LG enV2 User Reviews

Text input5.8/10
UI speed4.6/10
Multimedia3.9/10

bobop70
posted on 27 Aug 2009, 07:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)

Get the Env2 Prepaid!!!

Alright, I went to a Verizon store, and had in mind getting the Blitz. Then, I saw they had an env2 in prepaid. It's really new also. The lady there said the fixed the front keypad and didn't give the phone a silver trim, but a blue trim. (it is a black env2 btw)

Alyssa
posted on 26 Aug 2009, 20:45

grrrrr

do not get this phone! only 3 months after i got it, the front screen stopped working. Now, my phone randomly turns off, sometimes 30 times a day. the battery lasts long...but it doesnt matter when the phone cant even stay on for 10 minutes.

Josh reviews
posted on 24 Aug 2009, 08:52

Env2 Good Phone

The Env2 is one of my favorite phones. definatly not one of te most high tech phones, but definatly an nice phone to have.

Pros

• Great Feel
  • Good For Heavy Texters
  • QWERTY Keyboard
  • Decent Camera
  • Nice Features

Cons

• Easy To Touch Lens
  • I've Heard Stories Of The Front Breaking
  • Sometimes Shuts Off If Left Too Long.
  • Not That Many Features.

posted on 20 Aug 2009, 17:23

button fix

Alright i have already posted a review buuuut evry1 who is having trouble with the buttons on thhe front here is how to fix them.First open the phone then hold the ok button on the outside off the phone.At the same time hold the left soft key on the inside off the phone then close the phone quickly.Iff it does not work the first time keep on tryin.This is an awsome phone once u figure out how 2 fix the buttons .PS this is only temporary.Every day or so u may have to reapeat the process

posted on 10 Aug 2009, 18:36

Awsome phone!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE BEST PHONE EVER!!!!The keyboard is sweet!The canera quakity is great and its super fast!!!Get this phone!IV had it for 3 months now and no big problems.GET THIS PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

• Qwerty key board camera quality very fast at txting and very durable(though iv only dropped it twice on hard wood floors)

Cons

• Iff u leave it alone 2 long then it will shut off somtimes but that hardly ever happens.No biggy.

posted on 08 Aug 2009, 17:42

Awsome phone

i love this phone!Its awsome!THe battery can go 5 days without a charge the qwerty keyboard is awsome the camera is awsome.THIS IS AN AWSOME PHON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GET IT!

Pros

• camera battery life qwerty keyboard.The battery life is good cause u can send like 100 messages a day and not charge it for 5 days.

Cons

• Occasioonily it will shut off when u leae it alone for to long no biggy.

posted on 04 Aug 2009, 19:15

Horrible Phone.

Well, Im now about to go on my 4th enV2 phone. My first phone that I had for four months, the ok button on the front broke very slowly. So I went in and got another one. The next day that phone broke and I had to go back to the store to get another new one. Now its been four months and it broke again. It turns off by itself and always freezes on me. If you want to get this phone, I'd tell you dont bother. All you'll do is complain and run to the store. I wouldn't even try the enV3 since they've had so much trouble with the enV2.

enV2 user
posted on 14 Jul 2009, 13:01

not bad

Ive had the env2 for a year now. It is a decent phone but nothing to be excited about. Ive gone through 3 of them. ive had all sorts of issues with it. the front buttons stop working, the charger port gets loose, it freezes up on me. I think you get the idea. The env2 does have some good qualities. Its easy to use and ive found the battery life to be alright. It is a great texting phone. The sound quality is good but speaker phone sounds like crap to me. Ive had some pretty nasty phones before and this wayyyyyyy better. Overall i have to say the env2 is a good phone IF your willing to be presented with technical problems.

Pros

• design, its small but doesnt feel chinsy
  • Battery life is better than most phones
  • Call quality and signal
  • I personally like the smaller screen on the front
  • its just a standard cell phone so there is nothing special

Cons

• Buttons dont work
  • freezes up
  • not alot you can do on the front screen and the controls on it suck
  • the charger port not working is the biggest thing for me (its happened on all 3 of my env2s
  • The picture taking system sucks. you cant zoom in on the higher resolution. there isnt a flash. the quality is worse the the first env and looks like a 1.3 mega pixel. but then again its a phone not a camera.

anonymous32
posted on 11 Jul 2009, 11:42

not recommended

this phone has been horrible. i got mine last july and since have gone through 4 of them. the ok button on the outside always stops working on its own and most recently i dropped the phone at most 12 inches to the ground and the screens both broke. finally i took it into verizon and they were out of env2s so now im waiting on a new env3 to try out. if you are considering this phone or getting this phone be prepared to be disappointed. the phone itself, the design, the keyboard and everything else is great but it just doesnt work. its built really poorly. my 'e' button on the inside of my phone doesnt work right and neither does the down button on the inside. the call quality is average, but you cant use speaker phone without opening the phone. i have way more complaints about this phone than positive things. really not recommended.

