Motorola RAZR V3 User Reviews

Emma
posted on 23 Apr 2007, 14:51

4.8

Dont get razo

My phone keepz on crashin and it doesnt com on for about 5 minutes and the camra iz crap it iz all blurry the bluetooth iz ok and the music player iz ok but u can only put on about 4 whole songz xx

Brandi Lechowicz
posted on 01 Apr 2007, 10:51

User Error, maybe?

I work for Cingular in the Warranty Department. We hear about horrible phones all day. The RAZR is one of the most exchanged phones. After looking at the situation myself, the exchanges we do compared to how many RAZRs that are actually out there are not bad. My cousin has a RAZR and not one issue with it. I honestly think most of the issues that come through are user errors.

posted on 26 Mar 2007, 21:55

5.6

Dissapointed.....but yet....hmmm

If your the type of person that doesn't really care about the features of the phone (ex: music, video, e-mail), then this phone is for you. I was dissapointed due to the fact that I purchased one of the very first (Cingular) RAZR's, and the stupid phone doesn't take ANY video! No MP3 Muic, and no High-Resoulution Camera. But to make the long story, short. If your looking for a cool phone that has many deatures I would DEFINETLEY recomend the Sony Ericsson W810 (video, camera;2 Mega pixels, MP3 Music, Memory Stick DUO, and FM radio with headphones!). In my opinion, DONT GET THIS PHONE, thier are other phone better out their, for a cheaper price. Im just waiting for the iPhone, hope it doesn't turn out like this piece of crap...lol

Tom
posted on 13 Feb 2007, 21:56

Pretty sweet phone

I've had this phone for about a year before I made a transition to Samsung t509.

This phone is bullet-proof in its closed state. Wow. I dropped it on asphalt a couple of times from about my waist height (I'm about 6ft. tall), but just a couple of nicks and scratches but no major dents or phone malfunction.

A very customizable phone, if you're into hooking your phone up to the computer. Having to learn the different procedures was a pain, but once I knew what to do, customizing was a breeze.

Phone a tad too wide, to be honest, although it has a nice, heavy feel to it when you're holding it.

I believe that a phone is a phone, though nice looks can be icing on the cake. This phone definitely has nice looks, nice interface availability, user-friendly, etc.

Keypads are awesome w/ nice rubber grip.

Again, super customizable, and loved it for a year.

x8LU3D14MONDx
posted on 06 Feb 2007, 01:08

Not as bad as they say...

I dont see why people see this phone as such a piece of crap. I've have the razr for almost a year and had no problems with it. The sound quality is like headphones and just because it's wide, doesn't mean it's not thin and light. Maybe people are looking for a handheld computer with loads of memory (for who knows what) instead of an actual cell phone...

April - "Verizon Sales Rep"
posted on 16 Jan 2007, 19:33

1.6

Not a Big Fan

I don't like this phone at all! When someone comes in for a Razr, I try to turn them on to something else such as the krzr, or v325i or even the Q! I have so many people come into my store with problems with this phone. I don't like the design, it is too wide and breaks all the time. I don't like the sound or the picture quality. I would never buy this phone, actually I would never buy a Motorola myself, except possibly a blue Krzr, just because i like the looks of it but I know it would give me too many problems! I will stick with Nokia and LG!

Britt
posted on 08 Dec 2006, 13:39

Sprint is better

My opinion about this phone is that I love it!. I bought the Moto(red) by Sprint for the AIDS awareness cause. I absolutely love the color, no one can ever compete with apple red. And the voice recognition on here is great. I guess Sprint took all of the other problems from the other companies and aced it with their own RAZR V3. I love this phone. I love the media player, music player, and a lot of other things. BUT I do agree it could have a better camera, the quality is horrible and the M8300 is a lot better camera wise. That's all I have to complain about. Overall I LOVE IT!!

Nat
posted on 12 Oct 2006, 06:29

5.2

voice message every 10 seconds

This phone just simply sucks. And motorola doesn't have any answers for when something goes wrong: for ex, i switched carriers and now every 10 seconds i have an annoying note that pops up on my screen saying i have a voice message... when I don't. No solution.

Thanks, Motorola.

NEVER AGAIN.

rae
posted on 13 Aug 2006, 22:21

5.6

not all its cracked up to be

the only good thing about it is, it is skinny. other than that not worth the money. The stickers in the center of the circle navigator and the emblem was off in no time. Bad reception and not loud.

IHATEMYPHONE
posted on 10 Aug 2006, 22:23

3.2

I HATE MY RAZR!!!!!

I have never had so many problems with a phone. In fact, I've never had problems with a phone until I got the RAZR. It sucks! Do NOT buy it!!! I just had mine replaced even because I thought maybe I had a bad phone...this one seems even worse if possible!!! BAD BUY!!!!!! BEWARE!!!

wr
posted on 09 Aug 2006, 05:19

Dont buy

*****upside*****
Style is perfect!
Quadband is perfect! (could call in panama, USA, europe aso).
flat-looks also perfect!

*****Downside*****
software - more bugs in it than the movie "a bugs life"

Got it since 01.2006.. and want to get rid of it.
Sms typing is a pain, can't turn off that anoying iTAP
function. This makes writing an sms to a one hour job because every letter sets free after 2 sec's(also not changable).

It spun 3 times allready.. 2 times it started vibrating for no reason, had to pull battery off.

2 of my friends allready traded it for a SonyEricsson or a Nokia..

