LG G2 User Reviews

Text input9.3/10
Everyday usage9.4/10
UI speed9.6/10

VladimirM
posted on yesterday, 11:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Jan 2014)

Perfect phone!

VladimirM has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

LG G2 is very good phone, for me it is best on market atm, tried S5, N5, S4, and i like more perfomance and look on G2 then all of these i wrote here.Display is amazing, sharp and crystal clear, colors are impressive.Processor Snapdragon 800 does its job, no lag at all, everything runs smoothly and fast.Camera is unbelievable, it makes best pictures i ever saw in my life, with OIS and so many features, its insanely good!Ram is 2GB and its enough for everything you need.In overall, the phone is beast, and it worth every cent.LG did best job here.Only thing that would be nice to have is slot for microSD card and removable battery.

Pros

• Everything is perfect,outstanding phone!

Cons

• No MicroSD slot.

antonioli
posted on 3 days ago, 11:13 (Posts: 114; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)

Close to perfection

antonioli has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The phone is a beast. It's close to perfection except the microsd slot that is missing. You will like everything: display, battery, the size with thin bezels, the camera with OIS. The price is also very good and I'm sure that people who buy don't regret.

• Power
  • Thin Bezels

Cons

• No MicroSD slot

generalbu
posted on 4 days ago, 13:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 4 days ago)

The lg g2

generalbu has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I don't own the phone now sadly but when i did it was great and i think my ratings of it itself explain just how much i loved this phone its giant screen and fast speeds make it a phine that you wont regret having.

iamannu
posted on 18 Apr 2014, 05:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)

LG G2 THE BEAST

iamannu has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Bought this phone 2 weeks ago, I was at the shop comparing the galaxy s4 and g2...and the winner was G2..
its performance is awesome...even big games take 5 to 10 seconds to load..

drawbacks are :: camera poor quality..Sometimes it look likes 5mp. (I may be wrong)
battery drains out quickly..I have to charge it 3 times a day. (medium usuage)

Pros

• Superfast speed
  • ultra responsive touch
  • video playback is awesome
  • sound is awesome
  • UI is acceptable

Cons

• camera is poor
  • battery life is average

Cassiano
posted on 04 Apr 2014, 17:08

Awesomeness Android Experience

Cassiano has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

No 1 Recomendation, LG really did a good job with this phone, and i hope it stays in this way. All the interface works fine and smooth. the only thing that really make me sad, does not have SDCard :/ But the internal storage of 16gb(or 32) its very helpful to me. Cant wait for the G3.

• Awesomeness Display
  • Knock ON Feature

Cons

• do not have SD card slot

Macsalad
posted on 02 Apr 2014, 15:07 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Apr 2014)

It Much better than paying $200

Macsalad has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I brought this phone just before the GS5 came out on the Vrz network. Why? After careful research I could not justify paying more money for virtually the same phone. Yes the processor is slight faster and the camera is a little bit better but when you are talking about a camera that takes great pictures or a phone that is faster than a lot of computers does it really matter. A 2.2ghz quade core processor on a freaking phone bascially you are saying naw I want 2.6 with the same amount of RAM. That is not a solid reason for a few nano seconds that no one will ever notice.
The Camera really at 13 to 16 megapixels is over at 12 megapixels for a camera.
As for all the GS5 little bells as whistles I don't need my pulse taken every 20 minutes and I have gotten along famously without even looking at it unless I was getting a check up for 47 years.
Finger print reader I am sorry can justify paying to unlock my phone a little faster then lock someone out my phone because I had a heart attack after getting my finger chopped off. Yes I am being silly but still $200 for that I am sorry.
Now lets talk about the G2 it is very fast and and smooth in its transitions from one program to another. I stressed it out downloading so pretty big files and it handled and ran the program with ease.
The screen is big and clear and I mean clear. Sunlight was not a real issue I could see the content and perform normal task without issues.
I could hear conversations clear on the phone and the UI for...

Everyday usage 10/10 Because the phone exceeded my expectations

Pros

Cons

• nothing

cwbw0510
posted on 31 Mar 2014, 20:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Mar 2014)

BW Jersey guy

cwbw0510 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

GREAT phone never had a smart phone last two FULL DAYS without charging on moderate to heavy use(minimal Videoing). Had a Samsung S3 never lasted this long on battery and the screen looks so much better and brighter

Pros

• Super battery

genkidama20
posted on 26 Mar 2014, 13:14 (Posts: 30; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)

Exceeded my expectations

genkidama20 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Coming off of a Samsung GS3, this is a huge upgrade. Obviously it performs better and has better battery life, so I'm not going to go into all of that since it's trivial stuff and it's also been proven over and over again on the internet. What I do want to point out is that the build quality is absolutely amazing. It doesn't feel cheap or flimsy like my old GS3. It's a well built phone. I have not dropped mine yet, but I have put a slim TPU case on it which does a great job of protecting it.

The power button and volume buttons in the back actually aren't as bad as people make it out to be. In fact, I'm pretty used to it now. I love the double-tap to wake feature and actually use that more than I do the power button.

And LG's Android skin is awesome compare to Samsung's TouchWiz. I like it a lot better because it's more flexible and customizable. It also just looks better. And in the app store, there are some free LGHome skins that make your UI look like stock Android.

Call quality and voice clarity is average. Speakerphone quality and volume are also just average. So, as a phone for making calls it does what it needs, but doesn't necessarily excel in this area.

MarcoRoman
posted on 17 Mar 2014, 19:30 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)

Great phone, but not a BlackBerry

MarcoRoman has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I don’t have anything but praise for this phone I feel LG has made a far superior phone to the Samsung S4. They took a chance with the rear button and to my surprise it’s great, give it a chance. Why I gave it an overall 9/10 is because I still feel that the new BlackBerry OS 10 is far superior to both the android and iOS platforms give a try and you'll see... don't believe all the negative hype! Yes BB may not have as many apps but the ones they do are useful unlike the thousands of junk apps the others add to their totals.

Build quality 9/10 Hard to hold without a case, would have preferred a none slip backing similar to my BB Z10.
Camera 8/10 Not as good as in low light conditions as they claim and slow shutter response time.
UI speed 10/10 Because it's ridiculously fast!!!
Display 10/10 Blows away every other phone I looked at especially those crappy iphones!
Battery 10/10 It just keeps going and going and going...

Pros

• screen
  • performance

Cons

• location of speaker, they belong on the front!
  • too much pre-loaded junk!

MarcoRoman alternatives:

AminHazem
posted on 11 Mar 2014, 17:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)

Reviewing lg g2.

AminHazem has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

A really preferable phone. You got to enjoy its display, size, quality of its calls, its ease of use and of course its more than terrific camera. If you are looking for friendly heavy duty mobile phone, you shall go for the LG G2!

jplazas65
posted on 22 Feb 2014, 08:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)

LG G2 a high point

jplazas65 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Nice screen, battery life, good camera, very fast.
We appreciate the fact that the LG G2 has Radio but we really miss the ability of the 3rd button of the headset to change stations and turn off the Radio. It's not justified the fact to take it out of my pockets every time I want to change stations. Hopefully this will be improved in updates.

I really like the three Front Touch Buttons on the screen 5.2 inches. However, this buttons greatly reduce the real screen size to 4.9 inches most of the apps. I suggest a new option to hide/show this buttons in order to maximize the screen usage. Hopefully this will be improved in updates.

Pros

• Battery, Screen, Speed, Camera, remote control

Cons

• Radio, screen usage

A-Lert
posted on 18 Feb 2014, 15:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Jan 2014)

IT'S FAST & IT LASTS!

A-Lert has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was comparing this to the Galaxy S4 and HTC 1 in making my choice. The two biggest factors for me were Processor speed and Battery Life - I have not been disappointed. This phone is really fast and and the battery life is amazing. I leave Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Location Services on at all times; I'm addicted to Pulse and the web, so they are making demands on the battery as well.

Two of the biggest complaints I've heard about the phone are build quality and the back buttons. I have dropped the phone about 3 times without consequence (once on tile - and, I know, it's all in how it lands). It feels nice in my hand - I hand a LG Revolution (got it for free) with the extended battery (which would just make it through the day) and that was heavier. I hardly ever use the back buttons because tapping the phone twice wakes it and that's easier than pushing the button that was on the top edge of my old phone. One other thing I've heard people wish for is more memory but, really, for most people 24 GB user space will be enough.

I also like the keyboard on the phone but I do use SwiftKey - I used to use Swipe and I like this better. BTW - Google Now is amazing.

Like the fact I can disable the bloatware - could not do that on my old phone without rooting it.

Like the fact that it supports GSM - great if you travel!

I know I've only had the phone 12 days but it was easy to move all my contacts and photos to the phone; easy to reinstall all of my favorite apps and I'm loving this phone....

Pros

• Processor speed
  • Text Input
  • Beautiful Display
  • User Interface
  • Will soon have KitKat

Cons

• Really cannot think of any but I will be carefull about dropping it

Neo_Huang
posted on 18 Apr 2014, 20:56 (Posts: 125; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)

Pretty good on paper...

Neo_Huang has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

...but mine sucked. I guess I had a defective model. The battery lasted for two days about half of the time, but often it would experience a sudden drain of about 50 percent after one hour of surfing the web. Also, sometimes, as soon as I unlock the phone, it restarts and repeat that process several times. Apps often crash, even though I had about 1.5 Gigabytes of RAM free. Finally, the build quality is very bad. I left it in my locker and it became horribly scratched. I fell out of my pocket once and the touchscreen became insensitive. Applying even the slightest pressure on it makes it creak.

Pros

• Great camera
  • UI has lots of great features
  • Super-slim bezels
  • IR-blaster
  • Screen destroyed with a single drop
  • Very customizable

Cons

• Strange battery drains
  • Random shut-downs
  • Frequent crashes
  • Prone to scratches, dents and cracks
  • Creaks when pressure is applied
  • On-screen buttons
  • Thick for a flagship
  • Prone to fingerprints
  • Shape and material makes it easy to drop accidentally
  • UI is not very good looking
  • Speakers are weak

ijokic78
posted on 15 Feb 2014, 05:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Feb 2014)

life after nexus

ijokic78 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

As I get this phone for free as business user there is no place to be displeased with it. Even that I have had pay it at it's full price it would worth it. Battery is amazing, screen really crisp and clear. As some one who do a lot of reading using phone screen is very important not only by size but for quality as week, this phone got it all. It's size may be challenging for some but not so for me. In audio and wideo department it's working fine. I have chose this phone over GS4 and HTC1, no regrets. Knock on combined with back placed volume and power buttoons is excellent idea and I hope it will be adopter by other producers. Camera also good but could be better (not all is about pixels). As a previous user of phones as N8, Desire HD, Galaxy Nexus,Lumia 920 and Nexus 4 I am very pleased with LG G2. User feel is a little bit behind what I have felt with Nexus 4 and this could be related more to stock android and I another (complaint) it could be less slippery.

Build quality 8/10 Solid built, perfect bazel. It should be 8mm max and less slippery.
Reception 8/10 Usually works as a charm but somehow (rarely) when sign all bar is full I can't hear other side and they are having difficulties to hear me.
Call quality 9/10 Very good. Not perfect.
Internet 9/10 Not so fast when out of wireless. Compared to Nexus 4 experience well behind.
Camera 8/10 Blurr photos, it takes too long to focus.
Everyday usage 9/10 Comparing to Nexus 4, it could be better. It should be 8, battery autonomy lead it to 9.
Text input 9/10 After installing android keyboard things are finally improving. Default lg keyboard not so good.

Pros

• Excellent battery
  • Perfect screen by size and quality
  • Back command buttons and knock on

Cons

• Slippery
  • Should be faster on 3g

ijokic78 alternatives:

sarge77
posted on 04 Feb 2014, 21:19 (Posts: 201; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)

lg g2

sarge77 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is great fast great battery, have a few small things one is the number scheme on pictures been therr before with this style cam00001 just hoping when i move pics to to pc that the number scheme doesnt start over because it will cause conflict with other picd which will result in an overwrite which sucks.

Pros

• great camera
  • great battery
  • fast processor

Cons

• just camera number scheme wish it was the way android did it with date and time.
  • no expandability but will probably be fixed soon once i find case with sd support

Bukatorade
posted on 23 Jan 2014, 13:10 (Posts: 8; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)

Top of the line...but don't drop it.

Bukatorade has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The hardware specs are all you can ask for in a phone today. Most impressed with battery life. Very fragile though. You need to buy a case for this phone. I think 32GB of storage is enough for me, but maybe not for everyone.

Build quality 5/10 I'm on my 3rd one. 2 drops, 2 broken, unusable screens. I think once others drop the phone for the first time, they will edit their 10/10s in this category.
Reception 9/10 I haven't had major issues. This is location specific though.
Call quality 10/10 No issues.
Internet 10/10 The Google Now integration with Chrome on both the mobile and PC / Chromebook browser is great. Pages load fast.
Multimedia 10/10 I used to download 3rd party music and video apps, but the one that comes out of the box here is awesome.
Camera 9/10 The quality is more than good enough for my medium usage. Comes with useful features. Having the buttons on the back makes for some easy zooming and snapping of selfies.
UI speed 10/10 The phone is fast. Lag is out the window here. Very responsive.
Everyday usage 10/10 I love the Knock feature and back button placements. Comes with a perfectly working remote app for your TV, sat/cable box, air conditioner, DVD player, stereo, etc.
Text input 7/10 Not a huge fan of the stock keyboard, but it's easy to grab a nice one in the Play Store.
Display 10/10 Brilliant.
Battery 10/10 The battery is unreal. I can get 3 days with moderate usage.

• Performance

Cons

• Durability
  • No expandable storage

Dado82
posted on 21 Jan 2014, 14:40 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jan 2014)

Beast!

Dado82 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is by far the best phone I have ever had! Before him I had a Samsung s4, although my s4 right dear, I can not escape the fact that it has surpassed G2..
From the beginning I was not accustomed to the button behind the phone, as time went on, the less it bothers me ..

Pros

• Fast and good cell phone..

Cons

• I would love to have input from the sd card.

Dado82 alternatives:

lululelemon
posted on 19 Jan 2014, 09:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING

lululelemon has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was deciding among the major Android phones such as HTC ONE, GALAXY S4, NOTE 3, NEXUS 5, & LG G2. And finally I got the G2. I'm happy and grateful that I chose G2. No complaints; no regrets; no disappointment. It is amazing, awesome, incredible, fabulous...(ok I can't find any more adjectives.) Its back buttons are innovative and convenient; I got used to them very quickly. It is great inside and outside!!!

abhi009ihba
posted on 17 Jan 2014, 04:30 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)

MMMMMMMMOnster Killl

abhi009ihba has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

like i said, a monster packed beautifully and neatly with a 5.2" awesome display.
I have used this for nearly a month now(bought on 20 dec,2013) and waiting for the first lag :P. runs everything, plays anything, supports whatever you throw at it.
Compatibility is awesome, has future aspects in terms of LTE and all although I dnt think in India that's gonna be affordable real soon but still.

Build quality 8/10 need to consider the back cover, damn slippery. And yes the super duper screen, one fall and it is done. I have seen the reviews on youtube and they were scary.
Reception 10/10 just awesome
Call quality 10/10 brilliant. no problem in network because of phone.
Internet 10/10 runs smooth till now. wifi also works perfectly and wont give you headaches about connection and all.
Multimedia 10/10 just great experience. and the display makes it even better. video player is awesome
Camera 10/10 just check it out i cant describe it. I use 10 mP only n its f@$#ng awesome.
UI speed 10/10 flawless, amazing. the only lag I found is like this. The home screen has a weather widget. say the widget is updating weather information and you are not in the homescreen. now if you press homescreen button, you will feel kind of slow response. this or kind of a lag. Maybe this is 'coz i am used to lightening speed or what :P.
Everyday usage 10/10 nice, phone works good, no lag and no problems found yet.
Text input 10/10 lg keyboard works fine but i use swift keyboard . it adds quality to the phone
Display 10/10 just imagine an almost zero bezel screen and watching movies over it and add to it the 424 ppi. the details are awesome and even when watching in light the screen feels awesome.
Battery 10/10 lets say on 50% brightness the maximum I have used my phone without charging is 40+ hours and charged at 5% remaining battery.

Pros

• awesome dispaly
  • design
  • 2gb G-RAM, a graphics dedicated ram, helps in gaming and saves battery
  • button placement, although ppl tend to hate them but i find them awesome
  • speaker placement
  • quick window

Cons

• build quality
  • weather widget, it kind of slows any way to get to home screen when it is updating itself.

Prasoon.R
posted on 16 Jan 2014, 19:09 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Jan 2014)

The Beautiful Monster !!!

Prasoon.R has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

A great phone with great specs and features.It is really great device with features like Knock On(wake the phone by tapping twice on the screen.) And there is IR blaster For controlling devices like TV,AC etc...There are many features like Clip Tray,QSlide etc.

Multimedia 10/10 The OIS Camera is really great for video recording while traveling and other things...

• Processor
  • Hi-Fi Sound

Cons

• No Micro SD Slot. But 32 GB is enough for me.

