x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Motorola DROID BIONIC Etna Discussions
  • Options
    Close

wifi

androidphonegeek (unregistered) 04 Feb 2011, 00:53 posted on

you know with android phones you can make a call and be on the internet at the same time if wifi is on

posted on 20 Feb 2011, 07:49

1. AGWednesday (unregistered)

androidphonegeek, that's not the way it works. There are many Android phones that can make a call and be on the internet at the same time. The limitation isn't based on an OS. It's Verizon that doesn't have the support.

The Atrix 4G, for example, will be allow users to make calls and be on the internet at the same time.

posted on 20 Feb 2011, 07:53

2. AGWednesday (unregistered)

Sorry. Let me be clear. The Atrix 4G and other Android phones not on the Verizon network will allow users to make calls and use 3G/4G at the same time. androidphonegeek is right that Verizon Android phones allow phone calls and Wi-Fi internet at the same time, but not phone calls and 3G.

Again, no Verizon phone can make a call and surf 3G at the same time. The Verizon iPhone can't. The OS doesn't matter.

posted on 22 Feb 2011, 11:31

3. vzwinsider12 (unregistered)

Yes, all smart phone can make a call and get on wifi at the same time, however, with LTE, while in a 4G area, simultaneous voice and data will be possible. Also, with the launch of the HTC Thunderbolt, simultaneous voice and data will be possible on 3G as well.

posted on 30 Mar 2011, 14:33

4. thursday140 (unregistered)

However can the droid bionic be on the internet and on the phone at the same time on the verizon network.

posted on 02 Apr 2011, 10:40

7. What is my Name? (unregistered)

Yes if the phone is on the LTE network you can.

posted on 30 Mar 2011, 20:45

5. bob (unregistered)

does anyone know it the bionic (being a 4 G phone) will work in 3G coverage areas also?
I travel a lot, especially into areas that dont have 4G coverage, will I still have a data connect?
thanks

posted on 31 Mar 2011, 22:30

6. noami (unregistered)

Yes. If your device is 4g you can use 3g coverage but if your device is 3g you can not get 4g.

posted on 16 Oct 2011, 18:37

8. Jim (unregistered)

I have tried the phone and internet in both 4G and WIFI on my verizon bionic. The browser flashes black and will NOT connect. Other apps work without dropping calls but neither the preinstalled or dolphin browser work while making a call.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories