LG RUMOR User Reviews

BlahbLAHBLAH
posted on 07 Nov 2008, 18:05

1.3

WHATEVER YOU DO DONT BUY THIS PHONE!!!

THIS IS PROLLY THE WORST PHONE EVER!!!! IT HAS SO MANY PROBLEMS, I AM TOTALLY SICK OF IT. I TELL MY FRIENDS DONT GET THIS PHONE AND THEY DO AND NOW THEY ALL REGRET IT..... ITS FINE FOR A MONTH THEN IT COMPLETELY TURNS TO S*** I HAVE HAS MINE IN THREE TIMES!!! STILL THE SAME PROBLEMS!!

posted on 07 Nov 2008, 07:57

Don't go for US Cellular.

I have had my pearl white phone since April of this year. Not even having it for a month and I had to bring it in for repair... 4-6 weeks without a phone! Now, being November, here I go again bringing it repair for another 4-6 weeks. I'm tired of losing all my pictures, contacts, saved text messages, saved voicemails. I can't text using the slide out keyboard because it always is freezing on me! It's a phone and its a pain in the butt. I recommened not getting it for US Cellular. My sister has the same phone, but for Sprint since March of this year, and not once has she had a problem with it. This is the worst phone I have ever had!!!!

Pros

• -Pretty color

Cons

• -Freezing texts
  • -screen goes black even when texting
  • -screen goes white
  • -battery doesn't last long

Scott Pontoni
posted on 06 Nov 2008, 00:32

Wow... Disappointment!

I have the US Cellular version of this phone.  I am not happy with it so far.
Problems:
1) Shuts off randomly. no warnings. no nothing. INCONVENIENT!
2) Freezes up and texting takes forever.  (I don't even text much at all...)
3) Low battery warning is WAY too frequent.  Annoying as hell when it vibrates (exactly like a new text) or beeps ALL the time.
4) Once I do get to the low battery state... my phone hardly lasts 30 mins.
5) When you set it to vibrate using the side button, it vibrates after a second or two on the setting.  (This makes it very inconvenient to put it to vibrate without looking at it.  Why not make it like Motorola and vibrate instantly when it is on vibrate to let you know it is on vibrate.
6)  Does not allow different text message ID noises/vibrations. (I thought this phone was geared toward heavy texters!!??)
7) Texting a contact is not quite as streamlined as it could be.

I am very surprised that LG released a phone with the problems this phone has.  Its not just me... search around, lots of people have these problems.  Can someone say "firmware update"???

I would not recommend this phone to people.

Pros

• * Keyboard!
  • * unblocked mp3 player (US Cellular)
  • * SD card slot

Cons

• Lots... see the fat list above.

ds
posted on 03 Nov 2008, 19:42

still undecided about the LG UX260

I have had my phone a little over a month now. Just a couple days ago I started having trouble with my backlight. It would come on, but only dimly. I called US Cellular and they tried to have me restore my setting back to the factory settings but this did nothing. The shipped me out a replacement that should arrive in a couple days. I dropped my phone today, and tahdah, the backlight works. I decided I will keep the phone I already have because I have images and applications I downloaded on the phone. All is good with it for now, however, I have also had some issue with texting, but only sporadically.
On a side not, my husband has the same phone, only in black, and has had it the same amount of time. It was working perfectly yesterday, then he goes to pull it out of his pocket and notices that the screen is completely white with a crack through the middle, only the crack is on the inside. Again, I consulted US Cellular and they said it sounded like something that wasn't covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Good thing we have insurance on it, hopefully they will replace the phone. I asked the rep. how this could have happened and he said probably because he kept it in his pocket. The screen is large and he thinks maybe he bent a certain way and it damaged the screen. I don't know about this, but I'm in a 2 year contract so I hope this phone is going to work out. I can't afford to pay a $50 deductable every month.

Pros

• Compact and light weight.
  • Cool design and slide out keyboard.

