x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Motorola DROID RAZR Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Droid Razr or Nexus Prime

eaphx 18 Oct 2011, 11:38 posted on 1

I really want the nexus prime, but the screen size is ridiculous 4.65. The razr is awesome 4.3. Now LTE is a must for me. Both 1.2ghz OMAP in razr as well.
So long story short can someone tell me the benefits of either or?

I've never owned a nexus but i know as a root user it has a lot of benefits.
But this razr is looking awesome with its screen size i dont think i have 4.65" pockets...

posted on 18 Oct 2011, 14:27

1. dakim (Posts: 5; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)

im stuck between the two phones as well for my next phone
we'll have to wait a few more hours for the official word about the prime
here's what i've found so far with razr vs primes rumored specs
the razr is thinner, being .28" vs the primes .35"
prime has bigger battery than the razr's 1800mAh but we will have to see the battery life specs.
prime has ti omap 4460. razr has ti omap 4430 (but both could be clocked at 1.2ghz)
razr didnt mention anything about nfc. prime i think will have nfc
prime comes with icecream sandwich, razr didnt say anything about it
razr could possibly be a world phone with gsm radio available! (which is a big plus for me)

but all this is comparing the official razr specs to the rumored galaxy nexus aka nexus primes specs...
oh..its 4.65" display only because its longer. prime uses the screen for the 'androids home, back, menu, and search button'
the razr is also waterproof! i think..

posted on 24 Oct 2011, 08:35

2. mattstermind (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)

the razr will be way more durable

posted on 16 Dec 2011, 05:28

3. Ian3005 (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)

I saw the Samsung Prime Nexus today and although it looks good the benefits of the Motorola Razr lure me.
Was told that the`Razr with Ice Cream software will be available in January 12.
The Razr can be plugged into a docking station and a keyboard and screen can be attached so it can be used like a notebook. There is also a self contained docking station complete with keyboard and screen. This is not possible with the Samsung (Yet).
I need something that will make me completely mobile and it looks like the Motorola will fit the bill.
Need to research more and see what end`users are saying about the Motorola.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy Accessories

Latest stories