x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Motorola DROID 3 Discussions
  • Options
    Close

qHD Display?

ahtin 19 Jul 2011, 16:13 posted on

Is it just me or where is something wrong with the display? The color on my D3 is pretty bad. I tried to load Angry Bird and compared the same game with my wife's Droid Incredible and the color seems "washed out". I took it to the Verizon Store and tried to load the Google Map and compare to the other device, the Incredible 2 has sharper color on the display. When i compared the map with the D3 and DX2, they are exactly the same.

What's wrong with the display??? Are they going to do anything about it??

posted on 25 Jul 2011, 17:41

1. lakeman (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)

The Droid Incredible by HTC has a different type of screen making the colors look more vivid and bright. There is nothing wrong with your screen, it is just that it is a different type. The HTC screen has an amoled display and it is a higher concentration of pixeles compared to the regular led screen on the Droid X2 making it look much brighter and saturated. Although I believe the pixels are more concentrated on the Droid 3 with this qHD display, it still is not that special type of led screen that the HTC uses making it looks somewhat less bright and saturated in color. The qHD just means there is a really high concentration of pixels much like the "retna display" Apple has on the iPhone. I believe the screen differences are a personal preference because I have read reviews complaining about the bright colors on the HTC saying it looks quite "unnatural." It is all a game of what you are used to, and what you prefer in a screen.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy Accessories

Latest stories