Cons

• Slow texting some of the time, seems to still have some flaws in the software.

Qui-Wi
posted on 02 Nov 2008, 05:38

I fell in love with this phone at first sight.....

I've had my phone for about 3 months now. The phone started out excellent. I had no complaints until about a month ago I started having problems with reception and dropped calls. Then I realized that I was recieving my picture mails as text messages. When I got that taken care of, I realized that my picture mails are not animated when they are supposed to be. They were in txt but not in pic mail. I talked to a represenitive and they told me that only the text messages can come animated. Now what sense does that make??? A picture is more likely to be animated than words. Then when I got a bluetooth for my phone, I couldn't hear the ringtone thru the earpiece...because the phone is not "stereo". My phone beeps alot for no reason while I'm on the phone and say "NOT AVAILABLE DURING AN ACTIVE CALL" when nothing is trying to be done. Then sometimes the phone just shuts off by it's self and makes no sound. Sometimes when I dial out it says "DATA CALL IN PROCESS, PLEASE WAIT". When I take a picture on this phone, it comes out fuzzy/blurred, as well as video's, and this phone has no flash so pic's are dark and not clear. I don't know what is up with this phone but just because it was sooooo cute, I ended up stuck with this phone with a 2 year contract.

Pros

• Lovely looking, slide out keyboard, nice sound.

Cons

• Scratches easily, poor camera, not in "stereo", gets poor reception.

Aaron P
posted on 01 Nov 2008, 08:12

Rumor shmumor...

I have now had three RUMORs. My first one was in my pocket and the LCD screen cracked causing bleedout, rendering the phone and all of my contacts scrap. My second RUMOR was just great! To rewind, the LX260 really is a phone to fall in love with. The texting capabilities are great, the media player is awesome when paired with a decent size memory card, and the phone looks and feels super cool. So I get my son a RUMOR. He loved it too. Until the screen started going fuzzy. It started doing it on occasion and opening and closing the phone would correct the screen static. It got worse fast, and now the screens content is illegible. Contacted LG and they gave me a return authorization with no problem, other than it will take three weeks to get the repaired phone or a replacement. No sooner than I got the RA my RUMOR started doing the same thing! I had a backup phone for my son to use while his was out for repair, but I had no backup phone for myself. So I take my phone and my son's which I had not yet returned to LG to the Sprint store. The customer service chic tells me that they have seen this problem alot with the RUMOR and they are authorized to replace it with a new phone for $35 each. My concern is, how many times will I need to spend $35 each before I get a phone without issues. I believe that, given the history of issues with these phones Sprint should offer a substitution rather than forcing customers to get the same phone again. The phone obviously has some built...

Pros

• Cool feel and look. Great text keyboard. Nice big bright screen. Music player and memory capacity. Lots of phone cases and accessories available.

Cons

• Screen goes out/gets fuzzy. Phone gets scratched up real easy.

posted on 31 Oct 2008, 16:26

I hate it!

Hmm so I hate this phone... I bought it cause i liked the keyboad for texting but low and behold i realized really fast that that part sucks... So I will explain... you know when your typing a really long important message and you go to erase one letter... yeah the back button on my phone likes to erase the whole message when i try to us it! When my phone battery dies... the phone doesn't shut off it freezes on a white screen... IF ITS DEAD IT SHOULDN'T STAY ON!.. so then you have to take the battery out. I've had this phone since it was released I liked it for the first month i had it then it started to lag and take forever and the service started getting worse and worse, the battery doesn't last as long, the keyboard starts getting scratched from sliding it open....and i never use the keyboard, and for some reason its hard to get any charger to actually charge the phone. I like how you can have your conversations in chat form though.

Pros

• pretty good for texting

Cons

• damn near everything you can think of

posted on 30 Oct 2008, 10:31

Great phone!! At first...

