LG VX5300 User Reviews

Joetime90
posted on 22 Oct 2009, 19:24

Great, Durable, But Outdated

I've had this phone since March of 2007 or so, which was my 11th Grade year in High School. I still have the phone, and now I've graduated. I've dropped the phone many times and it still functions. Despite the scratches and dents, I've had no troubles. I have about 300+ pics on here, even though the camera is no good in my opinion. Maybe for its time though. I don' t use the Internet browser on it since I just don't find it necessary for the phone. Even though this is my first cell phone and despite the jokes, I haven't had the need to replace it, unlike my friends who have been through more phones than buttons on this thing. The speakerphone works well as I can talk and drive hands free with it in my lap. The ringtones suck, but you can download more. But with the newer phones... well, that's why I'm replacing it. I just want a new phone. I'm sure this thing would last me another two years, as its' been with me to school and the jobsite with no troubles.

Pros

• Durable
  • Small
  • Speaker phone is pretty good

Cons

• Kinda plain
  • Stubby antenna
  • Camera kinda sucks

Sam I Am
posted on 08 Apr 2009, 18:43

LG VX5300

I had this phone for about 2 years and it broke on me about a week ago. The camera on the one i had took really good pictures. I Stored around 300 pictures on it. I had about 80 notes and got around 110 texts on it so I would say the memory is pretty good. The battery life on it was also pretty good. I was happy with this phone, i guess i had it for too long or something cause the side of it cracked where it turns to open and about 4 days later the whole screen part just came off so i got a new phone. I kind of like the LG better than my new one mainly because of the camera quality. But i would recommend this phone.

sarah=-)
posted on 21 Jan 2009, 17:35

Pretty good

This was my first phone, and I thought it was pretty good. I've had it for almost 2 years, and have only had problems once, that were easily fixed. Texting is fairly easy, and the back button is very convenient for the not so  accurate. Love  the outside screen, so you can just hit the side button to check the time (saves battery a lot). Camera's crap, but there ya go. I haven't run out of space for anything but texts. It's sturdy, and even though it's not the fanciest  looking, it's not completely hideous. I'm fairly happy and will definitely get LGs from now on.

Chubi Chan
posted on 29 Nov 2008, 02:57

Average phone at the time

As the "proud" owner of a AX245 (only difference being a different outside design, and alltel's firmware instead of verizons), I am rather apathetic towards the thing. It's a solid performing phone that does everthing an "average" phone will do.
I like it's design. It's "nub" antannea let's me know that it's there, and not just some random chip inside the phone. Kinda also gives me a way to dig it out of deep pants pockets, or plug up that annoying hole in my pocket. The solid design allows the phone to take a bit more of a beating then the average RAZR. It's thick design isn't really off putting, or pretty, but it serves a purpose. The buttons feel like buttons, and not just some arbitrary location marked with a number like some fancy phones. It's very rare you'll actually accidentally press one button for another, and the back button is close enough and easy enough to access that it doesn't really matter anyway.
Some people underestimate the outside screen. Placing the clock on the outside screen, and just hitting a side vol. button has saved me AMAZING amounts of battery life, because I no longer had to flip open the phone and make the whole numpad and bigger screen light up and turn off when I wanted to know the time.
It's camera, while not good by anyone's standards, is sufficient at taking pics. to use as contact images, or for spur-of-the-moment images of funny situations, interesting things, and etc. I haven't really "run out" of space for images, as I only really keep...

Pros

• Solid Design
  • Colorful, useful, outside screen
  • Nice buttons
  • Cheap
  • Nice features

Cons

• Camera quality lacking
  • Bluetooth quality lacking
  • Call quality lacking
  • Bland design

Jordan
posted on 25 Oct 2008, 14:45

It's a functioning phone.

If you only need a phone for calling, this phone is definitely functional.  It has been very reliable for me, at least as far as being able to send and receive calls.
However, I do have some complaints (in no particular order):The phone is hideous.The default ring tones are loud, shrill sounds.  The tone that I found least obnoxious was a simple beep.  You cannot really do anything about this unless you purchase overpriced ring tones on Get It Now. What is the point of polyphonic ring tones when one cannot stand them?The phone cannot tell that 150 kilobytes is less than 350 kilobytes.The antenna is especially annoying and especially outdated.
On a side note, no, I cannot hear you now, Verizon.

Pros

• Durable.
  • Functional.
  • Cheap.

Cons

• Ugly.
  • Not really customizable.
  • Very bad ring tones.
  • Still does not pick up well at my home.

xxmusicislifexx
posted on 28 Aug 2008, 15:59

AAAAARGH

this phone is a piece of CRAP. i've had it for two years. although i must say, it's alright for a first phone. And it has withstood about two years of me dropping it once or twice daily. I've only had the locking-up issue twice. But I've outgrown it. I'm getting an env2 saturday. I can't wait. I'm sick of this phone.

