LG Escape User Reviews

biglebronski
posted on 13 Dec 2012, 20:24 (Posts: 22; Member since: 18 Mar 2011)

Not a bad phone

biglebronski has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is a decent phone, especially for the price. I just came back to Android from iPhone, and I'm really impressed with Android's improvements over the past year. This phone wouldn't have been my first choice if I was buying on contract, but I traded for it, so that's what I have.

Build quality 8/10 The build feels a little flimsy because of a very thin battery door, and although it has serrated edges to make it feel "grippy," it feels even more slippery in my opinion. Once I put a TPU case over it, it feels a lot better. This rating also got a boost from me because the phone is small compared to the gigantic phones that have become the norm. I like a phone I can use with one hand.
Reception 10/10 Beats the hell out of the iPhone 4 I just got rid of. The iPhone seemed to exaggerate the signal strength too, where this phone makes calls just fine with one bar.
Call quality 10/10 Crystal clear.
Internet 10/10 LTE is fast. Nothing more to say here.
Multimedia 8/10 I'm not a big video watcher, but the screen resolution is more than adequate. Phone speaker is a bit tinny, but I use headphones for music anyway.
Camera 6/10 Very good outdoor pics on a sunny day, but very grainy in low-light indoors. No flash.
UI speed 9/10 This phone is pretty fast. The CPU is 1500MHz, not 1200.
Everyday usage 10/10 This phone is a pleasure to use, and it gets me through the whole day on a charge.
Text input 10/10 Very responsive.
Display 9/10 qHD is plenty of resolution for me. Colors are nice.
Battery 10/10 Still not a lot of phones out there with over 2000mAh batteries. At 2100, this phone keeps me going all day.

Pros

• Fast 4G
  • Fast Processor
  • Good Battery Life
  • Good Call Signal
  • Good Call Quality
  • Not too big for using with one hand

Cons

• Camera takes decent pics outside, but very poor in low-light, and there is no flash
  • Phone feels flimsy and slippery without a case.