LG RUMOR User Reviews

Based Laugha
posted on 12 Aug 2008, 23:55

This is a cool phone with the texting and the music player. i got two for 50 dollars and think that both phones were worth the 50 bucks

Cassie
posted on 12 Aug 2008, 10:19

Luv Luv Luv it!

This phone is awesome for teenagers who luv txting! it is also stylish and comes in a variety of colors (i got purple)! i luv the instant messenger style txting!

lt
posted on 11 Aug 2008, 14:40

LG

everyone wants to gripe because the phone has only a decent camera. Remember it is a phone not a digital camera. They also want to gripe about the internet speed. Remember it is a phone not a computer. I think it is a good phone. The keyboard is easy access to easy texting. I always have a strong signal and the battery life is awesome. If you are thinking about buying a phone to make calls and send texts then this is a bang for the buck. If you are looking for optimum speed online and 10 megapixel pictures then buy a computer and a digital camera. Overall 7/10...

Cheryl
posted on 08 Aug 2008, 08:20

3.8

I have had the rumor for a few months now and have had to have two replacements. I am not hard on cell phones so i dont understand why they keep messing up on me. My phone will randomly connect to the internet which is quite annoying and then somethimes it will shut itself off! This gets very bothersome. I am quite dissapointed with this phone and am upgrading to the Instinct!!!

Elizabeth
posted on 06 Aug 2008, 18:47

good phone, not perfect,not bad

well, i got the Scoop/Rumor a little over two months ago and it hasn't crapped out on me,lol...the only thing i don't like is when i'm texting if i havn't texted for a long while it takes forever to type a text cause the letters wont register and if you hold the back button too long it deletes the whole thing,lol
other than that its a good phone,love that i can put a video as my wallpaper

posted on 04 Aug 2008, 15:11

6.4

A good phone... at first.

At first I thought this was a great choice for a phone, but after about a month and a half, things got wacky. My screen started going crazy, turning black, white, or streaked with colors. The phone would shut off randomly, and texting got difficult because hitting the backspace button once would often result in deleting my whole message. Just a week from when these things started happening, the phone stopped trying altogether, and i was left with a white screen when the phone is on. I'd think it was just a bad individual phone, but my sister, and two of my friends have the same phone. They are also having the same troubles like I discribed above.
Many of the others' reviews are from people who just got the phone a few days or a week ago, and if i would have read them when i first got the phone, i'd agree wholeheartedly with their great reviews. Now, I can tell you from just a month or so's experience, this phone isn't worth the headaches it will cause.

Bryon
posted on 04 Aug 2008, 00:12

Its a good one:) lol

My friends got the black/blue one & Overall i think this is a great phone.
What i like about it:
- Keyboard.
- organization of phone.
- size.
- screen display.
- picture quailty.
- nice feel to outside texture of the phone

What i dont like about the Rumor:
- really; nothing. haha.
[everyone has their opinions of this phone.
Some of them i just dont get; like the screen quality
being washed out? really? because i seen this phone
in person and the colors ARE NOT washed out.. but
like i said, everyone has their own opinion on this phone.]

There you go.
I know alot of people who has
this cell phone so i know alot of people like it.
If anyone wants to buy this phone, go ahead.
i dont think you would be dissapointed lol.

Ali
posted on 02 Aug 2008, 21:58

STUPIDEST PHONE EVER!!!!

this phone was working great for me at first then it went GAYYYYYY IT SHUTS DOWN ON ME SIX TIMES A DAY. SCREEN IS MESSED UP AND SIDES WAY. THE BATTERY DYES TWO TIMES A DAY. KEYPAD FADES OFF. WONT TYPE WORDS OFF AND ON. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& WAYYYY MORE!

!!!!!!DONT BUY THIS PHONE WHATEVER YOU DO!!!!!!!!

s.scherer
posted on 02 Aug 2008, 06:25

after a month with the rumor, it does everything i want it to. Now that Sprint updated the web browser to google, the web is easy to access and is a reasonable substitute for a P.C.. All in all the rumor has good range with sprint's network and is a great phone for the money.