Pros

• keyboard
  • ease of use

Cons

• breaks constantly. horrible.

wowwwzaa
posted on 10 Jul 2009, 12:28

Ok so I had my env2 for about 9 months and then just recently the front ok button has stopped working and in the middle of a text message when i hit the space button it just freezes...i have to take the battery out and restart it and that still doesn't help. The phone randomly turns off and i have just about had it!

Pros

• qwerty keyboard
  • ...thats about it

Cons

• EVERYTHNG ElSE

mei ming
posted on 09 Jul 2009, 10:36

don't get this phone.

ok i have the env2. that i first was in love with. this is a BAD BAD BAD phone. the front- the 9, 7, ok, send, buttons stopped working on my first one. then when it was broken i had to open it to answer and then all calls were messed up. the inside key board the keys have to much space and the buttons are harder to use, like for me you have to press down really hard. the battery life is okay it will last me 1.5 days, but i text SOOO much. DONT GET THIS PHONE. cause once you have it, you will want to replace it. and the outside screen is small and you can't really do anything. can also get slow once you have it for a while.

Pros

• -texting is kinda easy
  • -battery

Cons

• -the small screen
  • -the buttons stop working
  • -can get slow

Emma Woodard
posted on 24 Jun 2009, 00:53

LG ENV2

okay, I have the EnV2 and I like it but it get so annoying sometimes, on the front of my phone my ok 7 8  aand 9 buttons do not work so I dont realoly like my phone

posted on 17 Jun 2009, 14:08

this phone has been amazing since i bought it. i'm a huge music fan, so i use the music player in it everyday and it works wonderfully. my husband has the enV, and after the enV2 came out, i knew i had to get it. now he wants an enV2! it holds a charge for days, even with me using the music function. best phone i've had.

Pros

• great music player

Cissy
posted on 17 Jun 2009, 12:40

Like it, but needs improvement.

This is my first phone, got it in April this year.  The first day I was amazed with what I could do with my phone.  I love that I can send text messages, pic, and video easily.  The instant messengers were easy and fast.  I love that I can get my email sent straight to my phone, no having to run home and log on the computer.  I adore my calender, and other built in applications.  I loved the fact I'm able to search the web for basic news and info.  As for calls, I usually get good reception, especially when I'm talking to people on the same network.  When I call my home landline its really great.  When it comes to calling people with different carriers it's not great, but then again neither is the callers.  I can't blame the LG EnV2 for my carriers problems.  Overall it's a great first phone for someone who knows what they want to the phone to do, with a few added surprises.

Pros

• QWERTY screen
  • Pics
  • Calendar
  • Texting
  • Large Buttons in front
  • Good Volume

Cons

• Butt Calls (The locking feature doesn't work well)
  • Small Screen in front
  • Stops working for no reason
  • Videos

Not in Love
posted on 15 Jun 2009, 10:33

I really liked this phone when I first got it and love the keyboard but now the love is gone.  I have had it less then a year and the clear coat is flaking, having trouble with some of the front buttons not working or only working when they feel like it and it turns off whenever it sees fit even when the battery is fully charged.  Also when I am talking on the phone it sounds as if you loss the call but the person is still on the other line, just your ends goes silent.  I have been told that all of these are known problems and I can bring it in for reprogramming or a referb phone but to be honest with these probs I would just rather get a different model all together.

Pros

• key board for messaging

Cons

• all kind of problems

YankeeJohnN
posted on 11 Jun 2009, 20:31 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Jun 2009)

I have had this phone for a year now and I love it.  It is grest and it makes texting easy.  The only bad thing is the front screen :(

Pros

Cons

• Front screen

Sara
posted on 31 May 2009, 02:26

enV2

I sort of took this phone for granted, when I had it, I constantly complained about the front screen size and crappy picture quality. I now see that the phone was a beast when it came to damage, it held together through many falls/throws/water related incidents. It is also has a long lasting bettery, I've talked on it without charging it for 6 hours straight. The key board is easy to get used to and it's pretty much a great phone overall.

