LG VX8360 User Reviews

posted on 17 Jul 2010, 20:56

It's been just over a year since I got this phone, and I'm on my third one.  The display went out on my first one, so they replaced it with a refurbished one.  People couldn't hear me when I talked to them with this refurbished one.  Verizon refused to provide me with a replacement of the shoddy phone they gave me, so I had to switch to my dad's phone (he has the same one, but he never used it).  On this third one, I sometimes receive text messages 5-60 minutes after they've been sent, or sometimes I never receive them.

Pros

• - battery life

Cons

• - overall quality

LSmada
posted on 11 Aug 2009, 14:31

Worth exactly what I paid for it - $0.

Now I know what "LG" stands for - "Laughable Gear", or "Lousy Gear".
Stereo speakers on a phone that's 1.5" wide?  Are you kidding me?  What idiot at LG had that brainstorm?
Reception is LOUSY!!  Verizon's service sucks anyway, but reception on this POS is even worse than it was on my Motorola Razr (that just died).
When I get around to replacing this ill-designed, non-performing POS I'll throw this thing in the river.

Pros

Cons

• You name it, it probably doesn't work or work very well.

JOHN COREY
posted on 08 Jul 2009, 08:35

Nice modern looking phone, lots of features that aren't actually necessary if you just need a phone and don't play games, surf the web or take pictures. Using a hands-free headset with this phone sounds like you're in a tin can, callers complain that they can't hear me clearly. One in five calls have MAJOR feedback and/or echo - something I never had with my old Motorola phone. Alerts for missed calls or call wating can be annoying when you're on a call that you don't want to interrupt. Some alerts are 'hard coded' into the phone and cannot be changed or turned off. If you have large hands the navigation arrows may be hard to use as they are too recessed.

Pros

• Slim design and nice look, fits nicely into holder or pocket. Lots of features-perhaps more than an average user may need.

Cons

• Sounds like a 'tin can' when you're on speakerphone. Headset clarity isn't much better. Many callers say thay can't understand me.

posted on 30 Jun 2009, 20:55

Love this phone!

I compared all of Verizon's phones when I was looking for a new phone, and this one seemed solid and fairly inexpensive. It does exactly what I need it to do, and it does it well. When I'm at home I only have to charge it about once a week (although when I'm at college I have to charge it every few days because it's always trying to get service). I like that I can read texts on the front screen. I always use vibrate mode, and the vibrate is weaker than the one on my old phone, but it's bearable. It has several choices in themes and fonts. The microSD slot is easily accessible. If you're looking for a simple but quality phone, I highly recommend this phone!

• Front screen

Cons

• Weak vibrations

AngelaB
posted on 29 Jun 2009, 20:41

Don't buy if you need to use this as a phone.

My husband and I both selected this phone as our free replacement when Verizon bought out Unicel last month. Our four-year old phones were getting great reception on Unicel's digital network: 3-5 bars at home, and always at least two at the office. For a mountainous region, that's very good. Verizon took over that digital network, so the only difference now is the new and "improved" phones. The reception on this phone absolutely STINKS. I get 0-1 bars all the time now, unless the wind is blowing in the right direction, and then I get two. The "digital" network sounds like 1992 analog!! I have yet to be able to hold a conversation, and it's been 6 weeks. We thought this would be a nice upgrade, but the music features don't work correctly either. Very disappointed, would not buy LG again, and we're going to the Verizon store this weekend to see if we can trade them in for something else.

Pros

• Nice-looking
  • Crisp menus
  • Music buttons on the front
  • Mini-SD slot for more storage

Cons

• Phone function doesn't work
  • Music function doesn't work
  • Headphone jack is very finicky - once it's playing in correctly, don't you dare move!

posted on 29 Jun 2009, 10:33

The 8360 is made to be a SIMPLE and BASIC phone for people who merely like to make and receive calls. If you are unable to text with one hand or need larger buttons then pay for a higher quality phone that is made to do those things!

