LG Vu User Reviews

Napman1976
posted on 24 Feb 2011, 16:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Feb 2011)

YUCK!

Napman1976 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone was a carry over when I left Verizon and joined AT&T. It was good the first couple of days..but I found myself using a stylus to text because the screen keyboard was too small for my fingers. Extremely sensitive and it made me feel like this phone was made for young girls between the ages of 11-14. I immediatedly replaced this POS with a new contract with Verizon and a way better phone. Shame on you LG!

Build quality 2/10 Yuck

Pros

• Was free with a new contract

Cons

• Crappy design
  • Crappy touchscreen
  • Crappy keyboard
  • Crappy sensitivity
  • Crappy accessories
  • Crappy battery charge
  • Crappy TV
  • Was outdated a month it came out

Carlzzz
posted on 18 Jun 2010, 10:41

Bad, BAD phone.

It seems that half of the people who have this phone say it's better than the iPhone, and the other half hates it. Well, it's safe to say that this is absolutely the worst phone I have ever had. The touch screen constantly freezes up and won't respond even after turning the phone off and back on. I had full battery and made a phone call. It was literally twenty-three seconds before my phone died. After you've had it for more than eight months, the battery life is crap. Some people have amazing battery life with this phone, but everyone I've met who has a Vu has the same problem I do. This phone is NOT for texters. While the touch screen can OCCASIONALLY be responsive, I've found that I have to tap to the right of the letter. Another thing about the touch screen is that only some areas of the screen actually pick up on the tap. My screen is responsive everywhere except the bottom, which is rather sad because THAT'S WHERE THE MAIN MENU IS LOCATED. Another thing that happens is that the phone heats up waaaay too much. It could seriously burn someone, and it has in the past.Some people love the TV function, but I don't. I was not interested in this function, so I didn't buy it. But since the TV button is directly next to the menu button, I always hit it on accident and get charged. I would not recommend this phone for anyone. It seems quite nice until about eight months in, when it becomes a horrid phone.

Pros

• -lightweight
  • -TV function if desired
  • -relatively nice call sound

Cons

• -horrible battery life
  • -really small letters, bad texting phone
  • -overheats
  • -unlocks in one's pocket
  • -inconvenient TV button placement
  • -can't set recorded sounds as ringtone
  • -really horrible picture/video/sound quality, as well as no flash

squirtgraham
posted on 16 Jun 2010, 11:46

Worst Phone...stay away from this phone!!!

Ok last year I was ready to upgrade to a new phone for AT&T so I thought hey this lg vu looks nice. well i was wrong. It was perfect for about 3 or 4 months then problems began to happen. The first problem i had was that the vibration went out on the phone. So i called ATT and they are so under experienced they had no idea what to do except to give me a replacement so once i got my replacement everything was good until about a month or two later when the phone began to just shut off by itself and then not be able to turn back on for nothing. So we called the retards at Att again and once again they have no idea what the problem is so they send me yet another replacement phone. I have had this replacement probably about 2 or 3 months now and like all the others it worked fine but now it will turn off by itself once again but if i try to turn it on the att screen comes on and just sits there for about five seconds then it blinks and does it all over again. its been doing this for about 2 weeks now so im probably gonna have to get another replacement. this phone sucks never get it!!!!!! you've been warned.

aford6
posted on 27 May 2010, 18:15

Save your money!

this is one of the worst phones ever. its nice to have a touch screen, but now that everyone offers them find another one! this one isnt worth the trouble! ive had my face burned and they refuse to replace it or acknowledge the problem. also the phone constantly calls the voicemail while your on the phone! A WASTE OF MONEY. IM SUPRISED THEY HAVENT BEEN SUED OVER THE PHONE!

Pros

• Touch screen

Cons

• -phone get extremely hot
  • -wont hold a charge
  • -calls voicemail during calls

Nancie K
posted on 06 May 2010, 12:17

Good little phone...

I bought the LG Vu around Thanksgiving last year for $100 with a $50 rebate. I wanted a qwerty phone but not a data phone.. and this was what was recommended. At first I thought it would be more than I really cared for, to a point it is, but after using it for 6 mos now, I really like it. I don't use the internet or download crap to it so I can't speak to the easy of use with that. I use my PC and a Micro SD card. It takes some time to get used to the orientation of the touch screen and there are some things I'd like to change on it (i.e. max number of messages before it's full, address book organization, ability to delete the built in ringtones/wallpapers.) but over all I think it's a good little phone and haven't had any major issues! However, a few weeks ago I dropped my phone in water by accident, stupid me kept pushing buttons and shorted it out most likely.. I got a used one on ebay (like someone else here mentioned) because I liked the phone a lot and AT&T wasn't about to replace it nor was my contract ready to renew to get a deal on a new phone. At any rate, the replacement phone I've phone gets very very hot while in-use where I don't recall my original new one doing so. I've read a number of blogs and this is oddly a usual occurrence?!  This has me a little worried...

Pros

• Lightweight.
  • Touch screen is very sensitive so there's no tapping hard on it.
  • Sound and camera exceed expectations.
  • Ability to add up to 8gb of memory.

Cons

• Limited messaging space in memory.
  • Address book could be expanded a little to allow for more numbers, info, etc.
  • T9 dictionary for text gets annoying.

posted on 30 Apr 2010, 01:46

LG VU

Honestly, i can say that i love this phone.  i bought mine used off ebay and found a website dedicated to this phone and works great. touch screen is spot on for me, even though some of the buttons are kinda small and i hit the wrong thing sometimes.  dont use the mobile tv so cant really comment on that. even with a 2 mp camera, it still takes great photos and videos.  the ringtones etc sound great and i really dont have any complaints.

Pros

• great sound, good camera, sleek design, etc etc

Cons

• only thing i can really say is a con is some of the buttons on screen is a little small.

amy1018
posted on 03 Mar 2010, 23:02

wow

This phone was awesome for the first week I had it. I've now had it replaced by warranty twice. The 3rd phone works better than the first 2 but it still sucks. I like the idea of it but LG's plan was not well thought out. Although it is better than the Quickfire.....

Pros

• small, you can watch tv if you choose to

Cons

• my tv application turns on and off by itself, the charger doesn't fit properly, touch screen barely responds, small icons can cause you to open incorrect functions, can't change text ringtone, my alarm sometimes chooses not to go off when set

posted on 27 Dec 2009, 14:22

OK phone, but not impressive

I've had this phone for six months now. It is a decent basic phone. Call quality is good. I haven't used any of the internet features or watched television on it.Touch screen sensitivity is very good, but the tv button is located in a terrible spot and can be easily pressed with no intention.It takes a while to get used to the QWERTY keyboard. Once you get the hang of it, you can text quickly. I have small fingers, though, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone with big fingers.The microSD slot is located in an inconvenient location, behind the battery. You have to turn the battery off every time you want to access it. Also, the phone runs extremely slow if there is too much data on it, like music or pictures. The camera, on the other hand, is quite decent. The quality for the most part is clear.Overall, I wouldn't recommend this phone to anyone. At first, it was a good phone, and I was impressed with it.  After a while, the touch screen gets old and it runs slower.

• Call quality

Cons

• Sluggish
  • MicroSD card slot
  • Music and Gallery apps

denise m sipes
posted on 04 Dec 2009, 13:04

2.3

this miserable p.o.s.

i got the vu as a valentine day gift from my husband  and like others i loved it at first for maybe the first month or so  now after being replaced 4 times it still is the worst phone ive ever owned,  repacement number 1 got so hot that it burned my leg   called at&t and the customer service was more of a pain in the ass then the phone  after going through all the problems i had  with the phone which besides the overheating  i had dropped calls  if i call something which asks to press 1 the phone automatically calls voice mail and the other call is dropped,  people cannot hear me and often i cant hear them  it sounds choppy and at times the echo is painful,  i told this to the first csr at at&t  they put me on hold and after 10 minutes i was switched to tech support,  went through the rigamaroo with them,  which took another 20 minutes  was then told to hold they would put me through to handset support   explained the whole thing yet again  and mid call was cut off   called back and had to go through the same bullshit again      finally was told they would replace my then brand new phone  but with a refurbished one   i said what the hell im not sending a refurbished phone it was then only a month old    ive went through this 4 times  im now on my 5th refurbed replacement    i asked at&t if...

Pros

• ha ha ha what a laugh what are pros when it comes to the lg vu

Cons

• too many to list

Aubree Shuey
posted on 25 Nov 2009, 17:37

Hated it ever since i bought it!!!:(

This phone is the worst phone ever me and my stepmom where able to get new phones this year and this one was supposedly a GREAT phone but once i took it out of the box I knew that this phone was going to be junk... The touch screen is so small, it should have a slide out qwerty keyboard, the phone always hangs up on you for no reason. This phone is junk DON'T but it.

Pros

• design

Cons

• phone, keyboard, touchscreen, everything

posted on 25 Oct 2009, 01:26

Worst phone ever

I have had this phone for 7 mos and should have returned it as soon as I got it. The battery gets hot when you charge it or even if you just talk on it. Then the speaker went out i couldn't hear anything , and i went and got a replace ment and it automatically mutes its self  about 2 mins into the conversation. texting is almost impossible. RUN AWAY FROM THIS PHONE!!!!!!!

kyle
posted on 17 Aug 2009, 18:49

its been outdated

Do not buy this phone it has been outdone by the samsung eternity and the lg xenon. the main problem i have is that the touch screen is too small for my fingers dont get me wrong i can still use it but it is really hard to do that. if u want the tv feature just get the samsung eternity don't get this phone because it is cheap. there are many other phones that are better if u are a texter i will never recomend this phone the lg xenon is the same thing but with a qwerty board if u can manage the touch screen size. the call quality is very good but it is the first phone that i had a problem with call volume when calling someone on a different carrier especially verizon customers. this phone is close to the day when they are going to discontinue it. the main thing that attracts people to the phone is the tv feature but the screen is too small to see that for most people. the antenna is supposedly unbreakable but i almost broke it not one but two times. another good thing about the phone is you can search your micro sd card for anything on it. anyway if u want something like this and you are on a budget get a samsung eternity
in conclusion i do not recomend anyone this phone even as a budget phone

Pros

• tv
  • no software/firmware problems

Cons

• screen size
  • touch screen accuracy
  • soon to be discontinued(not official)
  • texting

Kathryn
posted on 16 Aug 2009, 12:43

2.3

Trust me, this phone sucks.

First things first, I am a teenager. I text rather than calling. It isn't easy to text on this phone, what so ever. I still have troubles and I have had it for over 3 months now.  Also, it has "suggestions" for texting. So, if in a previous sentence you used the word "the" it will show the next word you typed after that. But, If you press the space button the word will show, sometimes you just want to space instead of the word, that word after "the" will still appear. The camera is broken, I have only dropped my phone 3-5 times. The camera does not have a flash, and it takes crappy quality pictures/videos (when my camera did work). The back of my phone, where the camera is located, has gotten so hot that it burned a part of my finger. It is not easy to call either. You could press the numbers all day, and if you don't use your finger properly to press down on the number it will not show up. So, overall I hate this phone.

Pros

Cons

• Text messaging.
  • Calling.
  • Camera.
  • etc.

HJS
posted on 11 Aug 2009, 10:55

POS

This phone is total c**p.  Three months into having one, the touch screen is totally random and useless for text messaging.  You press "t" and "c" will pop up instead.  It's a nightmare to do anything with.  Drops calls more than any other phone I've had. Touchscreen suddenly developed an under-the-plastic oily looking sheen (greenish/red wavy lines) and since then it's garbage.  It hasn't been wet, dropped, or any other sort of shock, it just went to crap virtually overnight.  Worst phone I've ever owned.

Pros

• Cutesy little Dick Tracy/James Bond wrist-radio antenna for wannabe double-naught spies

Cons

• It's con all the way down. Total crapulence.

Dahlton
posted on 31 Jul 2009, 15:15

LG Vu

This is def. a fun phone for anyone who loves a good quality touch screen. The screen is NOT heat sensitive, and so if you choose to, you may use a stylus. Although the phone has no flash, it takes decent pictures. The battery life is pretty good and the option to drag the clock around the home screen is neat. The phone comes pre-loaded with about 5 demo games, which is also nice. Def. a great phone for the price!

Pros

• Touch screen is supper responsive.
  • Easy to navigate.
  • Loud speakerphone.
  • Loud alarm clock.

Cons

• No accelerometer.
  • No flash on camera.
  • No push email.

clark
posted on 10 Jul 2009, 07:19

I luved it when I got it..

The LG Vu was excellent when I got it in June '08.  I got it when it was still a pretty new phone, before the mass production movement began and you could get then 2 for a $1(lol).  My phone has just started to give me problems(will no longer charge, internal speaker is hinky at times) while, friends who purchased the same phone later on when it became very popular, have had multiple problems with theirs and have since replaced them.  The camera is ok, as far as low mps go though I wish the video clip recorder was longer.  It holds all my music with the added 4gb micro sd card I installed. I enjoy the TV feature whenever Im stranded somewhere and need a little entertainment.  The screen has recently began to freeze up but, only momentarily.  But, after over a year of heavy texting and general wear and tear, I cant blame it.  In general, its been a pretty great phone for me.  I will look for all these features again when it comes time to replace it in the near future.  Only feature I may add to the list is a full qwerty keyboard.  Im just an old school texter.  Ive had the Nokia 9300 and the HTC tilt before this.  I just prefer a keyboard, I guess.

