LG Voyager User Reviews

Internet3.5/10

Ahmed
posted on 09 Jan 2008, 16:23

have it

the phone is the best because i have and i also love its features i know its like the iphone but i text really fast with it becuase the keybord but i have troble with the space bar

Mr. Verizon
posted on 08 Jan 2008, 10:16

5.2

Well I work for Verizon, and I have for some time now. The Voyager will never be an iPhone. its not even worth the comparison. sure ATT isn't the greatest but neither is the voyager

Joe
posted on 08 Jan 2008, 09:24

Grammar, spelling and punctuation seems to elude many of you.

Like the phone though. I am happy with everything except the fact that you can't set a custom TxtMsg tone for individual contacts. That is, however, a feature that is missing from all new Verizon phones, not just the Voyager.

Godfather-182
posted on 30 Dec 2007, 01:28

well...

ive had the voyager for about 3 weeks, the phone works good. no tech problems so far. the camera is 110% AMAZING. the touch screen can be frustrating sometimes, and thats what my problem is. when it comes to needing a quick text, the touch keypad can get annoying. the inner keypad is easy to use. i love the tv, great for being bored. the internet is good looking like a computers, but its so slow. games are fun to play, so is music. i used to have a treo 700p, and i loved that phone. between the two, the voyager is pretty sweet with features and stuff, but im a big texter and internet browser, and the treo 700p (to me) is possibly the better phone.

spread love
spread peace

bruce
posted on 28 Dec 2007, 12:47

severe disappointment

I really wanted to like this phone. I waited for it to be released only to be disappointed and annoyed by the function or lack of. The screen locks between each entry which requires multiple additional imputs to reach your desired goal. Retrieving voicemail also requires additional screen unlocks. The phone would answer calls even when I designated "ignore" which allowed the caller to overhear my conversations when I thought they were in voicemail. The phone also hung up on calls if my face touched the screen during the call. Lets see, you have to continually unlock the screen when it is in your palm, but it randomly reactivates when at your ear. It also decided to "un-sync" with my auto bluetooth, never to be able to re-sync again. This phone is possibly the single most frustrating and unacceptable cell phone I have ever owned and I have owned cell phones since the original motorolla Brick in the early 90's. I sent it back after a week.

MAXXWRAP
posted on 22 Dec 2007, 18:18

outstanding

Voyager is the tightest touch sensitive phone verizon brought out however...the one i got isn't black anymore...its all because of maxxwrap.

Brian
posted on 19 Dec 2007, 21:10

not what i expected

Pros: keyboard, screen quality, sound, coolness factor, touch screen
Cons: web browser, verizon plan, difficulty with touch screen

I recieved this phone a few days ago, and even thought i do like the phone, i am going to exchange it for a different phone tomorrow.

To start with the pros, i think that the qwerty keyboard is the best feature of this phone. It makes text messaging and e-mailing much easier to do. I also think that the brightness and vividness of the screens are awesome. The touch screen is good to have, but i find it difficult to use. Going through the contact list can be hard to manage, with a lot of contacts, and no buttons to use on the exterior of the phone to scroll, i find that it takes a long time to get to the numbers that i want to use. Also, even though the majority of my text messages are coming from the inside screen, i have tried to send messages from the touch screen, and this is very difficult to do. Many times i am unable to hit the right buttons, and it takes me a lot of time to send texts messages from the touch screen. So, for someone who is on the go, and does not have time to stop and use the qwerty keyboard, or use two hands and both eyes to use the touch screen, this phone can be a bit difficult. Lastly, i am very disappointed with the web browsing. I have found that it is difficult to navigate web pages, and it is also quite expensive. I have only been to about 15 web pages, and i am already getting charged 6 dollars. (1.99 per megabyte...

Sarah
posted on 16 Dec 2007, 21:33

i finally get to post

I have been shamelessly lurking these forums since I got word of this phone months ago... sadly, on the 21st was driving home and by the time I made it to the store they were all out of the Voyager!!!

I have now had it for about a week and I DO love it...

