Motorola MOTO W233 Renew User Reviews

W233
posted on 18 Feb 2011, 13:25

I own one

W233 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

great phone. if you get a chance to get your hands on one, i say go for it.

it's really worth the buy.

affordable and reliable, it's has predictive text and stores a lot of contacts. talk time is really long.
FIDO offers it for a good price. and if you have fido dollars you can get it with that.

it may not have touch screen or camera or what not but it's still pretty good for what it is

Pros

• long talk time
  • light weight
  • cheap and affordable
  • lose it, get another for peanuts
  • MP3 is good
  • talk and text
  • no need to do firmware updates
  • IT'S A PHONE!!!
  • USB charging
  • RECYCLED MATERIAL

Cons

• no bluetooth for hands free
  • 2.5mm jack

posted on 12 Aug 2009, 07:08

It's recycled and it's amazing. the casing on hte phone is made with recycled water bottles. Great move Moto.
the phone is light and very reliable. though the screen only has 65K colors it's still it pretty nice, but rather small.

Pros

• long talk time
  • light weight
  • small and simple design

Cons

• no bluetooth
  • 2.5mm headphone jack

posted on 17 Apr 2009, 19:39

I needed a second phone for when I go into an area VZW cannot reach. So I bought this (prepaid). A nice phone, but you can only get music off an SD card, and not buy on demand on the phone itself. It is pretty green (not intended as a pun) and gives 6 (yes 6) bars of battery life. It's only been a day with it, and so far I love it!

Pros

• Great design, great features, ease of use, signal strength, music player, only budget phone with great features, best 65k color screen I've seen around, there's plenty more :)

Cons

• Music player- can't download songs on-demand :(

posted on 14 Apr 2009, 16:18

Great budget phone!

I bought this phone for $65 from Fido on a monthly plan, so $65 was the full price. I bought it just to keep me going until I can buy the phone I want, but I'm very impressed by it! It doesn't have many features: just calls and texts basically. It does have a music player which is better than the one I had on my past phone. It's screen is small but good for a budget phone I suppose. It's extremely light and compact which I like A LOT. The battery life is also very impressive. It has crystal clear speaker when talking to people on the phone and vice versa. Also, the speaker on the back for music, ring tones, speaker phone, etc. is LOUD AND CLEAR! Perfect for listening to music with friends somewhere noisy. The only flaw thus far is that the keys are unresponsive sometimes. I'm not sure if I'm not pressing them hard enough or if the phone's lagging when I press them and they aren't registering.

Pros

• - Low Cost
  • - Decent MP3 Player
  • - Light and Compact
  • - Long Battery Life
  • - Clear Sound
  • - Loud Speaker
  • - Environmentally Friendly

Cons

• - Small Screen
  • - Low on Features
  • - Buttons are Unresponsive at Times

Mark_S
posted on 09 Apr 2009, 15:59

W233/Renew

Best budget entry phone I have had in awhile. Above par call quality and reception. battery-life fantastic. Keypad and display a bit crappy but what does one want?