Motorola ATRIX 2 User Reviews

Display8.8/10
Build quality9.2/10
Text input8.6/10

abrambk
posted on 29 Oct 2014, 11:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Oct 2014)

Not bad

abrambk has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Was a solid phone, bang for the buck till everything started changing too fast around it and it could not keep up with the apps anymore. Another version update in Android would have helped. Motorola stopped support for this with ICS which was in rather bad taste!

Build quality 10/10 Brilliantly built phone. When it falls it basically bounces off the floor with not a scratch on it!
Multimedia 9/10 Always handled videos without any issues.
Camera 6/10 8MP only in rating. Poor camera. Can get passable shots in good conditions though.
UI speed 6/10 The ICS update induced lags in the UI. I still rate it for being one of the nicest looking with animations that are not out of place or displeasing even after two years.
Battery 6/10 Battery was normal for a day's use till it started deteriorating after a year and a half of use.

greatwurm
posted on 12 Nov 2013, 14:32 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)

Great Phone!

greatwurm has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It was a Great phone! never had a problem with it. It was fast, nice qhd screen and pretty good camera. wouldn't mind having it again if I had to! Motorola makes strong phones. You wouldn't be disappointed with it!

Build quality 10/10 It had a nice tough strong body!
Reception 10/10 Motorolas are known for great reception.
Call quality 9/10 Not bad by any means, but not the best.
Internet 10/10 Nice and smooth.
Multimedia 10/10 It has a great multimedia set up. can even watch movies while in a phone call with headphones.
Camera 8/10 Not horrible, but not perfect.
UI speed 9/10 one of the fastest in its day. Now people would say its slow with a 2,000 benchmark test score. but that is by no means slow. smooth as butter.
Everyday usage 10/10 Perfect for average use.
Display 8/10 Nice QHD screen.
Battery 10/10 I went all day pretty much with average use.

1021home
posted on 17 Nov 2012, 07:35 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)

Very good phone impressive.

1021home has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Motorola is on the edge with this phone I know it is not made now. I wish they were more in the market place. I watch HTC and Moto, Sam for the most up to date phones. This is a very impressive phone for your $.

Reception 9/10 Great I have only lost a few calls when in store's.
Camera 10/10 8 MP before anyone else

Pros

• Bettery, size is great for everyday use, software from noto is A+, ease of operation.

Cons

• Front camera is ok to use but sure with it was a 2MP.

techsavvy.jaz
posted on 28 May 2012, 06:46 (Posts: 108; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)

Love it

techsavvy.jaz has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Very capable dual-core mobile, lag free experience, not-blur-anymore interface which is quite good and practical. Excellent display for a LCD unit, decent enough battery backup. you can read my complete review here techsavvyjaz.blogspot.com

Build quality 9/10 one star less for the buttons experience
Reception 9/10 rare connectivity issues, when browsing, after update seems to have minimised it but it exist.
Multimedia 9/10 -1 for occasional Gallery force close
Camera 7/10 takes too much time to focus, single stage shutter. not so good photo quality
Battery 9/10 decent enough battery backup for a dual core mobile. but would love to have that 3300mAh battery on this thing,

Pros

• very good display
  • Very good for day to day usage
  • very capable multimedia device
  • lag free user interface

Cons

• occasional force closing gallery app
  • device hangs when connected to laptop

Carlitos
posted on 23 Apr 2012, 21:56 (Posts: 337; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)

Awesome phone

Carlitos has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I lost my OG Atrix and it was the best phone i ever had. When i got a replacement phone i recieved the Atrix 2. At first i was dissapointed because it has a lower memory and the fingerprint scanner is gone. But, turns out i wasnt gonna use all that memory. The phone is fast. 'i notice very little lag. The display is also a huge improvement over the OG Atrix (eve though i used to think it was a big deal. And speeds are super fast, i've gotten speeds as high as 16mbps.

Reception 10/10 Feels great in the hand, fits perfectly even though it has a 4.3 inch display. And nice back texture.

• Super fast performance
  • Great 4g speeds
  • Pretty sexy design.

Cons

• Miss the fingeprint scanner

radiusvector
posted on 18 Apr 2012, 09:07 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Jan 2011)

Excellent Phone at a great price point

radiusvector has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Solid phone with top-shelf specifications for an excellent price. The camera can give iffy quality at times and the styling is a little generic, but for those looking for a good workhorse phone and is on a budget, this is the best choice.

Build quality 10/10 Solidly constructed, excellent bezelled glass front.
Reception 8/10 Reasonable reception regardless of location.
Call quality 9/10 Excellent call quality, some cut-outs on occasion.
Internet 10/10 fantastic responsiveness and solid connections.
Multimedia 8/10 okay media options, though I use 3rd party apps mostly for multimedia playback.
Camera 8/10 Good camera, though it could be better for being an 8MP monster. Good 1080p video recording.
UI speed 10/10 UI rarely hiccups, if ever. Fast, slick, and effective.
Everyday usage 10/10 Always able to complete whatever task I need done, when I need it done.
Text input 10/10 easy to type, regardless of keyboard type.
Display 9/10 Great in most environments, sometimes hard to see in sunlight.
Battery 9/10 Used to be bad, latest update seems to have improved efficiency, at least for me. Now normal/heavy usage will still net nearly two days.

Pros

• Dual-Core Processor
  • Large Display
  • Hi-Res Display
  • Minimal bloatware
  • Great Price Point

Cons

• Iffy camera
  • Somewhat generic styling

radiusvector alternatives:

MotoBlurryEyed
posted on 21 Mar 2012, 13:10 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)

BEWARE - NO WARRANTY

MotoBlurryEyed has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

BEWARE! There is really NO WARRANTY on this phone: The Motorola warranty does not cover "physical damage" and Motorola defines even scratches on the phone as "physical damage" and as "evidence" of "trauma." (!) They then use this "physical damage" as an excuse to void the warranty and NOT to repair the real problem, which is that the WiFi suddenly stops working after a few months. (Just Google "Atrix WiFi will not turn on. Error" to find hundreds of complaints about this same problem.)

Build quality 2/10 WiFi will not turn on is a KNOWN PROBLEM which Motorola has no fix for
Call quality 4/10 WiFi breaks down and will not turn on.
Everyday usage 2/10 Without WiFi - not very usable
Display 2/10 Screen breaks easily
Battery 2/10 short battery life

Pros

• good phone - while it works!

Cons

• FRAUDULANT "WARRANTY"

MACKSnare519
posted on 03 Feb 2012, 23:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)

Great device!

MACKSnare519 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Great screen, very fluent and powerful device.

This being my first Android, this phone has ignited my love for the OS. My last few smartphones were BlackBerry's.

There are somethings that I don't particularly care for, for example the music/video player. And I don't like the picture app that Motorola has put on the phone over the OS. But overall, these are nitpicks. Haven't experienced any gitches thus far.

Pros

• Great display
  • Fast, fluent experience
  • Solid Build quality

Cons

• Default music/video player and pictures folder

nikenik2069
posted on 08 Dec 2011, 16:28 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)

Motorola Atrix

nikenik2069 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I went from the Backflip to this phone, and its amazing! Swype is very useful and i love all the apps and the capacity. The forward facing camera is awesome for video calling. The screen is awesome. Responds well. Sometimes the volume for notifications and such is hard to control.

Pros

• Awesome screen

Cons

• Short battery life if you have or use very many apps.

pwikgrimm
posted on 05 Dec 2011, 17:35 (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)

Motorola unable to fulfill promises

pwikgrimm has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Have had my Atrix 2 for a couple of weeks and really like the phone. Unfortunately, the reason I bought it was that I could get a lapdock to extend it. Was really excited! Motorola has COMPLETELY screwed me over on my order with no resolution in sight after almost three weeks. I really caution anyone about buying this from Motorola. Try a different product from a different provider.