Pros:
- beautiful design
- keyboard easy to use
- sounds amazing from the inside speakers
- touch screen is amazing too, very responsive and easy to use
- I am pleased with the "customizable" aspects of the software
- the camera - love it, great options menu, night shots so far have not been a big problem, lots of modes and resolution options.
- the whole thing is easy to use and the screens are stunning in clarity and color
- touch QWERTY - i heard it was only for the browser... BUT you can ALSO use it for instant messaging, this is super great for a msging addict like me and its very easy to use, and very correct
- scrolling through the menus is not a problem for me, it takes some getting used to (tip: hold your finger DOWN as you're scrolling, if you simply flick up lightly, it might think you're selecting something)
- the art that comes standard with this phone is great, like the animations, those are pretty neat
- you can automatically set your photos/music to go to your phones internal or external memory and it is easy to transfer them once they have already been cached in those memories.

Cons:
- when the phone is closed the ringer is not very loud! where are some outside speakers?! even little kind-of-crappy ones...

Doug E.
posted on 15 Dec 2007, 17:02

4.6

Eh...

Eh.. I have an iPhone and was considering changing to VZW as most of my family, who live all over the country, use VZW and calls would be free. I know some people have said that they are tired of every new phone being compared to the iPhone just to be validated, but c'mon, lets be honest - this phone is aimed squarely at those considering the iPhone! I used VZW before I got my iPhone (about a year ago) - I still can't believe how pokey and counter-intuitive their UI's still are (even on other VZW phones too)! The touchscreen falls a bit flat. Its more like my old Treo than the iPhone. I think we will see a bunch of new and hopefully improved touchscreen phones coming in '08, from all carriers and manufacturers. This is only my opinion, but the Voyager still isn't enough of an argument to leave the fluidity, the intuitiveness, and the coolness of my iPhone.

PeteMed
posted on 13 Dec 2007, 16:52

Sure. I'll call it the iphone killer...

I purchased this phone about 2 weeks ago and I feel that I've used it enough in all its capacities to make a fair assesment on this device.

Many people say that the iphone and the voyager aren't meant to be compared due to their respective strengths. I happen to believe that they are very much comparable! Understandably, the faux-revolutionary cell phone notion stems mainly from the "i" in the iphone as apple myopically seems to be the icon of the cool and hip, while in the long run, product care proves to be a convoluted and an inconvenient process whereby even replacing important parts and accesories (i.e. batteries), require you to relinquish your device, leaving you stranded for days or weeks without a phone!

The LG Voyager is not only sufficient, but surpasses expectations of what a phone should be! Superficially, the phone is a joy to look at and hold. The phone itself is quite sleek. It's not too bulky and I don't have gorilla hands! Online pictures just don't do it justice! People who see the phone are instantly intrigued by its' likeness to the iphone (errrg). But at a closer glance, the multimedia access like loading and playing movies or music from your memory card is as easy, if not easier than the iphone! Not only that, but the fully functional QWERTY board truly sets this phone apart from the iphone. But enough about comparing the two...

The touch screen is very responsive. Despite it being pressure sensitive and not heat sensitive, it none-the-less responds...

David
posted on 13 Dec 2007, 06:46

Great phone with a couple flaws

I have had the LG Voyager for a couple weeks now, and it's a wonderful phone. I will try to be objective here, and not compare it to the iPhone, because while the iPhone has definitely raised our expectations, I don't believe everything needs to be compared to the iPhone to validate its legitimacy. First, the design: It's a beautiful phone to look at and feels well made. The screens have the same, beautiful, resolution inside and out. My only quibbles with the design of this phone are the lack of a flash the inclusion of three keys at the bottom of the exterior of the phone. The send, end, and clear keys are, I feel, somewhat unnecessary as you can perform almost all their designated tasks, with the exception of voice activation, using the touch screen. A single key at the bottom that would take you back to the home page and would activate voice commands when held down for a couple seconds would be a nice alternative.

The LG Voyager also has a myriad of features, and seeing as it was not designed to be a smart phone targeted at the corporate business users, the LG Voyager comes very close to being a perfect, well-rounded entertainment phone for the everyday customer who would like high-end features. Using the touch screen was a very nice experience, helped by the addition of haptic feedback, until I tried to scrool through menus or the web. Scrolling with your finger can often be very difficult because the LG Voyager tends to misinterpret your finger movements slightly,...

Tech Dude
posted on 05 Dec 2007, 16:24

WOW! that's new??? Not realy it's just a twist on awesome technology. touch screen and keyboard blend. If you try this phone and you like PDAs and the keyboards your going to love it.

Jeremy MM
posted on 05 Dec 2007, 16:11

I'll take one

I Would say that bar none that the voyager is the best sudo PDA on the market. It takes the best of both worlds from normal cells and PDAs and melds them into one awesome phone. To sum it up in one word, Options. From having a 2meg camera and it's expandable to it's Vcast TV/ Video options and Html browsing this phone gives you an unique experiance. I love this phone.

Dub
posted on 04 Dec 2007, 15:39

Wow

Need I say more than wow. I finally got my Voyager on Sunday 12/2/07 and guess what...I love it.Suprised? No I mean come on its a LG and its on Verizon's Network which we all know Verion is the best out there. If it werent for the Cingular-AT&T Merger a few years ago we wouldnt even be comparing these two companies. Anyhow this is a review on the phone and this Voyager is no doubt the best phone I have ever used. I went from the XV6700 to the Voyager and boy am I glad I did. This touch screen is great never needing an alignment and very responsive (especially if you use a stylus)The Web looks even better than it did on my 6700 and that was a PDA and its very fast using Verizon's evdo speeds.Plus It has the Qwerty keyboad which is great. We all know that its easier to enter text on the keypad than all touch screen so I dont have to say anything about that. I will just gt this phone and I bet bet your first born that 9-10 people will give this phone a high rating.

Hi-Tech
posted on 04 Dec 2007, 15:14

Best of Both Worlds

Let me first say that this comparison with the I-phone is point less. So what if you think that the I-phone is better or if you think that the Voyager is better the fact is that these are both great phones and are raising the bar for future phones. The Voyager is a non smartphone so it serves a different purpose than that of the I-phone and it delivers. Its touch screen is very convient and works really well and it also has the keypad so if I need a faster text entry its perfect especially for messaging. Its html web browser is very fast and it works very well. I love the memory because I listen to a lot of music and the stero sound great (especially when it is open). The best thing about this phone is that it is a vcast phone not a smart phone so I can get aceess to the music, web, and add the vznavigator all without adding the $44.99 data plan and if I did want to add all these features its like $15 for vcast and $9.99 for the gps nav. Folks thuis phone is great so dont listen to these low reviews because not one of them can tell you why they gave it a low review because they just did. I just cant wait to see the next phone that Verizon and LG comes up with.

jenna
posted on 02 Dec 2007, 14:16

voyager way better than the iphone

i actually have the voyager and my friend has the iphone.
its is a really cool phone once i got on it i couldn't get off. the internet is very fat and you can zoom in and out and its way faster than the iphone my friend enters a site put it down for a minute then goes on it agian, she even said she would of got the voyager instead the the iphone if she can.
the keyboard is very easy to use i never click the wrong botten, but on the iphone its very hard to use. plus verzion has the best network never one dropped call.
people just say the voyager is not good becuase they cant buy it.

Chris
posted on 30 Nov 2007, 00:58

Be creative and it competes

I purchased the new LG-VX10000, Verizon's new "Voyager", a.k.a., the I-Phone killer on it's opening day, November 21st. OK, I was totally blown away with Apple's I-Phone and being a huge fan of new technology, I wanted one. But, alas, Verizon and Apple couldn't agree on terms, and my I-Phone hopes were dashed in an AT&T blitz. Being a long time subscriber and loyal fan of Verizon's service, I found myself searching for the proverbial "alternative" ( IE: the apples vs. oranges ) analogy. To my great excitement, here comes LG and the mighty Voyager. Reviews and leaked specs seemed promising, and I was anxiously awaiting the debut. So here we are, the date of my review, November 29, 2007 and I have had the phone for a mere nine days. My take on all the hype: this is NO I-Phone, but it's not really supposed to be. I took my time with this "phone", read the manuals, and tinkered with the features. My frustrations were most abundant with the interface, software and web browsing abilities. The main problems are with the touch screen. The screen on the Voyager, one of 2 by-the-way, is smaller than the I-Phone. This makes scrolling and manipulating the web pages very cumbersome and frustrating. You can calibrate the sensitivity, but it just doesn't work like the I-Phone. Having control and traveling through a website is miserable. Here is a clever trick though that I haven't heard anyone mention. Find yourself a small stylus, like from the Nintendo DS, and use that on the screen instead...

