Motorola RAZR V3 User Reviews

Internet4.7/10
Call quality8.7/10
Battery9.7/10

AMDredux
posted on 14 Nov 2014, 19:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Nov 2014)

Good Memories

AMDredux has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I loved this phone when it came out. It was stylish, it had a camera, it was light weight, great reception, I just found it under my couch after 8 years or more, plugged it in and it turned right back on. I love this phone

Internet 1/10 internet was just a wild dream for phones at the time. what there was was a joke

Pros

• Reliable
  • Easy to use
  • long battery life
  • Light Weight

AMDredux alternatives:

Buba Gump
posted on 27 Jun 2011, 12:16

System Engineer

Buba Gump has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Best phone I ever had... Lasted 5 years, and was talked into a trade-in by ATT to Samsung Solstice. Worst mistake I ever made... Not sure what people were talking about the v3 being a bad phone. Mine never gave me any trouble, and, there are still 1000's out there in use... And, they still command high prices....Moto needs to bring something like this back!!

Pros

• THIN Design
  • Folds/ Stores well
  • Just always works!

Cons

• Black cases seem to scratch easily
  • Battery Cover latch spring gets weak

cocomarco101
posted on 05 Mar 2011, 12:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)

I liked this phone a lot

cocomarco101 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had a couple of these phones over 2 years. It was essentially my first "designer name" phone and I liked it a lot. Very slim and not bulky to carry around. I liked the high quality materials and the way the phone looked. Not the best phone for texting or taking pictures, but I would recommend this phone to annyone looking for a simple, no thrills phone.

• Call quality
  • Simple, to the point
  • Slim, stylish
  • High quality materials

Cons

• Texting

Tara Winters
posted on 01 Sep 2009, 00:12

1.3

Really

OK I dont know why these things sell!!!! they are the easiest phones to break into and they are the cheapest phones I have ever seen.

Pros

• Really cheap

Cons

• Easy to break into

QW3RTY_7
posted on 06 Apr 2009, 17:28 (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Apr 2009)

It's Ok

This was the first phone that i had ever gotten. and i didn't get it under mommies contract like half of the kids who had them. When i  had it, it had no problems. I don't recommend it if you have a shitty carrier. example: SPRINT. It has Mp3 ringtones which is way better than ployphonics. Lol the camera does suck, but it was made in 2003 i think, so of course it's not gonna have like 23.1 Megapixel camera on it. The OS is ok. it's not hard. Give the user about 2-7 days to get use to it.  it's been like 3 years since i had it so i don't remember much of it. heheh Overall it's a nice phone to start off with if your new to phones. - Theres a guy on here who said it was stupid that you have to save the phone number first in order to use the speed dial voicey thing....one word. DUH! otherwise what the hell are you gonna call stupid?? -Peace

Pros

• Nice Design
  • Keypad = Fawsome!
  • Mp3 Ring tones
  • Simple OS

Cons

• Sucks with Sprint

Dallas
posted on 28 Feb 2009, 10:51

Okay,,,

This phone is an okay phone, very good first phone I guess. The screen scratchs very easily. Doesnt have very good memory(ex.if you have more than 50 texts you have to delete them all cause there isnt enough memory to store them). When your taking videos you dont have a choice to stop it say if you were singing a whole song you could only do the chours, same with the voice recordings. Doesnt have any good ring tones.

Pros

• -------

Cons

• -------

Michael Plourde
posted on 18 Nov 2008, 20:24

uhh...THIS PHONE IS HORRIBLE!!!

Well this phone was nice when i first got it but after a while it went down hill. I liked it for a month, but you couldn't do very much at all with this phone. It's menu is like old motorolas and you can only hold a limited amount of texts. The phone is really pretty but that's it. The first month i had it the hinges were squeaky and i had to oil it. Then my phone wasn't working right at all and i sent it back to T-mobile and they sent me back one with the front screen's glass was all messed up and i sent it back AGAIN. Then i got the thrid one and it's keypads buttons don't work! So i went out and got a NOKIA 5310 XPRESS MUSIC! It's a really nice phone! I recomend the NOKIA!

Pros

• It looks nice.(ONLY GOOD THING)

Cons

• It doesn't have that much memory.
  • No memory card slot.
  • Really plain and boring.
  • Doesn't hold very many texts.
  • THE WHOLE MENU IS OLD LIKE EVERY OTHER MOTOROLA!
  • The battery cover doesn't stay on very tight.
  • You can't change the outside wallpaper.

posted on 27 Sep 2008, 04:33

RAZR V3...NOT AT ALL USER FRIENDLY

Ok, so, most people will think that it's the user who doesn't understand how to "work the phone."  PLEASE!!!  The major problem I had with it is the operating system is just PLAIN STUPID!  I mean, to set up a speed dial, you have to save the number to the phone...not REALLY a good idea...It will not work a speed dial off of the SIM card like a Nokia phone can.  Speaking of speed dialing, if you do "manage" to figure out how to use it, you will need to use three steps just to call your contact.  I guess I'm just NOKIA SPOILED as with a Nokia phone, you just press the number, hold it, and that's all there is to it.  I just don't see what all the hype is about...good looks aren't everything.