Pros

• Touch screen
  • TV
  • Satellite radio
  • Music player
  • Held up rather nicely after a year of heavy wear and tear

Cons

• Freezes up on occasion
  • Cannot accept all websites on web browser
  • Will restart itself on occassion when internet browsing

posted on 25 Jun 2009, 00:45

Worst Phone ever!

I bought this phone about 7 months ago, and about 3 months after I had the phone is when it started to go to crap! The touch screen is horrible. I can no longer navigate on the phone what-so-ever. I can not access any buttons except the bottom four buttons, but when I open those menus I can not do anything except hit the back button. I've tried plenty of things to try and fix this problem but nothing has worked. The only thing that helped the problem temporary was to throw the thing across the room... for a couple of months that actually worked. The picture quality is decent, but not the best. And the video quality is horrible. If you are a texter, don't even think about getting this phone. And if you are looking for a phone that is quick, this isn't the phone for you. It takes FOREVER to load up my music and pictures. I can put the phone to load my music jump in the shower and get out and it isn't even done yet. When the music does finally load, it isn't very loud. It almost isn't even worth it. Then when you are scrolling through the music, don't even think about hitting the back button... it will take another 15-20 minutes to navigate back once. The internet navigation sucks, and don't think about using the keyboard method to enter the URL page, it will just scramble the screen. The scroll bar is way too small, it is difficult to scroll up and down on the page due to that. A friend of mine HAD this phone for about a month, before he had to send it back. He went back and worth...

Pros

• The weight and size.

Cons

• Horrible touch screen, horrible navigation, horrible for texters, horrible internet functions.

lola
posted on 20 May 2009, 18:59

pretty bad

This phone was the worst phone for me. Its touchscreen was not as responsive as i wanted it to be like the dares. the keyboard sucks on this phone i made mistakes even after i got used to it.. i usually took the haptic feedback off wen  texted. (worked muchhhhhhh better). There was no customization on this phone! No banners, good display themes, fonts, just wallpaper and butterfly & fish wallpaper?! the battery was not good on this phone either. it only lasted about a day to 2 days TOPS. the camera was gorgeous tho! the videos would blur as most phones do wen yu watch them. not really a big deal but i wanna see the aspects of the video. overall, dont get this phone get a different one like the iphone or a keyboard phone at&t has.

Pros

• gorgeous camera
  • okay battery life (not the best)

Cons

• hard to text
  • bad touchscreen
  • no customization whatsoever
  • blurred videos wen yu watched it
  • drained battery life

Zennax
posted on 15 May 2009, 09:55

Garbage

I have had this phone for less than a year and I have had to send the phone in 4 times for repair.  The phone will work for 1 day and then callers cant hear me and I cant hear them.  Then after being repaired it comes back the same thing but only worse the camera doesnt work.  I would never recommend anyone purchasing this phone as it is a piece of GARBAGE!!

Pros

• nothing good about this phone

Cons

• the list goes on

QW3RTY_7
posted on 06 Apr 2009, 18:39 (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Apr 2009)

3rd phone, First Touch

This is my current phone at the moment. It's a ok phone to start touching stuff. lolTouchscreen:it isn't as responsive as the iPhone. which is a good thing for me anyways. I hate that you press one thing and then next thing you know your in the self exploding menu and you accidently hit OK. You can change the setting from having it vibrate when you touch something or make a sound. To get around the menus is a breeze, however the QWERTY screen is NOT. but i've grown accustom to it. Its good with the internet ( AT times) Depending on where you go on the internet, some of the things are a bit small to hit, but thats a good thing that you can zoom in and out to do that though. :) Overall for the Touchscreen 5/10. Seems fair.Camera:The camera comes with a 2.0 megapixel Auto focus. not bad. it takes decent photos. It comes with image editor. Crop it, Resize, Sepia, etc...  It doesn't have a flash, which sucks. Dedicated camera button.  It has macro and night mode,and a self timer up to 10 seconds. Overall for the camera 6.5/10 ( For me flash and megapixels are a biggie.)Media Player:It's ok. Nothing to brag about. Clarity of the speaker is good. You can make playlists, Ect... Overall for the Mediaplayer 7/10Hint: not a good idea to mix if the battery sucks.Menus and Miscellaneous:There are 4 themes to the phone. 2 of them i know are interactiveable. The onxy one is just black. no wallpaper and i forget the other one. You can recieve emails, watch tv Mobile( the main feature)....

