LG Voyager User Reviews

Camera8.5/10

Cee
posted on 22 Apr 2009, 19:16

Nice phone, BUT....

I love the style of this phone.  It's sleek and sophisticated like myself, BUT I feel a lot of space is wasted on the speakers.  They could have made the screen even biger, maybe 3.0".  The internet speed is very slow on this phone.  If you like to surf the internet on your phone, this is not the phone for you.  I attempted to download Adove Flash, but it did not work.  I was not able to watch videos on YouTube as my friend does on his Blackberry Storm.  Two very different phones, but still.  The other thing I do not like about this phone is that it does not have an internal QWERTY touch screen keyboard.  I would have liked that feature.  I don't always want to open the phone to use the external QWERTY keyboard.  However, you can text using the touch screen with the 9-digit keypad.  The external QWERTY is very spacious compared to other phones.  This is a good phone for guys like myself who text a lot.  Our fingers are bigger.  Those small keyboards on other phones can be irritating.  I also like the Menu controls on the QWERTY, which most phones do not have.  It's located on the right hand side of the keyboard....perfect.  This phone also has the option to read outloud to you the text messages that you receive.  The GPS is wonderful.  Lots of great options on this phone, but I returned it anyway.  I want my phone to have everything.

E, Wheeler
posted on 19 Apr 2009, 08:33

I have a LG Voyager it is a good phone but even if I don't use it much my battery does not last very long and it seems like my screen saver is always on it never goes completely blank, is that my problem with battery life

Kara3344
posted on 08 Apr 2009, 00:09

this phone is a good phone. sometimes its very enjoyable to use-other times i want to break it in half!!! sometimes when im just sitting and doing nothing with it it just randomly turns off... and it has full battery. also when i am having an important call going on for over 20 minutes it just randomly turns off too. some other thing that ticks me off is that sometimes it unlocks in my pocket and calls people, or sends a random text. other then that its a great phone so i give it a 7.9.

Pros

• key board
  • loud when needed
  • good features

Cons

• random shut downs
  • un-locking touch screen in pocket

Bryan G.
posted on 30 Mar 2009, 01:01

LG Voyager.

i have had this phone since september and it's a really nice phone. i don't really like the touch screen but it works very well. the keyboard is AMAZING, and i text alot which is even better. so i do recommend this phone to heavy texters and people that like taking pictures. i have had a few problems with this phone like it randomly freezing on camera and the hinge breaking so the screen almost fell off so i had to buy a memory card to save my pics. overall an amazing phone.

Pros

• good camera.
  • okay battery life.
  • nice display.
  • large(good for people with big hands)
  • touch screen.
  • video camera.
  • keyboard.

Cons

• annoying command button which is very loud.
  • loud clicks when texting on keyboard.
  • fragile!
  • scratches easily.
  • fingerprints!

posted on 21 Mar 2009, 12:15

I really like this phone. The touch screen is absolutely amazing.

Pros

• Touch Screen
  • Texting
  • The battery life is pretty good.

Cons

• The flip part. it annoys me. Even when your phone is on silent and it's not locked and you hit clr it will bring up the command screen & say PLEASE SAY A COMMAND and it still talks when its on silent. I had this happen to me in the middle of class.

Shayla
posted on 16 Feb 2009, 05:18

I've had a Voyager Titanium for almost 3 months. But after a month of having the first one, the mic went out on it. So I had to switch it out for another one. Since then there is really nothing I find extremely wrong with the device. I enjoy games, downloading etc. I didn't find anything worth while with the mobile TV so I cancelled V Cast.  I don't really use the web that much cause it can be some what slow on LG phones but overall I deal with it. The sound quality as far as talking to someone over the phone can be a bit distored if the volume is too high. I enjoy texting on it I do that religiously. The battery life is great I charge it every 2.5-3 days. Although I text, talk, download, play games and often browse on the web it holds up pretty fine. There is on feature/application that I was curious about City ID I subscribed to. It shows the city and state of all incoming/outgoing calls. This phone is the best my cousins, syblings, parents and friends like it.

Pros

• text
  • features
  • City ID
  • touch screen rocks

Cons

• sound quality distored at high volumes
  • wish there were better v cast moblie tv channels
  • have to flip the phone to use the qwerty board to look for ringtones but can web browse/text on touch screen

Jay2222
posted on 13 Feb 2009, 23:01

SWEEEEETT!

This phone is sick. I was very into the enV when it came out, but passwed on it to wait for a better phone. When this came out i wanted to get it but it was far too expensive. Well after saving up for a year and half, im so happy i got it! I mean seriously this thing is perfect. The touch screen is flawless, the QWERTY keypad is perect for texters, and let me tell you, this thing is STACKED with features! PLus call quality is great, but im much more of a texter my self, and this phone is like my king. carry it everywhere, and trust me...you will be glued to this thing likee its your last lifeline. BUY IT!

Pros

• EVERYTHING!
  • touch screen
  • QWERTY keypad
  • features, features, features!
  • call quality
  • great for texting
  • nicee camera

Cons

• could have some better display themes besides black and white, but these are still pretty good
  • battery life could be a tad better...mine goes about 25 hours for me ( but i send anywhere between 100-500 texts a day so that takes alot of battery)
  • thats about it everything else is flawless!

posted on 21 Jan 2009, 00:28

Best phone ever!

Well, I consider this phone is the best and it's better than LG Dare.
1. Mobile TV seems to bring you lots of entertainments
2. More games/appications to download than LG Dare
3. Bulky, big, but better looking and stylish than LG Dare (LG Dare sounds little cheaper in turns of making the phone)
4. Keyboard, physical, but better than full touch screen.
5. Most popular phone when it first came out, before LG Dare, after LG Dare, still being popular after it's 2nd gen made.
If you don't mind the bulky, big feeling. It's a Great device!

Pros

• Lots of entertainments for you. More games and cool applications. Dual speakers bring you feel like a theatre.

Cons

• Bulky and big (If you don't mind, it's a Great device)
  • Wi-fi, but probably Verizon covers the best 3G network possible (3G is better than Wi-fi, in turns of networks and availability.)

russ8128
posted on 16 Jan 2009, 10:40

Better with age

I have to admit, I didn't love this phone when I got it.  Couldn't get used to the touchscreen and such.  Biggest issue was that the lock wouldn't always stay locked, so it would mess up my settings (still does, but not as much).  Now that my commute has changed and I'm taking the train, I find the multimedia uses so much better.  I have a nice set of bluetooth stereo headphones that pipe music from my sd card and at times I use the vcast videos to bide my time.  the full episodes are an awesome way to catch up on shows I've missed.  I had the TV for a while, but couldn't find anything worthwhile to watch when I'm commuting.  The VZ navigator is okay.  Good way to find places, but I prob wouldnt rely on it for my main GPS devise.  The browser kinda sucks.  My work blackberry and blackjack is much better (quicker and easier to use).  Also since I can't multitask, I just listen to the music and surf with the other device anyway.  The ESPN MVP is something I use regularly and would not want to get rid of it.  The scoring text alerts are worth the price of it (right now its free for me, but I'd pay for it).   the keyboard's useful and glad that I don't have to use just the touchscreen (like the dare).
Most importantly, the phone works very well.  Good reception (nearly as good as my old Moto E815 and way better than the VX8600 - not even close).

Pros

• Reception
  • Features +++
  • solid construction

Cons

• Too long/thick
  • touchscreen not the best
  • browser

Elisha
posted on 24 Dec 2008, 08:31

If its not broke, Break it...

I have had the Voyager since May, and just recently got a warranty exchange because the screen was coming apart. Anyways, I got a new Voyager with the software update, and I dont like it. I liked the old software... on this one there are more restrictions. I used to be able to watch videos from the web like MySpace and YouTube, now I can't. Does anyone know how I can get by that, or is it a lost cause. The format is even different. I'm still trying to navigate my way around the new phone.
Has anyone esle experienced this? I dont like it... I used to love the Voyager, now I just kinda like it.
Oh yeah, are they beginning to advertise One Month free of ESPN Mobile, Are they are going to start chanrging us for this? I was a little confused.

Pros

• Qwerty keyboard... ESPN Mobile!!!

Cons

• No more videos, and limited web used. Slower Response time.

Alecelmboy
posted on 06 Dec 2008, 14:54

Quite Good

It has a great QWERTY keyboard and an awesome design. But the size was just too big. But still and amazing device.

Pros

• - Sweet Design
  • - Great Touch Screen
  • - Average Camera
  • - QWERTY keyboard was spacious and easy to use.

Cons

• - Size

Londen
posted on 02 Dec 2008, 17:33

gr8 after V11 update

This phone was amazing after the v11 update i was gonna take it back but got the update & its just like the dare & it works great too

Pros

• touchscreen

Cons

• bulky

Sherri
posted on 10 Nov 2008, 19:32

LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH VOYAGER

Though I am far from bored with the Voyager, there are a couple of design flaws that I just can't live with and will be getting a Blackberry Storm instead.
I agree with other reviewers that it will sometimes just cut off for no reason. But my main concern with the Voyager is that the port where the charger goes into the phone gets loose (the rubber part almost breaks off) and if you don't have a supertight connection, the battery doesn't charge. I literally have to adjust the cord around to make sure it is actually connected, or it may be plugged in all night and not charge.  Also, I have a difficult time getting it to pair to the Sync handsfree in my new Ford Fusion, a problem I have not had with my husband's cell.
Were it not for these two issues, I would likely stay with the Voyager.

Pros

• Fun phone, touchscreen works great.

Cons

• Cuts off, difficult to pair with handsfree, port for charger not well designed, making it a chore to recharge.

zachhhh!
posted on 06 Nov 2008, 14:46

Don't Judge This Phone By Its Cover .

Love the look, HATE the phone . my battery lasts like 7 hours, and no im not the people who leave it on the charger for days. i charge it while i sleep, unplug it when i wakeup. my touchscreen freezes nonstop, and sometimes my phone just shuts of randomly. they texting keyboard is wicked loud, and so isnt the vibrate .

posted on 05 Nov 2008, 19:34

I text a lot and this phone is awsome for that. But I have had many problems with the phone. I have had the Voyager for 3 months now and I am on my 4th phone already. The touch screen keeps freezing and isn't workin properly. Like I hit one number and it hits the number next to it. Even the technitions didnt know what was going on with the phone. But most people I have talked to that have it complain about problems with the touch screen.

Jasmine.
posted on 25 Oct 2008, 17:56

Ehh

I got my voyager a few months ago. It's alright but if i could, i'd trade it in for something else. The touch screen acts stupid and doesnt work sometimes and the camera is sooo slow. The keyboard's okay. but the phone is long and the whole thing doesn't fit in my pocket and falls out sometimes. Also, the pink or black rubber covers for the phone suckk, too. they dont match up with the keyboard buttons and they come off alot. I like it but i'd switch it for something else if i could. I dont recommend it. But it's your choice.

posted on 21 Oct 2008, 01:03

Terrible

Got this phone the day it came out and now i have no dialtone and people cant hear me talk. I also have a problem with it switching thru different menus and always pulling up the voice command menu without me doing it. Verizon wont replace it either. If i had to do this all over i would have passed on this phone.

posted on 20 Sep 2008, 15:10

Best Phone ever!!

So I have had the Lg-vx10000 aka Voyager for a while now.. It's perfect.. Signal is great! Touch is very responsive, if you drop the phone is way get a lil out of wack, but all you gotta do is re-calibrate is in the settings.. it is way more durable then I expected.. im always dropping it. I suggest getting a Invisiable Shield (invisiableshield.com, life time warrenty shield for $25)  for it, its saved my phone plenty of times! The new software update "Flash" updates the Firmware in the phone and gives you the capability to have the new Visual Voicemail with Verizon, also gives you the Display Menu settlings that are the same as the Lg Dare's. People are complaining about the charging port, touch, battery life etc, if people would not yank the charger out and watch what they are doing! Touch is just perfect! Do a hard reset to your phone and it will be perfect all the time.... Charge it every night and The battery will last a day and half, which is great for a phone with so much to it! Blah Blah Blah... this phone is grat if you know how to use it, if you dont then maybe you should read and learn.. try Howardforums.com. and stop complaining!!

posted on 09 Sep 2008, 02:45

I hate this phone

Sence Ive gotten this phone i have gone threw three of them. they only last about a month for me. the First phone i got when i plugged it in to charge & someone called they couldnt hear me at all. but once i unplugged it it worked fine. So when my phone battery was low i better hope no one calls me for awhile. Then i got me second one & about a month after i got it, the charger in the phone broke & it wouldnt charge at all. Now im on my thrid one & its ok. but not great. the tough screen doesnt always work. kindof has a mind of its own & goes to different pages even though i dont want it to. im startin to regret gettin this phone. so on my opion i wouldnt get the phone.

Shhhh . . . .
posted on 29 Aug 2008, 14:14

Love My Voyager

i currently work for verizon wireless and i love my voyager. i dont really care for touch screen phones but it was the newest most expensive phone out when i got hired so i had to have it. the touch screen is great i love how its vibration sensitive soit senses even a ligh tap on the screen. but i actually use QWERTY keyboard more than anything . . when i was going to get this phone i was stuck thinking, mabye i should wait till the env2 comes out . . . im glad i didnt wait !! the keyboard is the perfect size for me !!

