LG enV2 User Reviews

rwc
posted on 05 May 2008, 15:12

IT'S A HIT !

The enV2 is top notch.
The phone looks better in real life than in photos. It also has a feel to it that makes you think it is much more spendy than it really is. It has high quality weight to it.
The maroon with the black looks very stylish.
The sound quality on calls is crystal clear and the volume is very good-even with it speakers closed.
Customizing the phone is easy and VZ tech support is helpful-use them.
The only con I have is the outside display is small, but it does not take long to get used to it. Besides most of the cool stuff is inside and that is why you buy this phone in the first place.-Good Job -LG

habman
posted on 05 May 2008, 14:17

I took the unusual jump from the 700w to this. I mainly used my treo for the calendar and since this has a basic one, with a QWERTY keyboard, I thought it would work. And, I was right. I love this phone. The only things I've had issue with is my bluetooth. I occasionally get a clicking noise and I had an echo issue yesterday during one of my calls (the latter possibly being a location issue). This phone is way smaller and lighter than the treo and I love it.

yerty
posted on 03 May 2008, 14:10

Great!!

Pro...

-The inside screen is quite large, flanked by speakers.
-inside and outside keypads are logical and function well.
-great camera resolution

-No flash for camera
-external display!!!

posted on 03 May 2008, 03:53

Free from the V

I just finally upgraded from my V of the past two years and this fixes a lot of the problems I had with the V. The size is great, still have my QWERTY keyboard, external keys are a lot better, internal keys beat the enV and Alias. Also, with my $50 dollar discount, this came in at $79.99, price of an enV. I can understand the problem with the smaller external and internal screen but it does not bother me at all. Great phone but can't wait to check out the Glyde as well.

Rev A
posted on 02 May 2008, 21:49

enV^2 is Better than enV

As a carrier of the Orange enV for about a year, I have totally loved the phone, reception and battery life for a fully featured phone is delicious. The enV2 takes what enV did well and makes it better, this time opting for a smaller design which makes it feel less like a brick. Sure I can see the Calculator allusions, but it is a solid feeling device with great features, and well worth the 129 after mail in rebate.

polo
posted on 02 May 2008, 20:04

great phone

This phone is pretty sweet even with the small screen its still sweet. i wish i could do some more with that outside screen but yeah. i get better signal strength with this phone compared to my old one. and sound quality is pretty good also. features are eh same as others with some ups but i wish it had a flash this is definitely one of my favorite phones.

jakedasnake
posted on 02 May 2008, 15:52

haha... Avery... get off of boost mobile!! Anyways, this phone is awesome... I'm a text message DIVO so I just HAD to get this phone... Sound quality is AMAZING!! Signal strength?? All I have to say is HOLLA!!! Yes it's here, it's sheer, get use to it!!! The EnV2 ROCKS!!!

Craig
posted on 02 May 2008, 15:12

Great phone but looks like a calculator
Cons: external display - too small and very limited functionality (also not the clearest of screen) - don't like that there isn't a left and right button. vibrate needs to be more intense - no flash on camera

Pros: - Excellent Sound, Much more compact that Env - internal screen is very clear Get an Micro SD card and a usb Sd reader and put all your music on your phone - no camera hump - doesn't look like any other phone on the mkt - overall decent phone for the 2 year contract price

Just hope this doesn't become the standard verizon phone for the 10-16 age group like the first enV

Daniel
posted on 01 May 2008, 23:26

Well worth it

I love this phone I have had it for 2 weeks now and I have been waiting this whole time to review it. This a great phone overall mainly since its so small and it has a qwerty keyboard. I hate phones with qwerty keyboards for the fact that they are so big and ugly and I just don't like how they look aside from the voyager yet its to big. Most ppl would of been able to get this ahead of time if only they had asked or know someone in store, since they are able to ship them out but not have in stock till store release date. The only big con I had about the phone overall is the external Dpad and screen( to much wasted space for size). I love to T9 text when in a rush but the dpad makes it to complicated since you cant go back. The down key gets in the way of the 2. With the external screen you can't check your drafts or sent msgs and you cant send/receive pix/vid w/o opening the phone. The stylish desgin is pretty cool both colors look great I went with blk, the maroon looked good but i'm not big on redish color phones. The camera takes amazing pics day and night Compared to the voyagers flash less camera it is 10x better. Never drop the resolution to zoom in its better if you keep it at max resolution it looks best when transfered to your computer you can zoom in with your Fav software and it still has a clear image. The phone weighs less and I just can't complain much about it. Overall I like this phone more then most but for the price that I got it for and the overall true value...

Hotshot
posted on 01 May 2008, 16:07

Excellente!

I switched to this phone from Samsung SCH-U740. I LOVE the idea of full QWERTY keyboard.
The phone's software is FAST and does not require you to wait for 3 sec at a time to process each button request. Screen quality is amazing and is VERY clear. My phone is maroon color and gets a lot of attention at work. It's not big and small, perfect size for the full keyboard and keys are perfect size for me to type on (my hands are not that small).
Downsides - the upper portion of the phone is a bit heavy so will take time to get used to while holding/typing a txt message. External screen is a bit to small, could've gotten rid of VZW logo on top of it and make it bigger :).. the vibrator is a bit too weak, and can't do much controlling without flipping the phone open. still, this phone is excellent in my opinion - definitely the best I've ever had in my 8 year cell phone history...
otherwise, excellent phone with CLEAR signal, fast software processing, clear screen and graphic display, cool sounds for ring tone with.

nessy
posted on 01 May 2008, 01:58

NO FLASH

THE PHONE FITS IN HAND, SCREEN EASY TO SEE, BUTTONS EASY TO HANDLE. PHONE OPENED IS EASY TO TEXT, BUTTONS ARENT LOWER LIKE EN V. CAMERA IS NOTHING , NOTHING WITHOUT ITS FLASH. VERIZON MADE THAT MISTAKE WITH VOYAGER. HOPE THEY REDESIGN THIS WITH A FLASH. NO FLASH ON CAMERA IS MY ONLY CON

Mason M.
posted on 30 Apr 2008, 21:25

I just purchased this phone today. This phone is EFFIN awesome. It looks great sounds great and has many options. It just is a style upgrade from the original envy the only downfall to the phone is the small screen in the front. Other than that i reccomend this phone to anyone who is looking for a BADA** phone.

client #9
posted on 30 Apr 2008, 09:58

Sleek and Sexy

The enV2 is a purely stylistic redesigning of the enV, but it's a design that I can get behind. It has a larger internal screen, larger, more industrial external buttons, better feeling qwerty keyboard that's easier to text on, and almost all the same features while feeling, like, half the size. The biggest complaint I had about the enV was it's bulkiness, and this phone solves that problem thoroughly, being roughly one third bigger than the Samsung Alias, but having an actually USABLE keyboard. Carrying one makes you feel even more stylish than carrying a Voyager (another brick sized phone along with the original enV), which is probably something that's important to you if you're looking into this phone.

Buyers beware: it's hardly a technological improvement. True, the internal screen is larger, but the total specs of the phone are exactly the same as the original enV, minus the flash for the camera. And the external screen is actually smaller and less useful for anything except caller ID. It really is just a style revision.

The best thing about it is the way the smallness of it feels in the user's hands.

The worst thing is the way the user feels trying to use the external screen.

I like it, but I'm not up in arms that it's something trully great.