LG RUMOR User Reviews

Maddy
posted on 03 Nov 2009, 14:09

LG Trash

My sister and I got the 'Buy one get one free' deal from Sprint.  She got a black one and I got a white one. We have had these phones for almost two years. First few months (almost to a year) the phone is perfectly fine. It runs fast, the battery charge is long, etc., etc. Several months ago, her charging port stopped working, entirely. We took apart her phone to find the charging port is VERY poorly placed in, her and I were surprised that it hadn't broken sooner. Recently, mine has done the same.I DO NOT recommend this phone to anyone.

Pros

• Nice keyboard

Cons

• Breaks easily
  • Charging port not securely placed in
  • Low battery life
  • Sensitive keys

amy lynn
posted on 25 Oct 2009, 11:16

charging port died after 16 months

charging port died after 16 months. phone won't charge using car charger or wall charger. definitely the charging port is loose. can't find any position to hold the charger that will sustain charging the phone. phone is now useless and sprint wants another 2 year contract for me (or to break this contract) to get another phone... cell phone companies suck. contracts suck. LG RUMOR CHARGING PORT sucks. now i have 2 chargers and no phone....

dimetri
posted on 22 Oct 2009, 22:19

2.7

Worse phone ever!!!I have had this phone for 2 years and i will never buu another LG. the key board started having problems about 3 months after i bought it, the internet browser would freeze up on smple websites and the phone would restart without warning. now the keyboard does not wotk at all the camera takes below average pictures compared to other phones in the same class. Over all it is the oworse phone i have ever owned!!!

Pros

• design

Cons

• extremily buggy, keyboard stopped functioning

dsp12
posted on 06 Sep 2009, 11:54

phone is not up to expectations

this phone is ok. Its battery life is horrible. When you text for a while it gets slow and you have to type with the regular keypad instead of the qwerty keyboard. only things you can do is call, text, pictures, and little videos, and music. nothing big really. it freezes up and starts over alot.

Pros

• picture message
  • design
  • sound

Cons

• texing on qwerty
  • videos
  • picture quality

dimetri
posted on 06 Sep 2009, 02:24

Never wil buy an LG again

I have been living with the LG Rumor for about 2 years now (waiting to upgrad the entire time almost). For the first 6 months the phone worked beautifully yeah it wasn't the iPhone or some semblance of it but a good phone for when it came out with GPS and a good media player and the web capabilities were above par with the ability to load html web sites (choppy as though they were).  For almnost the last year and a half it has been plagued with issues. The web browser freezes alot, the key board doesn't even respond any more nor does the volume control I have to use the copntrols on the settings page to silence my phone. Add to that that it spontaniously turns it self off.

It is the worse phone I have ever owned! Will be getting the HTC Hero next, and like my title says i will never buy another LG.

Pros

• Full Qwerty key board, stylish

Cons

• Broke down fast, freezes, did not meat expectations

tex
posted on 11 Aug 2009, 19:19

dont get it

this phone was great at first but it gets very boring very quick.also this phone gets very slow & the key board stops working! ive had it for not even a year and im already frusterated and disapointed with this phone. look into another texting phone because im sure you can do better

Pros

• nice key pad
  • cute

Cons

• slow.
  • stops working quick.
  • bad pics.
  • poor sound.

slicendice
posted on 01 Aug 2009, 15:57

great phone

I've had this phone for about a year and a half and have only had one problem with it the keyboard is sometimes slow and all i do is simply restart the device by taking the batery out and putting it back in and the keyboard works perfectly the rest of the day! i love it awsome phone.

Pros

• qwerty keyboard
  • applications
  • features

Cons

• keyboard is sometimes slow

posted on 17 Jul 2009, 00:30

I've had my lg rumor for about a year now and just recently had a problem with it. The charger port on the lg rumor is horrible!!! For my phone to charge i had to tie it around the phone and even have it propped up on something just for it to charge. Took it to the sprint store and they said that alot of people have had problems with the charger port and that they are sometimes defective. So i got a replacement phone and im my happy self now. until i have a problem with the replacement!!

Pros

• love the qwerty keyboard, love the signal i get on the phone

Cons

• hate the camera resolution
  • Charger port

posted on 16 Jul 2009, 23:37

almost 2 years

I have had my rumor for almost 2 years i have mixed feelings at times it does shut down, the charging port is loose and have to prop something under it to charge it I have brought it to a Sprint repair center and they tell me nothing is wrong with the phone. The other bad thing is the signal how is it 2 of the same phones have a different signal strength???
I think its an ok phone but don't recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Cons

• cant view real web pages with graphics

Sanja
posted on 14 Jul 2009, 18:08

What a pain....

I purchased my Scoop from Alltel in June 2008. I was so excited about the qwerty keyboard, the MP3 player, the sleek design and that it was easy to use. I was NOT excited about the signal strength (my razr was much better) or the crappy camera quality. I also didn't like the fact that the OK button and BACK button are so close together on the keyboard. I have accidentally sent partial texts by hitting OK when I was trying to erase something. Anyway, after a few months, I noticed that I was having issues sending texts. Sometimes it would freeze up in the middle of typing, sometimes it wouldn't show me the letters I was typing, and then it wouldn't send some of my texts. I also didn't receive some texts or even voicemails until days later. So I called Alltel three times complaining and they finally sent me a refurbished one last month (june, 2009...1 year later). Well my "new" Scoop is just as bad as my old one. It does all the horrible things my old one did, BUT it also shuts itself off whenever it feels like it. Alltel asked me if I wanted to upgrade to the LG Banter or try the Motorola Hint....but the reviews on BOTH those phones are just as bad! I am very disappointed! I'm either going to be stuck with the Scoop or get another crappy phone!

Pros

• Love the design, easy to use, switches from front and side screen quickly. Retrieves texts incredibly fast. Retrieves contacts quickly

Cons

• OK and BACK button on Qwerty keyboard are too close together, freezes up when texting, randomly shuts off, very poor camera quality

jd08
posted on 11 Jul 2009, 14:25

SO NOT WORHT UR MONEY

i got the us cellular rumor because i loved having a full keybord. i have gone through 6 of them! it is so not worth your money or time! every single BRAND NEW one i got the keyboard wouldnt work! it was working fine when i walked outta the store but within the next couple hours or days i would be typing a text and all of a sudden the keys just stopped working! a couple phones later i couldnt send texts, recieve texts, or make and recieve calls! this phoone is just so not worth your time or money! i since have gone to the Us cellular Banter and i love it! the only problems i have had with it is it doesnt really hold a charge for that long, and last night it just randomly shut off and then turned it self back on! those are the only two problems i have had! i went online and check the reviews for the banter and noticed that all the US cellulars have discontinued the banters and took them off their shelfs due to power clitches!

Pros

• cute phone
  • easy to text

Cons

• doesnt hold charge
  • keyboard doesnt work
  • everything!

Alltel Lg Scoop
posted on 09 Jul 2009, 23:07

Not worth it

I got this phone less than a year ago and have already had to replace it because the charging area in the phone went haywire. I am now on my second phone and having to plan on visiting Alltel tomorrow to replace the phone yet again (I plan on asking for a new type of phone all together). The phone worked well for I would say 3 months and then began shutting down at random moments as well as freezing up while using the keyboard accessory. Not a great buy.

Pros

• Cute Phone
  • Camera/Video (Short video recording)
  • MP3 Compatible

Cons

• Ringtone Lock (cannot upload MP3's as ringtones)
  • Easily scratched.
  • Charger is NOT RELIABLE. Will fail.

JBak
posted on 09 Jul 2009, 22:35

Ugh. Rumor has it...this phone sucks!

I got this phone for Christmas 2007  and I am now on my 4th replacement. The volume is intermittant, sometimes, when I check for messages I will see that I have missed several and never heard a peep. While typing a message, it will randomly start "Connecting" to what, I have no idea. It is so slow to type/ send messages, and lately 1/2 of my messages fall into the outbox because of the "connecting" issue. The battery life has gotten significantly worse with each new phone I get (all refurbs) the Sprint people are sick of looking at me and my sad little phone. The Sprint store I go to doesn't even have the Rumor on display anymore. It turns off and on by itself, and sometimes I won't even notice until I realize "hmm, I haven't gotten a call in awhile." and check, only to see that it's frozen at the power up screen. The first few Rumors I had had this neat material on the back of the phone, almost leathery that kept it from sliding around & scratching - the subsequent replacements do not have this feature and I find myself constantly fishing the phone out of the car crevices it has slid to. The scheduler function only malfunctions for some reason, whenever I set an alarm for AM, it reverts to PM - not great when this is the only alarm I have. This phone was so fun and cool, until it became posessed.  Today, I decided that I could take no more and ordered an upgrade to the Samsung Exclaim. Wish me luck!

Pros

• Takes a beating with minimal scratching.
  • Love the slide out QWERTY keyboard
  • Can assign unique text tones to individual contacts

Cons

• Is possessed by the cell phone devil
  • Intermittant volume loss
  • Unprovoked power off and on
  • Delay while typing messages
  • Constant connectivity issues

person who hates the rumor
posted on 09 Jul 2009, 19:04

breaks easily

The Rumor by LG is a phone not worth buying. The screen scratches easily and the keys often dont register that you press them. Also the battery life is very short. although it is a straight forward messaging phone, dont bother purchasing it.

Pros

• great for texting without the smartphone price

Cons

• screen scartches
  • keys
  • BREAKS

Ambersaysstayawayfromit
posted on 08 Jul 2009, 17:59

What Happed?

Well  I got the Lg UX260 thinking it was the coolest phone ever, ( because everybody was getting it.)
The first few weeks I had the phone it was working fine, But until about the fourth week I had the phone problems came up. The First problem was the the slow keyboard freezing up at the worst time.The next problem was both of the keyboards would stop working so i shut down the phone. Then 7 months later it was too late to get a new phone and I absouloutly hate this phone and now the battery-life sucks and I can't take it anymore NOTHING WORKS RIGHT STAY AWAY FROM THIS PHONE!!!!!ANDYOUR WELCOME!!!

Pros

• easy to learn how to use.

Cons

• FREEZES!
  • SCRATCHES EASILY!
  • THE BATTERY LIFE SUCKS!
  • NOTHING VERY SPECIAL ABOUT IT!
  • TURNS OFF RANDOMLY!!
  • DID I SAY IT FREEZES?
  • OH AND IT SUCKS!!

posted on 07 Jul 2009, 22:54

2.3

this phone sucks. SO bad.

honestly, this phone is TERRIBLE. i've had it for a year and 2 months and i'm on my third one. the first one randomly started flickering and i couldnt rea my texts so they sent me a refurb which was equally as bad. the current one i have i cant even charge because i have to hold the charger a certain way for it to charge so i just use my old phone to switch out the batteries. when i'm backspacing my text to delete a word it ends up deleting every thing i wrote which gets beyond annoying, the only good thing i get out of this phone is that its a TANK when it comes to dropping it, i've honedtly dropped it 20+ times and the screen isnt cracked at all. and the fact that i dropped it has nothing to do with the problems because it was like this even before i had dropped it alot. it also turns of randomly, ill go check the time and it'll be turned off, what the hell? and also, in med text it turns off too. the buttons wear off too so it looks gross. and my keyboard/volume button/camera button doesnt even work anyone i could push as hard as i wanted on the keyboard and it wont work. and when my volume button DOES decide to work, its at the mos inconvenient random times. i dont suggest ANYONE get this phone it sucks so much.

Pros

• its a TANK, i've dropped it so much and it still functions and screen isnt cracked.

Cons

• keyboard stops working,
  • keys wear off,
  • cant charge it,
  • volume button doesnt work,'
  • turns off randomly,
  • no games ): !,
  • screen flickers.
  • pretty much everything about it now that it comes down to it.

posted on 20 Jun 2009, 23:17

Worst Phone I've Ever Had In Years!!

I got the lg scoop from alltel in August of '08 and when i got it it was good. but when i broke the screen i could not see anything! they sent me a refurbished phone in the mail and it worked but a few months later the charger port is coming loose so everytime i take it off charge the battery dies in 5 min. then the QWERTY Keyboard sticks and sometimes i cant text my friens because i am a huge texter. the battery life is horrible on this phone.

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life Sucks!
  • No Signal in Wooded Areas!
  • Bluetooth Drains Battery
  • Keyboard Sticks and Fades Away

posted on 16 Jun 2009, 09:14

The absolute worst phone i ever had

I am now on my 6th rumor in a year and 4rth charger to the phone because it doesnt fit the phone.  The rumor just stopped working, screen went out, charger parts broke in the phone, letters faded off, battery life is just horrible, and the list could continue but i think anyone would get the idea.  Sprint even told me this phone is horrible and gave me money towards an upgrade and i wasnt even suppose to get and upgrade yet because they were tired of replacing this phone for free.  The techs couldnt fix anything so every new rumor they gave me had the same issues.  Im finally getting a new phone and would advice those who are thinking of this phone, to just go for another phone all together unless u want to deal with problems all the time in the future.  If you get this phone i would advice you to get insurance or you really gonna waist your money cuz sprint will not help you without it.  And notate there is a rumor 2 out so obviously theres many issues with the first rumor.  I wont be waisting a dime on anymore rumors!!!!!!

Pros

• I got rid of the Rumor

Cons

• Anything that could go wrong with a cell phone

Rylie Schwab
posted on 14 Jun 2009, 20:54

1.7

LG SCOOOP A PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This phone is a piece of shit!!! I had it for 7 months and now the screen flickers and flashes!!! Im sooooo annoyed with it and oh yea the buttons start to wear off sooo it looks like hell!!!! I WOULD NOT GET THIS PHONE ITS A PIECE OF *#%&*!& SHIT!!!!!!

Pros

• its easy to text
  • its cool looking

Cons

• The camera sucks
  • the buttons wear off
  • the key pad is slow
  • the T9 is shitty

anonymous*
posted on 10 Jun 2009, 23:21

lg rumors glithes

i am now on my second rumor and next we i will probaly be on my third! this ohone is really starting to irritate me! the first one broke because it was in water for a long period of time, which makes sense and im perfectly fine with the cause of its breaking and i understand it. now, this second rumor has been getting on my LAST nerves! first, the screen just randomly one day started blinking white or flickering; i got used to the irritating problem. now, the whole screen is just completely white! if u hold down the center button 4 a few secs, it will go normal, but the second u let go it turns white! also, both phones randomly turned off in the middle of nowhere for no reason. i do NOT advise getting this phone for several reasons... u can do better!

Pros

• nice design
  • slide-out full (qwerty thingy) keyboard

Cons

• shuts off randomly
  • flickering screen problem

posted on 30 May 2009, 00:23

Worst phone.

I bought this phone for my girlfriend about a year ago through US cellular. I have never liked LG phones, but the price for this phone was unbeatable. It was the only phone with a full qwerty keyboard that was under 100 dollars. For the first two weeks she loved the phone. It's user friendly, the keyboard is great and it is an aesthetically pleasing phone. The only problem we noticed was a lack of a good signal. We both were on the same plan and in our apartment the signal on my phone(Samsung) was always nearly full and her phone was nearly void of a signal. However, she looked past that minor issue because she loved the phone. After about two weeks the phone would randomly shut off multiple times a day. We brought it into US Cellular and they gave us a brand new one. Once again for the first month or so the phone was void of problems. Then various keys on the keyboard would stop working every so often. My girlfriend would have to turn the phone off and then back on for it to start working. She told me this was a manageable problem since it only happened once in a while. Within a month it was happening on a daily basis as well as her phone would constantly freeze. We once again got a new one. After a few months she started running into the same problems, keys would stop working, phone would freeze, and would sometimes shut off without any warning. We came to the conclusion that problems for this phone are inevitable so she told me she would just stick it out for the rest of her...

Pros

• Nice looking
  • Easy to use

Cons

• It's an LG
  • Phone randomly shuts off
  • Keys stop working
  • Phone freezes
  • Lack of signal
  • Screen problems
  • Does not hold a good charge
  • Waste of money

posted on 24 May 2009, 21:49

great until a few days ago

i've had this phone for 10 months. on alltel, the scoop. ive always liked it, great for texting, ok camera, good call quality, until a few days ago the screen got so screwed up. everything is all scrunched up on the front side and slanted with diagonal lines running through it, and all spread out, slanted with the lines on the keyboard side. i cant see the menu or read my texts messages and the pictures turned all purple and green and the icons are on top of each other. the keyboard is also very slow its been that way for a while. im guessing this is just my phone, ive dropped it a few times. but still, this should not happen. i'm getting a new phone tomorow, of course this isn't available anymore but i will not be replacing it with the newer version.

Pros

• good set up
  • user friendly

Cons

• died on me
  • screwed up screen
  • sometimes slow keyboard

Britknee
posted on 19 May 2009, 15:52

The worst phone ever.

I have had many different Types bad of cellphones, but this one takes the cake. This phone always freezes up, even after updates are installed, the screen goes black, when you lock the phone you dont recieve calls, I cannot charge it unless i use just about an entire roll of duct tape to hold it in an awkward place. it is not the charger because i have gone through 2 already and nither of them work. I sugest not getting this phone. this is one of the worst phones i have ever gotten.

Pros

• NONE!!!!!!

Cons

• Battery life, charging ability, for lack of better words, everything!

Erika S.
posted on 15 May 2009, 20:43

Decent Phone until all of a sudden..

I've had my LG Scoop close to 11 months now. Never had much of a problem with it except for the fact that it liked to shut off at random times on it's own. The features are good, cameras great. BUUUUUT...about a month or so ago, I started having alot of problems with it. ONE, I've had my memory card in it as long as I've had the phone...now every once in a while it tries to tell me, it can't recognize it. TWO, occasionally, when I click my photos to view my photos the phone freezes up..no matter how many buttons you press, if u slide it open or not...IT'S Froze for about 5 mins. It did this several times. When it unfreezes, all pictures are just white..it usually freezes again when your photos folder opens.  THREE..It tells me my memory card is full and without deleting anything I take a pic 5 mins later and save it to the mem card and it works perfect. FOUR, My screen flickers alot...not too dramatically...but it's pretty annoying. FIVE, I get tons of duplicate messages. SIX, I also get the send failed message multiple times daily.. SEVEN, the battery life is not as good as it says. EIGHT, The buttons stick alot.. NINE, the vibrate doesn't work half of the time. But like I said a majority of these problems just now started..It used to be a great phone. You're probably thinking I treated it bad. NO! I've dropped this phone probably 2 times the entire time I've had it and it never showed any problems. It's a tough little phone.

• images

Cons

• display flickers
  • vibrate doesn't work sometimes
  • turns off on it's own
  • buttons stick
  • messaging is not so great
  • problems with memory card all of a sudden
  • freezes

Thishonesucks
posted on 07 May 2009, 22:29

worst phone ever

I can not wait until i got a new phone this is the worst phone out there. starting with the way the key board locks up, the way the back space key deletes the whole message the u are about to send, i don't receive calls on it or messages for long periods of time then they sudden start showing up, the phone powers down on its own, and now my screen is backwards (knuj)  like that so this phone is JUNK JUNK JUNK

Pros

• qwerty kewboard

Cons

• everything else