Motorola Krave ZN4 User Reviews

Guy Incognito
posted on 17 Nov 2008, 12:50

Fantastic Phone

I find this phone incredibly fun to use.  The touchscreen vibrates when you press a button, giving it some tactile feedback in a virtual-button world.
Whenever you are entering text, if you turn the phone sideways a full-QWERTY keyboard comes up and let's you type very quickly.  Because the cover is flipped up to enter text, the cover is blocking your left thumb, so you've got full QWERTY, but it's only accessible with your right thumb.  I'm getting used to this, and I don't really mind anymore.

MUSIC:
I got myself an 8 GB MicroSDHC card, and with the full 3.5mm (1/8") headphone jack, I can use this phone as an MP3 player.  The touchscreen let's you quickly jump to any part of a song whether the cover is open or closed, and most features can be accessed when the lid is closed, which is cool!
DOWNSIDE:  The phone will only read music in the Root "my_music" folder.  I tried copying over some tunes in folders for artist and album, but those don't appear.  When sideloading (apparently the term for moving music to an SD card so the phone finds it) all music needs to be in root "my_music"

Downside:  You can set ringtones for when contacts call you, but there is no way to set a ringtone for when you receive a text from a contact

Pros

• -Full QWERTY
  • -Support for 8 Gig's of music with a standard headphone jack
  • -Awesome touchscreen!

Cons

• -Cover prevents left thumb from accessing QWERTY keypad
  • -Music needs to be in root "my_music" anything in folders is ignored
  • -No ability to set a ringtone for a text from a specific contact

crazytxter
posted on 16 Nov 2008, 18:41

Amazing Phone

I got this phone on Thursday and have loved it ever since! I was planning on getting the Samsung Glyde, but then saw this, tried it out, then fell in love! I love the semi-clear flip-screen, but I also agree with other people and wish you could do some more with it closed. The texting is real easy and quick. I love the QWERTY keyboard. But sometimes when I'm texting my signature dissappears, it's still on the phone, but it stops showing in my messages. I guess scrolling is a skill that you need to be good at, I sometimes accidently go into things when i'm trying to scroll up/down. While people think that sometimes texting may be difficult with the cover there, i think it helps me hold on to it better, and i use mainly my right hand when i text. Love the phone other than a few minor flaws!

Pros

• Design/Look
  • Performance
  • Features
  • Applications

Cons

• Could be able to do more with the screen closed

Brian Martini
posted on 13 Nov 2008, 18:53

Pretty good phone

The Motorola Krave is a very nice phone. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now, and it is excellent. However, there are some flaws that I would like to see fixed with a software update.
First, the fact that I can't easily (or at all, I haven't looked into this much) access my pictures without the flip closed is kind of irritating for me.
Second, the qwerty keyboard is a pain to use because the left hand is kind of in an awkward position to type with.
Lastly, although it isn't an ability that can be fixed with a software update, I would have liked to see more features with the camera, such as resolution, face detection, etc.
Overall, It is very nice. I really like the interactive flip and the responsive touchscreen. There are some things I would like to see changed later on, but it is very well created and a great phone with Motorola's call quality.

Pros

• interactive flip, responsive touchscreen, unique qwerty virtual keyboard, great call quality

Cons

• no access to my pictures with flip open, not enough features with the camera, left hand in way while using portrait qwerty keyboard.

posted on 05 Nov 2008, 14:39

ehh

ive had this phone since the day it came out. at first its very awkeard and you think youll get used to, eventally you but it gets awkward again and is really stupid and trust me youll be begging more more buttons after about a month!!!! (i do like touch screen a lot just to let you know!)

Pros

Cons

• protective flap(gets in the way)
  • full touch keyboard (doesnt cooperate to good)
  • vibrate( extremly obnoxious)

kingohphones
posted on 22 Oct 2008, 19:50

Motorola's Comeback Phone!

I have to say I am truly pleased with this phone. The touch screen works great. I like the cover for protective purposes, and I like how yo ucan use the screen with the cover closed. It also looks great and unique. It is pretty much on par with other VZW touch screen phones. the QWERTY is a little meh, but you get used to it.

