Lenovo IdeaTab A1000 User Reviews

vidyadhara
posted on 15 Sep 2013, 14:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)

nightmare lenovo a1000g

vidyadhara has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This tablet is a nightmare.
I had a friend order one for me. I came from some third party vendor through flipkart. It came with a no return policy. I did not bother one bit. I had bought it for keeps really. I thought what ever problems it could have would be minor.

but wait. 2 days after I bought it, it goes of into a self test mode. And then fails a series of tests and stays put with a character screen for ever.

You cannot turn off this blasted piece of trash.

You just have to let the battery drain for the next 8 to 16 hours. Apparently then you can recharge it and use it.
I ran in panic to the service center in Hyderabad - Ameerpet with this thing. There is an aged couple sitting right in front of me with exactly the same problems. And there is an engineer helping them with the issue. But they put me through the same rigmarole for 3 hours before they diagnosed it as a faulty battery (same as the other case). And kept it for 2 weeks.

I cannot reach these angels on the phone. for 5 working days straight (with several holidays in between) I tried their landline. It connects, and a beautiful voice from heaven on the IVR tells me I am a very valuable customer etc and I have to wait for service. Several minutes later it goes off into a forbidding vacuous silence.

I am able to get to the lenovo call center. The gentleman on that call center also tried the service center for some time. And then advised me that the service center is not receiving calls and the only way for me...

Build quality 7/10 no serious complaints. Nothing spectacular either.
Reception 1/10 did not try out this feature yet
Call quality 1/10 did not try this feature yet
Internet 1/10 wifi working fairly good.
Multimedia 1/10 did not get to test this yet.
Camera 1/10 abysmal
UI speed 1/10 quite nice while it works.
Everyday usage 1/10 reasonable when the damned thing works.
Text input 1/10 reasonable while it works.
Display 1/10 crude looking but passable.
Battery 1/10 seems to be making my machine crash every now and then.

Pros

Cons

• I have to set the individual ratings low to show how poor this thing is.
  • the ratings on the individual factors can be better around 5 - 7 but the reliability is terrible on the over all.