LG RUMOR User Reviews

BLAHH
posted on 18 Jan 2009, 00:27

EWWWWW

Okk i have this phone and it is the worst dont get it! the looks re nice but in 3 days it will start shutting off on you, say battery required, and send a text while your still typing. i feel like breaking mine in half!b The guy at the store sed tht red was the newest and they downloaded new software and tht would hep it not do tht stuff bud noppee it still turns off. also the call button is on the front and when its in your pocket if u accadentily sit on it it will maybe call someone then if their anoyying then u will sit there a long time because of the dumb phone.! ughh eww dont waste your money on this hunk-a-junkk! :)    LISTEN TO MY ADVICEE!

Pros

• Apperance

Cons

• everything else!

jordan
posted on 15 Jan 2009, 17:35

RUMOR=WORST PHONE I EVER BOUGHT

okay, well i received this phone as a gift and at first, it was great. but after a month, it started randomley shutting itself off, and after two, the keybord completley stoppped working! service is horrible, all picyures come out bad. and on top of that any music in the media player, can not be your ring tone!

Pros

• big screen,
  • keyboard,
  • battery life.

Cons

• everything else:
  • its slow,
  • breaks easily,
  • shuts of on its own,
  • camera quality,
  • never has service.

posted on 14 Jan 2009, 13:19

Good looking phone, but has issues

When I renewed my contract with US Cellular, I chose this phone basically because it was the only non-smart phone that had the QWERTY keyboard, and didn't require an insanely expensive service agreement to get the rebate. It's a good looking phone, but the day after I got it, I started noticing issues. The keyboard isn't very responsive, and sometimes it takes multiple tries to get one letter to show up. It would be great for texting (since that was the main reason I got it), but only if you could type at a normal speed and have the words show up as you wanted. I have yet to bring it back, but trust me, I will, and hopefully they can either solve this problem or replace my phone.

Pros

• nice layout
  • QWERTY keyboard

Cons

• keyboard works like crap

Frustrated
posted on 10 Jan 2009, 12:18

LG Stands for "Looks Good" and That's About It!!!

I bought the Scoop from Alltel and was curioius to see if the Rumor users had the same problems.  Based on the these reviews, I have confirmed that LG made a piece of crap phone!!  Contrary to one reviewer's opinion, these problems are NOT the fault of the carrier.  There is a common theme among all versions of this phone from LG.  It shuts off randomly, which causes you to lose texts and the keys on the keyboard either don't work at all, work on a random basis, or cannot keep up with the speed of texting.
Too bad because this phone looks cool, comes in great colors and the slide our keyboard was a great idea for avid texters like me.  I don't even care about the camera, it would just be nice if the phone actually worked properly!  If you like this phone, you must have just gotten it recently.  Just wait...  This is my first and last LG phone.

posted on 08 Jan 2009, 15:38

I got this phone for my 11 year old when it first came out. I like that it has a mp3 player.He texts like crazy, and loves the slide out keyboard. He's had no problems. He is a skateborder, and keeps the phone in his pocket at all times, so it has survived some serious falls.

Jules
posted on 07 Jan 2009, 20:32 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Jan 2009)

Horrible Phone!

I have had 2 of the LG Rumors since June and 1 has only last me 1 1/2 months!  Mine first started by turning itself on and off then the screen started to get lines through it before going completely out!  The 2nd has started the same thing. Shuts off, freezes up to where I have to remove the battery and reinstall it to get it to unlock!  About the only think I like is the slide out full keyboard!  Camera doesn't take good pics! I'm moving up to a rant!   Would not recommend these to anyone!!

Pros

• slide out keyboard

Cons

• camera doesn't take good pics
  • not enough memory
  • very defective in design

Erick
posted on 02 Jan 2009, 16:57

Could be more reliable!

My fiancee and I purchased two of these phones when our current contract with U.S. Cellular was nearing it's end. The features listed seemed great, plus we weren't really wanting to move up to a smart phone. The most attractive feature I would say was the slide out keyboard for txting.
Right off the bat we started noticing problems, a couple of clicks would clear the entire message, the keyboard would freeze up after a few txts, signal wasn't very strong, calls would frequently drop, and various others.
We got used to the occasional restarts, and just moved on until finally one day my fiancee's phone started phantom calling and txting people and wouldn't shut off on command. Near the same time, my phone started acting up with the internal and external speaker sounding muffled as if there was wax paper over the speaker. I took both phones into U.S. Cellular and processed them for repair. My friend is an agent there and he warned me it may be more than month or two before we get them back as they go back to LG directly.
A couple of weeks went by and we got a call, her phone came back, but not mine.. alright that's fine. So she goes and picks it up, and the claim was that it was "New". It came in a new container to the store, it had *some* plastic coverings on it. Well the first thing I noticed when she got it home was that one of the back screw covers was missing and asked her if it had any plastic on it, as the screen looked like it had a small scuff in it. I call her on it, and...

Pros

• Nice looking design
  • Nice apps included with U.S. Cellular
  • Slide out keyboard
  • Easy to access memory card slot

Cons

• Drops calls frequently
  • Keyboard / sliding feature lags
  • Freezes constantly
  • Poor battery life (but still better than a RAZR)
  • Random resets
  • Slow startup from power off
  • Proprietary data cable

Agc893fl
posted on 28 Dec 2008, 13:36

BAD

I have had this phone for several months and am very dissapointed. The sliding keyboard no longer works. Personally I would say do not get this phone.

Pros

Cons

• Freezing

Syda
posted on 26 Dec 2008, 15:55

I love this phone

This Phone works great I love it and the txting is great!! I like the design and everything about it!! except....that when u  recored a video  it can ONLY be 15 seconds...but over all the phone is great!

Pros

• everything...

Cons

• video is only 15 seconds...

ux260 hater
posted on 21 Dec 2008, 09:23

to Mr. Anonymous who railed on "the idiot"

Just wanted to say that "the idiot"'s review is of an LG UX260 made for US Cellular and that Mr. Anonymous's review is probably for a Sprint version (LX260) since he described all the available colors and US Cellular only offers the White and Black/Blue version of this phone. Just keep in mind when reading reviews that, although this phone may have a lot of txting glitches for US Cellular users, it might just as easily not have those same issues on a different carrier since the software for phones differs from carrier to carrier. When reviewing, you should really only take into consideration reviews that apply to your carrier. That said, I think this is a totally unreliable phone for txting on with US Cellular and I hope Sprint and Alltel's version is much better. I would definitely not recommend this phone to any other US Cellular users.

ux260 hater - for txting reasons
posted on 21 Dec 2008, 09:08

if only the phone lived up to it's looks...

I bought this phone brand new in September for U.S. Cellular and boy am I glad I finally decided to sell it! I have had some really awesome phones (LG enV2 and Sony Ericsson! yeah!) and some really crappy phones (Motorola Razr and V325i, ick!) in my time, but this one really might just be one of the most disappointing just because I expect so much better from LG! I txt more than I talk, Using the QWERTY keyboard to txt on this phone is terrible (a few other friends of mine have the same one for US Cellular and have the same issues)! Sometimes when hitting a key it inputs 2 of that letter so you have to backspace; never failing, if I hit the back button 2wice in a row it would clear out my WHOLE MSG! Super frustrating when you're trying to txt, because you could end up spendin 10 mins just trying to send one msg if it keeps erasing it. Using the front of the phone wasn't much better since it lagged like crazy; I'd have 5 words typed and it would still be catching up with the 2nd and 3rd words on the screen. Terrible! Anyways txting is essential for me when looking at a phone, probably the biggest dealbreaker, so I'll rate the rest of the phone for those who don't care too much abt the txting (I'm gonna guess chances are if you have this phone you like to txt though :P). As far as the battery life goes, it was definitely good enough for me; it would last a couple days for me on vibrate with me txting like crazy (I don't really talk a lot on it, so I couldn't tell you how well it...

