LG Optimus G Pro User Reviews

Everyday usage9.5/10
Camera9.2/10
Multimedia8.3/10

zalissan
posted on 21 May 2014, 13:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 May 2014)

lg optimus g pro

zalissan has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Voice to text dictation beats Siri into the ground. If you don't have the Optimus G Pro, then you are missing out. Screen brightness is adjusted very easy and quick. The quick memo/notes and multi tasking is awesome. I can't compare to anything but my last phone but I'm a basic user, internet,text,calls,camera/video and music

mindsci
posted on 22 Nov 2013, 22:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Nov 2013)

High Performance Pocket PC- Makes Phone Calls Too

mindsci has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The Optimus G Pro is in all reality a computer that you can always have with you. It is also a personal secretary/assistant that is always there. It is really a crime to call it a "phone", but it can make phone calls too.

95% of the time I am using the G Pro as a PC and personal assistant. It is lightning fast and with Android 4.1.2 it rivals Desktop PC performance. I have some really great Apps that allow me to dictate everything from calendar entries to grocery shopping lists.

I have had smartphones since 2006 and the days of the UT Starrcom and first i-phone. I have had smartphones from all the major makers too, but the G Pro is the first to embody a true all-in-one device you can always have with you.

Build quality 9/10 The build is very good, but it is so thin and light that I was a little scared it might snap in half like a saltine. I put a tempered glass screen protector and a substantial case on my G Pro to beef it up. It still fits fine in my pocket. The actual fit & finish of the G Pro is excellent. Access to the battery and micro SD slot are a plus too. I added a 64GB SDXC micro SD card giving my G pro 96GB of Hard Drive space.
Reception 10/10 Reception is great. This is the first smartphone I have had that gets good reception in the back of our Walmart. Everywhere else reception is flawless. Wireless speeds make app installation nearly instantaneous. We even have 4G here in Montana which is super fast too.
Call quality 9/10 Call quality and Bluetooth performance are fine.
Internet 10/10 The G Pro excels at everything Internet!
Multimedia 10/10 The G Pro excels at everything Multimedia too.
Camera 10/10 The camera has lots of tweakability and pictures and videos turn out great.
UI speed 10/10 UI Speed is Staggering. It is blazing fast! This is really what makes it such a fantastic pocket PC! Everything is so fluid/fast that using the G Pro is always a treat. Every smartphone I had in the past had lag, not the LG G Pro.
Everyday usage 10/10 The G Pro fits fine in all my pants and jacket pockets just fine, so I always have it with me. I'm glad I resisted jumping on the tablet bandwagon; because, I knew a device like the G Pro would eventually become available. I almost feel naked if I don't have my G Pro with me... How many people have their tablets or PCs with them all the time?
Text input 9/10 I have big hands and fat fingers. The G Pro's screen is just big enough that I rarely hit the wrong keys when typing.
Display 10/10 Phenomenal! The IPS LCD Display comes closer to the experience of watching a big screen LED HDTV at home, much more so than AMOLED screens. It is just plain gorgeous. It is easily viewable in bright daylight too.
Battery 9/10 The battery just lasts me a whole day, but I keep WIFI and NFC etc. on all the time and the screen brightness on max too.

Pros

• Full Fledged Pocket PC!
  • Secretary in Your Pocket!
  • Incredibly Fast!
  • Gorgeous Display!
  • It Does Everything!

Cons

• At the very upper limit in terms of pocketability
  • Battery just makes it through a full day

allenbach1990
posted on 26 Oct 2013, 00:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)

Awesome Device!

allenbach1990 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Great phone, it's not the G2, but this device certainly holds it's own. Very nice pixal density for its 'not over the top' large screen size, very smooth & fast operation, operates well with multitasking, and outstanding battery life. However, this phone does have a few glitches here and there, and coming from an iPhone, I am not completly impressed with LG's 13 megapixel camera. All in all, I do love this phone. The large screen size, very high resolution, and smooth operation make this device a worth while investment.

Build quality 9/10 Not bad, seems sturdy enough. Don't drop your $700 smartphone and you'll have no worries.
Reception 10/10 Have absolutely no issues here.
Call quality 7/10 Speaker quality not the best in the world, but gets the job done reliably.
Internet 10/10 Use Chrome and you'll love it.
Multimedia 3/10 Again, speakers and the sound quality are not the best in the world, but it'll get the job done. If you enjoy a litle music every now and then, you'll never notice a difference, but if music and sound is your big thing, go with an iPhone.
Camera 8/10 Very good, not "GREAT!", but very good.
UI speed 10/10 I'll be honest, I have no clue what UI speed is, but nothing in regards to speed of the phone had pissed me off yet so I gave it a 10.
Everyday usage 9/10 Has a few hiccups here and there. If you're one of those people who spontaneously brake phones out of anger, you may want to reconsider. All in all, it works great.
Text input 10/10 Nothing to complain about here. I type, it sends, story of the text imput's life. It does however censor your cuss words on voice imput, it's not a bad thing, just hysterical.
Display 10/10 This is the main feature of this phone. Sure, the pixel density is not the highest on the market, but lets face it, 401 is pretty damn good for a screen this size. I can promise you a smaller screen is not a fair compromise for a slightly higher pixel density. This phone's screen is nothing short of awesome!
Battery 10/10 All day, work it all you want and this battery holds well.