Pros

• good for a first phone, durable, ok camera, flash, txt messaging

Cons

• UGLY, too basic for me, slow web browser, locks up occasionally, only stores 50 messages in inbox/sent at a time, ppl make fun of me for owning it

Brandon
posted on 12 Aug 2008, 14:01

Great Simple Phone

This is my first cell phone and I've had it for 2 years. It's got great, simple features and a compact design. The only thing I don't like is the camera. 0.3 megapixels? There's no memory card slot either. But it's lasted me this long and it was free with the contract anyway.

phoneadicct
posted on 08 Jul 2008, 17:14

UGH!!!

i HATE this phone. it's not worth it.
it's very ugly. :(
it doesnt even have zoom on the camera!!!
worthless.
if your over the age of 40 then this phone is for you.

lex
posted on 08 Jul 2008, 17:09

Eh

i've had this phone for 2 years and i'm sick of it!!!!
1st of all- it's very plain.
2nd- it has limites text space and limted things to do.
3rd- it easily scratches
4th- it needs to be chraged freqently
5th- it's boring

i recomend this for anyonw who just wants a phone. my parents are fine with it, but i'm ready for a change. get an envy2 instead.

What_Not_To_Buy
posted on 29 May 2008, 17:18

2.8

The Ugly Devil

This phone looks horrible! Antennas have been taken off phones way before this one came out! It's old school! It looks like a curved piece of junk from the side, and the front looks bulgy and ugly. The features are really bad, and the texting is slow. Cmon, i type in M, and I need to wait like 5 seconds more to type in N. It's so stupid! Couldn't they just let you text faster? Plus my messages+ stuff I name can only go so far. I can only type in a certain amount. Camera sucks, and this phone is messed up. Never buy it, plus it was a gift so I never purchased it, but if I was there at the Verizon store, I would've chosen a normal device

josh
posted on 17 May 2008, 20:21

5.6

alright

i hate the way it looks but love the functions

JJ
posted on 30 Dec 2007, 11:49

Worst

This is the worst phone I have had as well. I replaced the $50 battery twice in 1 year! I am not even bothering anymore-- I am using my old phone. What a piece of junk.

Diann Collins
posted on 05 Nov 2007, 13:59

User

This is my fourth cell phone. Not too impressed. Why does it go dead all the time? The cell phone company tech said to try removing the battery and putting it back in. How many times will I have to keep doing that during the life of the phone? You must charge the phone when it goes down to two bars or else you risk not having access to the phone for up to an hour while it is charging. One would think the technology would get better, not worse.

Roy
posted on 02 Jun 2007, 13:53

it is amazing

what is there to give an opinion.Every one should have the same it is an amazing phone.so many features so much to do.The camera is awesome.It is amazing.If you get it you`ll be shocked.In my opinoin I think it`s a phone for a teenager, not an adult.So like I said it is amazing!

bob
posted on 02 Jun 2007, 13:37

great phone

I think the phone is amazing.It has great signal strength so you can hear the person clearly.Not to mentoin the features go on and on.If you want my opinion I would say the phone is for a teenager, not an adult.Because you can`t do any thing buissness-like.It can do so many things for only 20 dollars, and 10 dollars a month.

Brandi Lechowicz
posted on 01 Apr 2007, 10:25

It Is Ok.

The phone seems to be okay. I purchased it for my mother in November. She really seems to love it. So far we have had minor issues with it. The display inverted itself. Now the only issue we have is the phone randomly shutting itself off.

Shel
posted on 27 Feb 2007, 15:11

It's a simple design, and it's not a 'gadget' phone. The phone works very well, I have yet to have a problem with reception or sound quality. Durable, been dropped hundreds of times, the hinge is strong and the feel of it is perfect. It's got a nice, bright screen, decent camera and the software is all you need for a solid, basic phone. I'm very satisfied with it.

Tricia
posted on 11 Dec 2006, 16:34

Hate this phone

I have had this phone only since September and I must say the features are so over exaggerated. The battery life sucks, I can not find any usb cable that is compatable so if I want to retrieve any pictures or anything I have to use the Verizon email which of course costs extra. The bluetooth feature is useless to me as well since it does not support OBEX, so I can not sync with my computer or retrieve files off the phone in any way that I have found so far. As usual I have picked another dud of a phone.

raymoondo
posted on 02 Dec 2006, 12:08

great phone

Excellent phone from Verizon Wireless. Camera is nice, reception/sound quality is good. For the money you pay, it's one of the best phones on the market.

MIMI
posted on 26 Oct 2006, 02:02

VX5300

Great phone and great value. I like this much better than the 3300 or 5200. The LG's also seem to have a better sound quality than other brands. I am having trouble finding accesories, but that will come I'm sure.

dani kaplan
posted on 19 Oct 2006, 08:10

This is an excellent phone.

This is an excellent phone. People tell me it sounds like a land line. I don't use the camera, it's not good enough for me, see sample of my work http://www.smcdata.com/gallery/main_gallery.html

Dee
posted on 25 Sep 2006, 18:33

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!

Fairly intuitive to use. Speaker phone feature and voice dial are great. I can have it in my lap and carry on a hands free conversation while driving. Durable. I have dropped it on concrete and tile several times and not even a scratch.