Motorola RAZR VE20 User Reviews

imacg32007
posted on 18 Jun 2010, 16:20 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Jun 2009)

good phone with some annoying flaws

My contract was up with us cellular and i really wanted a new phone but i didnt have much money at the time. I was looking at phones and saw this one for $29.95 and it was the best phone for that cheap besides the Samsung Trill. The phone is very good looking and you can use the front of it for a mirror. Also you can answer and place calls and use the music player and bluetooth with the phone closed. When you open the phone you see a nice size and nice quality screen and nice looking keypad. This phone had everything my old LG Rhythm (which i sold) has except its camera is 2.0 megapixels where the rhythms is 1.3. The interface of this phone looks nice and the music player is great. It has a great camera as well but the lg rhythm took better pictures. This phone had several flaws. The most annoying one that made me return the phone was that you can not connect this phone to the computer to access files on the microsd card that means you cant put music on the phone or get pictures that you took with the phone on to the computer. I had to remove the microsd card from this phone and put it in my rhythm to transfer anything. This phone would not even charge with usb and i had installed all the drivers for it and everything. Another flaw is that this phone is kinda slow when going through the menus and doing things. Texting on this phone is terrible it lags and has that annoying word prediction feature which can not be turned off like for example when ever i typed the letter...

Pros

• Good speakers
  • good music player
  • looks nice

Cons

• no file transfer
  • slow

Verizon hater
posted on 02 Jun 2010, 17:00

VE20 3rd phone mfg warranty

Many issues the same as everyone else but mine for some reason after a few months will not accept the factory charger and states not valid etc.  this phone is crap and changed me from being a long time Moto phone owner for ever my next phone will not be Moto enough is enough I am moving on.

Avoid the phone.

Avoid Verizon they are the worst company I have ever worked with.  They ext contracts with out you getting a phone or even being made aware  and then fight you to keep them.  when i pushed to see this contract that they say i agreed to they let me go from my false contract ext.  Since they were fake and I never signed them over even visited the store they said i did.

In short they are the worst cell provider out there.

Pros

• Small Flip plays music touch screen.

Cons

• Hates the mfg charger and will not accept it after a few months.
  • crashes
  • less phone reception then other moto flips
  • short battery life if you use the mp3

TAMKEL31
posted on 13 Nov 2009, 21:48

CAN'T STAND THIS PHONE

i have had this phone for a year now and hate it! within the first two months i sent it back due to it shutting down by its self!  they completely wiped it clean.  it worked okay for a couple of months.  i do alot of texting on this phone and going online.  it will shut its self off and you have to open and close it to get it to turn back on.  i took it in today for the free battery swap to see if that would help.  within 4 hours my phone was dead again and i wasn't even on it!!!  i am getting rid of it and going to buy a delve!  hopefully that works for me!!

Pros

• SMALL AND SLIM
  • EASY TO USE

Cons

• SHUTS OFF AND ON BY ITS SELF
  • POOR BATTERY LIFE
  • SMALL BUTTONS

Anthony Myers
posted on 24 Jul 2009, 15:47

Save yourself!!!!!!!!

This thing was ok for a month i really liked it, but i turned into a nightmare!!!! Stated crashing freeing up the battary and screen quit, holy cow it was bad! Get a diffrent phone! It was nice at first though...

Pros

• It was good while it last
  • Good feture
  • MP3 player
  • Nice camera

Cons

• Freezes
  • Crahed
  • total screw up!!!!!!!

posted on 07 Jun 2009, 01:47

2.3

This phone is horrible! ive only had it for 2 months and i cant wait to get a new one.  it randomly decides to restart in the middle of textin and i cant delete or move any of my pictures b/c the phone shuts off! save yourself the headaches and dont buy this phone!

Pros

• i can check my hair in the shiney front...its like a mirror

Cons

• freezes
  • shuts off
  • low battery life

posted on 05 Jun 2009, 23:03

yay!! i got another phone

i really hate this phone it dosent vibrate anymore only had it 6 months so glad i got a LG shine yes my screen is cracked on the razr but i dont care i hate it

Pros

• music player

Cons

• it still freezes
  • it still crashes
  • bluetooth works whenever it wants
  • camera works whenever it wants

Keisha
posted on 03 Jun 2009, 13:42

I guess this phone isnt so bad.. xD

ok. I have had this phone since dec of 08. I first and i got the us. cellular rumor and that phone was the worst phone i have ever had. My mom got the Vegas so I decided to get it too. I love to take pictures. and this phone takes AWESOME pictures. But i soon found out that i should really start to put them on my memory card. So i wanted to transfer the pictures  over to my memory card and the phone froze up then it shut off. I was mad. So i decided to delete the pictures. It did the same thing. My phone battery is crap. I always text my friends. I would charge my phone but a couple hours later i have to charge it again. My mom took me into the us cellular store to do the battery swap thing now my battery lasts a couple hours longer. I dont like the boring look of the music player. I dont like the keyboard that much because it is harder it clean. My inside screen is really scratched up. My phone likes to sqeek when i open it. tho my mom never has any problems with her vegas.

Pros

• -Easy to text
  • -Easy to use.
  • -Good pictures
  • -Great sound

Cons

• -Software problems
  • -Keyboard.
  • -Freezes up.

random
posted on 26 May 2009, 06:19

Warning

Just a warning on this phone, when using music player with low battery, phone pauses music to give low battery beep. Also pauses music when bluetooth comes in range. Phone has also started freezing. Touch buttons on face can be tricky to touch just right. Also poor keyboard design for texting. Lastly phone must be shut off and battery removed to take memory card out.

posted on 12 Apr 2009, 21:38

2.7

Now Even worse

I hate this phone it is always freezing and crashing then restarting if i dont get rid of it the top part of it probably will be missing.

Pros

• Touchscreen

Cons

• SLOW
  • CRASHES
  • FREEZES
  • BATTERY Life

Jordan
posted on 10 Apr 2009, 18:47

OMG amazing

I don't know if this  phone is  one of the best razrs, but it is one of the best phones I have ever had.I have had seven.When I got this phone for US.Cellular it was amazing I guess it was stupied of me because I didnt find out it had a touch screen until 3 days after.Anyway, everyone said  it is not sturdy and does not have any battery life. Well my battery time lasts 2 days and I am a textin fanatic.Plus it is really nicely structured it is nice.

Pros

• ~Pretty much everything.
  • ~Wonderful pictures.
  • ~great Videos
  • ~Amazing touch screen
  • ~nice keypad

Cons

• ~shiny
  • ~shows fingerprints on touchscreen

posted on 25 Mar 2009, 20:49

Good at first

Its kent again and i said i bought the phone dec. 15. the phone was super fast at first now it has slowed down i have trouble wiith my bluetooth and it frezzes alot now so motorola putting out a good looking but cheaply built phone on the inside they have driven me away fomr motorola and now i want my razr v3a back.

Pros

• Good looking
  • Touch Screen
  • 2Mp Camera
  • Clear Screen
  • Nice speaker for ringtones

Cons

• SLOW
  • SHINY
  • battery dies quickly

Thomas Neubauer
posted on 25 Mar 2009, 18:44

I have never disliked a phone this much

All of the things that made the Motorola V3M a good buy for me 2 years ago make the VE 20 an utter failure. Normally the replacement product is supposed to be better than the previous product which is why you even bother to purchase it. Here you will see Motorola missed the boat miserably and fell in the water.
Motorola cheapened the phone by ditching the metal screen hinge that has served me well in the V3M. If you are a "texter" the VE 20 will prove to be so aggravating you may flush it or smash it on a YouTube video out of frustration.
The text entry works so poorly and so slowly that it is hard to enter even basic address book information. The buttons are textured haphazardly and feel nothing like the successful predecessors, aggravating and confusing. Use this phone with a Body Glove case as I have and you have a useless phone.
On basic texting this phone gets 1/2 star, and the engineer who dreamed up the keyboard design should be flat fired with no severance pay. In the back country we would describe the keyboard on this phone as "useful as a hind tit on a boar hog".
The phone is also slimmer physically side to side than previous designs of the V3 series. The V3M was a wider phone that was easier to use. If you are like me you have large hands and tiny thin phones are aggravating to use and condemned to being a line insurance claim or a phone that you never bother to answer because of the physical aggravation it causes.
Motorola also moved the option buttons which used to...

Pros

• Shiny surfaces to see the reflection of your face of disgust in.

Cons

• Too many to list - Please read the review. I am glad to be free of this phone and I had it less that 48 hours. I actually downgraded back to my BROKEN V3M to get away from this phone.

posted on 23 Mar 2009, 22:55

This phone is the worst piece of crap I have ever owned.

Pros

• Light feel.
  • Good sound quality. (I have an ipod for that though.)
  • Front touch screen makes self protraits easier.

Cons

• Delayed Texts
  • Freezes and Reboots Frequently
  • No function to save ANYTHING from the web, no photos, anything. No option of saving either.

Amy Glascock
posted on 06 Mar 2009, 08:47

Overall pretty good phone!

