LG G Flex User Reviews
Overal user rating
The overall rating is the average of all user reviews, while the overall alternatives are the ones that has been listed most.
Call quality9.3/10Battery9/10Reception9.7/10Display9.3/10Build quality9.7/10Text input9.3/10Everyday usage10/10UI speed9/10Camera9.3/10Multimedia10/10Internet9.7/10
Post new review
Please note that each user review reflects the opinion of its respectful author and not of Phone Arena.
posted on 14 Jul 2014, 12:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Jul 2014)
LG G-Flex ...It is a very good phone
scorke has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
I bought this phone at Best Buy for $12 what a steal! The phone retailed for $804 and so far I have been very pleased with it. Battery life is great, and the processor is more than capable. Screen looks great, and yes I said looks great. I know it is a 245ppi screen, How is it that the Apple Ipad 3 running at 264ppi gets a top ranking box, but this phone with just a 19ppi difference gets the bottom ranking box??? Looking at the display it is just not that bad as some have claimed. I came from a Samsung Galaxy S3, and this is for sure and upgrade, not to mention this phone is great for everyday use! The 6 inch screen is awesome to watch video on. As I stated there are some things that can be improved upon, but as a whole.... great phone.Build quality 9/10Reception 9/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 9/10Battery 9/10
- I must say that the screen is not bad, I have read so many reviews that complain about the screen, it looks very good . I am not seeing any of the pixels that have been commented on. Movies look great on this screen!!
- I like the button on the back along with the volume.
- The blinking indicator button on the back for notifications is a nice touch
- Processor is plenty fast
- Battery life is very good
- Buy a case for this phone you will be glad you did..
- Great idea LG for Guest Access!!
- I have about 40 apps loaded and I still have about 16 gig available for use....not to bad this is also taking into consideration my music and all of my documents that I loaded when I connected to my laptop
- I really like the stock LG weather/clock widget. They did a nice job!
- In short very good phone that packs alot of features.
- I really wish they had put a Micro SD slot in the phone.
- The speaker needs to be pointing at you instead of you having to cup your hand around the back to bounce the sound off. HTC got this aspect right!! The rest of you should take note.
- Wish the Battery was user replacable
Was this review helpful? Do you?Report
posted on 15 May 2014, 15:32 (Posts: 3205; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Excellent phone, but not without a few drawbcks
snowgator has owned it for less than year before publishing this review
As a fan of large screen phones, my wife asked me to contrast these types of devices. She was a current user of the Samsung Note lines, so the standard was set pretty high. This was on the market, so I checked into it.
However, the best thing we could have done is give this beast a chance. It is a unique, fun phone. For those not familiar, The LG Flex uses a special type of material on the body and screen tech to allow for a curved device which "flexes" a small amount to give it a bit of durability. It also has a "self-healing" polymer material on the back, which small scratches disappear over time. Crafters have had this type of polymer on their crafting boards for years, where after they cut out paper or whatever they have measured out, the boards polymer material slowly fills back in the scratch from the cut to it's original design.
Do these advantages pay off? Well, this is a HUGE 6" device. The best thing about the curve is that is makes it actually easier to handle. More comfortable to hold then similar sized phones like the Note3 or the Nokia Lumia 1520, it is much easier to carry and use. The curve also makes watch media and playing games on it a joy. Something about the "theatre" feel about it makes it fun. My wife is a reader, and she feels the curve screen is also perfect for that.
The screen itself is nice- vibrant and colorful. details shine. One of the advantages of a large phone is that the internal antenna is also large, resulting in great reception....Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 8/10Internet 9/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 9/10UI speed 7/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 9/10Battery 8/10
- Useful curved screen
- Nice camera
- Great build quality
- Excellent reception.
- Great large screen for those wanting a huge device.
- Expensive phone due to materials.
- heavy UI and controls on back may not be for everyone.
Was this review helpful? Do you?Report
posted on 31 Mar 2014, 03:30 (Posts: 543; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
The most unique phaplet
Trex95 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
People thing the G flex not worth it due to the 720P screenin big 6 inch body, it's unique fast phaplet that even out perform note 3 with the most attractive OLED screen around with great battrey live.Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 9/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 8/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- keyboard isn't that great
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report