Motorola KRZR K1m User Reviews

SteveKRZR K1m Fan
posted on 26 Aug 2010, 00:33

Great coverage, never dropped calls, excellent call quality

I've had this phone for over 2 years.  It looks just as nice as new.  I'm in Canada on Virgin Mobile and wherever I go, get a signal.  Never drops calls, just a good overall phone.  All the new phones have bigger displays, qwerty and do "smart" things, however I don't really need them.  Just now I'm having problems with the battery holding a charge after 2 years.  Just ordered a couple backup batteries from Ebay.  Definitely a good phone.  Unfortunately my options are limited if I want to stay with my provider for a new phone (prepaid).  So I will keep this one until it dies or I see another offering from my company.

I can't believe I bought this new 2 years ago and it was introduced in Mid 2006!

Good basic phone with good call quality and signal.  Wish I could get a newer model Motorola flip soon with my prepaid plan.  Thanks.

Pros

• Excellent call quality, great signal

Cons

• a little large and heavy for a flip phone, doesn't have "smart" features as it is an old phone

carfreak715
posted on 29 Jun 2010, 14:31 (Posts: 8; Member since: 29 Jun 2010)

Fire Engine Red

my dads friend had this phone, and he bought it with Verizon in red. i loved his phone. he fuckin hated it. it had the same camera as the RAZR, but it was slimmer width wise, and a little bit thicker. the call quality was great, the keypad was nice, and the phone was VERY durable.

Pros

• durability
  • keypad
  • removeable memory
  • music player

• restrictive verizon software

posted on 20 Jun 2009, 16:33

Sucky phone

Ok I got this phone a little more than a year ago and it was fine at first. But now my 1 button barely works, I have a huge crack on the front of it(and i haven't dropped it), the paint is chipping on the side buttons, my camera sucks and barely works, and the battery life on it is only like 24 hours. If you want a phone that lasts more than a few months DO NOT GET THIS PHONE!

Pros

• good at first. fast blue tooth

Cons

• buttons, battery, glass on front. =(

maybell96
posted on 23 May 2009, 18:11

NOT WORTH THE TIME OR MONEY

This the worst  phone  i have  ever had  it wasnt  working  1 month after  i got  it  , its  been a  year  and  4 monthes  now  and  it has a crack on the front from 1  small fall it freezes up  whenever  i get  a  txt and  the  paint  is  wearing  off the  buttons  on the  sides  and  the  speaker  button fell out. i put  it back  in and now  it  works  and  the  front  screen is  broken so  is  the  cover and  it  loses  battery way  to quickly. NEVER BUY THIS  PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT  IS  A  WASTE OF  MONEY

Pros

• nothing

Cons

• it has a crack on the front from 1 small fall it freezes up whenever i get a txt and the paint is wearing off the buttons on the sides and the speaker button fell out. i put it back in and now it works and the front screen is broken so is the cover and it loses battery way to quickly

SacK1M
posted on 06 Apr 2009, 12:27

Not so bad

I've owned the Metro PCS KRZR K1M for about a year now.  I've had a protective cover on the phone the whole time, so the gun metal finish still looks great - I want to replace my cover with a clear cover - it will look slick.  I've not had any problems with the phone physically execpt for the psudo-metal finish on the volume and speakphone buttons flaking off a bit (repeatedly hitting snooze in the mornings).  I teather this phone to my pc/laptop and use metro's internet - it's at dial up speed but not bad for being mobile and unlimited - I do have problems w/it sticking in dormant mode requiring a re-boot to get back on the web.  I have occasionally had a problem with the alarm clock unexpectedly NOT going off (not good), I reboot the phone just before bed in cases where it's my only alarm clock.  The MP3 had given me problems in the past - not showing songs that had been transferred - after some work it seems that the MP3 tag must have artist name, track name, and album name and any non-alapha characters should not be used in the tag.  Also, the album name cannot be "Unknown" as it seem the MP3 player uses this name.  I've also seen that 1GB is max MicroSD, but I am using 2GB w/o problem - it will not use MicroSD HC (ie. 4GB+).  Also, putting a movie on your chip appears possible, but the video player has a max file size it will playback - I have not found out what this is yet (trial and error).   DVD Fab has an option to...

