x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Text input7.5/10
Everyday usage8.2/10
UI speed7.2/10

ermayo93
posted on 28 Nov 2013, 10:17 (Posts: 14; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)

Motorola Droid A855

ermayo93 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Stands the test of time.
Pros:
Build quality is tough
Batterylife is decent
Reception is above par as well as call quality
Camera is very good

Cons:
Keyboard is very flush and hard to text with.
Processor is sluggish, but what do you want, it's a circa 2009 on 3G
Heavy phone. More metals used in construction.
Screen and camera are average.

Build quality 8/10 Metal construction. Makes phone heavier.
Reception 9/10 Great reception
Call quality 10/10 People say I sound like I am on a landline.
Internet 8/10 Processor a bit sluggish
Text input 6/10 Very flat and flush keyboard. Difficult for texting
Display 8/10 Very good display but not exceedingly crisp
Battery 9/10 Quite good despite all the preinstalled bloatware

Jessica98664
posted on 28 Jan 2010, 18:55 (Posts: 11; Member since: 15 Jan 2010)

DROID ROCKS! WOW DID I JUST SAY THAT?

Ok I've had every phone Verizon has put out Since I started working for the company In 2006 and I'm a Blackberry Support Specialist too. I wasn't going to jump on the Droid train but I was finally forced to as sales raised. Being I'm the type of person who has to use it in reader to sell it. I had grown very comfortable just using blackberries over the last year and half and spent allot of money on my schooling for them. So for me to say its anamazing phone it must me. The phone puts IPhone to shame I must say. I'm a very fare person when it comes to this business and I'm not scared to say another company has a better phone or offer then us. I'm a logical person! And logic,reason and knowledge says its over all better. There are no perfect phones out there. All of them lack one thing or another to make them perfect! I want to add if your having battery issues it the fault of the person who sold it to you, you not listening when sold  or you not simply put using the task killer you should be. If you down load even the free one you wouldn't be having this issue.from AP store :its called "TASKILLER" little red guy icon or my favorite " TASKKILLER" two K's not one like other Little green man Icon! One of the flaws in this phone/Pda is it has no built in way of closing out of what your doing so you need to down load a task killer to do it for you. Having everything always open your battery will die. I also read about someone really going back to At&t and willing to suffer...

Pros

• eVERYTHING I DIDNT PUT UNDER CON!! :)

Cons

• NO WAY TO SEND MUSIC FILE OR SOUND CLIP TO OTHER PHONES! KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A MOTOROLA ISSUE NOT A VERIZON PROGRAMING ISSUE.
  • WONT LET YOU ADD YAHOO EMAIL ACCOUNT FORCED TO JUST SAVE PAGE AS A BOOK MARK.

dennismc
posted on 07 Jan 2010, 16:50 (Posts: 6; Member since: 12 May 2008)

Droid addict

I came from a Blackberry Storm and havent looked back, this phone is just great in my opinion.An open platform is the best and now were getting Android 2.1, flash 10.1,Google earth and another service update.I will be keeping this phone for a while.There is no global roaming but i am never out of the country anyway so thats no big deal for me.I just cant say enough good thing about this phone its like a breath of fresh air my Blackberry was getting boring and i never owned a Motorola phone before but this baby has won me over.Good job Motorola and Verizon and Google.

Pros

• web browser- screen- apps- call quality- on screen keyboard is the best i have used-etc-etc-etc

Cons

• no dialing from bluetooth-lockscreen time out. no big deal

MR521
posted on 10 Nov 2009, 13:06 (Posts: 47; Member since: 12 Jun 2009)

Just Awesome!

This is by far the best smartphone i have ever had, so far. I've owned the Iphone 3G and I can simply say that because of the multitasking the Droid does, it makes it superior to the Iphone, other than that both phones are great. Let's begin with the design. Although some dislike the squared form, I really dont mind it. Sure it's not the prettiest but it's fine by me. The phone is heavier than what it looks like, but it has a nice solid feel. The keyboard took me a day to get use to. Not the best kb but its ok cuz i have thin fingers. Because of the dpad you will notice it's pushed a bit more to the left.The touch screen is awesome and it's very responsive. The multitasking is the best. You can have many things running at the same time without a lag. If the Droid manages too many things for it to handle, theres a window that pops up stating that "X" app will need to close or if you want to wait for it to respond. One thing i did have a problem with was the POP3 email , hotmail to be exact, but that's because i messed with the settings. All i had to do was remove the account, and set it up again. This following comment goes to Alex Tiff:there is copy and paste,  but it is not supported on the browser, so if you are on phonearena, for example, you cannot copy and paste an article, which sucks, but I wouldn't trash this phone for something that can be fixed with a few updates. Look at the Iphone...it took 2 previous phones to get it to where it's at today. So yea, this phone...

