LG Rumor2 User Reviews

Battery6.5/10

The cell king
posted on 13 Jun 2011, 18:03

Broken

The cell king has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i have gone through 3 of these and they have broken. my provider says it is just a bad batch. don't use the internet not worth it i have gone through 3 of these and they have broken. my provider says it is just a bad batch. don't use the internet not worth iti have gone through 3 of these and they have broken. my provider says it is just a bad batch. don't use the internet not worth iti have gone through 3 of these and they have broken. my provider says it is just a bad batch. don't use the internet not worth iti have gone through 3 of these and they have broken. my provider says it is just a bad batch. don't use the internet not worth it

Pros

• got a banter

Cons

• brakes easly

lg rumor 2
posted on 30 Apr 2011, 21:57

THe LG Rumor 2

lg rumor 2 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

i am not happy with this phone at all, i don't have internet but its a very crappy phone although the battery life is very good for what i do with it it last 3 days tops. Other than the battery life the phone is terrible the pictures are fuzzy and blurry there is no flash so there is no way to take pictures in dim light with out it being shades of grey! i do like the keyboard but the arrow keys could have been something more useful...i don't use them at all.

Latino
posted on 08 Nov 2010, 20:22

doesnt read memory card

Latino has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Can someone tell me what kind of memory card this phone uses, I had a nokia 6300 phone and i bought a 2 GB memory card for it then that phone broke so i bought the LG rumor 2 and i put the micro sd memory card in the rumor and nothing happend at all i went to music player and it said please enter the memory card can someone tell me whats the problem?

Pros

• easy to text on with keyboard
  • good phone quality

Cons

• doesnt read memory card

phaedra
posted on 27 Oct 2010, 15:44

LG Rumor 2 not good!!

phaedra has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I brought this phone for my granddaughter and it was good when we first got it but now I can't hear her when she calls me and this morning it worked and then 4 hours later it didnt and it does this all the time now. I got her the phone so she could feel safe when walkin home alone but this is scary bcuz she can only text so now we have to save up to buy another phone bcuz no one has given us a solution fot fix the problem..But everything else is good.

Reception 5/10 If we could talk to people I could tell you how good the reception is but I do not know at this time.

Pros

• Internet is good

Aundrea
posted on 02 Oct 2010, 16:18

2.7

problems with the phone

OK this phone sucks. I have had it for almost a year now and it was fine at first but over time you start to have problems. Like it randomly shuts off when i recieve a text sometimes , it also glitches which gets me mad. And latley it wont let me talk on the phone. It lets me call and accept calls but then when it comes to actually talking i can hear people but they cant hear me. I wouldnt recommend this phone. This phone seems great at first then later you WILL have problems with it.

nick_gallegos
posted on 07 Aug 2010, 04:04

Great Phone!

When I first started using Virgin Mobile, I got a Samsung Mantra. It was okay, but I didn't like the lack of features and no QWERTY keyboard. So, I saved up about $96.00, and bought an LG Rumor2 at my local Target. I've owned the first generation Rumor, and I loved it! So, when I got this phone, I was instantly excited.

When I first activated it, it didn't take long to get used to the phone's menus or features. The QWERTY keyboard was spacious enough for me to text on it, and the 1-9 keys worked seamlessly with the built-in T9 function. It responds really well to abuse, in my opinion. I've dropped it on some pretty hard surfaces, (obviously on accident), and it only suffered two tiny little scratches.

If I had waited just a little longer, I could have gotten a Rumor Touch for $120, but I'm not a patient person. :P

The only downsides to the phone is the lack of 3G functionality, the inability to download free ringtones and wallpapers, (thanks to Virgin for that one), and the keyboard does take a little while to adjust to.

Pros

• Spacious QWERTY keyboard.
  • Smart T9 Dictionary.
  • Durable.
  • User friendly.

Cons

• No 3G functionality.
  • No free ringtones/wallpapers (Virgin).
  • Keyboard takes time to get used to.

posted on 20 Jun 2010, 20:10

Could be better

Overall this is a good phone, but it could be better. The keyboard is nice and big and very easy to text on. One of its biggest downfalls for me was when your veiwing your pictures. The screen disorts it alot and makes it difficult to veiw your pictures. i never turn my phone off so for me the battery life is very good. i've recently had a problem where it would send me messages randomly and all it has is symbols. and just yesturday my buttons wouldnt work. i would press one thing and it would do another thing or it wouldnt allow me to do something. when you text the buttons are very loud. so if you text secretly its not worth it because its very easy to hear. other than those problems it is a nice phone and worth the money

Caitlin
posted on 16 Jun 2010, 14:27

UGH.

I got this phone for my birthday,a little over a month ago. I loved it at first,and all was good. Until last week when it completely froze. I called the tech-line,and after a very confusing conversation,we took it back to radio shack and got another one(same model). It's already glitching. All of my incoming texts are gibberish, like this &*)^&$$45&^ and it's not my friends playing a joke on me. And the internet wont work. Virgin Mobile looks enticing,but go with another service. I had to re-up my account today and it screwed everything up.

Pros

• easy to text on
  • SD card
  • mp3 player
  • sound quality

Cons

• slow internet
  • freezes
  • multimedia messages don't work

JackinBox
posted on 15 Apr 2010, 15:32

Best Upgrade Ever!

I didn't need a new phone, but I wanted a QWERTY because I was texting more on my mobile than using it to call. T9 was just... not satisfying me anymore. :P

The camera isn't too shabby. And I love the speakphone option (it took me a long time to realize my Samsung M300 even had a speakephone setting because it was hidden away!).

I'm on the Virgin network, and my menus rock. My only complaint really is that I can't reassign the "web" button which is a pain. Oh well, they make up for it with free downloadable content!

Pros

• Awesome sound.
  • My carrier allows free downloads to the Rumor 2.
  • Excellent phone for a low cost.
  • You can turn the text prediction on and off.

Cons

• Battery life is shorter than my last phone,
  • Specialized USB port means you can't use USB cables you already have.
  • Can't reassign Web Browser button with Virgin.

shane
posted on 18 Dec 2009, 10:58

dont buy

I got this phone for my birthday because it was time for an upgrade. i had the original rumor and i thought  this would be better and when i got it i relized how much it dont have like a camcorder i cant set texttones for certian people it shuts off randomly and it dosent always clear new messages ive tried going through sprint and lg to get this replaced sprint cant do anything cause it has a manufactuers warrenty and lg is useless i will never buy there phones again they want me to send in my phone for 5 - 10 days than they will call [ i wouldnt have a phone ] or email me and if my phone has been dropped or has liquid damage they will have to charge me so now i have to deal with a phone that randomly shuts off until i can afford to buy one outright or wait the year and a half to get the upgrade . THIS IS NOT WORTH GETTING EVEN IF ITS FREE and i had to pay when it first came out

Pros

• cheap
  • nice looking
  • keybourd
  • good service

Cons

• shuts off randomly
  • dosent have camcorder
  • didnt upgrade camera
  • hard to get used to new keyboard design
  • cant use seperate texttones
  • dealing with lg [dosent make life good]

Lance Charles
posted on 01 Oct 2009, 13:59

Good little phone Rumor 2

Bought this phone to communicate with my daughter who moved across the country. The phone is well placed as far as buttons and features. The process for each feature is relatively easy to setup and navigate. Like anything else you have to get use to the process but in short order you can master this device. Bluetooth works well but can get stuck with some devices. The only thing that surprised me was that LG had decided to block the ability to add ringtones and wallpapers via bluetooth and cable USB. It seems that the only way to add new screens or ringtones is to pay the provider. In time a crack may surface that will solve this issue but for now you either pay or put up with what you have. The phone however is solid enough to not make this a really big deal.. Great phone and with the right package a winner. Internet sucks on this phone by the way  so if its important to you think about a better phone. GPS service  works well but its a minite or 2 before you get through all the menus ...again once you get accustomed to the process you can easily navigate through it.

Pros

• Compact
  • Well made
  • good features

Cons

• Internet sucks
  • No ability to add ring tones or wallpaperss without paying.

tango57
posted on 10 Jul 2009, 12:17 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Jul 2009)

Good call and text phone

This is a very nice quality call and texting phone.  Callers on other networks and on Sprint could hear my voice clear.  The slider keyboard is comfortable and spacious and the screen is adequate size.  I preferred this over the Samsung Rant as it was noticably lighter and looks more stylish to me as I chose the one with black with chrome siding.  This unit does not support 3G so your web browsing capability is limited.  Don't expect to be making fast online reservations or quick web searches using this one.  It has a nice MP3 player however and the side SD card slot makes uploading your music and pics to the phone convenient without having to remove the battery or back cover as seen in other phones.

Pros

• Good for heavy text users.
  • Comfortable and spacious slider keyboard.
  • Stylish with nice chrome finish.
  • SD card slot located on side.
  • Voice calls are clear.

Cons

• No 3G support.

Cody MacDonald
posted on 14 May 2009, 19:36

Rumor or a different phone?

I was thinking about getting the Rumor or the Rumor 2. Is There a big diference in them because I didn't know what one to get. Im thinking about the Rumor 2 because It is the newest one out but I'm still not sure.I am looking for a cell phone with a camera and to beable to take videos and i want a keyboard because i LOVE to text.Do u think this is a good choice or is there a nothere phone i should know about?

Pros

• as a full qwerty key board

PCap79
posted on 27 Apr 2009, 12:00

Rumor 2...2 big thumbs up!

I exchanged my Rant for the Rumor 2 and have been extremely happy. I only use my cell phone AS a cell phone...for calling and heavy txting...so i didn't need all the extra features of the Rant like EVDO, music player, etc. I had the Rant for a month and it was just too big, bulky and heavy. Plus the Rumor 2 looks MUCH better (black and chrome version). The Rumor 2 is lighter but doesn't have the cheap plastic feel of the Rant.  Build quality is great. The rounded edges on the Rumor 2 make it look and feel much smaller/thinner than the Rant. Reception, service, call quality, sound quality, battery life are all just as good as the Rant. I like the keyboard on the Rumor 2 better because it has a row dedicated to just numbers. The layout is different than the Rant but it's just as easy to use. I have pretty big hands/fingers and I don't have any trouble with txting. The screen is much crisper and clearer than the Rant's. The 1.3mp camera works just fine for taking and sending picture messages...I have an actual camera for taking pictures I want to download/develop. Speakerphone is very loud n clear. Good selection of ringers and different vibration settings (which the Rant doesn't have). I hated the one-click feature and prefer assigning shortcuts to the buttons on the d-pad.
So if you...like me...only use your phone AS a phone (calls and txting) than the Rumor 2 is a stylish, quality choice.

Pros

• Great styling
  • Great quality
  • Good reception, battery life, sound quality
  • Very good keyboard
  • Doesn't try to be everything all in one...it's a phone...and it does that extremely well

Cons

• Font for incoming text messages is kind of small and can't be changed...but it's definitely legible

casualsuede
posted on 21 Apr 2009, 10:31

Much Improved

This phone is much improved from the original Rumor phone.  Sporting a new high gloss finish with better plastics, it makes the old Rumor look alittle Fisher Price.  It also has a much better finish than the cheaper looking Samsung Rant.  It has an improved keypad with a emoticon key and a separate line for the numbers.  The screen is much higher resolution, even though the size is the same.  It has some improvements such as Bluetooth Stereo and additional memory.
While it is not an issue for me (I don't use many multimedia functions), the phone is still 1X.  It makes web surfing somewhat more tedious.  The camera is 1.3 MP, leaving it only for picture messaging and the music player is basic, but I think that is more Sprint's fault, since it's their music player built into the phone (meaning other Sprint phones prolly have the same issue).
I also really liked the texting part of this handset.  It now supports Threaded SMS and POP3 and IMAP to email.  It's IM and Internet email was fast and easy to use.
I liked that it had a nice speaker for the sound (better than my underperfoming FUSIC) and that it had better reception.  I would recommend this phone OVER the RANT if talk and text is all you need.

Pros

• Improved QWERTY keypad
  • Much better screen
  • Very Nice, high quality design for basic phone
  • Now supports Bluetooth Stereo
  • Improved memory capability (16 GB)
  • Great call quality and reception.

Cons

• Still 1X
  • Camera is the same resolution
  • Music Player is lacking

bigDlikesMAC
posted on 05 Apr 2009, 21:16

BLEW ME AWAY!

First impressions are: stylish, fast, slim, capable of memory. That's all true because I have recently purchased this phone. The first rumor was good, but to me, it was OK. I am now happy that the new one has rounded edges and a bit larger screen (you might not realize it does, but it really does.)

Pros

• great new design
  • good keyboard
  • strong 3G connectivity
  • good color is jet black
  • larger screen

Cons

• still plastic keyboard- but that's with all LG and samsung phones