LG enV Touch User Reviews

Battery3.5/10

Kimberly Adams
posted on 05 Aug 2009, 23:06

enV Touch

I have had the enV touch for about a month now. I had the voyager prior to this one and I like both of them. However, there are still a few glitches with the enV touch that I feel will be handled soon. It turns itself off randomly. The biggest problem I have with it is that it doesn't "remember" words you use while texting. Like my husband's name is Jaison and t9 doesn't recognize it when I type it so I have to go to abc to manually type it. On my voyager it remembered all the words I typed with abc and the enV doesn't. Also sometimes when I open a new text it isn't on t9 even though I have it set to where t9 is the entry mode I want for texts. I do like many features on the phone. Such as the memo pad, the different ways you can sort texts, and the drawing pad. The problems I have with the phone are just glitches that will most likely be fixed as more people use the phone and alert LG that they need to be fixed. Overall it is a great phone. And by the way, I have no problem with my battery life. I charge it every night and when I go to bed it is usually on one bar but it doesn't matter because it's time to charge it again! :)

Pros

• -touch screen works great
  • -great features
  • -all the "widgets"

Cons

• -problems with t9
  • -turns itself off
  • -no "external display" option on camera

Shrow
posted on 28 Jul 2009, 19:52

LG EnV Touch = AMAZING

I've had the LG EnV Touch for about two weeks now, and this is BY FAR the best phone I have ever had. I mean, you can do practically everything on this phone. The camera is very nice, the games are very well done and work well with no freezing, text messaging is extremly easy, and there is so much more that is sweet with this epic phone. I am extremly glad that I chose this phone. I've noticed others who review this phone the the battery is trash, but so far, I have not had a problem with it at all. It lasts me the whole day and I use it quite abit. Though the $149 price tag that comes with this phone may seem steep, its definatly worth it. If you are having a hard time choosing a new phone and are leaning towards getting the EnV Touch, go for it!

Pros

• -Great 3.2 MP Camera
  • -Apps are well done and fun
  • -Three different ways to text
  • -Nice design
  • -Practically a smartphone
  • -Easy to use
  • -Nice Music Player
  • -In my opinion, good battery life
  • -Overall amazing phone!

Cons

• -I really can't think of anything wrong with this phone, its an AMAZING phone!

Steven S.
posted on 19 Jul 2009, 03:09

Nice phone

Overall the phone is great. I do have one complaint the has not been mentioned. It appears the touch has a problem with the bottom hinge being loose. I had a small glitch with with screen diming during use of the phone. Verizon sent me a new phone and I immediately noticed the bottom hinge being loosel. Made the over phone feel cheap. I took it to the nearest Verizon store and they showed me three new phones with the same issue. They simply told me this is how the phone is and the felt there was no issue with the hinges. When I showed the store manager my phone and how solid the hinges were she was at a loss for word.. anyway i decided to deal with the small screen glitch rather the have a phone the feels like it was going to fall apart. I have had no real issues with the battery with normal use. I suggest you let the phone go completely dead before charging it the first few times. Also, when you first get the phone a real nice feature is that it display from what area or city/town the call is coming from. However this is only a promotion and you have to pay $2.99 a month if you want to keep the feature. Verizon will find a way to squeeze every penny they can out of you. Over all the phone is wonderful..if you get one with solid hinges... be aware!!!

Pros

• Touch Screen, Full Keyboard, Camera

Cons

• Quality Control at LG

VzDubb
posted on 17 Jul 2009, 02:00

the why behind the EnV Touch's Battery issue...

Okay heres the long and short of the battery issue with the touch. First of all i want every1 to watch there signal bar when using the phone. Do you see it? well this is where the issue lies. CDMA technology is like a 2-way radio...aaheem sort of speaking, let me elaborate. The fewer signal bars you have the more your phone has to work harder in order to keep that signal. and vice versa with signal at full bars...get it. Now this no way affects call quality but however does affect dropped calls rather. for some of us that complain about the battery life please i urge you all that your phone is a work horse... once again let me elaborate again. ever notice how big that beautiful screen your looking at and the resolution on it? well there you go people the more juice it requires to run it. after all you want quality right? a 3.0 megapixel cam, check got it, ohh did i forget to mention with flash (check). and by the way pls stop comparing this phone to the DARE(only tru touch phone), DARE doesnt even have a full-qwerty like the touch...once again another factor for the faster drain on battery life.
now for those that would like to repute my comments pls,  i welcome any rebuttal comments... but this is true when it concerns with battery life....especially about signal strength....Now enjoy the phone and pls do not compare the touch with the Iphone...very 2 different phones...each has its strengths and weaknesses...
P.s. wanna kno the reason why phones shut down...internal memory...

Kayla
posted on 12 Jul 2009, 14:28

Love my phone

I absolutly love my enV touch. probably the only con would be the battery life however when i was scrolling through i noticed a user Jayb say his phone could do about 10 text and no talk time. thats ridiculous yu need to get yur phone checked. my battery last about half way through the day bec ause i text starting at 7 in the mornin and around 12 or 1 im down to about two bars. and i do talk too. I'd say its not tht bad after dealing with my samsung alias. It is a very stylish phone however i would prefer more theme options. the external texting is great so is the keyboard. it has a lot of room. Its very customizable with awesome features. like the games city id favorites camera drawing pad and music. My favorite would have to be the city id (just because i gt bored. it tells you where the person caling or the person yur calling is from. and yu can type random #'s in to see if its an area code. random buh fun at times =] ) the music is easy to sync. iv seen confusion around having  vcast. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE SUBSCRIBED TO VCAST TO SYNC MUSIC FROM YOUR COMPUTERR.  its a great phone nd amazes me more and more everyday =] A GREAT BUY. i paid 181.19 and get a 70 dollar rebate.

Pros

• features
  • design
  • camra
  • music
  • textinq

Cons

• think i have a defective charger, its my fourth day having it its reset twice when charging.

kyle
posted on 11 Jul 2009, 12:55

i enjoy this phone but i am irritated i tends to have a mind of its own. it has fun features but it has many bugs that i hope that they make updates for. and i talked to a verizon rep. and they mentioned that not all updates can be downloaded wirelessly, which is odd considering the of having a phone that you dont need to flash. other than some of the cons i enjoy this phone

• favorite contacts
  • full keyboard

Cons

• restarts like the original env
  • lagging program
  • loading photos
  • entry mode for text on external screen setting does always come up as t9 if you have it set.
  • calling while in pocket

Horsem4n
posted on 11 Jul 2009, 02:47

Its pretty cool

I just got it today and have been playing around with it for a good while.
i really enjoy not having to open the phone to quickly text back with the on screen qwerty when rotated. i like the fact that i could sinc my hotmail account with the phone and i like the browser (though the memory cache is JUST too small to manage my photobucket account being that i frequent it cause im a professional graphic designer), speaking of wish, i LOVE the drawing pad. you have no idea how often i think of ideas i need to draw (for stuff i do for clients) and dont have a piece of paper i sight to draw on. my battery seems alright with the amount of stuff i did today with the internet, applications and texting, its still at 4 bars. though, i feel that if they used a battery with above 1000 mAh i would feel a bit better, though i think 950 is enough for what i do.
i like the music player, but havent bought a card yet to pump ALL my music onto this thing (being the fact that half the reason i wanted a new phone was because i needed to replace my broken ipod) so i havent because familiar with it yet. i just dont like the sinc process and how i have to use windows media player and how it didnt find half the music on my computer.
the touch screen is sencitive and the heptic feedback is really nice. i find that it responds well to gestures(except the camera menues, takes a stern swipe to flip through menues unlike the quick ones you can use throughout the rest of the phone)
the internal keypad intrugues...

Pros

• ok for future hardcore games
  • ok web browser
  • touch awesomesausness (its just convenient)
  • 2 qwerty options
  • shiny
  • 3.5mm headphone jack
  • equalizer settings
  • expandable memory
  • many useful applications i will be using constantly
  • sketch pad (need to point that out for other artsy folk out there who think the iphone is poo poo)
  • im a nerd, and this phone excites me.

Cons

• screen turns off kinda often
  • wish i had full control of the equalizer, i know my curve
  • having to buy the email app was a bit absurd, should come pre-loaded
  • shinyness will degrade over time as it hangs in my pocket :(
  • wish i could sinc it like a PSP where i just manage folders
  • battery COULD be bigger
  • lots of menus
  • not enough space in the quick menu (for me)

JLane
posted on 06 Jul 2009, 18:05

Great Phone!