Prasoon.R alternatives:

panderbug
posted on 16 Jan 2014, 09:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Jan 2014)

love it EXCEPT

panderbug has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

love it but one light scratch (can only see it if the screen is off) on the screen and now my letters all double, triple or quadruple type. Have to constantly delete letters to write one word. love the feel, love the display except the scratch thing. video offloading and quality totally sucks. Camera is awesome otherwise.

Pros

• love the camera except video
  • love the display
  • love the feel

Cons

• scratch resistance sucks.
  • too big for one handed operation

hancii_banancii
posted on 15 Jan 2014, 07:08 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)

A great phone overall

hancii_banancii has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Overall this is a great phone. The look and feel of it are amazing, also the back button keys are not a problem at all. Everything works fast and the battery life is amazing. It has a lot of useful features and really offers everything you need. Although there's still space for improvments this is a phone I couldn't complain about and I highly recomend to everyone.

Build quality 10/10 I really like those curved edges and it fells to me like the phone fits in my hand very well. I had no trouble at all with the back buttons and overall I think the phone is built with quality and looks really nice.
Reception 9/10 The reception was a little weak in the basement and I didn't experiance that with my previous phone. It was nothing major but still.
Internet 10/10 Super fast and easy accesible. Everything works the way it should.
Multimedia 9/10 I would really like those speakers to be louder but other than that everything works great and clear.
Camera 9/10 It works great but it does seem to need more time than I ecpected to adapt to different lighting.
UI speed 10/10 Have no complains about this - a really fast phone.
Everyday usage 10/10 I'm not super crazy about it but it offers what a phone should. Everything is easy accesible (I asspecialy like fast messaging) and simple to use and as I said everything works fine. I was pleased.
Text input 9/10 Good (I use the QWERTZ keypad) but it could be better. It bugs me when I want to use multiple plain signs let's say arrows like this > and make spaces between them and when I make the space it throws me bact on the normal keypad (It could be just my lack of knowledge for changing it but yea it bugs me)
Display 9/10 Not that anything is wrong but I was just dissapointed a little. The colours seem a little off and maybe too intense or too dark when changing the brightnes and also the white seems to ger burned a lot. I really wasn't impressed but then again everything does look good and even lookig from an angle or outdoor/indor lighting makes no big difference. + responsivnes also nothing to complain about.
Battery 10/10 I use it quite often and with my previous phone I had to charge it every 14hours but this phone lasts way longer. I charge it once every two days or maybe every 36hours. It's really a beast with that strong battery.

Pros

• everything above haha

Cons

• no SDcard space
  • overrated

hancii_banancii alternatives:

karimka
posted on 14 Jan 2014, 08:40 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Jan 2014)

MY LG G2 LAST 3 WEEKS

karimka has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

nice looking phone but really too fragile.
lcd completly destroyed after just 1 drop from 1m high.
dont drop it or you will regret it.

the lcd is too exposed on the edges.
compared to my previous phone (sony xperia), that i dropped several times and never get damaged, the lg is way too weak.

Build quality 1/10 lcd destroyed after a single drop

muhammadhamza131
posted on 14 Jan 2014, 03:32 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Dec 2013)

best phone ever

muhammadhamza131 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It is very fast and has very good graphics.Its camera gives very nice image results.Its internet speed is better than every phone at this time.Its looks very beautiful especially in black color and i love it.

Pros

• ultra fast
  • amazing display
  • high quality camera
  • excellent design
  • LED notification light

Cons

• cannot upgrade android from 4.2.2 to newer its versions

Garmac
posted on 10 Jan 2014, 14:08 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)

This is a great phone

Garmac has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This LG G2 replaces my Nexus 5. Even though I really liked Kit Kat and the look and feel of the Nexus 5, the G2 is really a step above. I especially like the better screen, the knock-on feature to wake the device up, the IR blaster that I use when I can't find my remote and love the battery life. This device will even get better when it gets the kit kat update in a few weeks. Also I like the fact that it supports more bands than the nexus 5. I will be able to use it on T-Mobile 700 Mhz LTE when they activate it later on...

Build quality 10/10 This device feels solid and premium compared to other devices
Camera 8/10 Could have a better aperture. I would have like to see f2.2 or f2.0 instead of f2.4...

• Specs

Cons

• No kit kat upgrade yet
  • f2.4 camera only...

Garmac alternatives: