Motorola DROID RAZR HD User Reviews

Reception9.8/10
Build quality9.7/10
Everyday usage9.8/10

ramjet4
posted on 13 Dec 2013, 21:27 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Dec 2013)

Got this phone on Amazon for 1 penny.....great buy!!!!!!

ramjet4 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Amazing phone,solid build and feel. Great size screen, feels good in my hand,or in my pocket. Clear calls,sending and receiving. Camera could use a bit of help, but I have a Canon for that.....over all, A+++++.....

Pros

• Solid!!!

Dro
posted on 21 Feb 2013, 12:44 (Posts: 27; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)

Great under rated phone.

Dro has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've been a Motorola fan from since day one but I tend to be unbiased when giving my opinion on tech. To make a long story short, this phone is an overall amazing phone. I've always found Motorola to have the best build quality among all the major oems. Their designs have gone more downhill than uphill in the past few years but if you're looking for a strong phone to stand up to the elements, this phone is not a bad choice. The kevlar backing goes a long way to make this device stand out in terms of durability. Coming from an Atrix 4G, this phone is far superior in terms of build quality, and I've had the Atrix for a long time and it did survive a lot of drops. If you're looking for the best camera on a phone, this won't be the phone to get, but its more than sufficient to satisfy the needs of the average person when it comes to picture quality. I'm now running Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and I'm hoping Motorola updates it to 4.2.2 but I'm holding my breath on that. When deciding what phone to replace my Atrix 4g with, my major concern was battery life, and really, I was left with only two options because I'm yet to find a phone out there with amazing battery life compared to the Razr HD & HD Maxx. The Maxx version was a bit out of my league price wise so I went for the HD, and I'm totally happy with my purchase. I'm now seeing new phones with even better specs being released but I'm still happy with my phone because the battery of this phone is still bigger than the likes of the...

Pros

• Battery, Speed, Screen, Software

Arishok
posted on 10 Dec 2012, 12:49 (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)

Noticeable Changes

Arishok has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

***Upgraded to Jelly Bean 12.9.12***
This was too serve as an upgrade from my HTC Incredible 2. Right off the bat, the battery was a welcomed change. I've gone from having to charge my phone multiples throughout the day (w/ Inc2) to just once over night w/ the Razr HD. Speaker quality is very good. The phone itself feels very strong and sturdy to the point I (almost) wouldn't care if it was accidentally dropped. Reception and call quality remains exceptional as usual w/ Verizon (though I hate to admit it). I only wish 3 aspects were better: accessing the SD card, the camera and music player choices. Getting to the SD card requires a little tool that also removes the SIM card simultaneously. When trying to access the SD card while connected to a PC (since Jelly Bean update), I'm forced to download Motorola's device manager software (that I don't want) before having the drive accessible. Play Music isn't bad it's not necessarily something I would've voluntarily downloaded either so I ended up downloading ProAmp instead. As for the camera, the back camera leaves a little to be desired. Videos or pictures taken in dark areas don't come out too well (even w/ the flash light on), something that was not a problem w/ the Inc2. However, the front-facing camera seems to work pretty well. Overall, I'm very satisfied and would highly recommend to others.

Build quality 10/10 Strong and durable. I have case on it but I would feel comfortable using it/carrying it w/o one.
Reception 10/10 No problems thus far. Always have a signal, mostly 4G LTE.
Multimedia 9/10 It appears Play Music is to serve as the default music player, which carries its own pros and cons.
Camera 7/10 At the moment, this is the only drawback to me - somewhat. Coming from HTC the Incredible 2, the Razr's front-facing camera seems to be a bit better. However, I seemed to get better pics and vids from the back camera w/ the Inc2. Razr is okay in well-lit areas but struggles otherwise.
UI speed 10/10 Smooth and responsive
Everyday usage 10/10 I can do pretty anything I desire - no restrictions.
Text input 10/10 Much better than my previous phones (BB8530 and Inc2). Also, the word predictor give more options.
Display 10/10 Bright. Sharp. Easy to read websites, books, etc. Videos look great.
Battery 10/10 Too bad I can't rate it w/ a 20 because I would. The battery was major determining factor in getting this phone. I had a BB that would last all day but when I got the Inc2, I found myself having to constantly charge it throughout the day which meant keeping a charger at work, at home, and in the car. With this phone, I can charge it at home, maintain my normal use and still have 20-40% battery life when I return home - no additional charging in car or at work.