guy that pre-ordered
posted on 25 Nov 2007, 02:58

MY OPINION + I ACTUALLY HAVE THE PHONE!

ok, lets start off with w00t i LOVE THIS THING!!! its really easy to use the first time i got it i had some trouble using the touch screen but then i realized that its pressure sensitive, unlike the iphone which is touch sensitive... it feels REALLY durable so it wouldnt break if we used too much pressure..MUSIC QUALITY IS AWESOME! Best is to open the phone and use the speakers that way...but even with the phone closed it still sounds really good..i have a few problems with the internal part of the phone...i keep getting this buzzing sound.. but im kind of use to it because my Nintendo D.S makes that sound and a couple of my old phones...what i would recommend is to bring the phone to a local verizon wireless dealer..tell them ur problem and have them send you a new one..i recommend doing this as soon as possible, because if the new phone has problems as well you can still return it, because of the 30days policy.. but remember the 30days counts with the 1st phone you receive.. MOBILE TV..WOW..its great..but you need to have your antenna out or else it laggs..i used mobile tv during my camp out for black friday..LOL!.. the picture quality is VERY good also..but i dont like it as much because there is no flash..but during daylight, the picture comes out EXTREMELY GREAT..the web browser is a bit slow but if you really need to use it, you will have the patience..it takes about 10 to 15secs to load a screen..i guess im just to use to my computer which only takes like 2 secs..you cant...

Taj
posted on 24 Nov 2007, 09:29

Not the answer to the iPhone...

iPhone this, iPhone that. Truely people just like seeing the school yard fight so to speak. Listen, this is not VerizonWireless answer to the iPhone. Honestly the iPhone is cool, well to be honest, it's really just has a cool touch interface. Everything else about it there are phones that can do much of the same thing. That phone would excel on another network,(VerizonWireless) Being on AT&T's network is the eqivalent of Michael Jordan being on the L.A Clippers's roster. Great player wrong team. Great phone wrong network.

Now, this is not LG or VerizonWireless to the iPhone. This phone is something else. The combination of touch and qwerty is daring but it is pulled off flawlessly. It's bluetooth support is on point, tethering, printing pictures via bluetooth, phone book transfer via bluetooth, and the list goes on. Another thing that won some brownie points is the fact that you can watch TV on the device... need I say more. Vcast sells itself. Feature wise this device is on point. The only thing I hate is the auto lock that comes on only after being 14 seconds idle. But, you can actually switch that feature off or on. So it's cool.

Though, I see some arent satisfied with that, so I guess i have to compare on some level with iPhone. Okay you asked for it. Both can do 8G of memory, but the voyager's is removable. Both have a 2.0 mp camera. iPhone has a better touch interface. Voyager can do live GPS navigation with voice, can do live TV, tether. Both supports a full web browser....

Voyager!!
posted on 23 Nov 2007, 17:28

first i would like to say if you are comparing the iphone to the voyager there is a discussion board on this website for this debate an arguement. This is meant to tell about the voyager not which phone company is better.

I wanna start by saying that I live in Arizona and anyone can vouch for me when i say verizon has the best coverage out here and people are constantly ending thier contracts with att because they don't have the coverage in arizona, not only that this isn't a debate on which company has better service because Verizon is number on in the country its a review on the phone.

The voyager hands down is great, just like with any other phone it does take a while to get use to.. with all the functions whats not to love. Instead of getting a smart phone to have the full blown web access you can just get the vcast and have the full web page on the voyager. You can also watch tv. I have played with the touch screen and it is very managable. For anyone who is looking for a cool phone with lots of gadgets and an eye catcher, this is definitely the phone to go with. 8gb of expandable memory gives you the freedom to do multiple multimedia options on your phone.

Everyone knows and loves the env the voyager makes an amazing upgrade!

Tak
posted on 23 Nov 2007, 02:12

So many idiots on this website...