Littlebee88
posted on 20 Mar 2009, 19:51

This is a Great phone

This is one of the best phones I have ever had. It is I would like to offer some rebuttals to the complaints.
1. Glass Breaks - Mine has never broken. I have two small kids, and it has been dropped over and over and it has never broken, I would imagine if you purposely throw the phone it will break, any phone would.
2. Bad battery - If your phone only has 3min talk time after a year, it may be that the BATTERY is bad, not the phone. It is just a battery and they wear out.
3. Bad reception - this phone has excellent reception, the only place it doesn't work - noother phone would either.

Pros

• Large buttons and easy to use interface like the razr, but better because of its narrower width.

Cons

• obviously there are phones with more features, but it isn't a smart phone

joshua
posted on 20 Jan 2009, 15:54

1.7

after this im never going to motorola again

i HATED this phone so much!
buttons fell off, it would freez, front cracked, battery life was bad, texting sucked.

Pros

• nothing

Cons

• EVERYTHING!

allie
posted on 25 Dec 2008, 09:29

I had the phone for 2 months, dropped it only once and the front cracks because it's glass. All of the cover fell off and it looked very crappy. Screen froze. Then towards the end of the 3rd month, the buttons fell off. It was summer and I guess metro's glue can't keep their poorly made phones together. If you can keep it together and in less than 90 degree weather, other than the freezing of screens, it is a good phone.

Pros

• Cool Looking.
  • Better than most metro phones.

Cons

• Buttons are glued on and fall off in summer.
  • screen freezes.

Elizabeth
posted on 20 Dec 2008, 09:03

Nothing But Problems

This phone has been a major issue. I use it as my home phone as well as my mobile, so I need it to have some battery life at least - which began declining after about four months. While it is really pretty (I have the red one), that's about all it is. After having my battery replaced and having it repaired two times for both battery drain and screen freeze, it still does not work properly. My provider is now giving me a credit towards a new phone.
I know of a lot of other people who have had problems with this phone as well. I cannot urge you enough - if you are thinking of purchasing this phone, save your money for something that will actually suit your needs.

Pros

• the design
  • texting features

• cell phone freezes

jackthebear
posted on 07 Dec 2008, 09:08

krazr good then bad

the krazr is a great phone when u first buy it. i had no problems with it but in a year or a year and a half it just starred to suck the phone kept freezing and now ive had my phone 4 a year and a half and now i have 7 minutes of talk time not good phone 4 people who like to talk its good 4 txting it gets messages but has trouble recieving pics overall not good phone.

Pros

• nice design
  • good txting

Cons

• horrible battery andto many problems to count

Trevor
posted on 20 Sep 2008, 06:34

1.7

horrible.

The front cracks, the battery life is now to bout 16 hours standby time, the buttons fall off, the speaker is buzzy, the screen is glitchy, it freezes. The only good thing about this phone is design, and that doesnt matter when the phone doesnt work!!! dont get this phone. waste of money and time.

Pros

• cool design
  • ez access menu

Cons

• mirror cracks
  • buttons are cheap and fall off
  • phone covers come off
  • battery is next to nothing, even when u get a new one. phone defect.
  • slow slow SLOW!
  • bad service l8r on
  • the speaker stopped working for me about 6 months into phone

Brianna
posted on 07 Sep 2008, 14:09

THIS PHONE SUCKS

I have had this phone for almost a year now. It sucks. A couple of weeks ago it froze on me every 10 seconds, litterally. Which meant I couldn't send texts or call anyone. Luckily it finally stopped doing that. Now i have yet another problem with it. I charge it all night and I take it off the charger... and 20 minuetes later it turns off on me saying low battery. Or if it's full battery and i call some one you will hear the beeping saying low battery and than turns off on me immediatly. While I was still talking to the person [when its full battery]. Good thing it is discontinued. Cause I DO NOT recommend this phone to anyone.

Pros

• nothing good

Cons

• everything about this phone

Maddie
posted on 13 Aug 2008, 13:15

Battery Sucks

So I've had my verizon Krzr for about a year and if do two calls with a full battery after that 2nd call my battery is dead. I mean the phones is pretty. also there is no flash for the camera and if you want v-cast its just more money but the sound is good.

brianna
posted on 06 Aug 2008, 21:51

good. but then.....

okay i have had this phone since october. and now its august and this phone is extremely horrible. Just last week i have had these huge problems with it for no apparent reason. every minuete it blacks out on me and than freezes. And it has been doing that allll week! I can't wait to go to verizon and get a new phone!

