LG Voyager User Reviews

Text input4.5/10

Bama
posted on 16 Jul 2008, 14:06

I really like it!

So I broke my LG Envy, which I loved for the QWERTY since I'm a texting maniac and replaced it with the LG Voyager. At first, I looked at the Venus, but had heard that it just wasn't that great.
The day I got my Voyager, I was super confused on a few things, but consulted with a friend of mine on how to work the contacts feature. SO COOL.
I love this phone and my friends love playing with it. So far so good!

Carol
posted on 13 Jul 2008, 20:15

I thought it was ok

So I upgraded my contract with verizon and decided to get the voyager, got it, it worked great but then after a few days I found glitches; my screen would freeze and my phone would restart, then a few days ago I tried to use the browser and it shut down my phone and restarted. I liked the quality of the pictures from the camera! It is a good phone, but I think Im gonna try the Dare, it's on its way to me and I'm excited to try it out. Sorry Voyager, but one glitch can affect my opinion.

Kristie
posted on 10 Jul 2008, 07:38

4.6

Not For Me

I received this phone a couple of days ago, and I am exchanging it for the LG Chocolate. This is too much phone for me. Since I am a high school teacher which does not require the need for mobile email or high tech, I primarily only use my phone for texting and music, so I have decided the LG Chocolate is a better fit for me.

This phone is TOO BIG closed not to mention when it is open, and you cannot get universal accessories that will fit it easily. The excitement of the touch screen wears off in about 5 minutes and then it gets annoying trying to scroll thru menus, etc. I find myself concerned about the delicate nature of the touch screen, and the speaker volume for music with the phone closed is terrible. Texting with word is so much easier that I don't feel the need for the full keyboard. Since I don't do email and mobile tv, I found this phone to be overkill for the average person.

Angel
posted on 08 Jul 2008, 20:55

Voyager Is The Best Lg Yet

This phone is the best phone I have ever had. I've had it for a few months now. It's easy to use, takes great pics, has a very long battery life, even after using for long periods of time. The iPhone is only better in one way and that the weight and dimensions/bulkiness of the phone. The only other complaint I have is the volume of the speaker phone, but it's really not that bad once you get used to it. But all in all this is definitely a keeper!!!

Klare
posted on 08 Jul 2008, 17:46

SUCKS!!!!!!!

The Voyager by LG is the worst phone I have ever had. FYI I have had 8 phones in the past. I absolutely HATE this phone. I hate that I had to get it. It REALLY sucks. Like.. I got my phone the same day it came out. About a month later I had to replace it with a refurbished one because it ended up getting a blue spot on the scree that was very visible, and I figured, why keep this when I payed 400 dollars for it. Well, when I got the new one, they automatically gave it an update and I was happy because I thought I would have the best phone yet. Well.. About 3 months after I got the new (refurbished) updated phone, it started messing up again. It got a blue spot (once again), it started to turn off when I was on calls (in the middle of them!!!!!), it decided it wouldnt no longer let me talk on the phone and charge it at the same time, and to top it ALL off it wouldnt send or receive my text messages. So I called Verizon and the technician had me do all of the usual turn offs and the usual "dial 228" or whatever, and it STILL wasnt helping (I was patient and waited 2 weeks), so I called back and they said I could just walk into Verizon and just get a replacement refurbished phone AGAIN and have them send in my other one. So about a month ago I went in and told the guys there what all had happened and told them what all the technician did and that the technician said for them to give me a replacement phone and take my current one. OF COURSE, they didnt listen. And so instead the guy...

Sky Hi
posted on 07 Jul 2008, 14:13

LG Voyager

The Voyager Rocks! No negitive remarks to say at all, my BF has The Dare and it is pretty awesome too, I'd like to get it as well except i prefer the Voyager's full key pad over a touch full key pad, just because its easier for me personally!

wolftrades
posted on 27 Jun 2008, 01:50 (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jun 2008)

The BEST Lg phone

Dare I say it! This is the phone i sold my iphone for after 3 months...amazing multimedia capabilities including things not found on the iphone and Dare like mobile tv...The browser is amazing, second only to iphone. The qwerty keyboard makes typing a pleasure...who wants handwriting recongnition?

If you are thinking about the Dare, check this phone out first.

david
posted on 26 Jun 2008, 12:15

lg's best so far

this is definatly lgs best phone so far.

i thought the Dare would've been great but it was horrible and i bought this instead.

it is soooooooooooooo much better!

GO LG!