Pros

• Resolution
  • Screen size
  • Multitasking
  • Android Market
  • QWERTY KB
  • Fast processor, was told it's running 2 CPUs, but im not sure about that. sure feels like it.
  • 5MP Camera w/LED
  • Open Platform

Cons

• no copy and paste on browser
  • DPAD is not really necessary

gdjsnyder
posted on 06 Nov 2009, 20:13 (Posts: 9; Member since: 06 Nov 2009)

Amazing phone, but maybe not entirely the best.

As an iPhone user of almost two years now I must say jumping ship to this phone was a tough decision, but as videos poured out the past two weeks, I knew I must have this phone. And I am more than happy with leaving my 3GS behind for this phone- I think this phone tops the iPhone.The first thing I am THRILLED about is interchangeable batteries. My 3GS would last, maybe ten hours if I was lucky, and Apple kept telling me how to have it replaced- be without a phone for two weeks. Now I am in the safety net of knowing I will not have to be without a phone. The second thing that blew me away was the speed of the phone. I knew the browser was going to be fast, but when I saw speeds faster than my 3GS I was astounded. The downfall of this though is that some websites (mainly my college web log-in) will not render on the phone, but the browser is still amazing.I thought about the App Store for Apple having 93,000 apps and Android Market only having 12,000 and I thought that would be a drastic difference, but all of the apps I downloaded today were what I needed and wanted, not a single App I wanted wasn't there.Google maps is pure brilliance in its beta form, I can not wait for the final version because it really is astounding, as is Android 2.0.The downfalls of the phone lie in the multi-touch surface, or should I say lack of multi-touch surface. Browsing is much harder now without pinch and zoom, and even though typing is good without lag, I still type too fast for the keyboard...

Pros

• Super fast web browsing
  • Android 2.0
  • Call clarity
  • Screen resolution

Cons

• Weight of phone
  • No multi-touch
  • Lock/Power Off button very inaccessible
  • Notification bar very skinny

redman
posted on 06 Nov 2009, 15:45 (Posts: 12; Member since: 14 May 2008)

I've been abducted by an Alien and am loving it...

Just picked up the Droid from Best Buy over my lunch break (replacing my HTC XV6900 - Touch), I did the pre-order just in case, but they actually had a few on hand, which surprised me.  I was a little bummed because I signed up for my pre-order at Best Buy thinking Verizon would not have any in stock when I got off of work to pick one up today, but then Big Red had to go and open stores early... oh well, at least I didn't have to send in a rebate going with Best Buy!  Got it for $199.00 instantly, but they weren't sure I should get even more off from my new every two discount, I'll call Big Red about that later.

The phone feels awesome, extremely durable feel, a bit heavy, the screen is amazing, and I even like the keyboard (already typed out a few messages and searched the web with ease).  Over the past month I have been moving all my e-mail accounts to consolidate through Gmail (like hotmail, yahoo), and did an import from outlook of my 4,400 contact records.  So when the phone asked me to sign in to my Gmail account, it started pulling down all my contacts and e-mail automatically, and in about 20 minutes I had all my 4,400 contacts on my phone ready to go.  Then I entered the info for my works Microsoft exchange and now all of my work e-mails are coming to my phone, just as simple as pie.  I am astounded, I did not believe getting up and running could be this easy.  The touch screen is great, very responsive, but...

Pros

• functionality, speed, voice search, google integration, maps, real keyboard that feels good (at least to me), screen resolution and brightness is amazing

Cons

• a little heavy, no multi-touch in the general OS operation but the on-screen keyboard is soo responsive it doesn't bother me,

IAMPrimordium
posted on 28 Oct 2013, 15:58 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)

Solid phone for its time

IAMPrimordium has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I owned the phone for a few months before upgrading to the HTC Droid Incredible, and honestly if I were using it when it came out it would have seemed amazing. The problem I had was mostly due to the camera and the keyboard. The camera was definitely sub-par and the keyboard was awkward to type with, otherwise, the battery life was decent and the touch screen was very responsive given it has a single core processor and very little ram. Overall, the phone is nice, just outdated. Its comfortable to hold and looks pretty nice too.