Pros

• Responsive
  • Reasonable price
  • Looks (imo)
  • Unique
  • TONS of features

Cons

• The QWERTY is harder because of the flap, and it is just harder typing on touch screen phones to begin with. You get used to it though.

thenewdynasty27
posted on 21 Oct 2008, 18:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Jun 2008)

it's pretty good

I've had this phone for about a week now and I really like ir. The only issue I have with the phone is that my battery is constantly going down. I charge the phone until the battery if full then I turn it off before I go to bed, then I wake up and turn it on and go to school and when I come home its plashing"Low Battery" and then I have to charge it again. And its done this everyday. Other than that its a great phone thats worth the price.

KeLz
posted on 20 Oct 2008, 20:07

So-so...

I had been ready to upgrad to a decent phone that was not a pda, but close enough as well as something I could have for 2 yrs...so I went and got the KRave, its an excellent phone, the only and I mean ONLY thing that bothered me, was that the reviews and ads hyped up the flip screen and how its great to protect and u can use it as a touch screen as well...WELL my issue was that you can only use it as a touch for certain things. Ie u can geta text, and read it but when u wanna reply u gotta open it and flip sideways or stay upright....same as with a phone call, u can recieve it, but u HAVe to open to actually talk unless ur on speaker phone...so after about a day or two, it got to be annoying because i felt that defeated the purpose, so i tookit back and got a dare, which is very similar, just no annoying flip...I do hope that they change that, as well as the options to change the icon...

Pros

• Nice design, good size,clear screen

Cons

• flip-touch screen doesnt work for everything, icons seen thru flip-touch is set and u can't customize to your preference

Jane
posted on 20 Oct 2008, 15:26

Good, not great. . .

I looked at several phones before jumping on board with this one.  I usually like to see what others have to say before making a decision, but the appeal of the screen size and touch feature got the better of me.  It's a cool phone to say the least, but I had several issues with it.
1.  Loved the idea of the touch screen interface for the keyboard but found that the keys were on the small side to use with thumbs.  I have fairly small hands and found that if my thumb rotated just right, I would more often than not wind up hitting other letters. . .that in addition to working around the open end of the phone as it rests in your hand was annoying.  Other than that, the screen was very responsive, quick to the touch but I found myself using my index fingers for the keyboard entry instead of thumbs as the phone rested on my lap.

2.  USB cable has changed so that the charger can no longer be substituted with a standard USB cable.  I used to be able to plug in my Moto Q to my computer at work and have it charge.  Probably just a smart phone issues, but it just seems to me that it's another way to add on accessories I guess. . .

3. Vibrate is beyond weak.  I could hear the phone vibrating before I could feel it vibrate in my pocket.  I only heard it because I was at home checking out the features, so it was dead silent in the house as I called myself from my land line.  That was pretty much the deal breaker for me. ...

paula
posted on 18 Oct 2008, 16:37

user

It is a breeze to compose and view text messages. I can also touch on the text to dial numbers or save numbers. All in all a great device for the price

Kman
posted on 15 Oct 2008, 22:04

I got this phone yesterday, and i have to say i am really impressed with this phone. Its touch screen is more sensitive then the dare's. Also its new menu is much better then any other verizon phone out so far, the new web browser is much more responsive then the dare's or voyager's. The camera may only be a 2mp but its has a great zoom function. Overall i would recommend this phone to anyone that is curious to try this phone out

• new menu
  • browser
  • call quality
  • speaker phone
  • and messaging

Cons

• touch screen will sometimes lag

Ortherion
posted on 14 Oct 2008, 12:54

I have this phone and i must say. It is really nice.
Responsive touchscreen, better then the Dare. The clear flip when closed acts as a touchscreen so you can still use phone. Interface is nice, alot better then the interface thats been put on almost all verizon phones for the past few years. HTML web browser is nice, however, you have to get used to the curser that follows your finger around. Good batterylife. Accelerometer the changes screen from portrait to lanscape(and vice versa) just by turning y9our phone. Qwerty keyboard is easy to use once you get use to it.  I can go on and on. Over all really nice phone.

Pros

• Qwerty keyboard.
  • Responsive touchscreen interface.
  • Call quality is typical Moto Excellence.
  • can use some features via touchscreen while flip is closed.
  • HTML browser.

Cons

• Have to get used to using the qwerty keyboard.