Pros

• Excellent Speakerphone
  • Decent Camera
  • Decent Battery Life

Cons

• TERRIBLE PHONE FOR TXTING (at least for US Cellular)!
  • Small keys on the QWERTY - sometimes it doubles the letters

Kurt
posted on 12 Dec 2008, 22:27

LG Rumor not a reliable phone

Not a reliable phone at all! I have gone through 3 replacements in a span of a month. They all had the same problem. It would shut off frequently and whenever i would press the "r" key on the on keyboard it would send the message. I was fed up with the replacements so I purchased the Samsung Rant and now I'm happier than ever. The Rumor is perhaps the worst phone Ihave ever seen...SERIOUSLY!!!

Pros

• sleek desgin, qwerty keyboard

Cons

• ringtone volume is low, keyboard doesn't work properly, phone frequently shuts off, keys are unresponsive to fast fingers

Jaz
posted on 11 Dec 2008, 22:35

LG Rumor

I personally think this phone sucks. Its sad i actually think my old cricket phone worked better than this this junkie phone.
My LIST of complaints
My phone shuts off random by its self.                                                                                                        It freezes up.                                                                                                                                       ...

Chigger200
posted on 10 Dec 2008, 19:22

its ok

This phone is ok it has a ton of glitches but it is a great texting phone.  I have ahd this phone for a couple months now and i realy want a new one.  I have the Orange Alltel one and it was great for the first week or so and then it started to just go blank and it would have static and turn itself off and reset itself. Then i sent it in and got a new one for free it worked good for about three days and now it erases the whole message if i slick backspace once.  It has a great keyboard a decent camera and it is pretty cool looking.  Hopefully with the new ones they came out with an update that fixes all of these problems but for now i wish i had a blackberry.

Pros

• Nice looks
  • Cheap price
  • Easy to use keyboard

Cons

• Camera is just okay not great
  • Lots of bugs
  • D-Pad makes loud cheap sounding clicks

ALG
posted on 09 Dec 2008, 19:34

glitches.

The bottom line is that this phone has GLITCHES, some of which take place only when the phone is on VIBRATE. pay close attention. When on vibrate and I try to backspace, sometimes it'll delete the whole message. Other times letters may not show up or just go extremely slow. sometimes when I go to send a message, i'll look at the service bar and see that the phone is randomly losing service, then it'll just turn off and the message is gone. Also sometimes if I go to type, nothing will show up or it will say exceeds available space. I know quite a few people with the same phone that have the exact same problems. I sure hope they've fixed these glitches on the updated version.

Pros

• QWERTY
  • ease of use

Cons

• All the horrible glitches.

Aaron P
posted on 09 Dec 2008, 12:50

On second thought...

Concerning my earlier post, attached below...
Sprint has now replaced all three of my phones with, what I have been told, the next generation of LX260 Rumors. Manufactured after September of 2008 and all worked out... Well, Once again I know why I like the phone so much (when it's working properly). It really is a nice looking, fun to use phone. Never have had power cycle issues with any of the now 6 LX260s that I have had, but the screen malfunction was across the board with my first 3 phones. If you go to Sprint, they will stand behind the phone, charging nothing to replace phones with the "known issue" of the "white/garbled screen". I was impressed with the quick and helpful service, and unless something goes wrong with my replacements I will be a RUMOR lover all over again. Keep texting... BTW if you add a 2 or 4 gig memory card the MP3 player is good, as long as you use a computer to organize your music for easy access. Plus you won't be limited to the 15 seconds of video mentioned in an earlier post.
15. Rumor shmumor...
1 Nov 2008 by Aaron P

60%6out of 10

I have now had three RUMORs. My first one was in my pocket and the LCD screen cracked causing bleedout, rendering the phone and all of my contacts scrap. My second RUMOR was just great! To rewind, the LX260 really is a phone to fall in love with. The texting capabilities are great, the media player is awesome when paired with a decent size memory card, and the phone looks and feels super cool. So...

Angela
posted on 06 Dec 2008, 10:48

Absolutly Horriable Phone!