Internet 8/10 At times the internet was slow and the 3G is obviously out dated
Camera 1/10 At times the camera would take pictures and the picture would be partly a solid black. The camera's quality was also a let down compared to the Droid 2 which also sported a 5 MP camera yet took amazing pictures.
Text input 6/10 Awkward keyboard but the touch screen keyboard was pretty good

Pros

• responsive given the outdated processor
  • music player organized and good speaker
  • nice and sleek design
  • comfortable to hold

Cons

• small amount of RAM
  • camera (HUGE PROBLEM)
  • physical keyboard

gamaliel15
posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:02 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)

Sh*t happens :/

gamaliel15 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The phone freezes, does not respond, and even restarts but i love that phone its been with my for a while and i have 2 more droids but i still use it on a daily bases, for example....listenning to music at school..if my mom wants to take my phone i'll give her that one instead of my activated phone..and even at school if the teacher wants to take it ill give her/him the decoy :0 HAHAHAHA

Pros

• I dont feel like typing them because im at school doing this

Cons

• Freezing (2 or more hours)
  • Meltdowns
  • Having to put in freezer on a daily bases

saffronscursex
posted on 19 Jan 2011, 16:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)

This phone is great in some ways but at the same time has its major flaws.

saffronscursex has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for about 8 months and honestly I can say that for the most part I've enjoyed it. One major thing I've loved about the phone in general is the fact that is has a QWERTY keyboard, that was mostly the reason to as of why I got this phone in the first place. My age group (14-20) would definitely love this phone since we're all about texting). But after a while the keyboard turns horrendous and sticky.

One other thing I've noticed is that the processor can sometimes be slow and freeze at times due to the fact that it can't handle the OS. But hey only people that really look into detail give a damn about all this. If you're looking for a cheap yet fun gift for your son/daughter or any young relative this phone is definitely it!

Build quality 6/10 A bit too bulky wish they could make the keyboard a bit smaller or do SOMETHING to make it thinner, but the weight is not a problem at all it doesn't bother me in my pocket while I'm at work, mostly.
Reception 10/10 The reception for this phone is amazing. I have ALMOST never had a call dropped. Even when I'm in the basement. I have had maybe 2-5 calls dropped in the 8 months I've had it and I make at least 8 calls a day. You do the math at how good that is :)
Call quality 10/10 The sound that the speaker provides is great sometimes I have to put it down a bit due to it being too loud.
Internet 9/10 The internet looks just like a computers would, the only problem is that the processor is a bit slow in loading pages even when you're on your wi-fi. But don't get me wrong the pages are displayed with great results.
Multimedia 7/10 The market provides endless fun for this phone regardless of the phone has little multimedia features.
Camera 9/10 Nice camera compared to other phones. Features are neat, too. 4X Zoom, daylight adjustment, and flash are just a few of the awesome features this camera has.
UI speed 10/10 Amazingly easy phone to use the simplest I've had compared the to iPhone, Blackberry storm and Env3.
Everyday usage 9/10 This phone has done wonders for me whether it be from translating a phrase from one language to another or navigating me when I was lost 100 miles from home and getting me home. Credit for that.
Text input 6/10 I gave it a 6 because the keyboard is good in the beginning but begins to get a bit sticky and hard to press the keys after a while.
Display 8/10 Display screen is great. Easy to manage. No complicated features.
Battery 4/10 The Battery life is absolutely dreadful. I can take it to work completely charged and by the time i leave after my 8 hour shift it will have down to 20% or less left.

Pros

• Easy to manage, great for entertainment, nice camera. And can't forget about the keyboard for the texters :)

Cons

• Very poor battery life. Slow processor, freezes at times. Keyboard wears down after too much use.

saffronscursex alternatives:

LastxINxLine
posted on 15 Dec 2010, 14:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)

Stands the test of time

LastxINxLine has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had my phone since march, i know if i had waited just a little bit longer i could have got the moto droid 2, but honestly i was pretty set on getting this one and I'm glad i did. This phone (in my opinion) is better than the motorola droid 2, the customization features on this phone are easier to access and operate, plus (and i know I'm knitpicking) the dock bar and notification icons looks as though a 5 yr old designed them, I prefer the keyboard on the original droid to the new droid 2's keyboard and though i really dont take advantage of the gold bevel, it does come in handy when you're texting and need to fix a typo.

