LG ENV User Reviews

Josiah
posted on 22 Jun 2008, 12:16

Env should be envied!

It is the best phone I have ever had. I never drop calls, battery life is amazing and the Qwerty keyboard is a joy to text on. I love the menus which are very easy to navigate. I got the phone Oct. 22 2007. I still love it!

Melissa
posted on 20 Jun 2008, 14:17

5.8

ew.

Okay this phone is terrible. I am on my third phone. Allow me to explain, I got my first enV and it was okay for about two weeks. then it wouldn't send or receive txt messages every like 5 or 6 texts. Won't receive some calls, and my media player doesn't work. I replaced that phone and got a new one, which had the same problems and after a week of having that one, i had to send in for another, after this if this replacement doesnt work, i'm upgrading. Though alot of people have had a sucessful run with the enV mine has been absolutely horrid. I wouldn't reccommend this phone to anyone that doesn't want to be in the verizon store every week. and it is a big phone, and if you have small pockets it wont fit. the only nice quailty about it is the sound, and the ability to type on both front and inside, and it comes in orange. The enV2 is pretty much retarded my friend has it and the screen on the front is so small, that it's pratically useless, the keys on the front are huge, and the only semi okay color is maroon, since black shows every scratch. Anyways, maybe some of you have had better luck, but this is the worst phone I have ever had, my free phone worked better.

josh
posted on 04 May 2008, 23:13

iloveit

best phone i have ever had. it gives me no problems what so ever. i love it
the only thing is that its to bulky

debbie
posted on 18 Apr 2008, 20:17

6.4

really think about it...

i got this phone as an upgrade from verizon and was all excited; i was told that almost everyone that worked for them had them and it was the best phone on the market! well in less than a month, i have been through 6 of these phones. first phone stayed on silver screen, second phone had media problem and wouldn't read neither mine nor the techs card, 3and4 had speaker issues, 5th kept turning itself off and the 6th likes to go online without me!! i have talked to verizon and have decided to go with the samsung alias instead and hope that it's all it's cracked up to be. at least it locks on the outside and when i bump it will not go online or try to make calls all by itself. also, it is really bulky, i felt like i had my dads old dinosaur nokia phone. it would be a great phone if it was more slimlined and thinner and worked out all of the kinks. maybe in 2 years when i can upgrade again, if they fix all the problems and have a better design, i might try again, but until then, i guess i'll try the alias. good luck all!!

sk3tchy2themaxx
posted on 08 Apr 2008, 13:13

poooooop

i love this phone to death but it is a lil too chubby. it need to lay off the big macs a little. but the keys r a good size compared to the alias. i hate that thing.
if only the enV2 was not so retarded looking and came in better colors, id buy it!
but yea.. i don't know why everyone complains about the "camera bump" on the back. its not too shabby. but it is fat and that kinda bugs me... like a lot.

there should be an enV3 that is the same design as this one, just a tid bit skinnier, better colors and yea :]
that would pretty much rock my socks :]]

Jamilia
posted on 07 Apr 2008, 02:23

the best phone ever!!!

this is the best phone lg has ever made...i work for VZW and believe me...this phone is the most dependable and durable phone and i was coming from the lg 8100 which was the best to me at that time....i currently have the Blackberry 8130e and ive used the samsung u620 as well and the ENV still prevails as top device!!! You're welcome!

Ralph
posted on 17 Mar 2008, 20:49

I have had the EnV Orange for a little over a month now. For a standard phone with a keyboard this is an awsome phone. For those that are looking for a PDA/Smart Phone, this phone is not for you. It is not a PDA/Smart Phone. For someone that text a lot, it is an awsome phone. I really wanted a Smart Phone but was to cheap. I have found that using different apps on the web I can get just about all the functionality I needed of a PDA. Not as handy but work for what I need. Highly recommend.

DEV
posted on 14 Feb 2008, 14:18

PEICE OF CRAP

This phone is a peice of crap. the battery time sucks. there are not enough alerts. you have to buy any applications that you want to have on it. yes is does come in different colors which is nice (I have the Orange one)but the design could be a lot better. granted that the screen is very clear but the buttons are hard to push and they are not bright enough on the outside

amy
posted on 14 Jan 2008, 14:45

best phone b amy

this phones kicks a**!!!!!!!! i love it for texting and i get great service on it and great battery life and thats what i need because i talk a lot.....the camera isi awesome too..i take a ton of pics and store them to my memory card the print them at wal mart.they turn out great

j
posted on 08 Jan 2008, 16:04

Great phone and you will not go broke

Just got my Envy around christmas. I needed a phone that had a good battery life and with the majority of Verizon's phone not lasting past 3 hours of talk time I was really impressed with the Envy. With normal usage I dont have to charge this phone for 3 days.
This phone is also great for text messaging. I have large fingers but had no problems adjusting to the keyboard.
Now the cons, and not that there were many.
The front keys are a bit too small and I sometimes click on the wrong menues. Also I wish the ringer sound was louder. Its fine when the phone is opened , but when You close it the sound gets muffled a bit.
In all, this is the best phone for the money.

