x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Microsoft KIN ONE Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Data plan?

Danaaaa (unregistered) 20 Nov 2010, 12:13 posted on

How much can you actually do with a kin one without a data plan? It's a feature phone so you don't need a data plan, but are all the social networking options still available? How much is internet without the data plan? It offers a lot, but if you don't have a data plan how much of those features can u actually utilize?

posted on 20 Nov 2010, 13:33

1. Steve (unregistered)

Danaaaa, you should be able to utilize all of the features wherever there is wifi. However, if there is no wifi, you have no social networking or other data capabilities without a data plan or paying by the megabyte. Without a data plan, data is currently $1.99 per megabyte, which is pretty steep.

posted on 20 Nov 2010, 14:08

2. derek (Posts: 14; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)

they eliminated the loop so there is no need for the data unless you use it on the go, you can still use the browser, social networking, and almost everything whenever you use wifi, verizon modified these phones so that they are much more funtional without the data, hence the new m next to the name. i just got one a week ago, and it still works great

posted on 10 Jul 2011, 16:39

3. nana (unregistered)

I am thinking about getting this phone does it have games

posted on 02 Aug 2011, 20:51

4. eli (unregistered)

the kin one does not come with games

posted on 07 Aug 2011, 19:45

5. kindall (unregistered)

i am thinking about buying this phone. does it require internet to work?
and if i use the wifi will it charge me since i don't have a data plan?

posted on 20 Aug 2011, 11:27

6. Mayo (unregistered)

sooo as long as I have wi-fi, i can still use all of the features like facebook, even if I don't have a data plan?

posted on 20 Aug 2011, 20:50

7. drew (unregistered)

thanks i needed to know if this phone required a data plan or not, glad to know it dont!

posted on 13 Sep 2011, 08:21

8. zinj (unregistered)

So if the Kin One (not the m) does not actually require a data plan, can you disable the loop so it's not automatically trying to update feeds and status and incurring data charges?

posted on 21 Sep 2011, 09:50

9. steph (unregistered)

Do you think it will still be in stores next year?? I really have fallen for this phone, and am looking for the type of phone that is touch screen, but without the need of a $30 Data Plan like all these smart phones need.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories