x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Text input5.8/10
UI speed4.6/10
Multimedia3.9/10

Corpsemaker
posted on 13 Nov 2010, 15:48 (Posts: 63; Member since: 10 Jul 2010)

Review

Corpsemaker has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Overall a good phone. I have great call reception and quality. Camera is normal for a feature phone. The build quality seems decent except for the chipping and easy scratching. Internet is slow of course. Don't get a feature phone if you want the internet. Battery life is amazing. If you need a good battery this is a great phone.

Pros

• Good Battery Life
  • Good Call Quality
  • Decent Camera

Cons

• Turns off randomly
  • Calls people randomly
  • When you type a letter it sometimes puts more than 1.
  • Chips/Scratches easily

Katd1234
posted on 01 Jan 2014, 13:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jan 2014)

My first phone

Katd1234 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This was my first cell phone I got when I believe I was around nine years old. I put that phone through a lot and it still works! I dropped it many many times, it still works perfectly,it's built really well. The camera is good for a basic phone,keeping in mind this isn't the latest and greatest smartphone. The keyboard is really nice and great for texting. The speakers work perfectly and there are a ton of bite marks on mine (don't ask how they got them). Though I have moved on and bought a few new phone since,this has to be my favorite. I don't remember the call quality that well, I do believe it was nice. I only used the internet on it a handful of times I believe it worked decently,not great. For everyday use, hell yes it's good. :)

Pros

• good QWERTY keyboard
  • You can get it in a cute maroon color
  • perfect for texting
  • works well for a basic phone

savannah.sunshine1
posted on 09 Feb 2013, 03:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Feb 2013)

Loved it at first then hated it

savannah.sunshine1 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

So i have had this phone for alittle over a year now off and on. i loved it at first then it started to tweak out.
the clr button on the front stopped working and so when you mess up on texts you have to flip it up to the inside.
the buttons inside like to repeat letters even though you click it once "iiiittttt loooookkkkkksssss liiikkkee thisss"
the metal and paint on the phone scratches and chips was easily
the outside screen is small,
the camera sucks, NO ZOOM.
the speakers like to fade once in awhile. and the battery life used to be amazing now its not.
its real durable, the outside buttons push smoothly, the inside key board is nicely spaced,

Pros

• the full keyboard
  • the big screen inside
  • the speakers

Cons

• temporary good battery life
  • keys fail
  • the speakers fade
  • you can barely feel the vibrate after awhile
  • chips/scratches easily

hurpadurp
posted on 06 Jul 2012, 11:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Jul 2012)

Env2 - Favorite phone I've owned

hurpadurp has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

There seem to be a mix of good and bad reviews, so I thought I'd throw out why this is the best phone I've ever owned (not that it matters much at this point :P). I prefer dumb phones (never wanted a smart phone), and I prefer texting to calling. This phone has suited my needs perfectly.

I've had this phone since they came out about three or four years ago, and I have not been kind to it. It's been dropped many times, it's been scratched, knocked around in the bottom of my purse, and abused in various other ways. As a result, the outside of the phone is no longer pretty. The outside buttons have stopped working; the inside keyboard has developed a few quirks; but despite all of this, the inside screen and interface is still pristine thanks to the clamshell design. And, despite all of this, it still calls, texts, and (with my usage) has a battery life of an entire week. It has also entirely outlasted another brand spanking new phone, and was still perfectly functional after a year in a drawer to return to service when it broke down.

I like this phone's design a lot. The clamshell design means that the inside screen is and keyboard is protected from wear and tear, even if the outside is unavoidably beat up. It also means that there is room for a nice, large screen on the inside. The lack of touch screen makes it more durable (in my opinion). replying to a text is lightning fast because all you need to do is flip it open and start typing. The extended life battery lasts forever....