This is a great phone, but don't let people tell you it's in any way similar to the iPhone or any smartphone. It is not a smartphone, it is a regular-old cell phone with a lot of great features. If that is what you are looking for, then BUY THIS PHONE! You won't be disappointed. The more I use it, the more I like it.
So, what's to like:Great screens - Very bright and colorful. A bit hard to see in the sun, but that's not a deal breaker.Awesome features - Great calendar (that actually can sync with Outlook, go to LGMobilePhones.com and download the application). Music player is very usable and intuitive. Very intuitive and usable user interface. A fairly useful, if not extremely slow and somewhat buggy, document reader (PDFs, Word Docs, etc.) It is a good start for a cell phone and not a smartphone.Solid Performance - Works well in rural areas and big cities alike (Tested in Rural Arkansas and Urban Salt Lake City, Utah)
What needs improvement:Battery Life - My last phone was a Samsung that I only had to charge once or twice a week, so I was expecting to have to charge this phone more often, but even so, this phone's battery life sucks. I charge it almost daily, and I don't use it a ton. WiFi - I know this isn't a smartphone, but with all of the other features, I would hope that the next iteration from LG comes packed with WiFi. It would have really made this phone stand out.
This is my first LG phone and I really like the build quality and design. It is a great phone...

Pros

• Great Screens
  • Awesome Features
  • Solid Performance

Cons

• Short Battery Life
  • No WiFi (read review)

aashitn
posted on 06 Jul 2009, 13:29

Phone freakkkkk

If you txt alott then you probly want an extra battery.I updated from a env2 witch sucked ! To this and it is so much better ! and you can leastin to music and txt at the same time

• txting
  • Touch screen
  • Games
  • Volume

• Kinda big
  • Space bar in the middle of qwerty bored

Misha
posted on 30 Jun 2009, 16:48

GREAT PHONE!

I got the touch about a week ago, and i love it. everything is great except for the battery life, i am used to not charging my battery for atleast two days, now i have to charge it every night. Texting on the touch screen could be better, but that is why i upgraded from the dare. It is a bit bulky so if u want a small phone, not a good choice. The 3.2 megapixel camera is like the dare, so no difference. But the business card reader is new i use that all the time! It is a great phne...i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

• Everything especially texting

Cons

• Battery life :(

Thomas WOOO!
posted on 28 Jun 2009, 19:00

LOVE IT!

Ive had this phone for about a week now and ive got to say that im very very impressed with it.  Texting on this phone is a blast! I love the keyboard. Its perfect all the way around no doubt. I had the dare before and this is a pretty good step up from it.  The dare i saw did take better pictures and had more features with the camera but its still pretty good.  The web browsing experience is alright, a little better than the dares. Scrolling and panning is better. Customization is better than the dare, being similar, it is pretty awesome. Battery life is alright, could be better though≥

Pros

• EVERYTHING ELSE!

Cons

• - alright battery
  • -panning through pictures can is slow

techy mom
posted on 27 Jun 2009, 08:04

Good Phone... except for the battery! :(

Good phone... with constant texting... battery life sucks! I found that the LG Dare had a better battery life than this phone... the touch screen is alot better than the storm!

Pros

• touch is better than Storm.... in line with the LG Dare

posted on 25 Jun 2009, 19:28

I have not yet gotten the ENV Touch, but I have played with the phone in the verizon store. I am going to get it real soon. I like how the phone let you know where the locations of the calls are comming from. I haven't read any posting about this feature yet. So, I wonder does it really?! Or was I just seeing things? The keyboard is cool and so is the overall looks of it. Everything seemed to be working great with I was toying with it. Hopefully, it doesn't clashed on me when I do get it.

Pros

• None for now till, I actually get it

Cons

• Nothing yet, that I can say. I haven't got it yet.

jayb
posted on 25 Jun 2009, 15:30

battery and external display

My battery lasts about 24 hours, but that is assuming zero talk time and maybe 10 txt messages.  In other words, the battery is essentially worthless.
The external display goes blank unless I use a stylus to tap on it repeatedly while trying to keep it alive in order to check voicemail.  Otherwise, I have to open the phone, type the password, then close it again.
Both of these are deal breakers!

Pros

• Lots of wonderful things if I could get past the "cons"

Cons

• Battery life (what battery life) and External Display.
  • Phone shuts off occasionally for no reason.

Cam
posted on 25 Jun 2009, 11:25

hmm...