People complain that the battery life on this phone is less than acceptable or more eloquintly put "sucks", but the battery life can be saved if the user respects the hard work of the cpu and takes the minor steps required to setup the phone and keep the cpu from having to work so hard.

The call quality is crystal clear and the reception is equally clear ( i live in the desert, not the city, and have remarkable reception) it is verizon we're talking about, not at&t. The camera is amazing and the apps that take adavantage of the 5 mp camera are all worth downloading. All 3 keyboards on the phone are extremely easy to use regardless the size of your thumbs. And as far as durability, this phone may weigh more than you'd like, but at least you know when you drop it - its going to come away unscathed ( thank you Gorilla Glass)

Pros

• Moto Droid Pwns All

missmarch1986
posted on 03 Mar 2010, 20:10 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Jul 2008)

Droid REALLY Does!

WOW! I came from AT&T and the Iphone.  Let me tell you!  This baby puts the Iphone to shame several times over!  The operating system is beautiful!!!! The volume on the ringer/music is clear and super loud!  The touch screen responds amazingly!  The app market has awesome apps,  its comparible (if not better) then the Apple app market.  And you don't have to log in EVERYTIME you want to download something!!  Camera is ok, I don't use it often as I have a digital camera, but its pictures are decent.  The battery life on it isnt to bad,  I can get thru the day no problem with pretty heavy usage.  All in all, this phone kicks the pants out of Iphone! LONG LIVE THE DROID!

Pros

• Ease of use for texting (lip on the keyboard takes some getting used to but its worth it!)
  • Android operating system ROCKS
  • Its on Verizon, you cant lose!
  • It's not an apple device, so it actually works when its supposed too!

Cons

• No extended battery option :(
  • It doesn't walk my dog

deaner90
posted on 03 Jan 2010, 15:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Jan 2010)

Great Phone! Droid DOES everything U want it to do!

I've had the phone for about a month and its great! Each day I learn something new about the phone that it can do. The Droid DOES everything you need it to do. Pros:- Great Camera (nice lens, 5mp, and can do creative things to the pictures like on the Nikon Cool Pix Camera).- Great Multi-Tasking (You can have up to 6 apps running simultaneuously). If you are on the phone you can text message at the same time. Or play a game of connect 4 while on the speakerphone. I know for a fact that the 3G iphone cannot do that.- Google OS is fantastic. Google Maps operates sufficiently fast and the phone itself operates sufficiently fast. - Great LCD screen. Bigger and better that the Droid Eris and the Apply iPhone.- Speakers are LOUD. - All music is free from iMusic (a free app on the Google Market), unlike the iPhone which charges you for everything song thru iTunes. Also you can convert every song that you get to a ringtone for free. Try that on the iPhone.... you can't.- Apps are great. iPhone currently has a larger consumption of apps, but wait a few months and the Google App Store will overtake the iPhone App Store. (Most of the Apps are FREE!! thats a plus.) If you purchase an app thru the Google App Store and don't like the app.. you can get your money back from it. I'm not sure the iPhone app store has a money-back-guarentee. lol- The new Android 2.1 coming out...

Pros

• See review for pros.

Cons

• See review for cons.

awesomeguy69
posted on 11 Nov 2009, 12:28 (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Nov 2009)

I recently switch from AT & T to Verizon Wirelesss and this is the phone I got and currently have.  I like it sooo much more than my old iPhone 3 G, it has better network capabilities.  it has great internet, call quality, and I love the QWERTY keyboard.  To top it off, it look  amazing.  great camera, too.

Pros

Cons

• nothing!

shoe
posted on 10 Nov 2009, 21:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)

Great phone!

This is the one of the best smartphones in the market if not the best.  All I can say is the web never looked better on a smartphone!!   Droid will only will get better as Verizon will push OTA software updates.  You can bet that Verizon, Google, and Motorola will work to satisfy customers since all three have a lot invested in this multi-tasking beast.As far as Alex Stiff's (and any other alias he may have) feedback should be taken with caution as he is posting multiple reviews for this phone with similar contents, misleading users about this phone's true capabilities and overall user rating.   If you are a discerning consumer you will take all the reviews in and make an informed decision.