Pros

• -touch sensitivity
  • -Mobile Tv Quality
  • -features
  • -QWERTY keyboard
  • -Camera
  • -New Software Update
  • -Audible turn by turn navigation

Cons

• -No protective shells (clear hard plastic phone shell) Only silicone covers and body glove case
  • -Blutooth quality (it only pairs well with Lg blutooths or jawbone)
  • -Availible in black or titanium

Victoria
posted on 22 Aug 2008, 14:49

Good phone signal is a pain on base though.

The phone is really great. It has some really great features. I thought I would use the touch screen more but I found that it is less important than the QWERTY keypads on the inside. That has been wonderful for texting. It makes texting ten times faster. As long as you know your way around a regular keyboard you will love this. It takes a couple days to get used to texting this way if you are used to the typical form but after that you will be texting like crazy! The camera is pretty decent for a phone camera. The signal strength is bad inside my house but everywhere else I get great signal. I live out in the middle of country so I know for certain it gets good signal in most areas. As for the problem of on base and in my house, typically most places on base the signal is okay but inside my house it is bad. Calling out is almost impossible from inside my house. I can text but it gets to be a pain in some areas of my house because I am constantly trying to find a signal or place it in the right position for it to send. This is especially true with picture messages because they take longer to send. I think that is more of a signal problem with verizon wireless because I have yet to find a phone that gets decent signal in my house. Also it could just be my house because we have had friends with other phone companies come over and they get no reception either.

ani mei
posted on 16 Aug 2008, 02:24

new software upgrade

i just got the new software upgrade on the phone!!! and it makes it rock so much more! not only does it make the icons look sleeker it feels much smoother to use now more than ever!!!~ i am totally excited about to phone even more. the software upgrade made my phone available for visual voice mail. i'm trying to convenience my mom on letting me have it. THIS PHONE IS AWESOME!!!!!!

MotorolaExpert
posted on 22 Jul 2008, 20:27 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jul 2008)

OUTSTANDING ABOVE THE REST..

ok, my mom has the Lg Voyager and she has had it for a while now, and with me doodling and doing junk to her phone, it is one of the most beutifully crafted cellular devices i have ever had in my presence. the touch screen responds like a bear, the querty board is really reliable, and the phone will not break that easily. the phone has mobile TV, so one of the most ineresting features of the phone is the pull out antennae, which works really well with the Mobile TV she's got on there. the features on the phone are really productive, and the phone is conviently priced. almost everything o0n this phone is costomiseable, and it also has a Micro SD slot for extra memory. the baby can get up to 4 GIGS of memory which is outstanding. some phones dont even HAVe a memory card slot. VERY IMPRESSIVE LG. if u have the money definitally get this phone. you will be vey satisfied.

matt willett
posted on 22 Jul 2008, 18:22

5.8

my problems with my Voyager

I got the my voyager the very first day that they came out in to stores on nov.21st. that day it kept cutting off on me and it did that for about a week or two and i took it back. they sent me another one and it kept on shutting off. took that one back they gave me another one and it had the new software in it which was good. it dident cut off any more but where the keypad connects to the screen it started to get VERY lose and one side broke. i mean yes i know i'm just a lil hard on phones but still it shouldent have done that. i do A LOT of texting so that may have been some part of it idk. the design is actuly a very good design for the people that likes the touch screen and or texting. the features are good on the camera but really its the samething as every other phone verizon has same layout and all. sound quality is good not the best tho. the signal strength is ok it always get a signal for the most part but its only like very low even in the middle of the city it only gets full signal when u r in a VERY LARGE city. and far as value for money well put it this way i would have never bought it if i knew it was goin to be this bad. i payed $430 for the phone case and a car charger and i can't see it.

Justin
posted on 17 Jul 2008, 00:19

GREAT PHONE =]

So, I've had this phone for almost two months now, and all around its been great! I'm not much of an internet or V Cast person, due to the extreme prices. But for what i do use it for, which is EXTREME texting and calling, it's never let me down. The design is great. The touchscreen is really responsive, and i gotta say, the sound is pretty cool when you touch it =]. And the QWERTY keyboard is a really good setup. It has large keys which makes typing a breeze. And for features, its chock full. The browser, which I've just played on a little, was really fast and using it with the touchscreen was just like the iphone. And I'm sure the VZ Navigator is cool. As for sound quality and signal strength, I'd give it a 10 for quality and a 7 for strength. The sound of the phone is very sharp, but I had a little trouble with finding a signal sometimes. And one last little complaint is battery life. But phones cant be perfect.

All in all, i would highly recommend this phone for anyone who really likes cool gadgets and texting a lot. Enjoy!