LG enV Touch User Reviews

Display5.9/10

Donjo
posted on 23 May 2010, 11:38

Terrible

Worst thing I've ever owned. I have had 7 already and Verizon refuses to let me switch to anything better. I have gotten 2 in a single 24 hour period. With the Verizon representative saying "You must've gotten a lemon" just like the previous 6....The touchscreen is possibly the worst thing about the phone. I like textile feedback which i realized after its impossible to look away from the phone without looking back to seeing something you never thought was possible to type. Trying to edit your text by placing the cursor is impossible. Battery life is bad as well. I have charged it 4 times without using it. Which brings me to my next point of through the 6 before the one im stuck with...all have had random battery life. One would drain it in a matter of minutes of being off the charger some would last a day. I just have no care for this useless and frustrating "phone"

cassieo33
posted on 17 May 2010, 17:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 May 2010)

Wasted!

So i got this account just to tell you how much i hate this phone! Of course its beautiful and the keyboard is amazing. But its too big and it barely fits in my pocket!! Secondly it always calls people even after i continoosuly lock it. Third : THE BATTERY LIFE SUCKS!!! Listen here i text moderately and this phone is just the worst battery life ever.  It dies litterally in 2 hours and i dont even look/ recieve pictures or videos.... Its just horrible so now i have to spend another 50 dollars on a new battery thanks. FOurth: MY TIUCHSCREEN DOESNT EVVEN WORK!!!!! I dont even use my touchscreen anymore and no matter how hard i try IT DOESNT WORK! it agrivates me so much! Oh and whenever i turn my phone off the backround resets itself!

Pros

• Great design
  • Camera quality

Cons

• BATTERY LIFE
  • Touchscreen

ihate352
posted on 24 Mar 2010, 18:45

I love this phone

I love this phone this phone so much, it is easy to navigate, I love the flip to text thing too, very innovative. I don't think I want to switch phones when the contract is over. A lot of people siad that this phone has problems, but I haven't encountered any so far. The Keyboard is large so it is good for people who have big hands like me. The only thing I have problems with is the customizing, I wish the LG Env touch had more customizing features, other than that great phone, you did good LG and Verizon :]

Pros

• Qwerty keyboard which has large buttons
  • Touch screen is responsive

Cons

• Not enough customizing features

posted on 11 Mar 2010, 16:43

At first it was a good phone, but then after a few months it just went crazy. I won't get replies to messages for an hour, and then when I do, it takes another hour to get the next one. I waste all my minutes in calls because thats the only way my phone gets the messages. So I decided to take it to Verizon, and they said that was weird, so they replaced it, and then I got a new one. It was okay for three days, then started doing the same thing as my original. Maybe this is just where I live, but I have friends with this phone who have the same problem. One friend has messages that you canceled sent every time you exit out of something. Other than those problems, it is an okay phone. It needs more themes, needs longer battery life, and the camera flash tends to white out your pictures. It has an average keyboard, and the call quality is average. The touch screen works well, but the screen protectors don't work very well.

Pros

• Good Camera
  • Good Touchscreen
  • Good Keyboard
  • Good Touchscreen Keyboard

Cons

• Bad Battery Life
  • Bad Flash
  • Bad Screen Protectors
  • Tendency to not receive messages
  • Programming
  • Front Buttons Get Loose
  • Strange place for Symbol and Shift Keys

posted on 08 Mar 2010, 13:52

So, I've had my EnV Touch for about 10 months and here is what i've experienced with it thus far: The phone is by far the best one Ive had to date with my last phone being a Helio Ocean (Ocean was a Pioneer phone in its day). I love the screen to keypad transition giving me the option to type on the go (not while driving of course...lol), or sending a well thought out txt. The Touch is very user friendly with various options to choose from setting up your message alerts to adding a ringtone mp3 via bluetooth (which is another awesome feature). Since most of the reviews on here pretty much described the pros and cons of this phone I will only mention how sturdy this phone is. I was moving furniture up 3 flights of open air stairs (outside) when i finally reached the top of the third stairway my phone fell out of my pocket and fell down at least two of the 3 flights of stairs. Luckily for me it fell on its back with the internal screen open, which i thought the front screen would have been cracked but to my surprise it wasn't and not only that, once i rebooted the phone it worked seamlessly!! I was completely shocked and impressed, this phone has been through the gamut yet it still runs properly like the first day i purchased it. To sum things up, great VERSATILE phone for the price. It's not a smart phone but a smart txt phone ( I dubbed it first...lol).

CK
posted on 25 Feb 2010, 09:24

Great Phone in every way BUT not a smartphone.

Great phone in EVERY way....you can't go wrong. The screen is great. The battery lasts plenty long and the speakerphone is great as well.

The camera takes great pics and check out  the panorama feature...totally cool..and useful. The videos are pretty good too...it is not a camcorder.

Great keypad for heavy texters and for you parents that are never able  to tell your kids "no" to anything.

Haters get a life ...this is not a smartphone.

• Speakers..for a phone
  • Call quality

Cons

• A little heavy
  • (SUPER PICKY MINOR COMPLAINT):
  • Space bar is too small, Shift key is on wrong place and sentences should always start in Caps.

joeker
posted on 25 Feb 2010, 05:05

so sxc

this phone dosent only look good it makes you look so coll all of my friends are so gelouse (idk how to spell) but the cameras flash is a bit strong but u can turn it off ezy. most of the features are simmilar to other phones the only prob i have is its too expensive for a teenager and there the people who buy phones i wish is was on prepaid hope this helps peace.

Pros

• my body on urs phone sx

KevinC
posted on 09 Feb 2010, 11:45

This phone sucks

Absolutely awful phone. The touch screen is absolutely worthless (yes, I've calibrated it...many times). Only 2 out of 10 times will it actually open what I touch. If I touch a recent call or contact to call them, the things just starts scrolling.

I like the QWERTY keyboard and the screen resolution is great....when it works. The camera is good, but you can't use the flash because it's SO strong, it completely washes out everything.

Horrible phone. Just horrible.

Pros

• qwerty keyboard

Cons

• everything else

best phone
posted on 05 Feb 2010, 18:23

BEST EVER

This phone is the best fun ever!!!!! Ive been through the enV3 the dare and this fun phone is the best so far. Please get it if your reading this it has a great camera. But the video camera is a little fuzzy. Great Qwerty keyboard great 3.2 mega pixal camera and easy to get around with. Ive had this fun for a year and i found it to be the best. The front greats finger prints real quick. but the phone is great GET IT REALLY NO JOKE!!!!!

Pros

• the whole phone the keyboard the camera the touch screen the buttons on the keyboard

Cons

• NO CONS

Anonymus
posted on 03 Feb 2010, 07:12

AWESOME

Nice phone! Great camera! Touch screen! QWERTY keyboard! One of the most beastly phones i have ever owned and i have owned a lot of phones, but this one stomps them all! Great, spectacular, awesome, smexy, phone ever! It is also my familys' favorite, too! They all have the LG enV Touch!

Pros

• What it says in description!

Cons

• None!

deven
posted on 30 Jan 2010, 23:47

env touch sucks

i have had the env touch since june 27,2009. i have been thro 2 of them. It shuts down and delets everything. it freezes to the point you have to take the battery out.I would honestly kill for a different phone. im SO UPSET WITH VERIZON!!! this phone sucks and i will never reccomend this phone to anyone

Pros

• good camera

Cons

• it just sucks

iPhone-Lover1337
posted on 24 Jan 2010, 21:49

OUTSTADING

Just by using this phone for 2 hours it was a phone worth to buy my other phone sucked. The 3G on the phone is outstanding. I would say this a great first phone for any Verizon customer by any means necessary do not get the Motorola Droid, I recommend the Droid Eris, the iPhone will soon be out on the CDMA network soon after the 2010 keynote. But I still say the accelerometer on LG enV Touch is amazingly quick and the touch screen is very responsive. I give it a 50 thumbs up for this phone.

Pros

• Touch Screen, Accelerometer, Keyboard, Web Browser

posted on 14 Jan 2010, 07:26

i love it

i just got this phone and i think its awesome. before this i had a very cheap and basic flip phone from lg, and i decided to upgrade to this. i love everything on it the touchscreen is nice and responsive the flip keyboard is really nice and spaced out, although the qwerty keys on the touchscreen when sending a txt can be hard to use because they are a little to close. also the internet is somewhat quick, and very nice to have, but can be a little confusing zooming in and out and scrolling around the page. also i noticed sometimes while on the internet it will freeze up for a few seconds but its not a big deal. so overall i really like this phone its a nice phone to use if you never had a touch phone before.

Pros

• almost everything!, touchscreen, sound, keyboard, easy to use!

Cons

• a bit difficult to navigate around web pages, other than that its an amazing phone!

Pleased Customer
posted on 05 Jan 2010, 16:31

Considering it is not a smart phone, it is AMAZING!

I have been using this phone since July. So far, I haven't had any problems with this device. I would like to put this out in the open: this is not a smart phone. People are expecting to much from the device. I would like to clarify that it does not shut off or restart randomly. I have not found it to have bad battery life. It usually lasts me 2-3 days or if I am playing many games and sending many text messages, it will last me at least 1 day. I enjoy using the Visual Voice Mail program, which makes listening to the messages I want to hear easier. You do not have to go through all the messages to hear one in the middle. I like the game Need for Speed also. Threaded messaging is great. Photos and videos come out clear. The shortcut menu is awsome. It also has a huge inside screen and spread out keyboard. This device is extremely customizable! I am pretty careful about dropping the phone, so it is holding up very well. All-in-all, considering it is not a smart phone, it is great. I love it.

Pros

• 1-3 day battery life
  • picture and video quality
  • screen resolution
  • keyboard is spread out
  • solid feel
  • customizable
  • best non-smartphone web browser
  • ease of use
  • responsive touchscreen

Cons

• this is very minor, but the contacts could have a slot for birthdays and first and last name and other details.

Mei Ming Cornue-Hollander
posted on 28 Dec 2009, 17:28

AMAZING PHONE

I got this phone for christmas. -----Day 1 - charged fully then activated took of charger at 12:30 died at 5:45Day 2 - took it off the charger at 12 and it died at 8:45Day 3 - took your charger at 11. 5 min of usage. was off till 12 died at 10:15Day 4 - unplugged at 9 at 2:12 down to 3 bars at 3:25 down to two. now at 6:30 still at 2 bars.I know that I haven't had it for very long. But I just wanna prove that you have to charge it by computer and the battery will get better. Day 1 - lasted 5 house and 45 minDay 2 - 8 hours and 45 minDay 3 - about 10-11 hours Day 4 - 10 hours and still running. YOU HAVE TO BREAK IN THE BATTERY. OKAY. DO IT BY COMPUTER CHARGE IT WHEN IT IS OFF. BUT COMPUTER REALLY HELPS. IT FROZE 3 TIME ON THE SECOND TIME.

Pros

• The Touch Screen
  • Inside Qwerty KeyBoard
  • Chain Texting
  • Battery is Good

Cons

• Sometimes Re-Starts

posted on 21 Dec 2009, 17:38

this is the worst fone i have ever had sucks more than the voyager also it has a terrible touch screen and breaks and freezes every day i am on my 3 one its sucks i wish i got the flip fone because it broke in the middle of a phone call and the screen glitches alot turns purple and the sometimes white and i have to take it back to get a new one mine just broke today

Pros

Cons

• sucks isnt good

posted on 19 Dec 2009, 22:33

Good Phone.....Get it if you want a nonsmartphone

I like the phone i have had it for a while........I enjoy in it........One down side is the battery it is a little bad and i wish for more themes......Other then that for it not to be a smartphone I like it alot!!!!!........I like all the ways you can text except for I wish there was a keyboard like with the contact & music  "search" and it has a weird T9 hat doesn't memorize............But that is a minor want....hahaha....(Maybe on an update).....GREAT PHONE!!!

