x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Motorola CITRUS Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Why downgrade

Zorin 07 Oct 2010, 14:15 posted on

Unless the monthly service is cut in half, why would you get this phone? Processor is shite, and there are other models that trump it. If it was 10 a month or 15, that's one thing...but it will be the 30 a month. Maybe that will change if VZW offers lower data plan options.

posted on 28 Oct 2010, 14:22

1. Roundel (unregistered)

Mostly because it seems this phone will probably sell for less than $100 after rebate. Its selling feature is that its entry level. A big thing for many people I know coming from feature phones is that the price for the device itself is too much. $199 is alot of money for a droid X or 2. These people will also barely use half of the phones acutal abilities. Its like telling someone that uses a computer for email and web browsing to go buy a $2000 Alienware. People want the smart phone experience of being able to use the web... but thats it. And there will be a $15 plan if you have been paying attention.

posted on 06 Nov 2010, 09:52 1

2. guest2001619 (unregistered)

why downgrade? Dont do your research and get a better phone. My wife got the samsung fascinate for free at best buy a couple of fridays ago and the next friday the htc incredible was for free at best buy.

posted on 25 Nov 2010, 21:52

3. Boti95 (Posts: 162; Member since: 05 Sep 2010)

Well, there are a number of different reasons! They form-factor, Touchscreen, Capabilities, its Eco-freindly (Unless if you want to be a pollutant and buy other phones), the camera, and its really cheap and its pre-paid!

posted on 26 Dec 2010, 20:04

4. iamrobertkrogh (Posts: 31; Member since: 02 Apr 2010)

I don't know why this phone is doing better than the Kins Microsoft made earlier in the year. Both are cheaply-made, slow as hell, and require $30 of internet. "This phone is great for kids," I hear a lot of people say. Well who in their right mind is paying $30 extra a month for their 14-year-old to have full unmonitored internet access?? This phone needs to crawl back out of the hole it came from

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories