LG enV Touch User Reviews

Text input6.6/10
Everyday usage4.3/10
UI speed3.8/10

posted on 10 Nov 2009, 22:16

This is phone a probably my favorite of all the phones that i've had so far. Seems as though a lot of people are having issues with this phone, but my functions with no problems whatsoever. The only complaint is the battery life doesnt last very long. Other than that, get this phone!!!

Pros

• awesome camera/video
  • great for texting
  • music player is good
  • touch screen is responsive
  • nice big screens

Cons

• Battery life isnt the best

elocelocin
posted on 05 Nov 2009, 21:05

too fragile

i dropped my phone on CARPET and it cracked the inside screen internally. i had it in an acrylic case too! when i flip it open to text sometimes the screen won't come on for me. it is an ok phone as long as it isn't your only phone to rely on. i have dropped it twice and the screen broke in the same place both times but it hit differently both times. i wish i would have waited and got a better phone. i don't have a problem with the battery just how fragile the phone is. i have dropped other phones and never had a problem like this.

Pros

• big screen, nice keypad, ok camera, easy to use, battery life ok,

Cons

• too fragile,internet too slow, not enough apps,the screen lights up for no reason, inside screen does not work all the time,

posted on 31 Oct 2009, 16:50

I had this phone for couple of months already and I wish I hadn't picked it. It is an okay phone. The problem I have most with this phone is the touch screen. The touch screen is not responsive, I find myself opening up the phone to dial and even read text messages. Everything is pretty good. The internal screen is big and the camera is good as well.

Pros

Cons

• Touch screen
  • Battery life is horrible

anonymous jack
posted on 09 Oct 2009, 22:55

grreeeeaaatttt

i love this phone so much. It is a perfect upgrade to the voyager and has a great internal and external keyboard. It also has a great camera. I think it's the best phone created by verizon. I've had this phone for awhile now and i completely love it.

Pros

Cons

• nothing

posted on 07 Oct 2009, 11:32

enV Touch

I've had this phone for about 3 months and it is awesome! I'm a text and internet junky and I use this phone heavily. The touch screen is beautiful and the colors/graphics are perfect. I love the keyboard size. The only problem is that the T9 feature doesn't seem to remember the words I've keyed in, but that's not a problem if you mostly use the keyboard for texting (and why wouldn't you)! Also the two speakers on the interior screen are quite good for a phone and you can even use the phone as a mini jukebox! Recently I dropped my enV in the toilet at a bar and I was devastated thinking it was a toast. I immediately removed the battery from the phone within 3 seconds of pulling it out of the water. I dried it off and put it in a bowl of rice for about 48 hours. When I turned it back on again, it worked OK except the LCD seemed to have water damage. Within about a week the phone and screen were completely back to normal!! Great design by LG!

Pros

• - Size
  • - Graphics/color
  • - Sound quality
  • - Touch screen sensitivity

Cons

• - T9 feature doesn't remember words

Anonymous Jack
posted on 06 Oct 2009, 21:59

Awesome phone

I've had this phone for awhile now and I absolutely love it!!! I love both the external and internal qwerty keyboard. The camera is awesome and when you zoom in, it is so clear!! I just warn you people reading this to never...NEVER... put regular earphones inside the jack because the phone gets stuck in the earjack mode and you will need to send it back in and wait for a new phone...... otherwise... its a great phone

Pros

• 2 qwerty keyboards
  • good battery life
  • great camera

Cons

• randomly restarts
  • lags when you scroll down on the contacts list when you want to send them a txt
  • the thing with the earjack

YEAH
posted on 04 Oct 2009, 10:51

Awesome phone!

Ive had this phone ever since it came out and its pretty awesome! The phone size is not to big for me, its perfect. The screens and really clear and easy to use, but when you get in DIRECT sunlight, you cant see a darn thing. The touch screen is pretty responsive to use, havent had any problems with it. The inside screen is pretty great, it looks a little better than the touchscreen. Texting on the phone is a BREEZE when typing on the inside QWERTY, but closing the phone and using the outside, well, that can be a pain. First off, it doesnt save your words in the phone dictionary on T9. Second, when using the normal keypad, its just, needs to be bigger. Last, the virtual qwerty sucks, the dare was a lot better to use. The camera is the best, it shoots great shots outside, they look as good and maybe even better than the Dare, coming inside, well that can ruin your shot. Video recording is great, just like the dare, just a little choppy though, wish it was as smooth as the iphone's. Using internet is pretty goood actually, i like it alot but thanks to verizon, i cant go on as much. Its a full featured phone with everything, the only downside, which you probably have read, is the battery life. Yes, it does kinda suck, itll last me through the day, but i put it on the charger and now its just like a routine. So go out and buy this phone! Its great!

Pros

• ALOT

• outside qwerty
  • direct sunlight makes the screen almost impossible to see
  • inside shots, okay.

ChristinaPifer
posted on 30 Sep 2009, 15:36

Had more problems than anything

I went through 4 phones--including the initial phone that I bought--in a matter of 3 months.
The inside of my 4th phone smelled like it was burning...
It consistantly froze each morning after charging EVERY DAY because the battery would barely last 8 hours.
The touch screen was not always responsive.  it seemed to work when it wanted to.  As everyone else said, it would restart randomly.  I also encountered the phone freezing when i would be replying to a txt msg.   I do know peple that have this phone that absolutely love it and have not had a single problem.  Unfortunately I was not one of them.
I have since switched to the Samsung Rogue.  Although it has only been 5 days, I am having better luck.  We will see what the weeks ahead hold...LOL

Pros

• great camera
  • love the favorites quick touch
  • user friendly

Cons

• battery life--HORRIBLE
  • touch screen needed to be callibrated frequently
  • phone frequently froze

pittwrestler125
posted on 27 Sep 2009, 11:12 (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Sep 2009)

nice phone

I had the env touch for a few weeks and overall it is a very nice phone. I like to touch screen and  if you flip it open you have a qwerty keyboard. I had a few issues with memory and it wouldn't read my memory card at times and i would have to remove it and put it back in. Battery life isnt the best but when powering two screens you cannot expect too much. A tad bit bulky, but overall a really nice phone.

Pros

• 3.2 megapixel camera
  • qwerty keyboard
  • touch screen

• software issues
  • bulky size

ajb4426
posted on 23 Sep 2009, 19:38

Env touch is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive had it for about 2 weeks and i used to have a juke so its a big step up for me. But i love it so much the touch screen is great and the features and every thing about the phone is great. the battrey is not to badthough everyone says it sucks its because the battery has to light and work both the external and internal screens.so dont let the battery get u not to buy this phone.The  touch screen is great barley makes a mistake if ur texting with the external querty.all the features are great-
-trial games
-tools
-music which u can download from ur computer
-camera 3.2 mega
favorites
-document viewer
and a lot more

I love the Env touch and i hope this very much helps u get a a brand new ENV TOUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

• Touch screen
  • almost every thing

Cons

• baterry is great but isnt very good

Texas Girl
posted on 22 Sep 2009, 20:39

Love My Phone

Had my phone for about 3 months nowI absolutely love this phone, it takes awsome pictures, it's very easy to work, overall great phoneOnly had it to freeze up on me once, and restart twice since I bought it.The picture was taken with my phone

Pros

• Takes great pictures
  • easy to handle
  • easy to navigate through

Cons

• Not enough themes
  • sometimes the touchscreen doesn't slide like it is suppose to

koswalt
posted on 20 Sep 2009, 21:24

nice keyboard and touchscreen is great. Batery life is a little bit better than the old voyager but not uch. The multitab browser is pretty cool to. Not near as many apps are out for the phone as i thought saying that it uses close to the LG dare firmware. BUT with all that being said my phone tends to lock the screen up after it shows "Full CHarge" and then you must restart the phone. It tends to randomly restarts at LEAST 3 times a day. SO you have a smaller, more sleak, powerful phone than the Voyager, but quality of the systems firmware needs a deff. update soon!!!!

Pros

• nice keyboard, Dolby Digital headphone jack is an A+++++

Cons

• battery life depleats over time, random shutoffs are annoying. Phone randomly locks up

DeHe
posted on 20 Sep 2009, 15:38

Something with all phones...

You should never, ever let any cell phone battery die. Lithium Ion batteries (which a ton of the newer cell phones are nowadays) lose their ability to hold a charge if they are ever completely discharged. This means that if you phone dies because you let the battery run down all the way, there is a good chance that it will never be able to hold as much charge as it did before. Don't let your cell phone battery run down past 20%. http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/lithium-ion-battery2.htm

That being said, my wife's LG Touch is randomly shutting off or restarting itself too. It is less than 2 weeks old.