Jay
posted on 22 Jun 2008, 15:41

I have read a number of opinions on this phone and finally after 6 months i decided to try the phone for myself. So far I havent encountered any of the complaints I have heard about this phone and I am using all features available on this phone. I think some people forget that this device is not a smartphone but a smartphone-like device. I wouldnt call it a i-phone killer but a nice alternative to AT&Ts terrible network and terrible customer service.
I tested my phone next to my friends phone in the Ocala National Forest he has AT&T and he had no reception at all and my phone the Voyager on Verizon Wireless I had full reception and did not drop a single call. Very is pricey but i say you get what you pay for, you buy cheap you get cheap.
I love this phone and recommend it to anyone thats looking for some smartphone features but without the smartphone price or plan.
I have only ever used PDA or Blackberry Devices so this is my first regular cellphone on the verizon network in the 7 years that I have been with them and I have no complaints except i would like to see Visual Voicemail ASAP.........

reglvr
posted on 13 Jun 2008, 17:35 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)

ok i guess

the voyager is a good i dea with some setbacks.the phone's touchscreen display is a little small.this makes it not so breezy to touch the right buttons.it is a little heavy because of the keyboard feature which i find to be unecessary. I WANT THE INSTINCT

Anonymous but you should still read
posted on 13 Jun 2008, 01:18

Awesome Phonnnnneeee

I believe this is one of the best phones money can buy.
You don't have only one screen to work with that will get easily scratched up after using it for a couple of months. The enlargened internal keyboard is easy to use and to text with so you don't accidentally hit two or more keys at once. The voice command kinda makes you feel like you're in a car with the SYNC system, so that's pretty cool.
There are a lot of features to work with and the dual internal speakers make it easier for listening to music. The phone has a great signal no matter where you are, too. And now that Verizon has taken $100 off the price, it's the perfect time to get one!!! The camera is great and even though there isn't a flash, you can easily work your way around that. You gotta love it!

posted on 07 Jun 2008, 17:46

Well I just got the Voyager a week ago and I basically can't take my hands off of it. Its got a sleek quality design, much more durable feeling than the new Glide, the touch screen front is really nice and yes you can take off the auto-locking mechanism if you'd like (read your manual before you rip on it). Flipping it open reveals a full keyboard which is so nice for texting. To go with the sweet look, the features of this phone are practically endless for a non-smartphone. The MP3 player with the loud internal speakers are great for blasting your favorite songs anywhere you want or throw on some bluetooth headphones and rock out in privite. The carmera on this phone is also very nice. The clarity of the image is impressive for the 2.0 megapixel camera due to in part by the high resolution screens. The only think I would like to have added is a flash for low light situations and possibly a zoom which isn't available when in the highest resolution setting. The phone also has a web browser, navigation system and mobile TV. Basically anything anyone would want without stepping up to the smartphones. Its very simple to use and very reliable. So don't knock it till you've tried it. Its definitely the best non-smartphone Verizon has to offer and easily rivals the iPhone. I give it a solid 9. Can't wait to see the next generation of touch phones!

A REAL owner of the phone
posted on 05 Jun 2008, 09:47

Pretty Darn Good.

I recently got this phone and I think it is a nice decent phone.
I love the touch screen and If you went to the store and used it think about how many crummy hands have touched the same phone with dirty hands. No wonder its so sensitive. It is a very good touch screen and Im a owner of a IPOD touch so I think that kinda made me ready for a touch screen phone. People who cant use this phone is mostly older middleaged bigfingered people. I would thing it would be better for teenagers that text alot. like me!
Texting is great on it so if you have big fingers it would be better than the glyde which is a cheaper version of this phone. Plus I like when they read the text to you. It may sound weird but when you get a text it'll read it to you.
It gets better signals than my other phone to!
The camera is they best on a phone Ive seen, my mom has the enV and that camera really is kinda bad, but this one has a diffrent features. It took me a while to find the camera button but after I did I found you can open the camera and take pictures with the button. (Which is on the side with a camera on it). It is also cool cause you can make it say "Say Cheese" the takes the picture.
But I would still keep a digital camera.
The size is fine. Everyone says its SO big but truthfully its not...
Lots of people also complain bout the unlock/lock. And you have to touch the button on the screen but really on the side right by the camera button is a slide down button that immeatdilly locks/unlocks...

James
posted on 01 Jun 2008, 17:17

3.8

BAD

DONT BUY this phone it scratches so easily the keys broke off the pad, its cool but so poorly put together and it breaks easily

Marijuana juanton
posted on 27 May 2008, 20:49 (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 May 2008)

well...

I believe it to be a very good phone, but the whole 300-370 is just a bit outrageous. Main reason being is for the new technology that it took for the touch screen and 2 gigabyte cameras are costly, put together, then you add in the material used, all the extras/and/or accesories and many of my friends have actually dropped theirs and by doing so making the touch screen crack, they say it cracked fairly easily actually.

Trevor Widger
posted on 19 May 2008, 18:41 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 May 2008)

Hmmm...

You people just don't seem to get it, it is not an iPhone because it is not a smartphone. I have posted GIGANTIC comments on this phone and you people still think that the Voyager and the iPhone are actually comparable! It turns out they are coming out with a 3G iPhone in June and I will be happily switching to that! (even though AT&T barely has coverage where I live, they updated their service, and 3G will help greatly tower wise) The new iPhone will be 2.5mm thinner and have GPS Navigation. It could also possibly have a better camera (which it could very well use!). Truthfully, if you are able to switch carriers, and are thinking about getting a touch-screen phone from Verizon, wait til' June and get the iPhone G2.

Colin
posted on 17 May 2008, 18:03

Very Happy

I use my phones mostly for texting and the qwerty on this phone is about as good as I've seen, minus the space bar on the side. The HTML browser that it has is nice, but not very fast or useful. The touch screen is lagy, slow, and sometimes hard to use. The sound quality has been great from when I've used it. One of the other bad things is that the only loud speakers are inside, so I have to open it if I want to get a loud sound for music.

AC
posted on 16 May 2008, 21:52

AWSEOME

THIS IS THE BEST PHONE EVER THE SAMSIUNG GLYDE IS A PIECE OF CRAP AND SAMSUNG IS CRAZY FOR "TRYING' TO COMPETE WITH IT THIS THE BEST PHONE I HAVE EVER HAD ALL OF ITS FEATURES ARE AWESOME! BEST PHONE VER DEFINITE "iPHONE KILLER"

Rich
posted on 15 May 2008, 21:20

2.2

Not worth it

I had this phone for almost the full 30 days with Verizon. On about day 28 I was in the store exchanging it for a Blackberry Curve. I bought into the hype and thought this was a great phone. I was definitely wrong.

PROS: Definitely has multimedia capabilities. VZ Nav is pre installed and worked well when I used it.

CONS:
First, if you need to use this phone outdoors, SERIOUSLY CONSIDER ANOTHER PHONE! Wearing polarized sun glasses, the front screen is poor to view and the inside screen is NON EXISTENT. Even without the glasses, I found myself having to constantly put my hand up to attempt to shield the sun.

Email stinks on this phone. With the Mobile Email I was linked to my personal email accounts, but unable to view any attachments.

The calendar application is for kids. I tried to utilize the calendar for work and the calendar couldn't distinguish between available and busy. It also doesn't sync up to a desktop either.

The touch screen is nice but not practical. I am now a firm believer that although touch screens are nice for navigation, a phone definitely needs a keyboard and keypad for dialing and typing. Having to constantly open up the keyboard got annoying.

My average sized fingers were constantly clicking on the wrong icon on the shortcut screen.

The Mobile Web was turtle speed slow. They advertise a full HTML browser, but it's merely one level above the water downed mobile web 2.0 that you get with a plain Jane phone from VZW.

The unlock slide...

dennismc
posted on 12 May 2008, 19:10 (Posts: 6; Member since: 12 May 2008)

nice phone

i have had this phone for 2 months now i must say its a keeper touch screen takes a little getting use to but then its easy. lots of users try to compare this phone to u know what but dont its an excellent phone the only thing the iphone has is the gui thats it.im waiting for the vx9700 dare release in july yes im an lg man previous models include:tm510,vx6000,vx8100,vx8300,vx9900,vx10000

Benjamin
posted on 09 May 2008, 16:34

It's a multimedia phone

If you're interested in this phone you've no doubt read much of the hype, and the nonsense associated with this phone. People seem to think that this phone is an Iphone competitor, and before telling you about this phone I would like to clear up some misconceptions:

1. This phone is not an Iphone, it's not even close to an Iphone. This phone has more in common with the T-Mobile Sidekick than the Iphone.

2. This phone is NOT, I repeat, NOT a smartphone. This phone is a messaging/multimedia phone, much like the T-Mobile Sidekick.

I've used both the Iphone and the LG Voyager, and I can tell you right now that from a technical standpoint, the LG Voyager is not as powerful or polished... however where the Iphone excels at being an MP3 player, the LG Voyager is better at being a phone. That goes without saying since LG has had way more experience in making phones than Apple does.

With that said, I prefer the LG Voyager... why? It offers one of the BEST keyboards that I have ever used on a device. The keyboard is better than the EnV, better than the T-Mobile Sidekick, and better than most HTC smartphone keyboards that I've used. With this phone, you can compose messages extremely quickly, and send them just as fast.

If you want a streamlined device that:

1. Has a touchscreen interface
2. sends text messages and picture messages quickly
3. Takes pictures and records movies
4. browses the web in full HTML
5. gives you turn-by-turn GPS directions
6....

Trevor Widger
posted on 07 May 2008, 16:35 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 May 2008)

I must agree...

I have to agree with you, no one should ever compare the iPhone with the Voyager...but in the opposite way. I believe the iPhone is better than the Voyager (and I own the Voyager). The iPhone's only flaw is that it was signed off to AT&T, America's worst network. Other than that, they are also completely different phones. The iPhone has Wi-Fi and the Voyager doesn't. The Voyager has a video recorder, the iPhone doesn't. The iPhone is also only able to send SMS messages, which means it cannot send pictures, or videos (since it can't even take videos). The Voyager has a tacky, plastic keyboard, the iPhone has an on-screen keyboard (both QWERTY). The Voyager has an on-screen keyboard for certain applications (such as Mobile IM and Mobile Web). I have a friend who works for Verizon, so I too have connections with them. My friend completely agrees with me, the iPhone is better, but not worth buying since it's hooked up to AT&T. I was thinking about buying a Dare, but that is probably just another iPhone knock-off like the Voyager.

Daryl
posted on 06 May 2008, 21:20

Well...

Once again I am a technician at a verizon store and this phone is very good but not worth the price to me and i think it should never be compared to the iphone....if you compare it your a moron...sorry but its true!! The iphone is a much worse phone, i hope verizon never teams with them!!! and I mean never, apple has horrible warranties and the fact asurion wont touch the phone....screw that, the voyager is a much better....this is also coming from a former at&t emplyee before the iphone came out and from my boyfriend who has the phone who has put oalmost 1k in the phone because the first one broke....what a great phone!! Voyager is the way to go if your at Verizon and want something "similiar" but just wait we have a couple great phones coming out at the end of the year!!!

posted on 28 Apr 2008, 19:16

This whole "iPhone vs. Voyager" deal

Many people have been comparing the iPhone and the Voyager, which is NOT a very sensible thing to do! Despite the fact that they both have touch-screens, they are completely different phones. I recently bought a 16G iPod touch to see the difference in software. Admittedly it's not an iPhone, but it's as close as I'll get for the price. They use different types of touch-screen technology. The Voyager uses "Touch-Pad" technology, which is a simple touch-screen that can be used with a finger, finger-nail, stylus, etc. The iPhone uses "Multi-Touch" technology, which senses the warmth of your skin, therefore, it cannot be used with a stylus or even a finger-nail. The iPhone was originally going to be signed off to Verizon but Apple was WAY too demanding. Which is the only reason I was not entirely mad at Verizon. I'm afraid I'm going to have to give this one to Apple, the iPhone is better, but not too much better. Plus, now the iPhone's home-screen is customizable, whereas the Voyager's "Shortcut Menu" isn't even the main access point of the phone, and far away from customizable as it gets. Anyone out there who thinks otherwise feel free to tell me why you disagree.

Bay
posted on 26 Apr 2008, 21:41

awesome phone

ok, I got this phone the day it came out, and I was pretty lucky I was eligible for an upgrade, because $400 is a lot of money (well so is 299 or w.e. i paid) and it's been awesome all 5 months (technically 4 because it was stolen for a month). TOTALLY worth your money! This is only my 2nd cell phone, and after the RZR, this is the best phone BY FAR. I don't see why some people don't like it, i mean the touch screen isn't that hard to work, the only problem is the unlock button on the touch screen, but you get used to it. The touch screen has only froze once, and that is because i got 3 txts at once. But the screen scratches VERY easily. The full keyboard has nice sized buttons and is easy to navigate on. I can switch between the touch and internal screen on the web. I can go on and on.....but my only two complaints are the camera isn't the best it could be (its still insanely good!) and how easily the screen scratches. :]