Pros

• It's Sleek
  • Touchscreen
  • Image Editor
  • Lightweight
  • its has TV! :D
  • 3G Capable
  • 2 Themes are interactive
  • 3'' Screen
  • Speakers OK
  • internal Memory is good size
  • Micro slot

Cons

• Battery dies kinda quick
  • Memory is in the battery
  • Takes forever to load the memory card
  • No Flash for camera
  • Flimsy

posted on 23 Feb 2009, 12:38

OK FOR WEB, NOT TEXT

i was one of the first to get this phone and i loved it at first, but after a while of useing its a cheap phone. ive had att for ever and ive always loved them but im not to excited about this phone. the first phone the speaker went so that i couldnt use speaker phone or listen to music. so after i got that replaced the new one is kinda just falling apart. dont get me worng this is a great phone for the internet the 3g is amazing but not for texting, the screen will get stuck 1/2 between reg. text and 1/2 between qwerty keyboard.as the texter i am, i wouldnt recommend this phone .. personaly im going for either the matrix or quickfire.

Pros

• VERY LIGHT
  • WEB BROWSER
  • CAMERA FEATURES WERE NICE

Cons

• KEYBOARD RANDOMLY DOESNT WORK
  • KINDA CHEAP MATERIAL
  • TOUCH SCREEN CAN GET TESTY
  • CANT SAVE MESSAGES
  • MICROSD SLOT IS BEHIND BATTERY

Bev
posted on 15 Feb 2009, 07:47

This is the first touch screen phone I've ever had, and I really like it. The menus are easy to navigate and all the features are fairly easy to find. My husband has a Samsung Eternity and some features are kind of hard to find 'cuz the menus are a little confusing. I like the virtual qwerty keyboard, the touch screen is just the right sensitivity, scrolling is easy. I don't use it for the internet much, but the couple of times I did it was easy. I don't watch TV on it even though that's this phone's big feature. I think this is a great phone. It has a 2.0 megapixel camera which takes decent pictures. There's no flash, but if you want a flash, get a CAMERA!

Pros

• Lightweight
  • Touch screen sensitivity just right
  • Easy to navigate menus
  • Easy to scroll
  • Camera easy to use

Cons

• Doesn't give much warning when battery's dying, it just dies!

Travis
posted on 10 Jan 2009, 11:07

Decent for a multimedia device. Mediocre for a phone.

I already found my dream phone, which I will review eventually. But I went over to AT&T just to check things out and got the LG Vu for experiment purposes. Nice as it is, I wont keep it. Apologize in advance for my pics. Am using an 8 year old camera (which works suprisingly well compared to many modern cameras) and never learned much about photography. I do know I need better lighting but I dont feel like setting all that up just for an informal review.
BUILD:Slick. I never thought a phone was "sexy". I think girls are sexy, especially their toes. But phones are just "easy on the eyes" or "not easy on the eyes" to me. I do think this phone is nice though. Its an iPhone ripoff to be sure, but I like it better. Its much slimmer and lighter. Glossy black plastic body with a silver rim.http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/zoom.php?h=3030Its a simple bar design and quite thin. No sliding keyboard or anything. Almost all functions are done on the touch screen.Solid feel all over, but its certainly not a durable phone. The whole thing is a fingerprint magnet and I suspect the screen may scratch easily. I hate cameras on phones but this one is flush with the back and you will never notice it during normal handling. http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/shortylickens/01_OverallSize.jpgThree sides are blank, the right side has a single data port which also handles the charger and wired headphones (included). Right side also has a small volume rocker, dedicated camera button, and lock button. http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/shortylickens/02_SideView.jpg
Front...

mm
posted on 07 Dec 2008, 18:10

A great phone

It has a nice look, great t.v. reception, it is easy to navigate, has an average camera, plus many more.

DLB
posted on 01 Nov 2008, 17:00

LG Vu is a phone not a toy!

I traded a 3G iPhone for the LG Vu.  I'm not sorry one bit, the sound quality is 100% better than the iPhone.  The battery on the iPhone would not make it through the day, this one has gone two full days and still showing a full battery.  The touch screen is fine, after adjusting it to your personal touch.  The camera has a optical zoom and editing program on board.  Features of the phone are outstanding.  After 16 years of owing cell phones this is without doubt the best phone I have owned.