Pros

• Looks quite nice and stylish...THAT'S ABOUT IT!

Cons

• Programming this phone is RATHER ANNOYING AND TIME CONSUMING...
  • No countdown timer, not a lot of E-mail memory...I thought that Motorola was a lot better than this product that they put out...they should study EASE OF USE AND FEATURES OF NOKIA PHONES.

MotorolaExpert
posted on 22 Jul 2008, 19:43 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jul 2008)

From What I've Seen...

my freind has a MOTORAZRV3 MAGNETA and from what i've seen the phone preforms beutifully. the one thing i really dont like about this phone is that cruddy camera. it really does take the worst pictures i have ever seen on a cell phone. the sound quality is exellent, but the phone IS very easy to break, even if u hyper extend the clamshell. the phone also has java games, in which the graphics are pretty decent. the sreen display is really amazing, and the volume rocker is conviently placed. one annoying thing about the RAZR V3 is that the keypad digits can sometimes show up on the screen and the screen itslef needs a daily cleaning. overall the phone is nice and i highly recommend it for first time GSM users.

Emily
posted on 19 Jun 2008, 23:32

SCREEN PROBLEMS

I've been through three of these phones now (will be the last time I get one) and they've ended up having the same SCREEN ISSUES! At first the phone will just freeze once in awhile. The screen goes blank and sometimes it even shuts off. I have to take the battery completely out and then power up again. Then eventually the main LCD will not work, just has a backlight while the sub screen remains functional.
I loved the phone at first for it's style and ease of use, and I only stayed loyal to the model because of hating to learn new phones. When the first one broke I gave it another chance, the second one broke and I just remained fixated on not wanting the hassle and expense of upgrading. The third time my MAC user boyfriend was getting his coveted iPhone and just basically tossed his Razr at me. It is now having the same issue and I'm moving on.
Be warned!

NVT
posted on 21 May 2008, 04:12

5.6

I've had this phone for almost a year. I've been reading through the reviews this phone has received but frankly, i've never encountered some of the problems mentioned! Yes, yes, more memory would be great but oh well... The camera is not as good as some but it's not that bad. The camera has never frozen. Not quite enough message storage space for my liking (i can store about 50 sms's) but it's bearable because I dont keep messages for all that long anyway. I think it makes quite a good phone for talking and smsing though. It's nice and slim but also fits well in my hand and is fairly easy to find in a full handbag!

gimpo
posted on 16 Mar 2008, 11:25

hello moto

it is a good phone it does the job very well if it was a tad louder with quite alot more memory it would be fandabidozy

anyway jeremy clarcson has 1 so they couldnt be that bad

the tramp

posted on 12 Mar 2008, 10:33

1.2

rubbish

if u have lots of time to wait around on a the phone while it's incredibly slow processor does things, then this i the phone for you. i recorded a 5 second video clip with this phone and it took 2 minutes to save it wow!!!!

can you believe that 2 MINUTES TO SAVE A 5 SECONDS VID CLIP WOW!!!
also i pu t a video clip i dowloaded off the net onto the phone and guess what,i get an image but NO SOUNDS!!!!!

WOW!!!!

the phone freezes too much, the keys are awful and not very responsive. the camera quality sucks the speaker is low, the receiver is low, screen max brightness sucks. speakerphone has funny buzzing sound sometimes.

BATTERY LIFE 7 hrs yay 7 hrs of BS, but the phone needs it since it takes ages to do things so this runs down to you getting a couple hours talk time while the phone tries to keep up with you, if lucky u get to take 3 pics while the processor takes its time to render the image, u can't save much on it.

i've been through 5 of these and they all have probs.

posted on 02 Feb 2008, 15:49

4.4

IF UR GETTING A RAZR DONT CHOOSE THIS ONE

this phone really sucks. it looks nice and all but it's so slow.
the screen it ugly, poor colors and resolution.
camera FREEZE'S, or sometimes says it took the picture but didn't.
internal memory really small.
sound quality at max volume through receiver (max volume 7) is quite low.
loads of problems with it.

Aaaaron.
posted on 02 Feb 2008, 07:15

4.2

no deal.

i had the V3 for like, 6 months. wait that long before you review, because its really not a good phone.

the camera is awful,
theres no external memory,
the internal memory is smaller than miniscule,
the features aren't that plentiful,
the interface is s-l-o-w as,
the screen got heaps of dust under the screen,
and its just plain bad value.

although, the message button on the keypad was handy and the design is pretty good looking, even in 2008. i upgraded to a Nokia 6131 which is a much, MUCH better phone.