I have had this phone now for about two months.... I am very picky about phones and it took me a lot of looking and research to decide on this one to buy. I found that the models quality seems to vary a little depending on the carrier that you have. US Cellular seems to have the most sturdy feeling one. I haven't had any problems with the hinges feeling loose like some flip phones can. Overall the phone works great. I get great reception and it always has a good signal. It has a ton of features and I really like the touch screen on the front. It makes it easy to call someone without having to open the phone. The only problem I had with it is that US Cellular has made the software where you can't add ringtones to your memory card and then use them on your phone. It has a block so it will not let you apply them as ringtones. You can get around this by bluetoothing them to someone and then having them bluetooth them back to you, it's just a pain in the butt! Also it seems like the keyboard doesn't always respond when you are pushing keys. Sometimes I have to push a button more than once to get it to react. It doesn't happen very often though. The only other problem that I have had is that it takes a long time to delete text messages if you have more than a few in your phone. Besides that it works great and seems to be a good phone.

Pros

• Design - Nice looking and feeling phone
  • Screens - Both screens are a good size and very clear
  • SD Memory Card Slot
  • Touchscreen
  • Front Screen Works As a Mirror
  • Solid Feeling Phones
  • Camera Works Very Well and Has Lots of Editing Options

Cons

• Front Screen shows fingerprints alot!!
  • Can be a Bit Slow at Times When Deleting Messages
  • US Cellular Block on Ringtones from Memory Card

posted on 30 Dec 2008, 22:14

i got this phone on dec. 15 and i like it it freezes sometimes but overall it a good phone.

Pros

• touchscreen pretty good camera

Cons

• no camera flash slow fingerprints on the touchscreen

admaniac
posted on 30 Dec 2008, 14:36

So-So

I bought into the hype of the new Razr but quickly came to the realization that this phone is not as sturdy as the older Razr's.  The flip up screen on my first one was very loose, both side to side and when opening - I traded it back to Alltel and got another one.  This one was no better... it would randomly re-boot itself 2-4 times a day.  Traded it for a Glimmer and never looked back.

Pros

• Stereo Bluetooth
  • SD Memory slot
  • 2 Mp camera

Cons

• Flimsy almost cheap feel
  • Very flakey

maso
posted on 04 Dec 2008, 09:15

great

this is a cool phone to use i like the way motorola finnaly is going up the right path.

Pros

Cons

• shiny
  • fingerprints

alnegra
posted on 04 Dec 2008, 09:11

great phone

The Motorola Company has finnaly pulled its self together! They are comming out with s_xer phones.

Pros

• Menu menu
  • scrolls fast
  • touch screen buttons
  • cool keyboard

Cons

• fingerprints
  • flash on camera
  • shiny interface

SprintFlorida
posted on 24 Nov 2008, 12:52

Great All Around Phone...

This phone is quite feature rich for the price and performance outstanding...Features functions & benefits of the Motorola RAZR VE 20 exceeds some phones costing a lot more. There are too many features to list and you can read them in the information section. If you looking for a great overall phone this just be your choice. It is well worth looking at and trying it's a winner. Excellent value for the money!

Pros

• Pros: Great reception.
  • Excellent voice clarity.
  • Bright color displays.
  • Faster operating system.
  • Nice menu.
  • Good feel to keys.
  • Solid construction & design.
  • Big improvement over V3 series.
  • Great bang for the buck.

Cons

• Cons: So small not even enough to list.

Kyle
posted on 23 Nov 2008, 14:48

Awesome phone

For this being my first RAZR I have ever had. This is the real deal. Outstanding all the way around no problems except for cons listed (personal issues) and other then the battery life could be a little better.Even tho I still like Sanyo's the Kyocera/Sanyo deal will kill the brand IMO. Lastly, I still love Nokias but that brand is dead with Sprint. Now, I found at least one other brand that I can be happy with..Go test one and see if it is for you?!?!

Pros

• Great reception.
  • Excellent voice clarity.
  • Bright color displays.
  • Faster operating system.
  • Nice menu.
  • Good feel to keys.
  • Solid construction & design.
  • Big improvement over V3 series.
  • Great bang for the buck

Cons

• Itap instead of T9.
  • NO FLASH.
  • Speakerphone volume is too low.

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 11:10

Not good

I have had 2 of these phones in a week. I exchanged the first one because the battery wouldn't last for more than 24 hours.  The second phone I got the battery doesn't last any longer either.  I would not recommend this phone if you like to text alot because your battery will not stay for more than 24 hours.