LG PM-225 User Reviews

posted on 11 Jan 2010, 21:58

Cool Phone

This was my first phone!I love that you can set the keys to soung like, a water drop,dog,bird and somthing else that I can't remember!!It lasted throught alot,droped in water,going throught the washing machine like 12342435 times,me playing in mud with it in my back pocket.Over all it was an awsome cell phone and it should be consider to still be with sprint!!

Pros

• Sprint!
  • Keytones!

Cons

• Nothing!

colton s.
posted on 03 Nov 2008, 22:36

catastophic failure

this fone held up fairly well considering i was the third person to own it.
i got it from my dad who had used it as a work fone (it went through quite a bit of abuse)
before him, my sister had had it and she has a habbit of dropping everything
i accidently put it through the washing machine and it still worked
then one day i took the battery out to copy down some numbers from the phone andwhen i turned it back on as soon asit finnished searching for service it would just go black the retry it over and over again
it got to the point that it wouldnt get past the sprint screen to even search for signal
its basicly catastrophic failure
i wasnt realy surprised that it broke i was just surprised by the timing

Pros

• good design
  • i like the weight
  • pretty durrable
  • survived the washing machine (though the warranty did not)

Cons

• gave out without warning
  • features are rather boring
  • had problems with vision throughout life of phone
  • screws fell out

Lily
posted on 07 Jul 2008, 18:32

WORST PHONE EVER.

This phone has been a disaster. I have had the most awful experience and Sprint will not let me return it, even though it is discontinued.
I have never been able to complete any phone calls, and the signal is awful, no matter where you are.
The battery is bizarre; as soon as you close the phone, it shuts off. I have had to keep it open and even then the battery only lasts ten minutes.
It's a terrible inconvenience and an embarrassment.

posted on 29 Apr 2008, 18:58

2.6

ridiculously disappointed

I'm not one to write reviews much but this phone and Sprint's lack-of-willingness to amend the situation has so rubbed me the wrong way I can't help myself. This phone costed way to much money for the poor quality and has been an awful experience. The screen and photo quality are horrendous and the crappy battery I hardly have words for. Dead after a 20 min. phone call, strange recharging saying "charging complete" when it no sooner goes from 5 bars to 1 bar and you're like, "what?!" with a 10 second warning before charging down. The reception is atrocious, roaming doesn't even work! Having been a loyal sprint user thus far, I'm so fed up and feel unsupported by them in every way, I can't wait to get rid of the entire experience. It's embarrassing what I've had to put up with and somehow explain to family, friends and business persons.

Eric Wayne Wise
posted on 02 Oct 2006, 13:22

3.2

Run Away

I get no reception 5 blocks from a tower, my battery is dead after a 20 min. call, can't find a USB cable in stores so am extorted into having another "sneeky pete" on my bill or don't take pics. Sprint is making a killing off the BOHICA plans they lock you into. I have another year and will drop them and LG like a good habit. Personally you should run the other way as fast as you can. The phone could be improved(but only slightly) if they paid me to take one, and then paid me for every dropped call from Sprint's new and improved, hi-tech, ultra modern, network! The old saying applies,"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Best advice, DON'T GO THERE!!!!!

lg inside
posted on 09 Jul 2006, 18:29

horrible phone

if you have any choice whatsoever DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PHONE!!!! It is a very low quality phone. Sprint did not give LG enough money to make this phone what it should be. You will highly regret getting this phone!!!!

Oops got dropped
posted on 12 Mar 2006, 09:08

5.2

Oops got dropped

Had the phone for a week and dropped it. No visible case damage but now the upper left corner of the display is all wacked out. Sprint wants $55 for somebody to look at it (plus whatever repair costs they come up with), lg wants $75. Very disappointing that a minor drop results in damage.

Patrick
posted on 18 Jan 2006, 19:08

Pretty Good, Pretty Basic, Pretty Awesome

I havent had this phone for that long. Only a few days and I know everything it does.
PROS:1-good camera, not perfect. 2-cool design, 3-web browsing, 4-picture caller ID, 5-you can record a voice memo and set it as your ringer. 6-for a phone without an antenna this phone has GREAT reception, 7-speaker

CONS:1-any ringer you download doesnt come out so loud and clear like the other preset ringtones, i was a little disappointed with that, 2-sometimes when youre on the web browser it get stuck, when it does that i just take out the battery and put it back on very fast and it doesnt mess up anything you have on your phone. 3-the battery isnt that great. good but not great.

this is a great phone. its looks awesome and the performance is outstanding. i would recomend this phone to anyone of any age who has a little patients. this is worth your money. trust me!!!!

Stacey
posted on 19 Nov 2005, 11:59

THIS PHONE ROCKS!

This phone is the best ever! I love being able to take pictures and call all my family and friends. The camera is the best. I'm a realator so It's great to take pictures of houses and print them off.

Pepsi
posted on 28 Aug 2005, 10:12

6.6

A Little Disappointed

I purchased this phone to replace my Sanyo 8100 and I felt like it was a waste. I would've kept my old phone if it wasn't for the battery; it had trouble holding a charge. The LG phone has more extras such as ringers, screensavers, etc, but I found this phone to have somewhat poor reception. Places where I used to have 3 or 4 bars, I barely get a bar now. Maybe it's the internal antenna or maybe LG phones have inferior reception compared to Sanyo phones, who knows. I've been a Sprint customer for 7 years now; this is the first time I purchased a phone where there was a drop in signal coverage compared to the older phone.

LetsGetLost
posted on 24 Jul 2005, 16:26

LG PM-225

As soon as I saw this phone, I knew I wanted it. It's almost close to perfect. Cons: downloaded ringtones aren't the best sound quality as pre-loaded ringtones. They aren't as loud and some of them sound as if they were recorded through the computer using a microphone :\. They aren't exactly terrible, I could still hear it, but I was a bit disappointed by it. Another con is when trying to view movie trailers or anything of that nature online. The audio is fine, but the movie skips or pauses. Although, it's not too much of a problem since I didn't even know the phone had those opinions until I bought.
If you are those types of people who like to use the net through your phone (exp., instant messenger and downloadable ringtones) then this phone will suit you well. If you want just a phone to talk, then go with another phone. This phone might be too pricey for just conversations.

renizay
posted on 24 Jul 2005, 14:10

ausum phone rite here

this by far is the best phone i have ever had, i would definately recommend it to people. it has every feature u could eva want or need. i had so many phones that i neva been totally happi wit...but this rite .here, is PERFECT