LG Mach User Reviews

a2345
posted on 18 Apr 2014, 11:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Apr 2014)

good phone, the best I had with a keyboard

a2345 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

keep keep the review simple - I'll just focus on the most important features - starting with the keyboard. I think this is the single most important feature of the phone. It's absolutely amazing keyboard. Keys are properly spaced for my large fingers and they work perfectly - better than on Samsung phones I had previously. I had two types of Samsungs with keyboards before - I had a Gravity TXT which had a bad keyboard and the Samsung Transform Ultra - which was much better - but still LG Mach beats it easily.
The thing I love about this keyboard is additional row of numeric keys. Whoever thought of that was a genious.

Sound quality is OK. It is not distorted or anything. Can't complain.
Better than average, but not as good as my second phone Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250.

As for the negatives.
The feature I dislike is unability to turn off the WiFi.
You could turn it off alright, but then it comes back on by itself and you have to turn it off again.
This sucks and drains the battery.
Maybe there is a way to keep it shut down, but I don't know how.
If you know - let me know.

Second bad thing is the unlocking algorithm.
The phone allows a wide range of swapping movement to unlock the screen.
This is bad because when the phone rings in your pocket and you reach for it - it is most likely you are gonna receive the call just by touching the screen in your pocket.

I hate that.
I prefer to see who calls first prior to taking it.

It would be much better to have it like the Samsungs...

Multimedia 8/10 I don't want to put this rating - because I don't use multimedia - but you are forcing me so give it 8
Camera 8/10 I don't want to put this rating - because I don't use the camera much - but you are forcing me so give it 8
UI speed 8/10 I don't want to put this rating - because I don't know what it is - but you are forcing me so give it 8

Pros

• fantastic keyboard
  • great display
  • solid build

Cons

• WiFi turns on by itself