LG IQ GW825 User Reviews
Overal user rating
The overall rating is the average of all user reviews, while the overall alternatives are the ones that has been listed most.
Call quality7.5/10Battery5.5/10Reception7.5/10Display6.5/10Build quality4/10Text input4/10Everyday usage4/10UI speed5.5/10Camera7/10Multimedia7/10Internet7/10
Post new review
Please note that each user review reflects the opinion of its respectful author and not of Phone Arena.
posted on 08 Dec 2010, 14:37 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Not a user friendly phone, smart phone can't do what dumb phone can already do
naturalhealer has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
1) Cannot record phone calls during a call, confirmed by Telus AND by LG. What a dumb phone that can't even do a simple voice recording of a phone call.
2) Cannot do a memo recording, also confirmed by Telus AND by LG technical support Seve, a very rude tech support BTW.
3) NO where in the user guide says HOW to activate the Voice Command and Even Telus tech support can't figure it out.
4) Called LG tech support and got a RUDE reply citing exactly what's on page 78 of the manual and NONE more. He said the phone is JUST a standard voice activated phone that you could only use the word "call" and nothing else. Well, my old nokia phone could do voice memo, phone recording AND I could say "call", "redial", "what's my ...." but EVEN the LG technical support doesn't have a list of "standard" list of all voice commands recognized by LG IQ / GW825 phone !!
What a user -unfriendly dumb phone LG and Telus are selling as a SMART phone !Build quality 2/10Reception 5/10Call quality 5/10Internet 5/10Multimedia 5/10Camera 5/10UI speed 5/10Everyday usage 2/10Text input 2/10Display 5/10Battery 5/10
- seems to have many features
- can't even record phone calls
- can't record voice memos
- Manual doesn't show how to activate voice commands
- Nowhere shows a list of "voice commands" such as "call" or "redial" or "show" etc.
- LG Tech support is very RUDE
1 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 28 Nov 2010, 01:09
Frozen screen, frozen phone, frozen everything
samuel has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
When downloading a little bit bigger file to this phone with only internal memory without microsd memory, the entire phone got STUCK and froze ! No buttons, even the Power button, could change this. I had to remove battery to unfreeze it. Then it worked once. The second time it happened to me again, but removing battery could not unfreeze the screen stuck at Microsoft Orange color Window's logo screen. Even after a soft reset button above the battery could get pass the MS Logo screen. Hard reset by external combination of 4 buttons still could not reset the phone back to manufacturer's state ! It just got STUCK there forever ! and I only had it for less than two weeks !!
Being a computer programmer myself I can't believe how easy it is to "freeze" this phone and there seems to be NO WAY to unfreeze it, not even the Power Button could turn off the phone ! So I called Telus tech repair to return it for good !Build quality 6/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 9/10Multimedia 9/10Camera 9/10UI speed 6/10Everyday usage 6/10Text input 6/10Display 8/10Battery 6/10
- lots of features
- phone easily gets FROZEN during download
2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 16 Jun 2010, 01:49
All Business a little play
I've only had this phone for a few days now but overall I am impressed with it. The Camera is actually the most impressive camera that I've ever seen from a phone, it's 5mp but it performs better than some 12mp cameras (like my Optio W60) The movie mode is ok, but 480 X 640 is all that it will do at 30fps. Though, the screen is just a tad bigger than that at 800 X 480 so a movie rolls along filling up the screen nicely. I actually am not sure if it's running 30fps, it seems more like 20. The manual is poorly written (Telus Mobility) which doesn't really matter that much because this smart phone is fairly intuitive and is best learned with wanderings through it's icons and using the various input methods until an input method is found that works for you. The Home screen items should be carefully considered (Start/Settings/Today/items>) because some of the items completely change the way this phone will interact with you...seriously. The Processor is fast enough at 1 ghz to not have any lagging issues and the screen can be adjusted all the way up to insanely bright which is a first for me, actually just a note, the phone software states that it has 24 bit colour, which conflicts with many reviews. I personally have not had any problems with the battery consumption where my typical day so far has used only 1/3 of the battery for a 9 hour business day. Though I'm not a serious data user but I do use alot of phone time and some data entry as well...Design 8/10Features 8/10Performance 8/10
- Fast, 32G removable Micro SD, 480 X 800 pixel screen, QWERTY keyboard, Amazing 5 MP camera with VGA movie, Really Really bright display, Finger print security lock. 1Ghz Snap dragon processor, well priced
- too many buttons on the edges, styus on a lanyard, 3.2inch screen should be larger
6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report