Tiffany
posted on 31 Jul 2008, 16:32

Worst Phone I've had

This is the worst phone I've owned so far. When I'm texting it will randomly freeze and not let me use any of the keys without restarting my phone. It doesn't send pictures half the time.. The camera is slow and not that great. Also, it's randomly restarted itself many times as well. I'm very unsatisfied. I feel like I wasted my money.

Jayme
posted on 27 Jul 2008, 08:06

LG Rumor Review

I also just recently purchased the Rumor from US Cellular less than a month ago. My keyboard on the thing freezes at random though. Sometimes it will work again after powercycling.Other times I will have to completely take out the battery and restart the device. I took it back to US Cellular and the rep also told me about the software glitch. Too bad this is one of the only QWERTY keyboard phones they have that doesn't require Windows Mobile for 24.95 per month! Looks like I'm stuck with it. Hopefully they'll come out with new software soon!!!

LOVELYLADY
posted on 27 Jul 2008, 02:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Jul 2008)

I HATE THE RUMOR LG!

I AGREE ABOUT THE RUMOR. I SENT MINE BACK. PLUS, IT DOESN'T DO WHAT THE SPRINT SALES PERSON TOLD ME IT WOULD DO OVER THE PHONE. THE BEST THING ABOUT THE RUMOR LG IS YOU'RE ABLE TO RESTRICT YOUR CALLS 2 "CONTACTS ONLY". YES, IT DOES SHUT OFF WHENEVER IT WANTS 2 AND AT THE WORST TIMES SO I FEEL YOU ALL ON THAT.

Kathy
posted on 26 Jul 2008, 12:10

I have had this phone for about a week and I really like it. I do more texting than talking these days so I went with this phone because of the QWERTY sliding keyboard. One of the US cellular agents told me that there was something wrong with the software being slow, but so far I think she was lying because I find nothing slow about it. (I think she just wanted me to get a more expensive phone, which I later gave into, but came back about a few weeks later to get this one.)

L2 the ORI
posted on 22 Jul 2008, 22:33

4.2

Been there

This phone bites. The buttons wear off fast and its suppose to be a number one phone for texting?!? Come on... it also likes to freeze up and power off whenever. The sounds that get put off of it bites. I only like the picture ability and thats not worth the money I paid for it.

S K W
posted on 15 Jul 2008, 19:29

6.6

Buyer Beware

The phone has a unique design and has numerous positive attributes, however these are void when the phone freezes up and has to be exchanged 3 times within a 45 day period. I do strongly recommend that you get the insurance and the micro SD memory card so you do not lose your pictures, videos, and memo recordings each time you change phones. Did I mention it had to be exchanged 3 times in 45 days? The manual is vague and does not explain how the less obvious features work. Additionally, I personally lost 10 downloads of ring tones and two games that under our system could not be saved to the micro SD card. So in addition to the deductible cost, I lost money on various downloads. It is a great phone when it works; it just does not work long enough. I am awaiting my third phone.

Jordyn
posted on 12 Jul 2008, 15:15

Rumor..

I got this phone in November, week of Thanksgiving. So I got it right away. And I got the white one. It had loud voice&speakerphone, sent messages quickly. But was not a durable phone at all. It looks cool, but is one of the worst phones to get if you have problems with phones breaking. If you even drop this phone a few times, it will stop working. I have gone through 7 of them. So I finally gave up and decided to get a Samsung m300.

nino
posted on 11 Jul 2008, 19:11

THIS IS THE BEST SPRINT PHONE I HAVE EVER HAD

I turned in my slow moto krzr for this phone and paid the ful 279 and it was worth every penny.I text on average 7,000 a month and boy did this come in handy. the phone is small to handle which makes it easy to text even with one hand! you have two options to text. If you are a texter this is the phone to get. I revcently got the SPrint Instinct when it first came out and now i am getting rid of it!!!! I just bought me a new rumor online for full price and didnt bother me one bit for spending tht

shelby
posted on 11 Jul 2008, 00:52

i love it.

i love my lg rumour. i think the camera could be better but all in all it is a great phone. i love the qwerty keyboard, the sound is great and it holds a lot of contacts! the battery lasts a long time and it doesnt scratch easily.

Bam
posted on 08 Jul 2008, 23:33

wow.

i got my FIRST lg rumor in february and im waiting for my third one to come in now.
i like the phone but i will admit that it does have a lot of problems.
1. it wiped out EVERYTHING in my phone
2. it randomly shuts off by itself at the worst times
3. sometimes it takes a minute for the letters you type to show up on the screen.
4. there isnt a flash on the camera and the picture quality could be better.
5. sometimes the QWERTY keypad letters stop working

ALSO, for a phone built mostly for messaging, the phone doesnt hold that many messages.

the problem i had with the last phone was that it stopped connecting to the charger
and it scratches very easily.

i guess there are more negatives then positives but im a texter and i havnt found another phone with a QWERTY keyboard that i would prefer over the rumor

Brooke
posted on 08 Jul 2008, 15:16

5.4

Not Good but not that bad

I have had my LG Scoop for Prolly 2 months now and I Started having problems with it with the keyboard not working all the time and I don't know they just aren't what they are all cracked up to be. Everyone said this was a good phone but I think I liked my Rocker better. That is the only phone I have ever had that was decent enough and one that is reliable.

zach
posted on 07 Jul 2008, 00:37

i like mine!

ive had mine for a few months and its great. as far as internet, the stock browser is lacking, but if you download Opera Mini you can view nearly ALL websites so that fixes that problem. mine doesnt turn off randomly or drop signal or anything like that. its been better than my last plain-jane samsung flip phone. the battery life is great and the speaker is loud. i have no major complaints about mine. i was worried when i first got it but now i love it

Beecher
posted on 05 Jul 2008, 19:47

great phone

Overall this is a great phone. It has the biggest keyboard buttons on a phone and the keyboard is easy to use. the screen is very large and the features are pretty good. The only thing wrong with the phone is the camera. it does not have good quality.

Mike
posted on 30 Jun 2008, 14:08

Why?

I'm in the market for a new phone only because i'm adding another line and right now i have the LG ux380 and i'm pretty impressed with the phone hence me looking at this one because i'm 21 and a huge into texting. I could careless about the internet because personally i think its a HUGE waste on money especially on overpriced plan..everyones plan on every carrier is over priced. I've been reading a ton of reviews on a lot of different phones and this is what i've come to find out..

1. everyone seems to have a complaint its usually because of their carrier and blame it on the phone being crappy.

2.Dropped calls WILL happen, thats not the phones fault.

3. Random restarts for no reasons happen all the time on ALL phones. i've probably gone through 20 phones from really expensive and really cheap...all of them have about the same rate of restarts for no reason. when you start mashing keys and thumbs deep into a cell phone against a circut board thats smaller than the battery inside its bound to happen.

4. The keybored on this thing was desinged for texting and not internet or anything more. If you bought this phone for the internet your an idiot. you were either lied to at the store or your an idiot.

Lastly. I see a lot of complaints about the size of the keyboard which i honestly dont get. What were you expecting. the size of your desktop keyboard? So yes, its going to take time to get use to. If you think these keys are too small, look a blackberry peral. You pretty...

posted on 26 Jun 2008, 23:43

awesome phone great for texting!

Evan
posted on 24 Jun 2008, 16:42

OKAY phone

nothing special, it tends to erase ALL of your text sometimes while bvack spacing, espeically on those reallly long textxs. Oh well i geuss its worth it. all in all id give it a 6/10