I just got this phone yesterday and I think it's AMAZING. I don't know why people won't take this phone for what it is rather than compare it to the iPhone. First of all the LG Prada had a touch screen before the iPhone was even mentioned, so let's get that out of the way. Second, I've had no problems with the touch screen, it has worked pretty much perfectly for me. The only annoying thing is the Unlock feature where you have to keep hitting the bottom left corner to unlock everytime it's idle for 14 seconds. Other than that, how can you go wrong with up to 8 GB of memory for movies/music, V Cast Vidoes and V Cast TV, and the the mobile web worked pretty damn fast. Not to mention I have a GPS Navigator feature that gives me accurate driving directions (with voice) and tells me exactly where I am!! And for you iPhone owners that are on here hating, the iPhone doesn't have a full QWERTY keyboard like this does (MAJOR issue for people that text/instant message). In the end, this phone doesn't do some things as good as the iPhone... but the iPhone doesn't do some things nearly as well as the Voyager.

Joel
posted on 22 Nov 2007, 13:03

give it a chance

I stood in line on opening day to get one of them, and at first I was a little disappointed. It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get over the learning curve with finger movements and such it works incredibly. The vx9800 and 9900 as well as this phone are not intended to be PDAs, so if you want it for business then it will disappoint. What it does better than most is camera, video, music, GPS, games, and texting. I picture this baby on a horizontal mount for my dash when I'm in my car. It's almost like VZNavigator and the touchscreen version of the music player were made for a dash placement.

I will say that the best upgrade for this phone over my vx9800 is the camera/video recording. That 2.8 screen looks absolutely amazing when you're playing with the stupid camera. It also records video as long as you have space on your card, which means you could go for hours if you're that strange.

It isn't an iSuk killer, but it'll keep people from jumping ship and swimming over to AT&T's hell. It does much better than the iPhone in some functions, and falls short at others.

korg
posted on 22 Nov 2007, 12:34

great phone for the average person.

okay okay. there are some iphone users here that might not like this phone cuz they love the i phone. thats understandable. my take is this phone is great for the average phone user. it an mp3 player when you work out. 2 different options when you text. of course the web enabled stuff. plus the outstanding memory capacity of "8" GB. the ringtones are loud (if you have normal sounding tones that are not recorded low). i just bought this phone couple days ago and i am sastisfied with it. this is definetly the best phone that verizon has to offer. it has everything you need. it looks classy on the outside when your at a meeting but when your out with your friends you open it up and its a quick texting frenzy like the kids do. now for the things i dont like about this phone. the size is a bit to bulky for me. they should of shaved it down a bit more for a slicker feel. as for the camera there is no flash on it but i guess the camera settings make up for it. now like i said i just bought this phone and i probably didnt do my options correctly but when i go to youtube i cant see the video. its asking me to download flash player to see it but i cant download it. thats about it for me so i give this phone a solid'"9". it does everything i need and more. GREAT PHONE.

Same
posted on 21 Nov 2007, 23:58

AWESOME!

This phone is so amazing, of coarse it isn't at good as an iPhone, but it is definitely the best thing that Verizon offers. And on the iPhone texting isn't all that easy. I don't have an iPhone but I have the iPod touch. Which is pretty much the same thing. And you mess up a lot on the texting. But on this phone you have a whole QWERTY keyboard. That comes in handy.

Peter
posted on 21 Nov 2007, 21:59

5.6

t's OK but better things are coming.

I got it today and have been playing with it. It is definitely NOT a iphone killer. The push to unlock button on the front is very annoying but maybe there is a way to shut it off. My biggest gripes and scrolling though the contact list just works poorly. And the side button does not move the contact list. Either the phone doesn't respond to my finger movement or it selects one when I just wanted to scroll. Maybe the firmware will be improved but my friends iphone works 1000% better. Also moving around on a browser page is very difficult. This is really a warmed over envy. It seems that LG rushed this together when Verizon pushed them to do something like the iphone. LG is a great phone manufacturer so I would think that in 6-12 months they will really have a iphone killer but then again apple is not standing still. Also the plastic holster does not hold the phone firmly as it can fall out very easily. And the leather pouch which holds the phone horizontally is nice but you would never feel the vibrations in that mode. I would say a nice try but no cigar. I will return it in a few days and go back to my 8300.