Lori
posted on 05 Aug 2008, 20:25

4.8

Don't waste your time

This phone looks really nice and sleek, but the performance sucks.
It freezes constantly especially when a text comes in and you happen to be doing something else on it at that time. Battery life isn't great. Menu button came off after a few months and the paint off of the keys turned a copper color. (i text a lot) there is a constant lag time for EVERY action. Think about hitting your contacts key and having to wait 5-7 seconds for it to do something.

Angie
posted on 04 Aug 2008, 01:15

Dont waste ur money!

ok i know there are some people who like this phone but im not one of them....this phone i thought woul be a nice sleek looking phone which it is but its time for it to move on. if u get 2 or more txt at one time it will freeze on u for like 20 min ( and yes i took out the battery i turned the phone off i tried everything and all it did was freeze up on me every two minutes) and im not the only one this has happened to....two of my friends had this phone and their also froze up..im sorry but if ur thinking of this phone just forgett it...its not worth the money or time!!!

MotorolaExpert
posted on 24 Jul 2008, 20:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jul 2008)

MOTOKRZR IS HOT....

my dads freind has this phone in red and this phone kicks some serious fiery butt. i like the KRZR because of the awsome design, the glossy finish on the front and the way the keypad is designed. the phone is very functional and in some cases, WATERPROOF. (no lie). the features on this phone are pretty cool, but i could ask for a little more. sound quality is outstanding hands-down. this phone is absolutley georgous, and this is the ultimate phone for preps.

Andrew
posted on 16 Jul 2008, 14:22

awsome

awsome phone get signal straight exelent battery awsome features.
recomend it

Jeramie
posted on 08 Jul 2008, 13:31

4.6

Pile of Junk

Im on my third phone in just over a year. All of the phones have had serious troubles from horrible battery life, the loss of ring tones or any tone for that matter, the phone locking up, etc.

These phones simply are not worth having. My contract is up and sadly I have to buy another phone. The one I have now is only a couple of months old and already the battery life is only a couple of hours and it has never been on a car charger.

I contacted Motorola and they want to send me a new battery but that does nothing for the complete loss of ring tone. Half of the time I never know people are calling. I am also getting dropped calls in Tulsa. There is no reason anyone should ever have a dropped call in Tulsa....

Garet
posted on 15 Jun 2008, 16:30

5.2

crap

When i first got this phone last april it was awesome, i had no problems with it until the end of the summer, my battery wouldnt hold a charge very long, and it started make a weird buzzing sound when the keypad light were on, so i finally went to the verizon store this past February and they replaced the phone for me but made me keep my battery ( the battery was pretty much the main reason i was there) so i finally got tired of my battery lasting not even an hour and just bout the extedned one, but now the place piece on the front keeps falling off and my screen cracked when i closed it, so im going back to verizon tomorrow! i recommend never buying a motorola phone period, the batters suck, stick with lg or samsung.

posted on 01 Jun 2008, 00:53

1.4

this is the worest phone ever! it is so so so slow, it takes almost 30 secs. for a text message to load. the camera is so bad after a year of owing it the camera stop working. do not ever buy this phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

brittany
posted on 21 May 2008, 16:17

hey, its a motorola..

so ive had this phone for almost 6 months. the phone has a nice sleek design, but there is really nothing special about this phone from any other one that verizon has out. sometimes it has a slow response and ive had problems with the texting and sometimes my calls get disconnected, yet im in a perfect service area. i wouldnt recommend this phone unless you didnt want anything fancy - you wont get anything fancy, lol. i think ill go with LG or Samsung..

posted on 10 May 2008, 20:08

2.6

This is the absolute worst phone I have EVER purchased. I have had it for 4 months and it has been in the shop over half of the time, literally. The camera is slow and I have yet to be able to download music to my playlist, a supposed feature of the phone. Also, I downloaded one ringtone from EasyEdge and the phone quit working after that. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE EVER!

person
posted on 10 May 2008, 19:27

1.8

so bad

this phone is so bad. probuly the worest thing on this phone is the camera and camcorder it takes about a mintuin for it to load. the batery life on this phone is so so bad. i hate this phone

brian
posted on 10 May 2008, 19:24

3.8

BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the worest phone i have ever had! this phone is so so slow when i opened it, it takes about 5 seconds for it to displain the menu. the battery life on this phone is so bad. within a mouth of having this phone the paint started to come off. this is such a bad phone.