LG Spectrum 2 User Reviews

Text input9.2/10
Everyday usage8.6/10
UI speed9.6/10

charlesv
posted on 14 Nov 2013, 19:20 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)

I DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR A GOOD PHONE

charlesv has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It freezes up, overheats, then the screen will be all messed up. Flashing, jumping random colors, and black outs. Had it in my pocket one day working on an engine and I don't know how but the screen cracked and now I can't do nothing with it. And it's just a real little small crack. Plus the battery will decided on how it wants to be. One day it's awesome, next day it's s**tty.

Build quality 7/10 I like how it is built, but it's a little to flexible, and bulky
Reception 10/10 Reception is great
Call quality 9/10 Good quality
Internet 10/10 4G is great but the 3G never loads the page
Multimedia 6/10 Sounds pretty good
Camera 8/10 Camera can be good at times, if not blurry
Everyday usage 4/10 It's good for everyday, just not very long because it freezes
Text input 8/10 Keyboard not the best
Display 9/10 Ok display I guess
Battery 6/10 Temperamental bitch, is what the battery is

Pros

• Material
  • Calls good

• Bulky
  • Snaps to easy

MasterSyrron
posted on 03 Sep 2013, 14:51 (Posts: 58; Member since: 08 Dec 2012)

"Diamond In The Rough"

MasterSyrron has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I normally do not consider LG when purchasing devices, but I obtained this one from a friend who could not use it for business (compatibility with a credit card reader). I traded a Motorola RAZR Maxx for this phone and I have not regretted it!

Pros

• Great battery (averaging 15 hours!)
  • Vibrant display
  • Great camera & camcorder
  • Fits good in my hands
  • GPS locks quickly

Cons

• Not many accessory options

Viper89
posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:40 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)

Love this Phone!

Viper89 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Not a fan of LG by no means but took a chance with this phone based on user and video reviews and glad I did. Had for a week now with no lags, freezes, or random reboots. Love the 720p HD screen, I am very happy with this phone :).Edit: It won't let me change the text under the camera review, after playing with the camera in HDR mode the pictures come out nice and crisp and would recommend only using this mode to take pics!

Camera 9/10 It could be better. The FX Camera app adds improvement.

Pros

• 1500 MHz Dual Core Processor
  • 4.7" 720p HD Screen

LeoDawn
posted on 29 Jan 2013, 03:21 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)

It's been great to me.

LeoDawn has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I am a fan of the minimalist design of this handset and I like the way this phone feels in the hand. My past 3 phones were the Galaxy S3, the Droid 1, and the Droid 3. Aside from design differences and only 1GB of RAM, this phone is pretty similar to the Galaxy S3.

The HD display is beautiful and bright. The phone sounds crystal clear during calls with plenty of volume. Every feature of this phone works as it should with minimal lag. The camera, in my opinion, is great. It's perfect for a normal camera, while I have my HD JVC Camcorder, which does not take pictures at all. Although, the video camera on this phone is simply amazing, I showed it to a friend who said, and I quote: "I've never seen so much High Definition." Overall, this phone has exceeded my expectations and I use this phone as my primary phone and have 2 Droid 1's as backup (Bad accident with S3 and Droid 3 lol).

The bottom line: If you like the way the phone looks and feels, it is worth every penny. Kudos to LG for making such a great phone!

Build quality 9/10 It's just me, I'm not used to hard cornered phones.
Reception 10/10 I have never last reception, and I have been to at least 4 different states since getting this phone.
Call quality 10/10 Amazing!
Multimedia 10/10 Screen looks great, and the dolby mode with headphone is amazing!
Camera 10/10 Haven't had any problems with it, all my pictures look great. Also my videos are just about on par with my HD video camera.
UI speed 10/10 Initially it is great. Has been good ever since I got the phone, the only problem is once I got flash player on it, which I would trade for perfect speed anyway, the scrolling in the browser has been a bit slower. Nothing to fret about though.
Everyday usage 10/10 Hasn't let me down yet.
Text input 10/10 On screen keyboard is great, I only wish the space bar was more center while using the speech button option.
Display 10/10 Simply perfect. I have seen reviews that say, at an angle the screen looses its color value, but I haven't seen it.
Battery 8/10 Being realistic, the battery lasts as long as I need it to. But seriously... we could always use a better battery.

Pros

• 4.7 LCD screen
  • Slightly better processor than the SIII
  • Great camera for a phone
  • Fast interface
  • Smartshare/NFC is awesome!
  • Videos and Music sound great

Cons

• Battery can get annoying somtimes

intaginize
posted on 29 Jan 2013, 01:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)

Lg spectrum 2 review

intaginize has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Super fast processor, easy to use, auto spellcheck is cool but can be Kind of annoying especially when using bad language youll have to double click bad words so the phone remembers them and wont try to auto correct the words. Battery life is really good, better then my motorola droid x was, no hdmi port like my motorola droid had but still hdmi compatible with the right cable. Lots of shortcuts, incoming text messages pop up instantly no matter what your doing which is cool. The ringtones that come on the phone suck, but you can eadily download new ones. One of the only complaints is the phone is kind of thick especially with a otterbox style cover, the alarm is also not super loud like my droid was, not a big deal. Also does not have skype like my droid x had, but the keyboard has nice big buttons which kind of makes up for it. Other then that its a awesome phone for the price. If i had a choice i would take a htc dna or a s3 over it but it blows away every other phone in the same category i would take this phone any day over a iphone 5 it out performs a iphone 5 in every catagory. Its also a lot less common then a i5 or s3 which makes it unique in my book. Call quality is super clear even with my skullcandy heavy medal earbuds with mic 3people have no problem hearing me even when im talking and riding my bicycle at the same time. your on a budget and cant afford a htc dna or a s3 then this phone is a excellent choice.

Build quality 10/10 Very solid build.
Reception 9/10 Get reception anywhere and is always super clear
Multimedia 10/10 A plus easy loading, fast and simple
Camera 8/10 Easy to use but not best i have seen
Text input 8/10 Good but not great the smiley pictures suck compared to others i have used
Display 10/10 Crystal clear display HD screen is amazing probably the best feature about the phone the htc dna is the only phone out that can compete in this catagory

Pros

• 4.7" HD screen liquid crystal clear display, fast processor exact same processor as the s3.
  • multimedia is excellent, equal to s3 in every way at a lower price.

Cons

• no skype, text features like smileys no good.
  • bulky, thick, could use a better camera