x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Motorola DROID 3 Discussions
  • Options
    Close

What are the upgrades???

Tottenham 13 Apr 2011, 12:46 posted on

I know the provided specs are incomplete, but from what is listed on PA the Droid 3 is really no different from the Droid 2, which was really no different from the original Droid. I don't expect it to be dual core, but an LTE capable world phone (a la D2 Global) with a front facing camera is expected. Otherwise, VZW is just releasing an old phone with a new name.

posted on 03 May 2011, 18:28

1. Chaz D (unregistered)

It definitely WILL release with a dual-core processor. At this point, it would be crazy to do otherwise. It is also rumored that this will launch with stock android 2.4 and that it may be the Ice Cream launch device

posted on 05 May 2011, 05:23

2. Jared I (unregistered)

http://phandroid.com/2011/04/28/motorola-droid-3-s creen-assembly-arrives-at-reseller-reps-front-faci ng-camera/

Front facing Camera, 4" screen, and other reports say it has a dual core processor. Its in Bestbuys systems already supposedly.

http://gadgetemotion.com/motorola-droid-3-and-droi d-x2-appear-in-best-buy-computers/

If it has all that, I found my next phone provided the battery is good too. I have the original droid and this takes care of everything I would want to upgrade about it. The weight has never been a problem for me, since I remember old cell phones.

posted on 17 May 2011, 21:45

3. maleAnon (unregistered)

I don't understand why it would have both 4g and dual core with such a late release date. A slider phone with dual core and 4g would be a major release for verizon. If it doesn't have 4g but has dual core, I will likely get it. If it has neither, I will likely go to at&t because there phones are always light years ahead of verizon.

posted on 07 Jul 2011, 14:29

4. Jesse C (unregistered)

FYI it DOES NOT RELEASE with ice cream, it releases with gingerbread, however it is going to be able to run ice cream from what I was told, and ice cream will be available as an update apparently.

posted on 07 Jul 2011, 14:30

5. Jesse C (unregistered)

P.S. it also is 1ghz dual core but does not have front facing camera or 4g it is 3g only.

posted on 07 Jul 2011, 14:32

6. Jesse C (unregistered)

My bad i posted to quickly i didnt notice i messed up, IT DOES HAVE FRONT FACING CAM.

posted on 11 Jul 2011, 17:11

7. R2D2 (unregistered)

Troll 1: "...really no different from the original Droid. I don't expect it to be dual core." What rock have you been under?

Troll 2: "I will likely go to at&t because there phones are always light years ahead of verizon." Yeah, that's why when Moto introduced the original Droid it was an instant "I want" and resulted in a huge push for Google Android OS.

posted on 16 Jul 2011, 12:03

8. krysis (Posts: 76; Member since: 14 Dec 2009)

r2d2, you do know the original post was from april, when the info was preliminary, right? no reason to attack him like that.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy Accessories

Latest stories