x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
LG Octane Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Ms.

Sara (unregistered) 25 Oct 2010, 20:36 posted on

Can't wait for the LG Octane to come to the Verizon stores. I'm going to upgrade from my LG Chocolate 3. I'm not interested in Web or text. Just good battery time, clear voice reception, & a good camera.-------------- from Sara in the Lower East Side of NYC.

posted on 25 Oct 2010, 20:47

1. Mark (unregistered)

I"m in the same boat. Verizon added a $9.99 data package to the Env3 and this Octane looks like a good replacement for Chocolate3, without the data plan! I have unlimited text on the family plan and don't need the Web.

posted on 26 Oct 2010, 17:02

2. Ruth (unregistered)

I was in the Verizon store today and the Env3 is being discontinued. They showed me this phone and said it will be available on Thursday. It will require the $9.99 data plan. It felt sturdy and I really liked it a lot. Don't know the price yet, but I want this phone!! I'll post an update after I've used it for a few weeks.

posted on 26 Oct 2010, 19:01

3. Daniel (unregistered)

I don't think the octane will require the $9.99 data package according to a press release last month from Verizon. The release states that Verizon is getting rid of the "3G Multimedia Phones" on all new phones starting Q4, specifically mentioning the Octane and Crux. Link below:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/09/17/verizon-3g-feature-phones-4g/

posted on 28 Oct 2010, 23:47

4. Zorin (Posts: 152; Member since: 26 Jul 2010)

The octane doesn't require a data plan. Says it right on vzw's site. Yah, I think VZW realized the 'multimedia phones was an epic fail and it lost some ppl."

Best part of this phone is Camera 3.2 Megapixel, and it has video recording. Sure it's not the best quality, but the Cosmos and Intensity 2 lost the video recording and text abalities and it downgraded the camera's MP.

VZW -- hope this phone has a strong battery life -- your numbers do lie sometimes.

I am still rocking my Env2 and looking to upgrade!

posted on 01 Nov 2010, 15:30

6. VDubb (Posts: 49; Member since: 04 Dec 2008)

The Cosmos and Intensity 2 did not lose texting abilities. There is no phone in Verizon's current lineup that doesn't offer texting capabilities.

posted on 01 Nov 2010, 15:30

5. VDubb (Posts: 49; Member since: 04 Dec 2008)

The Cosmos and Intensity 2 did not lose texting abilities. There is no phone in Verizon's current lineup that doesn't offer texting capabilities.

posted on 12 Nov 2010, 05:15

7. Paul NYC (unregistered)

I am really glad I got this phone.

I "Upgraded" from a Droid.

Now that I got an Ipad, I really don't need all the bells and whistles on the droid.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories