LG Rumor Reflex User Reviews

UI speed6.7/10
Multimedia6.7/10
Display6.3/10

erohs1
posted on 23 Feb 2014, 12:38 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)

Gets the job done, but still is not that great of a phone

erohs1 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

When I first bought a Rumor Reflex, I was just migrating from a flip phone, expecting to get an experience that was comparative to a smartphone, but That was far from what I got.

The software could basically do the same things as my flip phone and not much else. The touch screen was nice though! Until it scratched profusely at first contact with keys in my pocket.

The camera is okay, but still not that great. The terrible pixel density doesn't do it any justice either.

Sometimes, a portion of the screen will lightly flicker, sometimes it will be fine. Also, about three times a day, when you turn it on it skips the lock screen and goes straight to what you were just doing. The problem with this is that the display still treats it like the lock screen and pits it to sleep after about 8 seconds...

On the good side, it is very useful for texting, but not much besides that.
I have had very few problems with the keyboard (see text input)

If you are looking for a somewhat durable low end phone that texts and calls, with a touch screen, this is the phone for you.

If you want at least a decent screen and camera, don't get this phone.
If you want apps, don't get this phone.
If you want crystal clear call quality, don't get this phone.

It's a good transition to a touch screen though if you aren't familiar with using it though!

So all in all, yeah, it gets the job done if you like to text, and call, besides that if you want a phone to use internet, don't buy this phone.

I hope this...

Build quality 4/10 This thing is nearly indestructible. If you don't mind tons of little scratches on your plastic screen, you will be fine. The pixel density is so low that the scratches seem to almost blend in and are unnoticeable when the display is on. I drop this thing about twice a week, and I don't have a case! Nearly every time I drop it the back cover falls off, sometimes the battery does too, but no real damage is done besides a few unnoticeable scratches. Trust me, I'm not passive when it comes to scrat
Reception 5/10 I use sprint, and about half of the time I usually roam, so my judgement on this is somewhat blurred, but everything is just so slow to send or recieve.
Call quality 3/10 Everything sounds very tinny, and the person on the other end of the call sounds very different than in real life.speaker phone can get pretty loud though.
Internet 6/10 Never used it, but I assume that it is bad, and gave it an average score as to not affect the other scores too much.
Multimedia 3/10 Don't take this one too seriously: I had a non data plan with a data (barely) phone, and from what I saw in the apps it looked not very good at all. I couldn't even get music on it without spending money to stream it through sprint music.
Camera 6/10 Allthough the MP count was terrible, once I uploaded to a nicer display pictures aren't half bad, they are a third bad.
UI speed 5/10 The UI was pretty basic, but is very limited and can get slow easily.
Everyday usage 4/10 Crashes about three times daily, and long texts come in in random order... Also, overall it's just a lackluster phone... In my opinion at least.
Text input 8/10 Keyboard is superb! Good layout and backlit. They are well spaced, but sometimes when you press a letter once it doubles that press and puts two of that letter on the screen.
Display 3/10 Abysmal pixel density. Enough said.
Battery 9/10 Lasts on standby for a LOOOOOOONNG TIME. If you use your phone for like an hour's worth of time in total per day it could last you more than a week. Average users may find it lasting on average about 4 days.

Pros

• Durability
  • Great battery life
  • Touch Screen
  • Backlit Keyboard
  • Expandable storage
  • Removable battery

Cons

• Low Megapixels
  • Terrible Call Quality
  • Plastic screen
  • No Flash
  • Uses Brew MP, a very slow operating system that is very limited.

WildmanGT
posted on 15 Apr 2012, 21:35 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)

Rumor Has It.

WildmanGT has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This LG Rumor Reflex is a very good phone! I got it from Boost Mobile and I am very happy with it so far. It is my first touchscreen phone.
Call quality is very good where I am. Signal stregnth varies from place to place, but I usually have four bars.
This phone feels good in the hand. It feels well built and not cheap. The touchscreen is quite sensetive and very responsive.

The phone's built-in internet browser is good at best. It's not that fast, but it loads web pages well. You can also have three web pages open at one time.

The camera on this phone really caught me by surprise. The light sensor allows for very sharp photos. They don't look like they're 2MP at all. No grainy mobile phone photos here!
Audio playback is great. I believe it can only play back MP3 files, but that's fine with me.
I have a 4GB micro SD card installed so storage space isn't an issue just yet.

All in all, this Rumor has it. A very good option for anyone looking for a cheap phone with great features. (It's much better than my old Nokia. haha)

- WildmanGT -

Build quality 9/10 It feels sturdy. The slide out keyboard has a nice weight to it.
Reception 8/10 Signal stregnth is spotty where I live, but it keeps it's connection. I'm using Boost Mobile on the Sprint CDMA network.
Call quality 9/10 Call quality is better than I expected. Very clear. Speakerphone quality is pretty good also.
Internet 8/10 Internet is adequate for the power of the device. It's not the fastest out there, but it does it's job well. Some websites are out of format whenever they are fully loaded.
Multimedia 9/10 Audio playback is very good. Whether it's through the phone's speaker, or through some headphones.
Camera 10/10 The camera has a very good light sensor. It may only be 2MP, but it does a very good job in any sort of light.
UI speed 8/10 It's fast enough for me not to get impatient, so that's pretty good. .
Everyday usage 9/10 I use it every day. Pretty happy with it so far.
Text input 10/10 Excellent input with the QWERTY keyboard. The keyboard buttons have a nice satisfying click to them. Predictive text is spot on for the most part.
Display 9/10 Good colors and brightness.
Battery 8/10 Lasts a long while for me. Internet use drains the battery pretty rapidly, but it can hold it's charge for upwards of 5hrs for me.

Pros

• Good Battery Life
  • Suprising Camera Quality
  • Responsive Touchscreen
  • Good Build Quality
  • Full QWERTY Keyboard
  • Loud Speaker
  • Good Call Quality
  • Custom Ringtones
  • Looks Good

Cons

• No Cons Yet

jason102178
posted on 14 Apr 2012, 01:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)

Good phone for the price.

jason102178 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was going to wait to get this phone, but seems like not many people are going to write a review, anyways i went a head and took a leap of faith on this phone and i have extensivly tested this phone.

Theres are 2 main problems personally for me that i disliked.

1. The touch screen is suppose to be capacitive instead of resistive, when receaving a text the phone will notify you with a bubble on the screen, i find my self having to click on it multiple times to open up a text message which can be very annoying...

.2.when receaiving text messages from a smartphone and someone sends you a smiley it doesnt show up like a smiley images, it just shows up as 2 dots and some lines, like this :-) talked to LG they said they would submit a ticket and see if they could release an update to fix this, if another feature phone sends a text with a smiley it shows up as normal.

Overall the build quality of this phone is good, nice and very stylish, altho the screen could be a little bit wider.

If you have never owned a touch screen before this phone can be un user friendly

Overall if LG would fix these 2 issues, this phone would be perfect, I would recommend this phone to anyone who wants a basic feature phone and do not want to pay the price of having a smartphone with the extra data add ons that you are required to get with any smartphone.

Build quality 8/10 The build quality is very sturdy but the device its self looks kind of plasticy
Call quality 9/10 Call quality is exceptional, i have not dropped any calls yet.
Internet 7/10 I gave it this rating because when going to certain websites because the display is not wide, some websites say do not recognize display settings, for example if you go to the rumpkin.com to send ringtone to this phone it will not work.
Multimedia 8/10 the speakers for multimedia could of been a little better, wish the sound could be higher then it currently can go but overall the sound quality is good.
Camera 8/10 Camera overall takes good pictures, but was disapointed that you could not zoon in and out, the zoom only works while in video mode
UI speed 7/10 I gave this rating because the UI speed is slower then most phones, and it sometimes lags when trying to do things.
Text input 9/10 Text is very nice , keys are easy to push, the keypad lights up purple, but i gave it a lower rating because the emotions and smileys not showing up correctly
Display 7/10 I gave it this rating because the screen could of been wider and having to touch screen multiple times to get it to do what i wanted.
Battery 7/10 Battery gets about 5 hours of continuous talk time

Pros

• Stylish
  • Great Themes
  • Tons of Ringers
  • Battery Life is 4 hours when texting
  • Keypad is nice"back light of keys is purple"
  • Call Quality is Good
  • good photo quality
  • zoom while recording video
  • Auto Lock if screen is not touched
  • Large buttons for dialing on screen

Cons

• Lack of lock feature
  • Only comes in 1 color
  • capacitive touch screen could be better
  • Smileys not showing up.
  • Sometims the UI Lags
  • Doesn't Come with a memory card
  • Zoom not available while taking pictures