Motorola FLIPSIDE User Reviews

Call quality7.9/10
Reception7.8/10
Display8.1/10

lyric
posted on 05 Apr 2013, 23:39 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)

This phone is POOOO

lyric has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I hate this phone ,i've had it for about a year and 3 months. The apps are slow, It always says that I'm low on device storage and i only have one app. Sometimes when someone is calling it wont let me answer .. and my mom thinks i do it on purpose. I've had 3 of these terrible phones and now I'm upgrading to a iphone 4s. I am so excited! Also back started coming off like 3 mth. after I got it and then it wouldn't stay on anymore. eventually I lost it and it made my phone look tacky! DONT BUY THIS PHONE !!!! YOU DONT WANT TO SUFFER LIKE ME!!!

Build quality 7/10 The screen could be larger for on screen typing
Reception 5/10 i drop calls constantly and can never make an outgoig call..
Call quality 8/10 The phone speaker is pretty clear and nones ever had a problem hearing me
Internet 7/10 It was alright, put sometimes it would freeze if you have been on the internet too long
Camera 6/10 No auto focus
Everyday usage 2/10 I would get so frustrated that I would want to throw it a wall after a days usage
Text input 8/10 Really well on the full qwerty keyboard
Display 7/10 Sometimes things weren't true to color and seemed kind of orange.
Battery 5/10 Wouldn't even last a full day , without me using apps and stuff

Pros

• Sound

Cons

• Everything else

Amandax3Scull
posted on 24 Jul 2011, 20:29

HATE THIS PHONE

Amandax3Scull has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS PHONE! i've had 3 replacements already. Nothing ever works. I have 1 app on the phone, no pictures, no texts, no contacts. ANd yet EVERY DAY it says i have "no device storage" "low on storage space" "apps cannot function properly" and its all a load of JUNK! CUZ THERE IS NOTHING ON THE PHONE! Its almost at factory default, and it wont send or recieve texts. The phone CONSTANTLY shuts off, Then it takes 2+ hours to reload. The contacts are NEVER loaded, I cant make outgoing calls. I cant make outgoing texts unless i know the persons number off hand. When I get calls, the calls are great. But it CONSTANTLY freezes when im getting the call, and the phone will ring and ring and ring and ring but the call will never show on the screen. So i could check my email, and texts, and the call would never show up. It wont send a text until the phone buzz's, or alerts, or receives the text. So if someone texts me twice in a roe, it freezes the phone. I cant reply until the phone finally alerts me. Even though the whole time I could read the texts that were sent. I Love the apps, they run fantastically. But the basic phone functions never work. Im going to get the 4th replacement next week...

Build quality 9/10 LOVE the layout of the phone LOVE the keyboard
Reception 6/10 i drop calls, a lot.
Call quality 8/10 always clear
Internet 7/10 freezes if u click, and nothing happens, and click again, it'll load the page and click again once the page is loaded even tho u didnt touch it.
Multimedia 9/10 LOVE my music!
Camera 4/10 crappy quality
UI speed 1/10 NOTHING works right, and its slow as anything!
Everyday usage 1/10 Will not make calls or texts. AWEFUL
Text input 9/10 AMAZING keyboard!
Display 6/10 screen could be clearer
Battery 2/10 I charge it 3 times a day!

Pros

• KEYBOARD!

Cons

• EVERYTHING

Caleb
posted on 30 Jun 2011, 20:01

Motorola Flipside

Caleb has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I love the phone it works for me. The phone could be a little bit bigger which would help for touchscreen keyboard typing. The call quality is great because you can change the way you hear for call quality. The internet is good but could really use the full flash not just flash lite. The camera is good because I can use things like kodak perfect touch to enhance it or use advanced editing to make it look better.The UI speed is astonishing. Even though it has a 720 mhz processor it's likew it has the processor of a Droid X. I am going to give it to you straight the battery life sucks.

Pros

• Keyboard is useful for texting
  • internet is good
  • for a 720 mhz processor it is really fast
  • the call quality is amazing since i can change it
  • i get reception everywhere i go

• 320*480 pixels

sassy16125
posted on 14 Jun 2011, 11:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Jun 2011)

sassy16125 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Hate this phone!! I have been through 3 replacements of this phone and it still doesn't work right. The screen freezes up and I have to take the battery out to get it to shut off. It shuts off by it self all the time even when just sliding the keyboard in or out it will shut off. It always sounds staticy and I can hear an echo when I talk. Over all I do not like this phone at all!!!

posted on 29 Mar 2011, 18:35

Flipside

Motorola Flipside has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone by far is my favorite phone of all time. The display and texting is ultimately perfect. The app store or the "Market" is somewhere where i spend a lot of time buying fun apps. Buy this phone and it will serve you well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

Cons

• battery not the best but every thing else makes up for it.

Motorola luver
posted on 29 Mar 2011, 18:27

I luv dis fone

Motorola luver has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I love this fone so much u have no idea if i cud rate it higher i would. It has amazing apps and internet qualities, this fone is ideal for txting and social networking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck33
posted on 13 Jan 2011, 11:13

This phone is PRETTY GOOD! those other reviewers are CRAZY!

Chuck33 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone is AWESOME! I came from sprint and this phone has been a GIFT FROM ABOVE for me! Very Sturdy! Decent Call Quality. Outstanding Browsing Experience. The Processor handles all the things I do with the phone! The Battery lasts for quite a longtime opposed to the balckberry bold i used to have from Sprint. Im not APP HEAVY on the phone either so that helps alot. I can input words for text messages with the touchscreen vertically, horizontally, or use the full sliding qwerty keyboard!

Pros

• Great video viewing on network
  • Multiple ways to input words for texting
  • Nice Sized Display
  • Web Browsing experience
  • Strong Processor

Cons

• Average Call Quality
  • Subpar Camera

Mikeyplourde
posted on 25 Dec 2010, 23:10

Motorola Flipside

Mikeyplourde has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I HATE this phone. It's horrible. I purchased this phone on Christmas Eve, two days ago. I used it all day today, Christmas, and it took about 7 hours to fully charge it which in my opinion is kind of too long. After charging it, it lasted for 3 hours and then died. I recharged it right after and it died again in less than 3 hours. Also, while texting, the keyboard stopped working and I set it down for a minute and it shut itself off. It turned back on to the At&t screen and the lights on the buttons flashed on and off repeatedly. When sliding the keyboard open, it took too long for everything to change direction. This phone is just awful and it's being returned tomorrow.

Pros

• Full QWERTY Keyboard
  • Touch Screen
  • Apps
  • 3.5 Headphone Jack

Cons

• BATTERY
  • Slow

Jovon08
posted on 30 Nov 2010, 10:29

FLIPSIDE

Jovon08 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I LOVE THIS PHONE. this is like having any and every thing in the palm of your hand. This phone as 3 different ways to text 1) the keyboard 2) Vertical full keyboadrs 3) horizon full keyboard. Easy to use phone and app on phone Plus you can set the phone up any way you want on your screens.

Internet 8/10 It take awhile to understand

Pros

• Backlight
  • Easy set up
  • Full Key Board
  • Touch

Cons

• Battary