Build quality 10/10 Seems solid
Text input 2/10 Horrible
Display 10/10 Sharp
Battery 5/10 Too short

ledbetterp3
posted on 01 Dec 2011, 22:31 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)

Love it, I'd prefer the RAZR, but I'm on at&t :-P

ledbetterp3 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Pretty much my whole review is written below, but lets see, I got my phone about 2 weeks ago, I didn't have the reception the first week due to sim card issues, but it works fine now, I rooted my phone awhile ago, which I think caused some issues, I use my phone for calling, texting, music, internet, and games, and showing off to my friends. It has a nice display, a nice looking UI to me, nice widgets such as quick contacts, and most Motorola widgets are resizable. some people don't like Motorola's UI, but I do. Uh, that's all I have to say...

Build quality 10/10 Just a solid phone to me, and I really like the textured backing.
Reception 10/10 Great reception where I am, I sometimes have 5 bars right in my room, and averaged 11 mbps! and I cant remember upload speeds, but about 3mbps or more? But that's great to have right in your room... Also, I never dropped a call or hit a dead zone.
Call quality 10/10 It's good, I never asked anyone how I sound on the other line, but that could depend on their phone too, but my phone sounds great, I can hear voices clear.
Internet 10/10 Internet as in? I get good 4g speeds as I said, if you mean the browser, it could be better(ICS) but a 10 for now since it's not even out yet.
Multimedia 10/10 Love the speaker, it's nice and loud, I compared it to friends phones: inspire 4g, Infuse, Focus, and lg thrill, it beat all of them, except I think it was the lg thrill which I couldn't tell the difference, and I like the media player on here, I think it's organized, and nice looking.
Camera 9/10 I'd give the camera an 8.5, it's good, I heard a lot of camera's are better but since it's the best camera ive had and i'm not a photographer or anyhting, and 8.5 is fair. Oh and does lose a lot of detail in low light conditions like most cameras, and video recording seems good, havent used it much.
UI speed 9/10 It's fast, not the fastest, but fast enough, I noticed the slightest lag every once in awhile when I first get out of a game and start flipping the home screens, doesn't bother me though.
Everyday usage 8/10 8.5, It's great, but I'm having a few problems, such as gps, it's not accurate at all, it says i'm like 2 blocks over when i'm in my house, and I had 2 applications gone missing, deleted themselves or something, and sometimes applications crash, but this all may be because I rooted my phone, and I mess with applications a lot, because none of this happened before, except the gps I think I noticed before I rooted my phone.
Text input 9/10 I like the keyboard, it's good, plus I have a decently large screen, but I have sort of big fingers. I'd have to say, no virtual keyboard satisfies me though, so It's better than any other keyboard ive used.
Display 9/10 I love it, it could be better, with 720p coming out and stuff, but it's clear enough, I'd zoom in web pages no matter what, and pictures look great, I love the picture on here, only it had the RAZR's samoled advanced display, amoled is the only thing I can think of that would make it better.
Battery 9/10 it's good, I use it a lot, full brightness, and by the end of the day it's usually at 20-30%

Pros

• Good battery life compared to most phones
  • Fast 4g data
  • Good call quality
  • loud speaker
  • Beautiful display
  • fast UI
  • Passable camera for the average person
  • Good build quality
  • I like Motorola's UI
  • Responsive phone overall

Cons

• Gps inaccurate
  • Anything can be better =)

ledbetterp3 alternatives:

xconnorweydeck
posted on 01 Nov 2011, 14:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)

Connor

xconnorweydeck has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I really loved this phone. Good display, long battery life and 8mp camera. I had the phone for a week when one morning I woke up and it had a question mark on the battery saying 'please insert battery.' The phone was telling me that the battery was put in the wrong way, which it wasn't. Then the battery all of sudden died. I really really wanted to like the phone, but after experiencing with it, i didn't want it anymore. I was really disappointed. The phone would also randomly lock the screen when i was texting which was a bit of annoying. Overall, good phone, the glitches just need to be fixed. i don't know if I just got a bad phone or what. I took it back and got an iPhone 4 instead.

Build quality 10/10 durable
Reception 10/10 good reception
Call quality 10/10 good quality
Internet 10/10 fast
Multimedia 10/10 good
Camera 6/10 it didn't seem like it was 8mp. kind of fuzzy.
Battery 2/10 good battery, bad glitch.

• Glitches