Build quality 8/10 Mine has continued to be completely serviceable despite losing function of outside buttons. I have heard talk of less fortunate enV2 owners.
Reception 10/10 Never had trouble with reception.
Call quality 9/10 Not perfect, but has never given me trouble.
Internet 3/10 it's not really made for internet browsing :P
Multimedia 6/10 I do wish it had a headphone jack instead of the tiny jack, but they probably did that so it can support a microphone headset. It plays music just fine, and can double as an mp3 player.
Camera 5/10 neutral rating - camera is 1.3 megapixel, but this is an older model.
Text input 10/10 this phone is basically designed for texting.
Display 9/10 the inside screen is nice and large (for this type of phone)
Battery 10/10 extended life battery lasts a very long time.

Pros

• no data plan required
  • qwerty keyboard
  • small, sturdy design
  • large internal display
  • takes memory card

Cons

• outside buttons may stop working

Apples
posted on 09 Jun 2012, 20:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)

EnV2 Begin Great, End TERRIBLY!

Apples has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

At first, the phone was great! i have had this phone about 3 years. I take great care of my phones because if i dont, im not sure what ill do! In the first months, it was great. All keys worked, did what i asked, etc etc! Then it started...."messing up". At first it just slowed down a bit... and brightness got a little dull.
Then (mainly within the past year), it started really irritating me. First i noticed that when i put my phone on vibrate... you didnt notice it as much. (Example: one time i put it on vibrate. after half an hour i checked the time on my phone, 20 messages were sent!!! I would have noticed the vibrate if it worked properly!)
Then, i realized that when i typed, it was like a few seconds behind. I would type 'Yea i went to see that movie last weekend.' And when i got to end in weekend, it was still on wee. I guessed that im a fast typer, so i didnt really care, not too irritating.
Then ( this was about 4 months ago when i noticed), i realized it was turning off on its own! At first i thought it was low battery or that i had turned it off. but as time passed, i realized it wasnt any of those reasons. I would fully charge it during the night. I would receive a text. When i reply, i closed it, and there, it turned off right in front of my eyes. and once i noticed it, thats all i saw. AT least once every other day (usually more than that) it turns off on its own. That is the most annoying part! My front pad still works but, you never know it could stop tomorrow....

Build quality 4/10 Durable qwerty keyboard. chips easy.
Reception 7/10 Okay reception. most areas are great.
Call quality 5/10 doesnt drop calls but low volume
Internet 1/10 Dont go on internet so not sure.... ask someone else
Camera 7/10 okay camera. no zoom.
Everyday usage 7/10 not good because very little apps etc
Display 6/10 started to dull
Battery 6/10 lasts one full day if you charge it all night....

Pros

• Durable QWERTY keyboard
  • Great at beginning (first 3-6 months)

Cons

• Turns off randomly and on its own
  • chips/scratches easily
  • not many features, very 'boring' phone
  • vibrate slowly becomes un-noticable. (Can barely notice vibrate anymore)
  • When recieving 2 messages at once, glitches out and sometimes turns off on own ( as always )
  • If you keep too many messages in inbox/send box, Gets slow...
  • Terrible at end!

djsho2k2
posted on 20 Sep 2009, 13:42 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Sep 2009)

Pretty Good Phone

I've owned this phone for over a year and I must say it is a great overall phone. The display on the front is ok, does what it needs to do. The inside display is pretty good for the size. QWERTY keypad is great! not as spaced out as the Voyager but still big enough. Size of the phone I think is good. Battery life of this phone is UNBELEIVEABLE! The best battert of any phone I've ever owned. I make a enough calls and texts every day just like everyone else, and I still inly have to charge this thing like 2 times a week. Not to shabby. I'm going to get a new phone soon with a touchscreen so this env2 will be a great backup phone in the even I need one. The music player is something that Verizon needs to work on. Navigating through and loading time of the menus for the music is not that great. Plus the music tagging down right is aweful. For some reason it catagorizes artists "too indepth" when u goto search. Ohwell, maybe Verizon will get tht fixed in the future. Other than that this phone is rock solid!

bobop70
posted on 27 Aug 2009, 07:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)

Get the Env2 Prepaid!!!