Danie410
posted on 25 May 2009, 19:12

i loved mine

i was givin this phone when my went in to replace my 6th choc2 i thought i would hate it but the only major downfall that i had was the out side screen was to small and you could not go to the left and right on the menu other than that it was one of the most durable phone i ever had even worked after trowing it against a metal door dropping it in a bowl of soup and dropping it down 3 flights of stairs in my dorm...this is one of the best phones i ever owned it had a good camara and ok videos and you could actually hear ppl when you call...and once you get used to the full keyboard it is awesome and great to txt on

Pros

• good camara
  • sturdy
  • full keyboard

Cons

• the small screen on outside

lola
posted on 20 May 2009, 18:52

Okay

When i first got it it was very nice. after awhile the battery started to drain down and only last like 2 days. before that it would last like 4 or 5. The cameras nice. The video is nice wen yu take it but wen yu watch it is blurs. the keyboard is really awesome! i make no mistakes watsoever. i think its better than the voyagers becuz its smaller and compact and the same layout. the front screen is annoying becuz yu can never use it! yu always have to flip it open to do anything. also, yu cant really customize this phone. No fonts, no good dispay themes or as much customization as the dare or voyager.

Pros

• great keyboard
  • okay battery life
  • okay pictures (could be better)
  • small compact instead big and long as voyager
  • good camera (could be better)

Cons

• small front display
  • blurred videos
  • not good customization
  • drained battery life
  • have to flip it open to do everything

Emerald
posted on 27 Apr 2009, 20:20

Could Be Better

This phone is nice compared to what I had before...Nextel.  I have had so many problems with my phone I have had to take it in to get replace four times.  I have had the same problems with all four of the phones I had.  Such as not unlocking on the front, just shutting off, frezing up,and the ok button on the front just stop working all together.  I love my full keyboard but I have never had so many problems with one phone before. I have friends with the same phone and they have the same problems and they have had multiple phones just as me and it hasnt been a year.

Pros

• Love full keyboard

Cons

• Front buttons stop working
  • Frezes up
  • Would Not Recamend

NACHo
posted on 10 Apr 2009, 22:03

ENV2 ....[lame ass phone]

I WAS in love with this phone. I would always watch all the reviews on youtube and just dream about it. The first several months I had it was ok. THEN, my OK stopped working. Then my END, then my SEND, then my 7,8,and 9. etc. Since December, this problem has been going on. I cannot unlock the phone from the front. And when it is unlocked, the OK and the *,0,and # dont work at all. They only work when they want to. The only possible way I can activiate the front is when I END a call. This sucks because it's harder for me to text in class cause I gotta flip open the whole damn phone!
:X piece of shit.
What should I do??

Pros

• Great size.
  • Great camera.
  • Large screen =]

Cons

• Small ass screen.
  • of course those jacked up buttons.

cwmson
posted on 02 Apr 2009, 09:56

Great Phone!`

I have had this phone for a year and half, I think. It was my first cell phone with the Querty key board and I love this phone. I can actually use the key board as I'm a guy with big figers. :) I haven't had one single problem with this phone. I take it everywhere I go, mostly outdoors. I fish, hunt, camp, etc. and use this for my business. I have a computer repair business and use the Verizon Navigator all the time, it's just great. It stays charged all day for me also a plus..
As you can tell, I like the phone and recommeded it to several friends that have purchased the ENV2 and also love it.

Pros

• Easy to read numbers and text
  • Key pad is large enough that big fingers can use it
  • Clam shell
  • Easy to text via key board
  • Long battery life

Cons

• no flash

nick3456789
posted on 20 Mar 2009, 06:43

2.3

and this is the env2?

once you get it you will like it but after a month the buttons stop working for me the screen cracked it scratches easily the only thing about it that i liked was the keyboard

Pros

• the qwerty keyboard

Cons

• everything else

Mrsfireangel
posted on 17 Mar 2009, 09:39 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Mar 2009)

I love my Env2

I have had my phone now since Feb. of this year and i have noticed a couple of things wrong with it.. When i listen to my music on it. it sometimes restarts itself and when i take pics it freezes on me and i have to take the battery out. All my buttons work good. The picture quaity is good except at night unless u have good lighting which i do most of the time... I put protectors on my phone screens and a snap on cover to keep it in good shape. I had the Silcone cover but i didnt like it..

Pros

• Good Design
  • Love the keybroad
  • MP3
  • Menory slot
  • Good Battery life

Cons

• It freezes and restarts on me

anita
posted on 14 Mar 2009, 10:43

enV2 sucks.

the keyboard is amazing. but the outside keys screw up. first it started out with my OK button not working anymore, just like it does for everyone else if you use the outside a lot. and now, all my keys don't work. except for the end, clear and music key. those are the only ones. also, I have not dropped my phone. so it should not be doing this. the only way I can get some keys to work is if I push on them hard to push them in place. but it always messes up again. my guess as to why it does this is because all the keys are connected if you look. they could have done a better job on the outside. otherwise, it's a good phone.

Pros

• amazing keyboard, good for using aim, msn and yahoo messengers.

Cons

• the outside keys mess up.