I bought the rumor from US cellular in July. About a week after the purchase, the keyboard started to freeze up, and go slow. I also noticed when you hit the back key it deleted you whole message! Then It would start randomly turning itself off and ringing on silent. Also, about a week ago, I was blue toothing with my friend, and my phone shut itself off on full battery, and it completely erased my phones memory! It was so frustraiting.It also said my text messages were full when i had maybe 40 messages. I am very disappointed in the quality of this phone. This is my first LG and my last. Also id anyone goes into the store to get the software update, its only temporary help. It also took me two hours to get. I recomend looking for new phones on E-Bay. Im defently buying a new one before the end of the year. Bottom line- this phone is a cheap peice of JUNK!

Pros

• nice, comfortable design.
  • nice color.
  • music player.
  • blue tooth.
  • pretty loud speakers.
  • keyboard.
  • thin and smaller.

Cons

• easily scratchable.
  • slow!
  • horriable camera resolution
  • only 15 seconds of video.
  • poor graphics, and applications.
  • slow blue tooth.

posted on 02 Dec 2008, 09:24

to the idiot that posted about "the idiot"

You're wrong there. I read your review because I'm having the same issue as that person was. I checked in my options, auto delete was already disabled. I know what he's talking about. If you hit back twice, sometimes it will delete two characters, sometimes the entire thing, then you have to start all over. It's very frustrating if you're in a rush and texting something complex. It shouldnt have to be that irritating. The only thing I've found to work is to power cycle the entire phone, which sucks because if you are getting a text, it wont show up after you power cycle, it takes forever to enter into your inbox :P Oh, and I read the manual, thanks for that tip. :P jackass. Try to power cycle, or even sometimes i find a quick but very temporary fix is to text using the normal keypad for a bit, then try switching back to the qwerty

Your mom
posted on 01 Dec 2008, 05:59

Pretty Good

I have had my Rumor for almost a month now, and I greatly enjoy the phone.  The only complaint that I have had is that I'm going to have to purchase a memory card in order to use the internet the way I would like, but that is because I'm cheap and paid enough initially for the phone that I don't want to pay more to use the phone.  Outside of that, it's worked great, has done everything that I've needed it to.  Can I get a free memroy card for posting this! LOL

Pros

• works great
  • dependable
  • nice design
  • love the screen

Cons

• extra purchase for the memory chip

posted on 30 Nov 2008, 22:06

To the idiot, gizmoinva, that wrote:
"I too purchased the LG UX 260 through US Cellular. I got it because it was the only non-Blackberry inexpensive slider with a QWERTY keyboard. I do NOT recommend anyone buy this phone if they want to text efficiently. I complained the very next day after I got the phone about the text lag that occurs when you type a message. It will delete an entire message if you hit the backspace without warning. I took it back and US Cellular and they gave me a new one and the same thing happened with it. US Cellular told me they couldn't do anything else to help me after they swapped out my phone. I went on LG's website and submitted a help question to their tech support. Their tech support wanted me to send them my phone. This was after I told them about US Cellular swapping out my phone. I told them it would not help for me to send them my phone and me do without one for two weeks. I finally got to speak with a vice president of marketing or customer affairs from LG after I filed an official complaint. It took about a week for someone from LG's Alabama office to get him to call me. The LG VP didn't really care about what I had to say about this terrible phone. He told me that I would have to send in the phone in order for them to accurately determine the root cause as to why my phone was not working as desired. I proceeded to tell him about the hundreds of internet posts by other dissatisfied owners of this phone. He acted as if I didn't know what I was...

Pros

• -Texting
  • -Durable
  • -*Does the job*

Cons

• -Sorry A-fanboys, no touch screen.
  • -No features worth mentioning.(A con? It doesn't advertise it's features..)
  • -gizmoinva will think you're an idiot for buying the phone when in reality he's an idiot for expecting customer service to read sections from the manual to him.

gizmoinva
posted on 21 Nov 2008, 19:20

LG UX 260 / Scoop / Rumer - Worst Phone I've ever had

I too purchased the LG UX 260 through US Cellular. I got it because it was the only non-Blackberry inexpensive slider with a QWERTY keyboard. I do NOT recommend anyone buy this phone if they want to text efficiently. I complained the very next day after I got the phone about the text lag that occurs when you type a message. It will delete an entire message if you hit the backspace without warning. I took it back and US Cellular and they gave me a new one and the same thing happened with it. US Cellular told me they couldn't do anything else to help me after they swapped out my phone. I went on LG's website and submitted a help question to their tech support. Their tech support wanted me to send them my phone. This was after I told them about US Cellular swapping out my phone. I told them it would not help for me to send them my phone and me do without one for two weeks. I finally got to speak with a vice president of marketing or customer affairs from LG after I filed an official complaint. It took about a week for someone from LG's Alabama office to get him to call me. The LG VP didn't really care about what I had to say about this terrible phone. He told me that I would have to send in the phone in order for them to accurately determine the root cause as to why my phone was not working as desired. I proceeded to tell him about the hundreds of internet posts by other dissatisfied owners of this phone. He acted as if I didn't know what I was talking about.  SO, I ASK YOU,...

posted on 20 Nov 2008, 12:49

whats the point of the keyboard if it never works?

I got the LG rumor from US Cellular about 6 weeks ago and I'm on my second phone already. My first phone worked great for about a day then the keyboard would go so slow it would catch up by not type letters. so i would be saying have a great day and it would come out have a gray. i took that phone back and they gave my a new one and the same thing happended to this one in about a weeks time. i took this one back and they sent me to a corperate store to get an update. they update took about 15 minutes and my phone seemed to work great untill about two days ago,  two weeks after the update, it is giving me the slow keyboard and now is deleting my messges in the middle of texting if you hit the back key once. i'm taking this phone back asap and getting a totally new phone. i am a little disapointed taking this phone back because i love the idea of the keybored and us cellular dose not have any other texting phones not being a smart phone. the only reason i got this phone was for the keyboard and texting.

Pros

• keyboard for fast texting

Cons

• slow
  • keyboard doesn't work

Brittgy1991
posted on 19 Nov 2008, 13:32

2.7

OMG!!!

Okay so when I first got this phone i loved it. But now it always shuts off randomly, the full keyboard donesnt work that great at all it wont put some etters in and when you press the backspace everything gets deleted which is not fun!!! the screen freezes up and scratches up really easily. Its also really slow!! The camera is VERY blurry and the videos can only be 15 seconds

Pros

• Its purple

Cons

• Everything else

simple
posted on 16 Nov 2008, 10:16

Two different carrriers very different phones

So I first bought this phone in February of 2008 through Alltel. I had absolutely no problems with the phone at all (except for some very occational power cycling). But since I was moving out of alltels area I switched to U.S. Cellular.  The U.S. Cellular version of this phone is a complete let down. They block just about everything and now the first time I've tried to use my mp3 player it wont read my card. Also its more of a hassle to get around in this phone alltel had it set up very user friendly. to me this is just another let down from us cellular.

• Mp3 Player (Alltel)
  • User Friendly (Alltel)
  • Big Screen
  • Video Capabilities
  • Bluetooth (Works better with U.S. Cellular phones though)

Cons

• Lots of features are locked out (U.S. Cellular)
  • Screen Scratches easily (Get a screen protector)
  • Not so User friendly (U.S. Cellular)
  • Cheap 1.3MP Camera
  • No Flash on camera
  • Screen sometimes is slow to change when sliding phone

Dakota
posted on 09 Nov 2008, 21:35

2.7

LG Rumor Like Ice

In a time period of six months i have had three. I have the Sprint version of the phone. It freezes , shuts off no warning or anything. The battery is not long-lasting. The internet is slow. Every time you use the internet it always freezes and it deletes text messages without you saying so. It is supposed to hold 100 hundred messages and once you get to 88 it deletes them. The camera i horrible. Every time you want to reply to a text message you must try to send it about five times, I once spent 30 minutes trying to send a text that simply said "LOL." I would not reccomend it to anyone.

Pros

• -Keyboard
  • -color

Cons

• -it's an LG
  • -everything about it