*****overall*****
A pretty phone but with Poor software not worth to buy.

For me the software is the most important part of a phone (as it must be for every electronic device).
You want it to work than just look good, Style comes second...Unless you are called Posh Spice that is...:-)

Phone Crazie
posted on 02 Aug 2006, 20:41

Its Alrite

Phone is okay, Not to crazy about it, Maybe at first, But now its just not worth it. :o( ... Memory sucks!!!!!!! But you can find alot of gear for it, And the price went down, So Its probably good for people budgets :oP okay byee

big moma
posted on 20 Jul 2006, 16:44

this phone sucks than it looks!!!

my parents are mad at the co. because this phone kept shutting them off and it gets dirty easily!! they dropped it a few times[different time not the same time] but they told me that they will sue you and the co. shut it now or else i will sue you for one billion dollrs!!!

steve
posted on 03 Jul 2006, 10:03

hidden snags

None of the reviews mentioned the fact that.... You cant turn off that dam 'hello moto' start up sound. Simalarly despite turning off everything, the damn thing still gives a single 'bleep' every 5 minuits if you dont read messages immediatly. Both very anoying faults.
Otherwise its a good phone with a learning curve on the menus.

SFX72
posted on 29 Jun 2006, 18:36

LOVE MY MOTO

I bought the v3 for $270 AU and wow fell in love with it straight away. Memory is enough for basics ie photos and your fav ringtone and the look and feel are absolutly awsome.Theres plenty of mods out there to customize it to your needs as well.I had a se k750i with all the pros and it was great,but if you just want a phone that looks good and does what it supposed to do,you cant go past the RAZOR.

devon
posted on 07 Jun 2006, 10:44

THE PERFECT PHONE

the razr phone is the best phone for anybody i really dont see what the problem is not only is it stylish but it is slim so you dont have to have that thick phone poking out of your pocket also is is wide so you dont have to worry about not missing anything it has good reception i can hear chyrstal clear so if you have been obsessing about the razr i suggest you go out and buy one because it is well worth the price.

see ya later all you razr fans

Laverne
posted on 09 May 2006, 18:05

NOT HAPPY

I am on my 2nd replacement phone in less than 6 months. I have had many service providers and phones, It is my opinion this is by far the worse I have had to date. I have purchased a differant brand phone...
Would not recommend this phone to anybody.

KK
posted on 10 Apr 2006, 10:45

V3

I brought this phone for £99.99 and really like it. I can't understand why people complain that it can't do this and can't do that, surely you looked at what it could do before you purchased it? If you didn't don't complain about the phone!
I like the look of the phone and as I only use it for calling friends and sending texts it is ideal, it probably isn't the best as a business phone but again, it doesn't market itself as such.
All in all I think it is a great phone and as it has now dropped in price good value for money.

boon
posted on 06 Apr 2006, 08:28

Great Buy !!!

Have switch from Sony K700i to this.Had doubts at first as there has been several bad reviews abt this phone but just has to get it because its so PRETTY !!.Anyway has used this blue RAZAR V3 for 4 mnths plus now.

Had been awhile since i used a motorola phone so first thing i need to get used to is it OS.Copying ctc to it is a bit of a hassle defintely not as gd as Nokia but in the end manage to get it done..

SMS function is average but would defintely rate it far from Nokia and SE.

Memory sucks (no doubt) can only used for simple picture taking and not as a MP3 player...can't store more than 2 -3 MP3 songs.

Battery life is good(much better than k700i)..talktime can last for more than 3 hrs and standby time i would say 3 days plus

Reception and voice clarity is good, this is the strong point of motorola phones they always impressed in this area..seldom have any problem haering the other party.

Design simply excellent..light,easy to hold and carry in pocket...just flipping the phone feels great

Has dropped it 3 times ,and has nothing wrong with it might be that I am bless with a well constructed one.

Overall i would STRONGLY RECOMMEND to BUY this phone..the feeling of true metal is really great.. and price is just right now..forget abt the memory as a phone to me is purely just sms and voice calls and not a camera or MP3 player..going to get another one to standby (in case it became absolute)..CHEERS !!!

brett
posted on 02 Jan 2006, 22:51

6.4

purchased it on e-buyer for $200+

phone was working great for 3 weeks until the screen started fading out. I had to take the battery pack out every time this happened. The key sounds were low, even though i had it on level 7. I'm just 2 days over my return date. Now i have to make an even exchange and hope this one isn't a defect as well.

James
posted on 03 Nov 2005, 11:43

Motorola V3 Razr Cingular

I bought mine for 99 at Sam's Club. It was worth it simply for the slim sleek design. If you are looking for performance and a lot of memory go with something else. Bottom Line if you want a Great No Frills Cell Phone, buy it.

Javy
posted on 19 Oct 2005, 14:14

Razor Missed Attaching Options

The most beautiful celular ever. For me, one and the most important thing is missing. And its attachment of files. And I mean any kind of files. I want to attach word documents or Excel documents, and send it from the phone to any email address!..Common!, you can attach .jpgs and cant attach a simple .doc file?! THAT SUCK!... THen what that heck I want the Internet? Im going to return it. Im looknig for a beautiful cell phonw that have that feature..like the new Sony Ericson P990!

n3rxs
posted on 27 Sep 2005, 00:26

V3

I have had my v3 for quite sometime now and I am not sure why anyone paid 500 for it. I bought mine from a small mom and pop gsm provider and paid only 300and mine's unlocked. I really like the phone, yes some of them features could be better, but the thing I like the most is the mp3 usage for ringtones.

Also to the earlier post, if you want to reject calls, turn of the "Answer on Open" option and you can reject calls.

rsantill
posted on 21 Jul 2005, 08:42

My biggest problem

i'm quite content with this gadget except that i can only store up to 15 messages in my sms inbox. is there a way to increase it?

There is no setting for sms, only for mms. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

RD2100
posted on 26 May 2005, 14:18

Super Phone

I love the v3 simply because of the size. I always hate the belt attachment type phone. The v3 fits nicely in my shirt pocket. Would buy again in a heartbeat!