I've had this phone for about 2 weeks now. I love it so much because of all the features it has. I'm a big texter so a clamshell with qwerty is a must. This phone is very good to have and the only negative things i can think of are the battery life and the inability to add words to the T9 dictionary.
Saying all this, i'd also like to point out that i am on my third enV touch. My first one lasted me about a week. It froze constantly, so i took it back and they gave me a new one. The second one's touch screen went haywire on me, so i once again took it back and they gave me a new one. This is my third one and i'm taking it back again because now its experiencing both of those problems. Hopefully its not all enV touches that are experiencing and they will fix this problem in the next software/firmware update.
Also, i read here some people were dissapointed about things like the battery life and the ringer volume. Check your phone for updates in the near future because they are supposed to be releasing updates to fix these problems. Also, if your battery isn't lasting at least a day then you should take it back, or use some common sense to conserve it. Turn all your backlights to thier lowest timer settings and take off the vibrate and sound for the external touch screen. Turn off the key volume and don't leave your phone open and idle as keeping the screens lit uses up battery.

Pros

• good, rosponsive touchscreen
  • looks amazing
  • love the internal keys
  • like the web browser
  • like the speed

Cons

• battery life only lasts about a day
  • so many bugs that have yet to be fixed (freezing, spazzing out)

Bruce Gregory
posted on 23 Jun 2009, 15:20

The Best Phone Ever!!!

This is a great phone! You can txt three ways and the touch makes it all the better! I am 14 and i just love this phone! If you like the iPod Touch, but your plan is on Verizon (like me) this is very like the iPhone, but it has an extra full QWERTY keybord (like your computer). This phone has a full HTML browser just like your computer! The enV Touch even has a dedicated row for numbers 1-9 and 0. Over all this is a great phone!

Pros

• Has three ways to txt!
  • Full HTML browser!
  • Full QWERTY keybord!
  • And Much
  • Much
  • Much
  • More!

Cons

• None that I know of, but it could have WIFI.

aly
posted on 22 Jun 2009, 19:36

enV touch....?

charger sucks. battery sucks. touch screen keyboard sucks. speaker sucks.
great camera. great touch response. great setup.
not sure what you think about this but its not very good phone. sure the cameras nice, but charger breaks every 2 minutes, i wouldn't reccomend this phone.

• computer charger
  • touch screen

Cons

• volume.
  • wall charger

depressed but at the same time happy girl
posted on 21 Jun 2009, 11:44

Love this phone but...

I have this phone almost 3 weeks now.  So far it's a great phone.  But, within the last 3 weeks, i have had my share of the problem.  The 1st week i got this phone, the touch screen went bizerk on me.  The 2nd week i had this phone, the phone screen froze.  The 3rd week and 2x in a row, the phone just decided to shut off itself.  OMG.... i wanted to return this phone, but i'm confused because i also love this phone.  I love the big screen.  I love the responsiveness of the touch screen, i love the fact that it takes nice pictures and i love that it's almost close to the iphone. The only problem is that i've been having problems with it already and plus... i cant hear calls coming in coz the ringtone is still low when put on the highest volume and most importantly, the battery life is sucks!!!  no matter how you charge it, through the computer or regular outlet, the battery life is short. I found myself having to carry the charger around with me alllllll the time because of in fear of the battery dying out on me.  so... there you go folks... that's my share of LG EnvTouch.... hope it helps.

Pros

• big screen, responsiveness of the touch phone, a wanna be iphone, it has touch screen and keyboard, takes awesome pictures

Cons

• Battery life is sucks, high ring volume is still low, heavy, must use 3.5 headset

Cher
posted on 21 Jun 2009, 00:03

LG enV Touch

Love the phone!  Have been having fun testing it & very impressed.  I asked the salesclerk about the battery life & I was told to charge it overnight on our computer.  And to charge it several times by way of computer.  Apparently this is suppose to help break the battery in slowly & help w longer life!  Will see what happens.  We know the LG Dare had a battery problem starting out but that it improved.

Pros

• Everything!

Cons

• Nothing yet.

corbin
posted on 20 Jun 2009, 15:39

wowww.

i got my phone a week ago, coming from the first generation enV. i loved that phone, but i was fed up with how many problems it had, so i got this one. i love it so far! the only thing is that the battery dies everynight, and T9 on the front screen is horrible, but it's not really supposed to be used for texting on the outside much anyway. the screen is huge, which is a plus. i find myself dialing from my pocket daily though. adjusting to the space bar being in the middle and the shift and sym keys being moved down one has been difficult getting used to. the camera rocks, as does the way you can set up the messaging (setting it by contact is really useful). the phone's memory is really big, holding over 250 messages. setting up your home screen and making everything exactly where you want is great, and the music player is just like having an ipod touch. this is by far verizon's best phone out right now. the way your calls are set up are very nice too, as are the favorites option. you can set up your favorites, up to ten of them, and can easily text of call them with the push of three buttons.

• qwerty keyboard
  • texting
  • games

• dialing from pocket

lucy1224
posted on 14 Jun 2009, 15:54

Overall I'm Impressed!

So, theres A LOT to say about this phone. Before the EnV Touch I had the original EnV. The touch screen is very large and impressive and the internal screen is definitely bigger than the one on my EnV. The touch screen is very responsive. The camera takes very clear pictures; considering the size of the screen I could barely tell the difference between preloaded backgrounds and the pictures I took but I have not yet uploaded them onto my computer. The games are awesome! I LOVE NEED FOR SPEED!! There are only two display themes, but thats not exactly a dealbreaker. The keyboard is a little hard to get used to from my EnV but if you are coming from a T9 phone the keyboard is excellent I'm sure. The home-screen is VERY hard to see in the sun but once you make your way to the actual dialing screen its pretty visible. The battery life isn't great, but that is to be expected with such a large touch screen. Its a little bulky but not too bad. Overall, a great phone; I would DEFINITELY reccomend it.

Pros

• QWERTY Keyboard
  • Large Internal and External Screens
  • Threaded Text Messaging

Cons

• Hard to See in the Sun

Dillon
posted on 13 Jun 2009, 17:37

PHONE IS AWESOME

i am starstruck by it. It is the best phone i have ever had, and I think it is the best phone for verizon that is out right now. I say this because the BB Storm is very Laggish and bugged (they need to fix it quick)

Pros

• same pros as the review below me below me

Cons

• same cons as the review below me

Dillon
posted on 13 Jun 2009, 17:32

PHONE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

overall the phone is magnifiscent. I kave had it for about two months and no big flaws yet. The space bar in the middle is a great change. I love the hard and functional touchscreen and the qwerty keybourd. If you're on verizon, you should definently get this phone; I highly recomend it.

Pros

• beautiful screens,
  • hard surface touch screen....very responsive,
  • memory card,
  • vcast music and videos,
  • great speakers,
  • 3.5 headphone jack
  • best qwerty keyboard i have ever used

Cons

• battery life not that inpressive,
  • no vcast tv

Conrad
posted on 12 Jun 2009, 00:57

Best Verizon phone ever

I've had this phone for a week now, and I've pushed this phone to its limits.  I think this phone is a great phone, and is a nice combination of the top three phones from Verizon (LG Dare, LG enV2, LG Voyager). I think that the Blackberry Curve is VZW's top device, but I put that more as a PDA phone rather than a regular phone with extra features (which is what the LG phones I listed above). I've had many phones from Verizon for about 10 years now, I have three lines in my account and I upgrade my phone every year and the two other lines every other year. I will have to say that this is the best phone to come out of Verizon. The keyboard options are nice, though I find myself using the virtual more (I am used to the LG Dare). I like the animated scroll (though not as nice as the HTC Touch Diamond or Pro, but again, these two are more PDA phones than regular phones). The camera is quite impressive (3.2 MP) and the large screen size makes taking pictures a lot easier. I tested the data speed (via dslreports) and the average speed was 455 kbit/sec, which is slower than my LG Dare (I got 814 kbit/sec). I placed the phones on the same spot on my desk when I was running the tests, and ran one test per phone (one after the other) for 8 tests, and these are the average speeds of the 8 tests. This is with a test 1MB file download. I'm not sure why the Touch is significantly slower, given that both are EVDO Rev.A.  These results have been consistent with the...

Pros

• Ext & Int screens are clear and large
  • Camera takes great pictures (for a phone)
  • Decent Mobile web...but not as fast as the LG Dare (I have both)
  • EVDO Rev.A so mobile broadband with tethering is decent (side-by-side comparison coming soon)
  • dual keyboard (virtual and real)
  • decent speakers
  • clear sound for phone

Cons

• -battery life not very impressive.
  • -mobile web speed is slower (compared to LG Dare)

Marc
posted on 11 Jun 2009, 20:44

LG and Verizon have a real winner on their hands!

I've only owned this phone for a few days now but the verdict is in: The enV Touch is excellent. No phone can be truly perfect in every way (there must always be some compromises in design decisions etc.) but I can't think of even one notable negative aspect of this phone. It seems to get pretty much everything right. A bit limited on the themes but for that to be even worth mentioning really tells you that everything else about the phone is great.
If you're on Verizon, this is the phone to get! The price is incredible too - only $20 more than the Dare or Versa? It's a steal of a deal.