Pros

• Excellent display
  • Physical keyboard (great option to have when needed)
  • Apps for all you need (and more on the way)!
  • Customizable to meet your needs
  • Verizon+Google+Mot will work to resolve issues since they are supporting this phone heavily.
  • Great sound

Cons

• small learning curve, but once learned it will become 2nd nature.

Enikfox
posted on 30 May 2011, 00:35

Wonderful phone

Enikfox has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for over a year now and it has sadly been retired but still finds use in day to day activities. It is built like a tank (my sisters was stepped on by a horse, the screen had a small crack and it didn't miss a beat), with some overclocking it can still hang with the big boys ie: evo, DroidX, and galaxy S phones. The only problem I have ever seen is if you get a refurbished droid they tend to be pretty low quality so if at all possible request a new phone.

Internet 10/10 FLASH!

Pros

• Physical keyboard for those tricky websites
  • Lots of dev support
  • rugged build

Cons

• Battery (if you don't use task killer)

McGavin
posted on 21 Feb 2011, 02:58

Best ever

McGavin has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone started it all, what more can you say. It offers the most comprehensive features list of any portable device I've ever owned outside of a computer. Its downsides are few and far between. After more than a year with it I still love it. By now it's getting long in the tooth with its mere 256 MB of ram (its biggest shortfall), 512 MB rom and 600 MHz outdated processor but it can still hang. I have overclocked it which helps tremendously. The camera is not that great but it's on par compared to most phones. The screen is simply the best I have ever seen, has better contrast and color than the iPhone 4's overrated "retina" display. I get about 1 days worth of moderate to heavy use out of the battery and almost three with lite use. The thing is built like a tank as well, dropped it a couple times and nary a scratch. I have never regretted buying it. Droid Does.

Rick
posted on 02 Feb 2011, 08:45

Awesome Phone

Rick has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is a great phone. Amazing build quality, great call quality and speakers, and just overall amazing. The only things not so great are the camera, which can take either great pictures or horrible ones. Also, you need to charge it every day at least if you want to make it through the entire day. The keyboard was a big selling point of the phone, but after owning it for a while, I tend to use Swype more than it. I have rooted and overclocked to 1ghz and this phone flies! Great phone, you recommend to anyone wanting a powerful Android smartphone with a stock UI. Love it!

Pros

• Speed, Apps, Games

Cons

• Battery Life, iffy camera
  • Keyboard not great

Omega3
posted on 21 Dec 2010, 02:50

Droid POS

Omega3 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've owned the Droid less than a year and I am already on my 3rd replacement phone. Do not waste your time and money on this POS (piece of sh!t). The battery over heats causing the buttons to pop up and eventually fall off. The screen will freeze up, go black or just completely mess up all together. Droid DOES NOT!

Build quality 1/10 I am on my 3rd Droid

Pedro Martinez
posted on 28 Nov 2010, 12:27

Nice entry for DROID but cannot stack against new Android phones

Pedro Martinez has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone was great when I first got it. After time I noticed that processor in this phone just couldn't handle the Android OS. Constant freezing. Screen animations freezing and choppy. Long waits just to see messages. Failed calls, where hitting end call did not work, forcing me to turn off the phone and back on just to make the phone call again. Shuts off occasionally. Stay away from this phone.

Also I'm not sure what Motorola did to modify the OS but the screen transitions on all Motorola compared to Samsung and HTC are the slowest.

Build quality 7/10 Can withstand drops but the slider of the phone can get loose and fidgety.
Reception 8/10 Gets decent reception.
Call quality 6/10 Good sound. Mic sometimes does not work and speaker on the speaker phone is sub-par.
Internet 7/10 Android's browser is excellent but not really anything special about the Motorola Droid.
UI speed 1/10 UI speed is the absolute worst. Lot's of crashes.
Everyday usage 2/10 Getting everyday ordinary phone things done is an afterthought. Doing all the browsing and twitter seems to be bad.
Text input 4/10 Plus for having a keyboard, but a keyboard that kind of sucks loses points.