Alright, I went to a Verizon store, and had in mind getting the Blitz. Then, I saw they had an env2 in prepaid. It's really new also. The lady there said the fixed the front keypad and didn't give the phone a silver trim, but a blue trim. (it is a black env2 btw)

YankeeJohnN
posted on 11 Jun 2009, 20:31 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Jun 2009)

I have had this phone for a year now and I love it.  It is grest and it makes texting easy.  The only bad thing is the front screen :(

Pros

Cons

• Front screen

Mrsfireangel
posted on 17 Mar 2009, 09:39 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Mar 2009)

I love my Env2

I have had my phone now since Feb. of this year and i have noticed a couple of things wrong with it.. When i listen to my music on it. it sometimes restarts itself and when i take pics it freezes on me and i have to take the battery out. All my buttons work good. The picture quaity is good except at night unless u have good lighting which i do most of the time... I put protectors on my phone screens and a snap on cover to keep it in good shape. I had the Silcone cover but i didnt like it..

Pros

• Good Design
  • Love the keybroad
  • MP3
  • Menory slot
  • Good Battery life

Cons

• It freezes and restarts on me

bammbrenna
posted on 06 Dec 2008, 18:27 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Dec 2008)

I totally recommend this phone.

This is probably the best phone I've had. I've had it for 2 days and so far I've had no problems. I traded in my LG Dare for this as it was somewhat difficult to text on. As I am a heavy texter, I felt I needed a QWERTY keyboard, not a touchscreen QWERTY. Its a great size and it fits in my pocket and is a lot smaller than my mom's Voyager. The camera is pretty decent. A 2.0 isn't that much, but I don't use the camera that often, so thats OK for me. The dialing pad buttons and buttons on the keyboard are perfectly sized and compacted for easy dialing and texting. I LOVE the big speakers inside! Huge thing for me, because I do use my phone for music. So far, I am very happy with it and have none of the problems other people had with it. Maybe I just got a good one. (:

Pros

• Great Keyboard
  • Good Quality Speakers
  • Very Clear Sound
  • Great Battery Power

Cons

• Weak Vibrate - (not that big of a deal.)

enVoyager2
posted on 03 Aug 2008, 20:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Jul 2008)

Best Phone Ever!!

It such an awesome phone that is great for texting. The enV2 has a nice inside screen and spacious keyboard but the front screen is a bit too small.Otherwise it's awesome!

MotorolaExpert
posted on 24 Jul 2008, 19:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jul 2008)

It's ok...

My freind and my freinds mother's freind have the ENV2 by LG. when i first doodoled with this muchkin texter, i realized that this phone had more then i thought. the front of the phone is pretty cool, but the one thing i have a problem with is the front screen. its just too small and puny. that really is the only problem with the design of the phone. the camera works pretty well, and the keyboard on the inside is almost exactly the same as the original ENV, but this is kust a little smaller. the inside is really good looking and the chrome accents here and there are pretty cool. i really dont have much to say about this phone, just that this one is the ultimate phone for the 24/7 texter.

Paige
posted on 14 Jun 2011, 23:07

I HATE THIS PHONE!!!

Paige has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Okay so I have had this phone for 2 years now, and I have had to get it replaced 5 times!!! About a month after I would get the replacment the phone would either break in half(litterly i'm not kidding) or crack!! But mostly break in half and then when I would be in the middle of texting someone it would turn off and NOT turn back on!! And don't get me started on the battery, I had charged the whole intire night and the next day I turned it on and the battery died in less than 3 hours max. Then I would call someone(using the front of the phone, not the keyboard part) and the front buttons would not work anymore. This happend to me every time I got a replacement. Also the camera on here sucks! And I know this is probably my fault for putting the phone in my back pocket, but when I did I would accidently but dial random people. So save yourself the trouble and DO NOT get this phone. It is the worst phone I have ever had and everyone person I knew who had the LG env2 had the SAME EXACT PROBLEMS. So I recomened you to not buy this phone, if you do you will regret it. I do.

Build quality 1/10 It's a horrible phone, whoever built it I would like to have a talk with.