• Strong build
  • Great reception/call quality
  • Quality speakers

• Accessing SD card

smh12088
posted on 15 Nov 2012, 22:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)

smh12088 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've had the phone a few days shy of a month, and it's great. Battery is awesome, it can be a little "buggy" at times, and the camera is not "the best," but it's also not bad. From that last phone I had to now this,

Build quality 8/10 Great feel to it, nice and sturdy, but just a little too big and it makes it uncomfortable to hold sometimes. Have not dropped it yet, not even on carpet... *knock on wood*
Reception 10/10 I've had 1 dropped call but it was before it even connected to call. It happens.
Call quality 9/10 Its decent, nothing super special.
Internet 9/10 Chrome is good and efficient, but not as fast as it could be.
Multimedia 8/10 I chose 8 because the music player is "eh" I'm looking into another option from the play store. Speaker quality is what really gets most of the score. Speaker is great. Videos are also great as well.
Camera 7/10 Main camera is "okay," t Front face camera could be better on a "newer end" phone, that's why it gets a 7
UI speed 6/10 UI Speed is good; however, it can be buggy at times. We will have to see what the future holds with 4.1 "coming soon."
Everyday usage 10/10 Everyday usage is great! Alarm clock is simple, lock screen widgets are great help and a nice add.I wish the phone book was in all in one, it's a little goofy to get use too, but nothing to whine about.
Text input 5/10 It's very hard for me to rate this as I've ALWAYS used phones with a full QWERTY and this is my first all touch phone. once again, the phone is fairly large and hurts my hands some time when typing vertically, and horizontally. But that's just me.
Display 10/10 Display is great, I wish there was more options to how dark the screen can get. Phone is easily view able in the sun.
Battery 10/10 I LOVE, this battery. Im a very heavy user; facebook, instagram, pandora, google search, nintendo roms for hours at a time and this thing is a BEAST. Probably the main reason I bought from the newest motorola line, .

Pros

Cons

• Cons are minimal

BeldingsTechGuy
posted on 21 Oct 2012, 20:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)

Blew My Mind!!!

BeldingsTechGuy has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is worth the money! Nice HD picture, fast internet speed and amazing battery for 4G! I'm using it right now to make this review! I love this phone and it easy to work!
I hope you get one! (P.S. better than iPhone 5)

Pros

• Fast
  • HD Screen Outtanding
  • Good Battery Life

thompcd
posted on 18 Oct 2012, 23:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)

Quality!

thompcd has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

To be technical, I actually am a phone salesman, as of right now, I do not own the phone (a different story a week from now). But having no reviews, I decided to take it upon myself.
The phone is a bit bulkier than the original razr, the razr hd is comparably a middle-ground between the original droid razr and droid razr maxx in form factor. It has a BEAUTIFUL screen, some say not as good as the qHD on the Atrix HD, I disagree highly. Samsung's Super AMOLED did the trick, it's gorgeous. In your hand, it's a bit heavy, much heavier than the original.
A very noticeable bezel change occurred, Motorola made the decision that the rugged phone, between its beautiful kevlar back and Corning Gorilla Glass front, it deserved an aluminum bezel. Without a doubt, Motorola was attempting to steal some style from the iPhone with this (including the SIM dock, it has been replaced in the HD with a metal tray in the aluminum tray, much like the iPhone).
Battery life seemed to be quite steady for the original, I can't imagine what the Maxx will be like. I used it on LTE for 8 hours, had it at 100% charge to begin, I ran GPS, bluetooth, NFC, with constant refreshes on all accounts (Gmail, FB, Tapatalk, LinkedIn, Pageonce, GroupMe, Spotify). After 8 hours of use with heavy browsing, about 10 minutes of youtube and 35 minutes of phone call, the battery still had THIRTY-FIVE PERCENT BATTERY. Are you kidding me!?? That is CRAZZZZYYYYY! That's not rooted, no settings customized, no smart-actions, no...

• Build quality