Pros

• -Threaded Messages
  • -Good Browser
  • -Good Design
  • -Great Texting Phone
  • -Good Calling
  • -Many features

Cons

• -Battery life
  • -Wish Lg put more thought into certain features
  • -Certain feature you have to pay for =[

Staceyxxrenee
posted on 14 Dec 2009, 21:57

Very awesome phone

This phone is a very good phone, overall. I had the Voyager before this one, and they're somewhat similar, but the Env is alot better. I like that the spacebar is in the middle. The battery life is HORRIBLE! I bought an extended battery, it works great! lasts about 4 days at the most!

Pros

• - Touchscreen is good
  • - Favorites & shortcuts
  • - Camera is great

Cons

• -Turns off and on randomly
  • -Flash does not work up close (within about 4 feet)
  • -Themes
  • -There's noo such thing as apps!
  • -Internet is slow
  • -BATTERY=HORRIBLE! Buy an extended one!

slavik
posted on 09 Dec 2009, 18:22

hate the touch screen part

phone is alright only in the open mode.

touch screen absolute trash 1 out of 10
try to reply to a text it wont type what you want it to.
scrambles words.

thinking of downgrading to a lower model
the Env3

i had this phone replaced 2 times.
3rd one they said they will give me the env3

everything about the touch screen sucks about this phone.
you have to click the message or dial tab 5-7 times in cold weather.

Pros

• nice speaker
  • large screen
  • keyboard

Cons

• touchscreen and everything to do with it!

B. Taylor
posted on 26 Nov 2009, 15:04

Major flaws take away from many of the good features....

I have had the LG enV Touch for about four months. At first I was very pleased with everything about it, but slowly I began to dislike it. At first, the only problem I had with it was the short battery life, but I could deal with that as long as I had my car charger or made not to use it excessively. Slowly however, it began to go downhill. Because I live in a relatively sunny area and it was bright when I first got it, I never really used the flash. But I began to take more pictures I noticed the problems with the flash. At night, there is not enough light to take a photo without the flash so you must use the flash. But when I use the flash on my phone, it is too bright sometimes and not bright enough at other points. This makes the photo either too bright or too dark. As far as texting goes, I love the QWERTY keyboard. it is awesome. But the touch screen one is unresponsive and often laggy, which causes me to mess up my texts. Often times wen I send texts, the message will come over with random letters, numbers, and symbols. Then if the message is fine, it often arrives much later than I sent it. Also, like many people have stated, there is no way to add words to the dictionary. Before I got the enV Touch, I also used my iPod Touch, like I do now. Even though ti was not a phone, the apps were amazing and allowed it to pretty much be a phone with WiFi. The apps were fun beccause many companies focused and began to produce affordable,...

Pros

• -Good texting keyboard (Not touch one)
  • -Good sound quality when not on speaker phone
  • -Camera is good when not using flash
  • -Not enough apps, those that are there are pricy
  • -Clear display
  • -Easy to navigate when using the inside, not touch

Cons

• -Touch screen is definently not responsive compared to other phones, especially iPhone or iPod Touch
  • -Touch not heat activated touch screen
  • -Too big
  • -Turns on and off frequently
  • -Flash is less than satisfactory
  • -BATTERY LIFE (Lasts anywhere from 2 hours - 12 hours, typically closer to 4-6)

jds3939
posted on 24 Nov 2009, 15:04

Not all that..

When i first got this phone a little over 5 months ago, i thought it was the best. But now that i have had it for a while, i see that it is not that good.First of all, touchscreens are not very good after you have them for a while. I highly recommend NOT getting a touchscreen. They start to get laggy after a while and they always call people when they are in your pocket. You would think the lock would prevent this, but it does not (at least not on this phone). And then sometimes i have to spend about 10 seconds continually pressing the same 'button' on the screen before it responds.Also, the flash on the camera is way too bright for taking pics of anything that is 4-5 feet away or closer. It glares off the object and the picture looks horrible, if visible. The main problem is that sometimes, the phone will turn off for no reason and when i turn it back on, ALL of my many shortcuts are reset!!! this is very frustrating and sometimes happens frequently.Although there are many bad things about this phone, it is still ok, although i don't recommend it**IF YOU WANT A GOOD PHONE, GET THE ENV3!!!! THAT HAS ALL THE GOOD PARTS ABOUT THIS PHONE W/OUT ALL THE FLAWS**