Pros

• keyboard, screen, solid build quality, good reception

Cons

• inadequate processor, Unbearably slow UI, constant freezes, overall frustration with everyday tasks

Pedro Martinez alternatives:

vanhalen11
posted on 20 Jul 2010, 13:26

cool

I have had my droid for a few moths and its great. i love everything about it. I have noticed that its realy durable. If you get one i suggest you get launcherpro plus @ launcherpro.com it makes your phone so much better. if you get this phone there is no doubt i my mind  that you will love it. Just one thing before you get one do some reaserch on the android platform first.

posted on 12 Jun 2010, 01:33

Deep Regret getting this phone

I have had this phone and was excited to get it back in March 2010. For one the battery life sucks for a brand new phone, speaker phone; I can hear the speaker, the receiver cannot hear me clearly...lots of static and the sound goes in and out. The backlight keeps going off and would not come back on to continue transactions at times.. in order for it to be operational again, I have to take the battery completely out and put it back in to restart. Lots of drop calls. Difficult to close web sites... thus cause several to run at the same time causing phone process to slow down.Best feature is the camera.

Pros

• Great Camera and apps

Cons

• Keyboard, slow process, battery life, speaker trouble, heavy

montrez rambo
posted on 16 May 2010, 09:51

great phone..

i like the phone. i recieved it when it was updated to android 2.1 so my review may be a little off. the phone has a unique design that is carlike. the phone it self has some great features like the locke sceern and camera. it is fast with a built in acelerometer and wifi. the only drawbacks from this phone is the phyisical keyboard. it is a little stiff and will leave your thumbs num. the battery life is suckish at times.

Pros

• has great tft display. great web experience. awsome camera and video capture is great. great on screen keyboard.

Cons

• bad pysical keyboard. bad batery life.

casey
posted on 04 May 2010, 15:24

love it

i love this thing once you go droid you don't go back yes the camera is bad to start but with some tinkering it takes good pictures the phone is a little confusing at first and would be good if it came with a real manual and needs flash but other than that it is amazing fast internet, unlimited apps, very durable i threw mine across the room acouple times and it still ran fine till i had a software bug and had it replaced  regardless and if your having a problem just pull the batery out with out shutting down it wont hurt it and it will almost always fix the problem all in all this is one of the most amazing phones ever droid literally does and its 100% customizable you dont even have to keep the sam operating system if you don't want and i don't understand everyones problem with the keyboard i think its fine but to each his own

Pros

• fast, customizable, physical keyboard, loud

Cons

• hard to get the hold of at first, short battery life

hitdog042
posted on 24 Apr 2010, 22:04

Phone is okay

Phone is big.  Keyboard is useless.  It's a good phone, but really for how much it weighs I don't see the benefit of this device.  I'm on my 3rd one right now.  First one camera went out, the 2nd one just stopped powering on, and my 3rd one has a loose screen (sent to me that way) so it's going back as well. Clearly they are not as "solid" as the reputation.:The OS is great.  I really wish they did not add the slide out keyboard and made a better camera.  While 5.0 mp, it really does not do that great of a job at all, and shooting video is horrid.  Very pixelated.  Overall, I would not buy this phone again.  I will buy the HTC Incredible and gladly sell the next ins replacement on ebay.

Pros

• great screen. great internet experience. As with all androids, great gmail. Google Navigation is nice to have

Cons

• size, weight, physical keyboard is terrible. Takes horrid video.

IT guy
posted on 09 Apr 2010, 03:16

device is awesome. if you have to have a rep show u the phone function put the phone down and get a flip phone.  the stuff i heard from the customers at the verizon store complaining about at the store today wow(again put the device down and get a flip phone or go to GETRO pcs).  at least they look professional, no matching lame polos.  Im so glad i got rid of my iphone, i can make calls everywhere in socal.  blazing internet, multitask, free turn by turn nav.thousands of apps... awesome device.att can say whatever they want in the luke wilson commercials, the truth is ive had the phone since january, dropped.... o ya 0 flippen calls.  thats about 20 less per month with att.o ya to all u technologically inept out there, if you want to try the phone give it a couple weeks to get use to.  watched a so called business professional try to return one today after one day of use, because he could not figure out his email.  which being in IT i fixed for him while the rep went to ask a tech for help.  dumb

Pros

• verizon network
  • google multitask
  • not apple
  • free nav
  • great camera

Cons

• none yet