:]

Britt
posted on 10 Jan 2008, 20:54

Wicked Phone!

Personally, I think that the RAZR is a good phone...the best one that I have had yet. It is a bit slow, but what do you expect from new technology in such a slim casing? The photo quality is not the best, but it is good enough. Everything is easy to find on this phone, it get's a great signal out where I live (I live in a rural area), being that it is a quad-band. The memory is a bit shabby, but not to bad. Overall, I really like this phone, but it is not quite as good as the newer RAZRs (well...duh). I have never had a problem with it, and it works well, and doesn not break that easily.

Leslie
posted on 18 Dec 2007, 11:58

Camera freeze

My phone completely shuts down when I go into the camera feature. I have to take the battery out to start my phone again. Piece of SHIT.

bryce
posted on 15 Dec 2007, 20:20

hmmmm

well i have had this phone for a little over a year now...its not too good. the things i hate about it are that it breaks resll easy. also i can only store 30 messages in my inbox. the camera is not very good at all. i dont get very good reception. sound quality is alright. it does have a pretty nice desighn though. and for me worst of all....IT NEEDS MORE MEMORY!!!

montreal user
posted on 07 Dec 2007, 17:11

4.8

I've compared this phone to another phone, the V3xx. I've never dropped any of my phones.
The v3 gives poor sound quality, i've been using it for over a year and this is one of the reasons why i switched to the v3xx. It's a first gen phone so flaws should be expected. It was my first cell ever and it froze on me a lot. once i received a text msg and it made the little bell sound it usually does and wouldn't stop, i had to remove the battery and restart the phone to get it to stop. The V3xx is much louder than this phone and more clear, it's also faster. I'm on the fido network so anyone canada reading this i hope you find it useful. The phone looks nice but it's not worth the price fido sells it for. Your better off buying a higher version RAZR from ebay or somewhere (stay away from the V3 and V3c). i still have the v3 cuz no one wants to buy it, it's slow, the pics it takes aren't so nice, it gets somewhat decent reception, it's not meant for MP3's (only 7Mb internal memore with no expansion), the camera freezes sometimes when taking a pic.
After using the V3xx i never wanted to go back to the V3. my only prob is that my V3xx is european, i'm trying to get a decent North American RAZR.

canada user
posted on 07 Dec 2007, 17:02

5.2

i've had this phone for over a year. I've never dropped it. For a first phone it's ok but once you try out other phones you find out that this phone isn't the greatest. The only reason it has such a good battery is because it has a slow processor, it's internal video card it crummy, hence the low 176*144 pixel resolution, the receiver doesn't go that loud.

oscar
posted on 17 Nov 2007, 17:38

the worst phone ever

i also work at the warranty dpt and this phone is a piece of crap... i even have the v3xx and after 6 months of use is dead... im very dissapointed with motorola...

Devin
posted on 16 Oct 2007, 11:13

3.4

Not great

I work in the warranty department and i can say that about 4 out of 5 calls are about v3s, i have had like 3 myself, they are very defective

Sweetnezz
posted on 29 Sep 2007, 20:11

Great phone for...

this is a awesome phone for someone who don't want to spend tons of money on a phone, also I love that the talk time on this phone is non stop, I mean I charge it once every 2 days, and yet I be talking on it like there is not tomorrow. I also love the fact that you can hook this up to your computer and do alot of stuff with it, like customize your ringtones, download pictures, and even sycn your address book or just about whatever, yea I know the camera sucks, but not for me!!! I love it because, you just gotta know how to play around with it, when taken out a picture, the best time a picture looks good, is when its sunny outside, the pics are clear and crisp, also if you have those software like corel paint shop or even aol image editor, you can make the picture turn out like a million bucks! I would show you proof, but I'm too lazy for that, anyways, also I like about this phone, is EVERYTHING IS CHEAP FOR IT!

CoolGuyTech
posted on 07 Sep 2007, 18:53

4.6

LAME!!!!

this phone is the worst for motorola..im glad the razr 2 is out even though i am not getting..but this phone SUCKS!!!!! please don't buy this phone and this phone should be discontinued it came out like three years ago why are the still selling it..they have more razrs now!!!!

Alex
posted on 20 Aug 2007, 19:03

5.6

Bad But What Some Good

Omg this phone the whole world has it and it gets annoying the camera sucks the phone is slow when i scroll to the speed i want its behing and when i text at my speed and after im done its still putting the words !!!! and also sometimes the phon doesnt ring i just get the voicemail and when i tryed charging it it wont and also sometimes its shuts off completly or the screen goes blank