I got this phone as it was the cheapest one they had with a qwerty keyboard, and as I do I lot of texting, I though it would be great.  At first it was! The keyboard worked smoothly, phonebook was well organised, multiple contacts for a single person has really saved me alot of clutter, and I even thought it looked nice.  About 3 months down the line, however, the screen is scratched to all hell from, as near as I can tell, pocket lint... Plus the ever persistant problem that, well, the qwerty keypad that I bought it for, DOESNT WORK!! Around month 2 of owning the phone I started noticing that I couldnt type full speed, or else it would start to lock up, pretty soon, it didnt matter how slow I typed, it could only register about 1 letter every 3-4 seconds.  In the past month, I havent slid the keypad open at all, just ben texting with the num-pad, thereby making this phone about as useful as any other 99cent phone that gets thrown at you when you renew your contract...

Pros

• Nice looking phone
  • On Alltel, I get service nearly everywhere.

Cons

• Phone constantly freezes up.
  • Camera takes thebtter part of 30seconds to load up
  • Cant play mp3 files as ringers
  • Keypad is useless after about 3 weeks of use

posted on 17 Oct 2008, 09:50

LG RUMOR PIECE OF JUNK

I got my sprint Lg Rumor phone on December 31, 2007.  I thought this was the coolest phone with the keyboard.  I did not have any trouble with the phone until October 10th.  The display screen is shorted out.  I call sprint for a replacement and they told me that they would ship me another one.  It is now October 17th and when I call them they cant find any tracking number as if the replacement phone was never shipped.  They contact the warehouse to find out the status of my replacement.  I finally get someone competent enough to actually follow thru and they report to me that the replacement is on back order indefinantly.  So they tell me I have to wait with not having the use of a phone.  Yeah, your right! I will have to wait for the indefinant replacement.  Wonder how long that will take.  So I speak with Customer Care and tell them that I need a phone!  They try arguing with me about why I don't want to wait. Well, for one I am paying for a phone that I can't use and am paying for and why would any phone company leave their customers stranded.  It took an act of God to find out that they never shipped my replacement in the first place.  So buyer beware!!!!!  I loved the phone while it worked but you can't get a replacement when it doesn't and you will have to wait on them to replace it!!!!!  So, I take my phone to The Woodlands repair store.  The guy was very helpful and told me YES THE RUMOR...

Pros

• User friendly

Cons

• It is a pile of junk. And Sprint won't replace it for you. Not without a knock down drag out fight. And that is to only get a new one that we all know will fail too.

Someone
posted on 17 Oct 2008, 08:12

Good phone, but bad quality

I've had the Rumor for about two months. My first rumor broke within a month. The screen got scratched and then the whole inside got messed up and the screen went shot. (I don't really get how a little scratch can cause all that.) We took it to the Sprint repair shop and said that they couldn't fix it, and that we should just buy a new phone. I got a new phone, and now I'm super careful with it. I haven't had any problems with the new one, yet, but it was quite annoying. It is a great phone for texting, though.

Pros

• Good for texting
  • Cool Features

Cons

• Not the best quality
  • Blurry Camera

Scott Brewer
posted on 13 Oct 2008, 19:17

I want to kill this phone!

I bought the Rumor when it first came out and Life was Good.  The phone looks cool and the qwerty keyboard is sweet.  My friends all fell in love with it too and got their own Rumors.  Then the problems started.  The phone freezes up and/or just shuts off for no reason at all.  Checking email, reading/writing text messages and simply checking the time are all too much for this phone to handle.  My friends all have the same problems.  LG sent me a replacement and the new phone started doing the same thing within 24 hours of activation.  The new one is actually worse then the first phone!  Firmware updates, cleaning the battery contacts and frequently turning the phone off then on again have not solved the problems...this is just a poorly build phone.

Pros

• Qwerty Keyboard

Cons

• The phone can not successfully operate without freezing up and shutting down for no reason.