Pros

• My wife loves the touch screen, the features, the reception is good and the phone is clear.

Cons

• Phones should have kinks like randomly rebooting worked out before they are released to market.

EnVTouchHater
posted on 13 Sep 2009, 10:02

Env Touch is Average

Ive had the phone for just over 2 months and it was fine for the frist 30 days. Then the first day after i could have returned it for a new phone my screen started freezing and started having a mind of its own. and when i went to verizon no one belived me about the problems with the phone. as long as you only use the inside of the phone, it is a good phone.

Pros

• Inside Keyboard
  • Large Screen

Cons

• Touch Screen
  • Ramdom Freezing

ihateverizon
posted on 10 Sep 2009, 00:28

mixed emotions

when i first got my phone (my lg voyager had an issue with charging and the verizon store gave me the env touch) i absolutely loved it! two months later however, not so much. my touch screen is consistently off or unresponsive, it shuts itself off at random times, the screen has frozen numerous times and the battery life is quickly becoming bad... i do everything i'm supposed to do to keep my phone happy & healthy, but it doesnt seem to work. i'm getting frustrated really quick because other than my voyager not charging anymore, i had absolutely no issues with it. i wish there was a way for me to get it back, or get one that will work. every time i take it to the store they tell me the touch screen works!! ugh.

Pros

• all the features, the keyboard is easy to manipulate, takes great pictures

Cons

• touch screen becoms unresponsive quickly, the battery life doesn't hold up, it turns itself off randomly

R
posted on 27 Aug 2009, 20:41

Ehh it's okay

I got this phone a few days after it came out and i have now had it for a little over 2 months. It already randomly shuts off. I have yet to drop it or do any serious damage to it. Also when i am on the phone the front touch screen freezes so if i were to need to put in numbers while on the phone i would have to open up the phone. I'm contemplating on whether or not to switch back to my old phone just because this one keeps acting up. I also have a friend with the same phone and He says the same things happen to his enV touch. The battery life is also very low. If you let the battery die and then charge it and turn it back on, the phone goes back to factory settings. So you have to reset it all the time.

Pros

• The touch screen, games, Internet, contact memory, music player

Cons

• shuts off randomly, music pauses when you have texts opened

LG rocks!
posted on 27 Aug 2009, 16:08

very cool voice comand!

I love how all you have to do is hit a button and you can tell it to go to your pictures or tell it to call someone and it takes you right to it!!

posted on 27 Aug 2009, 16:03

I love this phone!

Over all this phone is great! Alot more advanced from the envy 2. I really like that i can seach the internet and zoom in and out..Pictures are way more clearer. like how you can add up to 15 things to put as your shortcuts and media. when your texting someone..you can see what you said and what they said, all on one page.

Pros

• Great camera..3.2 megapixel
  • HAS A FLASH!!
  • great keyboard..buttons spaces out so you can text.
  • touch screen
  • you can move the tab for you short cuts up and down
  • heavy phone(bulky)

Cons

• not enough display themes to choose from..boring display themes.
  • BATTERY LIFE...

Bryan Bolden
posted on 26 Aug 2009, 14:33

Verizon Best Phone (LG enV Touch)

Overall the enV Touch is a great phone, the keyboard is roomy and has a strong backlight, and the music software is the best I have ever used on a phone. But there is also some issues with the touch screen, such as when you are in direct sunlight, the screen will be all but unusable, and when you are using your phone throughout the day, and with its extensive feature list, this is very probable, you will be lucky if the battery lasts you one day. But cons aside this is one of the best phones Verizon has to offer, and the enV Touch has done a good job of distinguishing itself from the myriad of other touch screen phones in existence.

Pros

• Amazing recieption, Touch Screen, QWERTY keyboard, call quality and everything besides the cons

Cons

• Can't add words to the T9 dictionary, hard to see in direct sunlight and the battery = (

Ed
posted on 26 Aug 2009, 12:11

Battery Life

I have average use of Texting and viewing pics etc... and charge the battery every 4 days.  The phone is on all the time as I use it for a wake up alarm as well.  No real issues here.  My wife and daughter charge theirs more often as they have constant use.
Just very upset with Verizon customer service in getting the phone replaced within 30 day due to the handset speaker not working on incoming or outgoing calls.  Verizon customer service asked me to take it into a store for testing and said they would replace it with a new one from the store.   When I got there they wanted to charge me $70.00 and have it rebated back to me because I ordered it from Verizon online.   I am having Verizon ship me a new one and have filed a complaint with the CEO.