Pros

• -QWERTY keypad
  • -3.2mp camera w/flash
  • -Big, clear display
  • -Good to use while flipped open

Cons

• -Size (big)
  • -Touchscreen isn't very good
  • -Turns off and on randomly
  • -Shortcuts reset themselves for no reason
  • -Flash does not work up close (within about 4 feet)

K.V
posted on 22 Nov 2009, 22:31

loosing faith in LG phones

after having had 4 replacement voyagers when it what time to upgrade reviews looked good so i took another chance on LG touch screen phone big mistake. I've had the phone since late aug. IT restarts, both screens go black and unresponsive, battery life is the worst charger all night wake up sent a text or make a phone call down to two bars, touch feature is lacking most alot of the time unresponsive, and the T9 feature is the worst i've ever used it doesnt remember word or that it is actually in T9 mode.  there is so much wrong with this phone i wish i had not wasted  my money

Pros

• screen size
  • cam/flash
  • keyboard

Cons

• battery life is the worst
  • touch screen feature - unresponsive
  • freezes up

posted on 19 Nov 2009, 19:38

This phone is a pretty good phone. I got it for free after my 6th voyager broke.  The env touch is definitly better then the voyager. The env touch has a good touch screen and respons very well when I use it/ The qwerty keyboard is just amazing, the keys are soft and have perfect spacing. My voyager keyboard was loud when you pressed a key and hard. The design of the phone is very cute, it may be a little big but compared to the voyager its kinda small. Teh sound quailty on the phone is extremely clear, i love it. The fun has enteraining things to do like drawing, games, and music. The threaded text messaging is great too :) The camera on this phone is awesome! It has flash :) There is also a feature that detects smiles and one that you take a picture of a business card and then saves the info in contacts. The camera has editing on it so you can edit and videos and pictures without having to go on the computer! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that it has a 3.5 headjack! I love listening to music and when I don't have my ipod or when I don't feel like bringing my ipod I can listen to it on my phone it's just often. I don't like how there isn't any good ringtones on the phone but however i like how you can record your own sounds and use them as ringtones. I also dislike how there are only to themes which aren't very pretty.  Favorites on the phone is helpful but I don't use it that much. I like how you can drag gthings onto you homescreen :) the memo widget is sooooo helpful....

Pros

• So many

Cons

• Themes
  • Ringtones

phonaholic
posted on 14 Nov 2009, 15:43

its good;but the flaws.... :(

i hav had this fone for about a month now and at first it was great...i loved the features, the camera, and the keyboard...the internet and mobile IM was the best from all the fone i had so far, too...but about a week ago, i was invited to my friends party and i left my fone in one of my ugg boots...i had turned it off because it had one bar left and i wanted to save it but it turned on by itself and i didnt know...since it is touch screen, it started by itself and reset everything and erased all my pictures and contacts...when i went to the verizon store, they told me this had never happened before...i was dissapointed and traded my fone in for a new env touch...this one now resets everything every time i turn it one, and everytime i press the down button, it blacks out and shuts down...this fone sort of sux and i sort of regret getting it...i should hav gotten the rival or the rogue...

Pros

• keyboard
  • internet
  • music
  • brightness

Cons

• restarts
  • has lots of flaws

posted on 12 Nov 2009, 18:18

Poor Quality

I have had this phone for a little over a month now and have had to replace it because it would not read my micro SD card.  The card was good and worked in my son's phone.   The touch screen doesn't work consistently all the time and I have to keep opening the phone up to use.  The battery doesn't last long even when not in use.   I wouldn't buy the phone again but unfortunately have about 22 months left in my contract.

Pros

• Sleek Design

Cons

• Touch screen is touchy
  • Very short battery life