Pros

• Great battery life and sound quality

tedcohen
posted on 21 May 2009, 13:35

bad news

Terrible speakerphone. Callers say they hear feedback.
Weak vibrator, as reviewer stated earlier.
No flash for camera.
No way to input snail-mail addresses for "contacts."

Pros

Cons

• Terrible speakerphone. Callers say they hear feedback.
  • Weak vibrator, as reviewer stated earlier.
  • No flash for camera.
  • No way to input snail-mail addresses for "contacts."

Dan
posted on 18 Apr 2009, 21:59

ok phone

Descent phone, simple, easy to use, buttons could be larger, when texing its hard to press the # button thats the space button without hitting the 9 button..hard to tex with one hand.. battery life is fair...takes pretty good pictures and videos...good sound quality...overall not as bad phone, had the Moto E815,, this phone doesnt even compare,, i miss my moto, but it died, this was the only phone that comes close,, was in a crunch and pick this LG, was better than i expected

Pros

• can read tex from outside without opening the flip
  • ok battery life
  • ok ringers

Cons

• hard to tex with one hand
  • buttons could be larger

tomahan
posted on 28 Jan 2009, 22:37

Still not the VX8300

Though I don't have a first hand opinion, lots of people compared the recent VX8350 to the VX8300 and determined it was a lower quality phone than the VX8300.  So is the VX8360 finally the upgrade to successfully replace the venerable VX8300? In a word, no.
Yes, it has a few nice feature upgrades, nice enough to make me bite and upgrade my trusty 8300.  Bluetooth will now export the phonebook to a handsfree device, Rhapsody support is nice, and I can read text messages and see missed calls on the front screen without opening the flip.  The screen is much sharper than the VX8300 as well and this is instantly noticeable when you first open the phone.  Not that the 8300 is bad, just that this phone's display is that good.  I like the added message key as well that lets me also set a text message favorites list, and on the D-pad the right shortcut key brings up some nice functions such as turning on and off bluetooth.  The speakers are on par with the 8300 as is call quality and ringer volume.  I can even open the flip with one hand just as I could with the VX8300 though it is not quite as easy.  And last, the obvious change since the VX8350 is the missing stub antennae.
So why do I think the 8360 is not a suitable replacement for the 8300?  Primarily for one reason only, a very weak vibrator.  The vibrator is so weak, that I have already missed several calls because I cannot feel the phone vibrating from either...

Pros

• High quality, sharp main display
  • Good call quality
  • Good reception
  • Can read text messages on the front screen
  • Can see missed calls on the front screen
  • Good speakers
  • Raised keys evenly backlit
  • Sturdy build, and can open with one hand
  • Set text message favorites list for use with dedicated message key.
  • Works well with Rhapsody subscription which doesn't have to be through Verizon
  • Supports Mobile Broadband tethering at EVDO speeds.
  • Great battery life

Cons

• Extemely weak vibrator
  • Can't set separate ringtone for no caller ID calls
  • No flash for camera, fair picture quality

Natalie
posted on 26 Jan 2009, 19:33

Fabulous!!

This is an awesome phone from Verizon. Great deep blue color with light grey interior. Call clarity awesome, like a landline. Battery life awesome, with normal use. I talk and text. Screen inside and out crisp and bright. Stereo speakers sound great. Loud and clear. Backlight on keypad bright and white, and evenly lit. Could read text on outside screen. Small and lightweight, but fits very comfortably in hand. Does everything that I need it to do. Best basic phone Verizon came out with in a long time. So much nicer and better looking than that oval LG VX 8350. Major improvement!! Very easy to text since keys are raised, and large enough sothat you are not hitting more than one key always. Love this phone. I feel it will be a great seller for Verizon!!! Glad I purchased it!!

mudslinger83
posted on 21 Jan 2009, 08:56

Perfect!!!

there aint one thing i hate or dislike about this phone, great reception, sound quality, call quality, bluetooth, style, music player is loud, ringers are loud, expandable memory, able to read text from the front as well as calls, pretty fast in EVDO service, battery life is good, has all the bells and whistles i need, camera and video are good, i aint found one thing bad about it, i recommend it..

Pros

Cons

• Nothing