Pros

• Love it mostly

Cons

• handset earpiece not working after 3 weeks. Plays songs, ringtones etc through it but no sound when connecting a call. The other person can hear me but I can't hear them. Speaker phone inside works fine and can hear calls with headphones but not handset speaker.

22AD
posted on 26 Aug 2009, 12:01

enV Touch

This phone is definitely a nice phone, coming from a previous Samsung Glyde owner.  I've had this phone since June 26th, and I'm having a good time with it.  The touch screen on the phone can be a little wonky...sometimes i find myself using the phones keyboard instead of the virtual phone, but in a sense that would be one of the good features of this phone. If you want a virtual qwerty, you have it.  If you want an actual qwerty, you've got that too.  The battery being somewhat useless sometimes is something that I can handle, perhaps with the next installment in the series (if there is one..)  They'll work to manage the problem.  all in all, this is a fantastic phone!

Pros

• Big and Beautiful external and internal screen, much improved from the Voyager
  • MP3 player is amazing.
  • other features (document viewer, visual voicemail, and so on) can rival that of some smart phones

Cons

• touch screen will wonk out sometimes
  • random restarts (i'll connect that to the battery life)

Taylor Jones
posted on 17 Aug 2009, 15:53

I have had my enV touch for about three months now and I think it's a great phone, but there are some things I don't like about it. The touch screen on mine gets a bit off, and when I callabrate it it still doesn't work right. like when i'm texting with the touchscreen or trying to open up an app. it will vibrate but not open it. it really gets frustrating.

Pros

• Great QWERTY keyboard
  • Big screens
  • Music player
  • HTML browser
  • Durable

Cons

• Bad touchscreen
  • Restarts Randomly

Phil
posted on 16 Aug 2009, 13:18

GREAT

I have owned this phone for almost two months now, and I've got to say what a great phone it is. I always get tired of a phone and get a new one if i can but i think I'm going to stick with this one for a while. The two screens are easy to read and BIG. texting is a breeze on the inside QWERTY but using the touch screen can be a pain. The T9 is weird, it doesn't save the words you use, so your stuck with the ones that come with the phone. Like if i want to type "knotts", it doesn't have it in the phone memory, so i have to put it in myself, but when i want to use the word again, its not in there, kind of a pain. The touch screen is very responsive and easy to use, the menus are pretty good. The camera takes wonderful pictures outside, I've used some for my computer screen and only seem a little pixeled. Inside shots seem a little to dark and not that great. The flash is to bright on "close up" shots. Video capture is pretty good, reminds me of the Dare, but lacking the cool "slow motion" feature, like on the Dare. The overall form factor is a great, its a little bulky but comfortable in the hands. Internet usage is pretty good, not as intuitive as the iphone (of course) but great overall. Great, Great phone and i definitely recommend this phone to anybody :]

Pros

• Everything else

Cons

• T9 - doesn't save words
  • A little bulky- not a Big big deal.
  • Restarts sometimes, but that happens to all LGs

derek
posted on 14 Aug 2009, 10:41

EXCELLENT PHONE!!!!!!!

THE env touch is a good phone. i have had it for over a month now and whats not to like about this phone. the touch screen is very good and responsive, the qwerty keyboard is clicky and fun to use and and also very easy to use. the buttons are nice and big, just right for my fingers. the camera is better then my other phone. the only bad thing is the volume of sound. i wish it could be a little bit higher but oh well.

Capital P
posted on 07 Aug 2009, 19:51

Same as Voyager minus a few minor details

Personally never owned this phone. Have used it, though. I own the Voyager, which is essentially almost 98% the same. The only 2 BIG differences between the Voyager & the enV Touch is the Mobile TV & the camera flash. The enV Touch lacks that, but is it really a necessity? Overall, if you don't need the TV (or the flash), perfect choice. You want the TV (and the flash)? Go with the Voyager.

Pros

• Finally has a bloody flash.
  • QWERTY keyboard
  • HTML browser

Cons

• Haven't really noticed any other than no Mobile TV