A_User
posted on 10 Oct 2008, 22:11

Pretty good

I've had this phone for three monthes. I'm a teen and i text constantly. I have heard and seen the other reviews for this phone, and i think everyone is being too harsh. I have had NO troubles  with this phone, and i have even dropped it three times on tile, and it works perfectly. Of course the internet costs money, that's not the phone, that's the company you have. If you charge it for five hours, it usually lasts me more than half the day.it's very easy for texting, with the QWERTY keyboard too. ALthough, i was disapointed with the camera quality, i got over it. This phone is great(if u treat it well). And it seems to be pretty reliable.

Pros

• quick for texting
  • reliable
  • turns on easily

Cons

• camera is a little blurry
  • doesn't have a very large memory without memory card

posted on 06 Oct 2008, 11:11

I have this phone on US Cellular and it constantly freezes, the keypad will freeze up and stop working and you'll have to restart the phone about every hour. THIS IS ONLY ON US CELLULAR, I've spoken with other people I know who have this phone on US Cellular and they have this problem, if you're going to get it get it with sprint or verizon.

abbie8084
posted on 06 Oct 2008, 10:22

good phone

So far no problems but the memory cards are giving us some trouble. not as many features as my old motorola. just an okay phone but wonderful to txt on i love that,

Pros

• great for texting
  • great look
  • easy to use

Cons

• very very very loud ring tones
  • bulky
  • clicky loud buttons

Brad carson
posted on 05 Oct 2008, 11:46

LG scoop haha

Well everyone this phone is pretty good. I broke my lat 2 phones and fot this one for 50 dollars so this is not bad. Ive heard everyone talk about restarts and things but i have had my phone for about a month and i have had none of that. The texting is great, it turns on in about 10 seconds, and i has a large screen. overall a pretty good phone.

Pros

• Great for texting, large screen

Cons

• seems like it would break easily

Lori
posted on 02 Oct 2008, 11:56

LG Rumor with Sprint

Bad phone.  My daughter liked it for texting and the keyboard is great, however, we've had two (2) phones that had the charger port break.  We had "fix" insurance for $4/month.  Both times, the tech said the charger port came off the motherboard and there is nothing they can do about it.  We got a used phone from a friend and she charges on that phone and switches batteries all the time.  The one we use as a charger just sits there for that purpose.  Luckily that one hasn't broken yet.  Very unhappy with this phone since two had same defect and Sprint won't fix.

posted on 29 Sep 2008, 15:21

Not Great.

Well, I bought this phone in April, thinking it would be the greatest thing in the world. So I waltzed down to my local Alltel Store to pick up this lovely hunk of metal. I LOVED it for the first few.... mili-seconds. Then I realized that it was HUGE. Thick and tall. Next, while scrolling through the menus, I liked what I saw, but not what I heard. CLICK, CLACK, CLICK-CLICK! Every time I pushed a button, I would hear a cheap plastic-y clacking noise. Attractive..... hmmmph. Next I texted a friend of mine, to see if the texting was as great as it was said to be. Yes, actually, believe it or not, it was. Quick and easy. But when my friend replied to me, I about jumped three feet in the air. These ringtones are LOUD. Even on volume one, they could wake the dead. I decided (unwisely), that this phone would be acceptable, and for the next two months I just kind of lived with it. Until it broke. The screen started freaking out, with crazy lines in all directions. Now, I'm not saying that I treated that thing very well, because I didn't. I have a hard time with electronics, in the way that I tend to throw them around or drop them a lot. But I didn't do anything particularly harmful to it either. It had a few scratches on it, but nothing major. Just one day when I was a the pool downtown, the screen quit. I could reboot the phone and it would be fine again, so I didn't think much of it. Until it quit completely. Pathetic. In my opinion, if an electronic stops working, there should be...

