LG ENV User Reviews

Tony
posted on 29 Jul 2007, 13:08

Awesome Phone!

I wasn't big on the phone the first time I saw it. When I first signed up with Verizon my intentions were directed at either the Chocolate or the 8600. I made good use of the trial period and do not regret not exchanging. This phone is awesome. The biggest draw for me is the QWERTY keyboard. I am an avid texter and so are all my friends so the keyboard makes life a lot easier. I am also an avid music listener and the dual stereo speakers not only make for great speakerphone conversations, they also make for great music sound quality. The 2mp camera takes high-quality pictures and videos, and I have posted many of the pictures I've taken with my enV on websites, and they look great. I only have two gripes about the enV: First, the internal display screen does not make full use of the large amount of space between the speakers. Second, although the phone is a lot slimmer and sleeker than the 9800, it is still a little too bulky for my taste. Nevertheless, it's a great phone with great quality features.

jaimevillan
posted on 28 Jun 2007, 17:55

the best txting phone ever!

the best texting phone ever not omly for texting but the pic and video quality is aesome! i love this phone i just wish verizon came with a black one insted of a f*&%$^# orange! once you use the gps you cnt drive with out it! this is a great phone!

Novey
posted on 27 Jun 2007, 15:25

best phone for not being a smartphone

this phone has everything and i got this last july. the speakers are very loud for a phone, clear camera for a 2 mp quality, call quality is loud and clear (sometimes i have to turn down the volume because it's so loud), keyboard for easy text messages (better than SIDEKICK 3 keypad), gets great reception (never in "EXTENDED NETWORK" like all my other Verizon phones), video wallpaper, 2 interfaces (VZW and Communicator), and battery life is great. Downside are that it's a Verizon phone, so many things are restricted like bluetooth OBEX Files, can't transfer videos and pictures through USB connection. Doing some research i found a way to put my own ringtones, videos (movies), and pictures.

daniel
posted on 21 Jun 2007, 13:28

this phone is awsome!!!

this phone is probably one of the best cell phones out right now for Verizon wireless. When I went to go purchase this phone I saw that everyone that worked in the Shop had an enV with them...I love the QWERTY keyboard making it easy for texting...I do think that the phone could of made better usage of the space on the front of the phone. But overall this is great!!!

dan
posted on 21 Jun 2007, 13:24

THIS SUCKS

i had purchased this phine about almost a month ago.....and i kept on hating the way it kept on dialing in my pocket....soo i exchaned it for the LG VX9400. now, compared to the enV the VX9400 sucks. im planning on exchanging it back for the enV.

Jake
posted on 16 Jun 2007, 22:32

Great Features, but size is an issue.

Being a verizon customers, theres very few options if you want a decent phone. I went to the store after my 2year expired, planning to get the VX8700, but the great autofocus and high quality screen swayed me to the enV. Its a very sturdy phone, well built, the autofocus also really helps. LG did a good job of trying to disguise the VZ gui that comes on all theyre phones, but it still has all the vcast and get it now crap. QWERTY keyboard is nice, even though i dont text excessively. The sound quality is also excellent, be it speaker phone, or with it shut. Unfortunately, i think i might exchange this phone for the VX8700. The enV is just too big, and i really wish i could keep it, because its about the only VZ phone i could justify paying $170 for, and for that amount the VX8700 is a rip. The only other gripe i have about this phone, is the charger, i dont know if i got a broken one or something, but theres no sort of locking mechanism to keep it in the phone.

and for those of you having trouble making your own ringtones, just email the mp3 to your phone at 'yournumber@vzwpics.com'.

karina
posted on 14 Jun 2007, 23:23

great phone sucky charger

well i had this phone for about 6 months now and already have gone through 2 chargers! that is my biggest problem. and i read a post saying u wish u could make your own ringtones, well you can! this is what you do...go 2 music and tones menu..my sound...record..save..send it to urself...and then click save on the bottom when u receive it and save it as a ringtone. hope that help

MEY DAY
posted on 13 Jun 2007, 22:18

Lovin this Phone

I have the VX9800 and I have loved this phone since I purchased it Last year. Shortly after I got this Phone The VX9900 was released and seems that Most of what I could complain about with the 9800 was fixed with the 9900...

Keyboard is Better, Camera is better, The Phone looks Sleeker and is Lighter, Sound quality and Display is better. Love the Email button
camera Lens is nice too

What could be better is a larger DISPLAY and WIFI capability also get rid of Mobile web 2.0 Why can't this have Normal WEB...
I also would have put the the charging port on the other end of the phone and the Camera on the opposite end from the shutter button ( make it easier to take photos with one hand. Finally it would be nice if you could create your own Ring tones but not a deal breaker.
I have been very happy with my 9800 but I do plan to upgrade to the 9900 as soon as I can...

Connor
posted on 17 May 2007, 17:05

3.4

This Phone Not Worth Its money

it is a fat piece of LG junk for one of the worst networks avaliable, Verizon. This phone feels very un-sturdy in your hands. Plus both screens are too small; the inside screen looks very small compaired to the phone and the outside screen is horribly small. Worst, it has the usless Verizon opperating system installed on it.

Rachel
posted on 28 Apr 2007, 17:04

Verizon rep. #2

jamie, your a nerd!!!! lol. it is a good phone. i like how the keyboard is spaced out in comparrison to the U-740. So when are you getting it jamie? vominose!

jaime villanueva
posted on 26 Apr 2007, 19:49

Verizon Sales Rep!

The enV from LG has everything: EV–DO high–speed technology, V CAST, VZNavigator, Wireless Sync, a QWERTY keyboard, a large internal screen, dual stereo speakers, and an external memory port. It has a 2.0 megapixel camera & camcorder with autofocus and lens cover, and Bluetooth® stereo support for listening to music and it is packed into a slimmer and lighter weight design.

Oddly Enough
posted on 03 Apr 2007, 00:58

4.6

Meh ...

I got this phone cause it was the new hot thing. I thought it was okay untill someone was like hey whats that huge buldge in your pocket? I was kinda imbarasssed. I tried to take it back but they said I could not because I was past my return date. It now serves me as a pretty sturdy door stop. meh...

Stev
posted on 25 Mar 2007, 21:03

GREAT

I just got this phone yesterday and I love it. It has all the features I want even though it is a little big its better than the 1 inch that the V was. I debated between this phone and the vx8600 and I decided to go with this phone. The ease of texting on the QWERTY keypad is great and if you dont wanna open it just text on the outside with t9 or abc. Sound is great with dual speakers, camera is the best on a VZW phone other than the a990 possibly and the theme communicator is sweet. One thing that bugs me with the phone is the fact that the camera has that little bulg but thats just a little mistake in design. One other thing is if you have a micro sd card and you have the option to save a picture to the phone or card. When u turn the phone off it chages that setting to save to the phone wether u have it on card or not. But other than that its a great phone and the price maybe high but its worth it and a hell of alot better than the SK3

Will Harris
posted on 16 Mar 2007, 19:29

LG's Best Model Phone

I have had the enV for about three months, and in my opinion, Lg went above and beyond on this phone. Granted, the phone is bigger than what I am used to using, teh features outweigh the size. Call quality is phenominal. I work for Verizon, and I have seen all kinds, but the enV is the best. I use all the features, VZ Navigator, VCast Music, etc...., and being a guy with big hands, the qwerty keyboard is perfect for me. The only complaint is the UI, you would think that Lg would have had more options for the UI like their other phones. But all in all, a great buy.

Em
posted on 06 Mar 2007, 21:55

I don't know...