Pros

• There are no pros

Cons

• The whole thing sucks.
  • Don't buy this phone

daTruth90210
posted on 27 Dec 2010, 20:34

Reallyy The greatest cellular device ever!*

daTruth90210 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had my enV 2 every since they came out. I have all of the enV's I use the old ones just in case there's a problem with mt current one (which has never happened). My enV 2 has been dropped torn & worn! I have had water damage and everything you can think of & all my enV's are up to par! the key is to take good care of your cell phones and they will take care of you, but the enV is just a great phone. if you expect your phone to act as a smartphone then that's exactly what you Should buy!

Pros

• -build & unique structure
  • -Battery life
  • -reception
  • Qwerty keyboard

Cons

• -Chips
  • -(if not taken care of) external ok buttons stop working properly

Delilahhhh
posted on 21 Nov 2010, 08:20

Bad Phone

Delilahhhh has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had many problems with this phone. It constantly shuts off whenever i try to send messages. And just yesterday i dropped the Env2 and the inside screen is black. Also the send button, and OK button freezes alot. NOT IMPRESSED. This phone has many prombles. i wouldn't recommend it. No wonder why they came out with the Env3 so fast.

Pros

• Cool look.

Cons

• EVERYTHING

Anna
posted on 01 Nov 2010, 22:30

Wish I picked a different phone

Anna has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

It waited about 90 days before my 2 year contract is up to start crapping out. It had already been dropped once (3-4 foot drop). It looks like my dog tried to chew it up. Started to turn itself off whenever it wants. When texting, the keyboard thinks I want a dozen of the same letter when I only press once. "Theee textssssss loook like thiiiiss" This includes symbols, shift, and caps being difficult to use now. I could go on forever! I have many friends who are in the same boat!

I'M NOT BUYING AN LG PHONE AGAIN!!!!!!!! Rather try out other brands than risk this crap again!

Pros

• Simple look
  • Charge survives a good 3+ days

Cons

• Started declining after one year of use!!
  • Shuts off whenever it wants to
  • Hard to keep clean, if that makes sense
  • Easily scuffed
  • QWERTY messing up letters
  • No camera zoom
  • Vibrate option declined after 1 1/2 years, barely noticeable vibrate now

Shannon
posted on 09 Mar 2010, 10:46

Ok phone if it would stay working...

I will have to agree with previous reviews. I like the full keyboard, other than the speaker button is right next to the Clear button so I keep turning it off and on while texting. The camera takes pleasant pictures but no zoom.

Downsides- easily scuffed and marked; shuts off whenever it chooses; shuts off instead of sending a text; does lock up or freeze in Mobile Web mode. I've had mine a year and now the front keypad is useless due to loss of the OK button function.
I guess I miss one-handed texting, and a larger outside screen would be nice too. Can't wait to get a different phone. In a year.

Pros

• Full keyboard
  • Decent pictures

Cons

• Shuts off
  • Front keypad becomes useless
  • Shows wear quickly
  • Locks up in Mobile Web mode

JackieM.
posted on 22 Feb 2010, 14:44

would not recommend this phone

I bought my first env2 last winter (2009) and was pleased at first. The camera seems decent compared to other 2.0 megapixel cams I've played with. The full keyboard is AWESOME, and makes texting a breeze. Call quality is decent, I have never had the phone drop a call on me. The battery life is also okay, although calls do drain it fairly quickly.

HOWEVER...

They are not good quality phones! I am on my second env2, which compared to some people, is good!

For my first env2, the front keyboard stopped working (the OK button quit. And since that unlocks the front, all other buttons were then useless on the front.) That made taking pics, answering calls, and quick texting a mega pain.
There was a trick I discovered from the net where when this happens you: 1.) open the phone, turn on camera. 2.) close phone 3.) repeatedly press the "OK" button until it starts working again
^ If that doesn't work, repeat till it does. Unfortunately, while this did work for a few months, the OK button stopped responding at all after a bit, and was once again dead.

Also, the phone's paint and metal sides chip and scratch VERY easily. Not cool.

The battery later stopped charging, so I was stuck with a dead phone.

My 2nd env2 still has a working OK button and front keyboard after being used for 3+ months, so I'm crossing my fingers there!

This phone does have a bad habit of randomly turning off a few times a day (5-8 times), which is insanely annoying!

It is also VERY easy to butt dial somebody,...

Pros

• cute design
  • decent camera
  • full keyboard
  • call quality

Cons

• front OK button notorious for dying
  • paint easily chips/scratches
  • randomly turns off frequently
  • easily pocket dials contacts
  • phone sometimes turns off after texting a contact

Parker Anderson
posted on 31 Jan 2010, 20:30

I got my enV2 in november 2009, (should have gotten the voyager) loved the phone for 2 months until january 2009 when i had it replaced. in all i have had 5 enV2 replacments, and i have heard that if you have had 3 or more they will send you a refurbished enV3, But NOOOO! not for me. this phone is a piece of ***. plus my friends have this phone and they have had the same issue. 4 times the whole front keypad has gone out.1 time it would just shut off and would not charge. all in all.

Pros

• full keyboard

• front keypad
  • camera quality
  • pocket dials

bianca
posted on 15 Jan 2010, 02:57

soooo many problems

mobile IM freezes the phone and you half to wait 10 minutes for the phone to just shutoff
alarms don't turn off when you clearly set it to on
there's not much you can do with the camera because it doesn't have zoom or flash
the whole front part completely stopsworking after a short period of time, and ive gone through 3 of these phones already
turns off frequently, which is very unhelpful

hate this phone

selena
posted on 15 Jan 2010, 02:50

i agree with the reviewer who said "this phone sucks hard"

WORST PHONE EVER  ... just look at how many people are giving it bad reviews. the people who give good reviews are just the lucky ones because studies have shown, that there is a 75% chance that you get the crappy phone, n the other 25% get the good phones. so don't get this phone it's a waste of time and money.

selena
posted on 15 Jan 2010, 02:27

1.3

THIS PHONE SUCKS HARD

okay so like after a month th ok button on the front stopped working, when i use aim it freezes my phone, the alarms on this phone have also been failing on me, and it turns off randomly a lot !! this fone sucks hard this is like the 3rd one ive gotten cus they wont give me an upgrade. i heard wen you take it in to show em n they give you a new one, they jus take another old fone that they fixed before n give it to us-__- its a ripoff. so i say DO NOT GET THIS PHONE. btw  a lotta ppl i know who had this fone had the same exact problems n switched to another network. this is a horrible horrible phone.

Pros

Cons

• ~ok button in the front fails on you
  • ~this phone turns off randomly a lot
  • ~the alarms don't work as well either
  • ~aim freezes the phone and stops working

posted on 10 Jan 2010, 16:56

WORST PHONE EVER

i really liked this phone the first couple of weeks but after a while it SUCKED!!!! ive had 2 get about 4 replacement phones of the EnV2.. and it still doesnt work.. like on the front the OK doesnt work.. and neither does 789 or *#0 and it randomly shuts off!...

Ro
posted on 22 Dec 2009, 21:38

Best Phone I've ever had!

I don' t know why everyone is giving this phone a bad review, I've gone through dozens of cell phones and had issues with all of them. This is the best phone I've ever owned period. It's a tank, it's taken such a beating over the year and a half I've owned it and no problems what so ever. The keyboard is solid, I've never seen a phone with a better keyboard. the keys are nicely spaced and have nice tactile response and are backlit for dim situations. My only complaints with the phone are that the battery life is beyond terrible if you do any kind of data activity like WAP browsing or mobile email and the power/usb connection is some kind of strange proprietary connector that I haven't been able to find easily or for cheap. Overall I love this phone though. If I didn't want to upgrade to a smart phone I would have no reason to get rid of it ever!

Pros

• Solidly built
  • Nice design
  • Compact
  • Very nice keyboard with backlit keys

Cons

• Low batter life when using data
  • non-standard usb/power connector

fliphusker
posted on 20 Nov 2009, 17:38

2.3

what a piece of crap

I lost my old phone, they do not make the Hint anymore, so they sent this as the replacement.  I seriously had this phone for a day, and the external keypad quit working.  1 day!!!!  I did not drop it or anything like that.
Its going back, and will never get another LG phone.

Pros

Cons

• Front keypad quit working after a day
  • Front screen is basically useless.