Pros

• Large screen, high resolution, smooth operation, & long battery life.
  • Perfect size large screen, still easy to operate and fit in your pocket.

Cons

• Not the latest in Snapdragon technology

allenbach1990 alternatives:

frankevans.lv
posted on 23 Oct 2013, 21:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)

frankevans.lv has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I am happy this phone last as long as my last phone (Droid razr mazz hd). Has a crisp screen and very bright colored, Screen brightness is adjusted very easy and quick. The quick memo/notes and multi tasking is awesome. I can't compare to anything but my last phone but I'm a basic user, internet,text,calls,camera/video and music. So far this phone is very fast and customizeable in every way before extra app help. I love that there's larger after market batteries to fit normal back plate. Stock battery is 3100mah and lasts all day with heavy useage but the 3300mah gives that extra run time for those days your phone entertain you. Features like quite time, alarm clock ease and nfc top this phone off as a must buy. One negative is quick button placement, I find myself often pressing it with my palm as my fingers reach around to press power button. But muscle memory is helping that anyway. I love the phone. My brother has a iphone 4 and his Iphone fanboy ass can't see a difference in picture quality. I get a lot of compliments how nice the phone is.

Build quality 10/10 love the look and feel. Build is perfection
Everyday usage 10/10 hell yea
Text input 10/10 Love the different back grounds the phone has for texting
Battery 10/10 Las t all day and more

bobmcdan
posted on 27 Aug 2013, 09:53 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)

Awesome Smartphone

bobmcdan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have owned a number of phones--iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5; SGS3 and 4, HTC One X, and Motorola Atrix. This phone leaves them all far behind. By far the best smart phone I have ever owned. Don't think I will ever consider changing. Extremely fast. Phenomenal battery life. Awesome multitasking. Size does not overpower the hand. Some functions are difficult to perform single handedly, but most can be with ease. Voice to text dictation beats Siri into the ground. If you don't have the Optimus G Pro, then you are missing out.

Build quality 10/10 Feels solid and smooth in the hand. Lighweight for all the power it carries.
Reception 10/10 Have had no problems with call reception or dropped calls.
Internet 10/10 URLs appear almost as quickly as I can input them.
Multimedia 10/10 Videos and images are crisp and sharp. No pixelation. Color density is excellent.
Camera 10/10 Photos are crisp and clear.
Everyday usage 10/10 Works great for everything I use the phone for--mail, games, internet, phone, etc.
Text input 10/10 Keyboard is very easy to use. Voice to text is awesome. Very seldom does it misunderstand what I am saying.
Display 10/10 Images are sharp and clear. Reasonably easy to see even in bright sunlight.
Battery 10/10 I can easily get through a workday without charging with average use. if I am surfing the net or playing games I may have to charge once, but with the power it packs and the display, that is a minor inconvenience.

Pros

Cons

• Lack of good cases

FerneyZan
posted on 17 Jun 2013, 17:42 (Posts: 35; Member since: 21 Jul 2010)

It could had been much Better.. :(

FerneyZan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Overall is an amazing smartphone that is extremely fast and does almost everything very well. I recommended it.. the only issue I have is the quality of the sound when on calls. but when I have my Bluetooth on, it sounds perfect..

Call quality 7/10 The call quality is excellent while I'm wearing my Bluetooth, but when I'm using the phone with out it, the speaker sounds low and have to bring up the volume to almost the highest setting. Never had that problem with my Note II
Multimedia 7/10 One again, speaker related. For such a high end phone, the speakers could had been much better.. almost sound as if there was not Stereo capability
Camera 8/10 The overall camera and images are great, but it lacks customization within the settings.
Everyday usage 8/10 Extremely fast performer, but because the quality of the sound, Bluetooth issues and others, I had to take some points off
Display 8/10 For a 1080p screen, I sure was getting a headache from it. My Note IIs 720 Amoled screen looks a lot better and clear overall

Pros

• Extremely Fast Performance
  • Lots of Internal Memory
  • Front Camera is Amazing
  • Very Light

Cons

• Speaker Quality not upto par
  • Random interference with Bluetooth
  • Sounds like I'm far away from mic for others listening
  • High Resolution Screen 1080p But seems low quality in comparison toe AMOLED screens

FerneyZan alternatives: