Motorola Karma QA1 User Reviews

SingingEagle
posted on 01 Nov 2012, 08:37 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)

Nothing Better

SingingEagle has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I absolutely enjoy this phone in the 2+ yrs I've had it. I've never had an iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, or any of those more seemingly high tech phones that require higher monthly charges. I was always able to access the internet WHEN NEEDED. I am not interested in carrying a mini laptop with me. I have that at home.
I especially appreciated the detail messaging features that I have never been able to find in any other phone without spending extra charges for apps that the servers what to add to your bill.
After looking through other phones when upgrade was eligible, I ended up returning the supposedly each newer model 3 times with extreme disgust at the lack of quality compared to the Motorola Karma. For me personally, this phone has everything I need.

Pros

• All the features needed without blackberry monthly charges

Cons

• Bulky

KKMG
posted on 26 Dec 2009, 00:10

Motorola Karma

I got this phone a couple weeks ago; I jumped at the idea of a Motorola with a full keyboard for AT&T. I had the Samsung Propel before, but the buttons were so flat that I mistyped constantly. I also am not very impressed with Samsung overall -- just too bland. But this phone's resolution was amazing, I couldn't help but stare at the screen. The colors on it pop and are so vibrant, it's really great. The buttons on it are nice, not flat, but harder to press than other phones (side note: the best texting phone I've ever used was the LG Voyager for Verizon [best phone company too]). The soft key buttons are hovered around the directional pad, so I keep forgetting that I have a clear/back button. I keep using the soft key above it for some reason. The earpiece volume is strong. I don't have to ask the person I'm talking to to repeat themself all the time. They also can hear me just fine. The speakerphone on it is better than most phones' out there. I loved my Blackberry Curve because the speakerphone on it was remarkable. This is a good contender with RIM's. The ringtones are loud, but they are kind of lame. I've had it for two weeks and I already had to download a ringtone because I was out of pre-loaded songs that I could stand to listen to. The vibrate is really good, too, you can definitely feel it when it's in a pocket or purse. The things I don't like on it are the fact that the metal edging around the black plastic of the front scratches SOOOO super easily. I recommend...

Pros

• crisp screen/resolution
  • speakerphone
  • earpiece volume

Cons

• HATE AT&T's universal user interface
  • lame ringtones
  • (these are minor cons)
  • metal edging scratches by breathing on it (practically)

wilcox
posted on 29 Aug 2009, 21:01

I need to let you know that I have searched for 3 years, phone after phone to recieve a good signal. tried all makes, even was instructed by ATT to wait until the new tower is up... well 3 years later and many phones gone thru, I happen to have the Att rep show me this little phone.... OMG... I love it, it is really the best phone , great signal , performace is wonderful , I can not complain at all.  My husband has a razar, several years old, its signal was pretty good 4 bars, all the bars I ever got was 3 and I purchase good phones,  NOW this KARMA BEATS THEM ALL!!!! If you want a great phone, great signal, text all.... JUST GET IT!!! You wont be sorry.

Pros

• camera, address, calendar,signal text all this is really good

Cons

• speaker a little low, and the alarms have to be enabled daily

Buy This Phone