Okay, so honestly, I don't even have the phone. On the otherhand, I have been "researching" it for the last two months. I've looked at every review I could get my hands on and this by far is the best review; great detail! But returning to the phone, from what I've heard the sound quality and V CAST feature are definetly the highlights of the phone. The camera and QWERTY keyboard have also been given props. The cons I've seen similar from review to review is that the phone is a bit bulky, the screen in the front is too small, unable to turn recordings into ringtones, cannot use speakerphone when phone is closed, and the sound quality when phone is closed. My hope is, and probablly so are some other's, that these Cons will be fixed sometime in the future in a later model. I've been absolutely obsessing over this phone and no cons I have seen thus far have discouraged me from buying this multiple-feature phone. "Why am I just obsessing over the phone and not buying it?" you may ask. Because I'm on a 2-year contract. But when it's over, I'm jumping on that phone. Currently, my phone is a Samsung A650. It is horrible in my mind. No features whatsoever. That's why I'm doing so much research. So when I get my phone i don't have to spend half my time experimenting with it. After I've this review, I don't think I'll need to do much more research, but this phone has got me siked. There are no ultimate Cons. Great phone to buy. My only big concern is the possibility of it fitting in my pocket....

shOurTy
posted on 25 Feb 2007, 18:25

love it!

i love it. its a little bulky but smaller than the sk3. screen is small on the outside and you cant perform all of the phones functions with it closed. wish you could play games on the front and wish the speaker would work with it closed. easy to type on i use t9 from the outside love how it will look for names stored in your phonebook when your typin a message. stereo bluetooth don kno if it will work on this phone. hope it does the DJ stereo headphones are so nice. wish the screen was bigger on the outside. and the screen on the inside needs to be bigger. sound quality wise

Gregory Andrew
posted on 21 Feb 2007, 15:10

Amazing Phone...WORTH EVERY PENNY!

This phone is amazing, the only gripe i have is that you have to use V-CAST music for the MP3 player....there is no actual MP3 player software although V-CAST music plays MP3's on this phone. The camera also sticks out of the back a bit, but those are my only gripes! It's an amazing phone that is tough and fun to use but also very easy to use. It's got tons of features and sounds quality is awesome!!

Clint
posted on 14 Feb 2007, 20:20

I got this phone as soon as it came out. It does everything a non PDA phone should do. The sound quality is great, it plays music wonderfully, and the keybord is a lot easier to use that the 9800. The catch on it is that it would look stupid with an external antenna but it lasks serive sometime due to that. Its a little costly unless you can find someone to give you a good deal on it, other than that its worth the money.

MajCongo
posted on 10 Feb 2007, 03:17

LG enV

I have had this phone since the day before it came out I have gone completely throught the phone and checked out all its features. I love it, its great. The camera/camcorder is amazing on it, the display is much clearer. The only two things that have surprised me where: 1. you can't set a song when ever different people send you a text and 2. I can't find how to work all the Bluetooth options(file push) on it. But am hoping a software release will fix that. Other that that its the best phone out there.

gods child-satans angel
posted on 03 Jan 2007, 08:52

great phone, but needs work

it came out nov 27th, but i got it dec 2, i was suprised how thin it was compared to the 9800, the camera quality is amazing, plays videos and mp3's(need micro sd)with no problem, the batery life lasts me 2-3 days,-not bad. the only down sides are that the phone doesnt lay flat on a table and thet the space bar isnt in the middle of the bottom row, it can print directly to a printer, but the printer has to be bluetooth enabled. if you choose to geet this phone get the micro sd card and the music essentials kit, also get a program called bitpim to get contacts and other files off your phone(usb cable needed)

proy3269
posted on 27 Dec 2006, 22:28

Hot phone

This is a great phone with amazing features. Its slim new desighn beats out the older model bu a long shot, and the new clearer camera on it makes this phone the full package.

Douglas Murray
posted on 17 Dec 2006, 13:55

VX 9900

Love the phone and I use it for business. Like the keyboard and the way the phone opens. I use it to send a lot of text messages and the voicemail as well. To say nothing about the Music side of things.

CooWhip
posted on 11 Dec 2006, 03:39

i love it

i love the upgrade it has the best camera and easier

to type for some reason i love it

pac yezze
posted on 10 Dec 2006, 04:10

same

same thing as lg vx9800 just better cammera...

p.s. to buyers.
be smart and save your money by byeing the lg vx 9800 instead.

_*Cynical_Female*_
posted on 04 Dec 2006, 19:24

I Love My EnV

I love my phone. I've been waiting for this phone for over 9 months and I can honestly say that I'm so happy I waited. The pictures are awesome... the music r0cks....

Its awesome!!! Buy Itttttttttttttttttttttttttt