Pros

• -Quick and easy texting
  • -Nice menus

Cons

• -Loud CLICK-ing button noises
  • -HUGE
  • -Overly loud ringtones
  • -Broke within the first two months
  • -Cheesy

tiff
posted on 25 Sep 2008, 11:28

piece of crap

i got this phone...im a teen and i loooove to txt, but this piece of crap broke on me within the first 2 mos..so i went back to the store and they jus looked at me like i was nuts, the damned keypad doesnt want to work no more. poor lil thing...and on top of all of that, it shuts off...and it will sign me into easyedge and all this other bull and i get charged to use the net so its sum BULL....i hate it.

posted on 23 Sep 2008, 17:10

horrible

had it five months and had to send it off three times to get fixed.It freezes up and turns white and turns off by itself.I have had nothing but trouble w/ it. Finally traded it in today.

bri
posted on 20 Sep 2008, 22:16

do not buy this phone!

this phone is absolutely HORRIBLE!!! at first sight it looks like a cool phone since it has a keyboard and is amazing to text. however...sometimes the back button erases the whole message and sometimes the keyboard stops working all together and you have to turn the phone off and back on for it to work again. it shuts off by itself sometimes. the battery is awful. my phone also makes random data calls...? which some people tell me is because of water damage but i know for sure that i dont have water damage because my white dot in the back is not red. so- i would not advise anyone to buy this phone. if u want a keyboard go all out and buy a smart phone. it is SO worth it! oh- and the quality of the camera is awful.

Pros

• fast texting when it works

Cons

• keyboard sometimes doesnt work
  • camera quality

14Lines
posted on 20 Sep 2008, 21:52

LG Scoop

Bought my first 2 Scoops 2 days after release for Alltel, and over the course of the next month bought 2 more for my teenagers.  Have had to do several warranty replacements on one of them only to be told it is a software issue in the phone that is causing it to power itself off or keys not respond properly.  Now, one of the others is acting the same way.  Other 2 seem to be fine, although they aren't used nearly as much as the others.  According to technical support, taking it to a company Alltel store and having flashed is the only way to fix the issue, but not always a convenient option as it does take a LONG time to flash it.  My experience took nearly 2 hours to have the phone flashed.  The design is awesome for text-a-holics.  Did not care much for the camera as it doesn't do "self-portrait" pics.  Sound quality can sometimes be distorted.  If you can live with those issues, it is a great phone and certainly comes with plenty of applications available and color choices.

Pros

• easy texting and easy to use

Cons

• powers off, sound distortion.

KEITH
posted on 12 Sep 2008, 21:05

Really good.

Well, the phone is really good, but i have had some problems with it. (MINOR) the two have to deal with the memory card. Within the first week of having it, my memory card slot broke (the spring mechanism) so i got the phone replaced. Also, when my phone dies, it wipes the memory card. (If you dont recharge soon)

Pros

• Easy to use, fun, small.

Cons

• Like I said, the memory card details are faulty.

Leanne
posted on 12 Sep 2008, 07:24

LG Rumor

I have had this phone for 6 months and have not had any problems that some of the people that have posted have had. I LOVE this phone, I got one for myself and my daughter as all we do is text and it is perfect.
No problems with the screen quality or phone doing anything funny, it is a great phone and a great value.
I highly recommend this phone for anyone shopping around for one.

does it matter?
posted on 30 Aug 2008, 16:57

i love this phone.

I've had this phone for a few weeks, and it's amazing. i have unlimited texting, so this phone is perfect for me.  the camera is fine, considering the rumor is a phone and not a camera. i don't use the internet broswer on it, so i can't comment on that. the texting is good, i just keep forgetting i can't hold the back button down, 'cos it deletes everything. all in all, this is a fabulous phone, and i really do recommend it.

Pros

• keyboard, camera, texting is easy, the vibrations are strong (that sounds so dirty), and the battery life is great.

Kylie
posted on 15 Aug 2008, 19:10

Horrible

i've had my orange LG scoop since april. i paid 50:00 for it through alltel. i loved this phone and when i first got it people said it looked a felt cheap, and i didn't believe them. well they were right, i'm working on my 3rd LG scoop. due to software problems, it shuts off randomly it's a horrible phone definitly not worth the money people are spending on them, go with another company and get the EnV2 much much better purchase.