Zack
posted on 29 Dec 2007, 14:14

Amazing.

I just got my enV about a week ago, and this phone is seriously amazing. I wanted to get myself something nice for christmas and something that didn't cost 300$, and I found it. There are very few things I don't like about this phone. The design of this phone is really slick. The camera is awesome. I use my phones a lot to take pictures, and this phone produces very clear pictures. I also txt a lot, so the keyboard is probably my favorite feature.

Pros -
Keyboard, the buttons are evenly spaced out for less mistakes.
Slick design.
Great Camera.

Cons -
Instead of having a spacebar, you have 2 buttons on each side for spaces. But hey, that works great too. I was just a little unhappy about it at first.
The cameras flash isn't that great, it often gives a blue tint to the picture other than lighting it up.
The front screen is a little smaller than I would like it to be, but I don't use it much so it doesn't bother me at all.

Overall, this is a great phone.
If your someone that txts a lot and takes a lot of pictures, this phone is made for you.

~sami~
posted on 03 Dec 2007, 16:55

The Best fone EVER

hey wat's up guy. i'm here today to tell you how AWSOME the enV is. it the best phone because it got awsome freatures and the sound quality is very loud so if you have hard hearing it's hard not to hear it. also the camera is exilent, its very clear and wonderfull. if you had to choose a phone you should choose this phone becuase this phone is great fpr txter and for anyone. this phone is perfect so you should get it. P.S. tell me if my little paragraph is usefull. thanks luv ya'll. ~sami~

Lynn S
posted on 25 Nov 2007, 20:52

Text too small to read

If you are over 40, don't bother. The text size is too small to read even on the largest setting. I've had my phone for six months and bought it as a package with my son's phone. I was looking forward to having a phone with a few bells and whistles, but would gladly give them up just to be able to read the displays. The inside display is a little larger, but I don't want to have to flip my phone open to read the caller I.D. The phone does offer a text to voice option, but that in itself is very annoying for various reasons. I am not ready to be classified as a senior citizen or special needs and my overall vision is still 20/20, but I refuse to dig in my purse for my reading glasses so I can see who is calling or read a text message. There are many phones out there with adjustable text, unfortunately I did not research that before I purchased it.

Nancy
posted on 20 Nov 2007, 12:45

The Best Phone

Ive had this phone for about 6 months and is the best phone ever! From the design to the features on the phone! The camera is just great! No regrets getting this phone! LOVE IT!

Jacoby
posted on 17 Nov 2007, 18:34

Freakin Awesome Phone

I just got this phone today and i cant stop using it the battery life is awesome the camera it is definately the best phone that verizon offers
TRUST ME!

VZW Tech
posted on 06 Nov 2007, 17:35

Tech Support

This phone, particularly the Orange or Green versions which are updated, rocks. Does everything you need a phone to do, internal screen is vivid and bright, sound is above expectation for a built in speakers.

jvillan
posted on 31 Oct 2007, 22:22

the best phone ever!

i love this phone is the best phone i ever had! i love the qwerty keyboard i love the the cam i love this phone!

matt
posted on 11 Oct 2007, 22:38

pretty sweet phone

You hear plenty of people say 'oh its so big' or 'the front screen is too small'. dont listen! yes, the phone is slightly larger than others but you really don't notice after the first week you have it. and the same goes for the front screen. the keyboard is great, and a really neat feature is that on both directional pads you can set them for any shortcut you want to. 2 of my friends have the samsung sch-u740 but i dont care for it too much. all in all this phone is sturdy, great for texting and it's just a good phone all around. no complaints here!

DeadPool
posted on 04 Oct 2007, 12:50

Good Phone Waiting for the VX10000

the enV is good phone the sound quality is great as a speaker phone and a music phone. Great for texting (gotta love the keypad) even though it would've been better as far as the mobile web goes. Good phone can't wait for the vx10000 to come out, touch screen phone, tv, music although it sound like a good phone, im not happy with the 2.0 megapixel camera

spa83
posted on 14 Sep 2007, 01:21

Great Deal

This phone is worth every penny. I have had it since January and it has kept me entertained which is pretty hard to do since I usally change cell phones every 6 months. I do wish it wasn't so heavy.Be careful when you are charging the phone, I had to replace mine because the charging port stopped working.

Kevin
posted on 10 Sep 2007, 17:53

Durable

I have a real problem with breaking phones. I skate i go to alot of shows and drop it alot. This phone holds up. I broke 4 cellphones in a week once and this baby keeps going no matter how many times i fall on it. Great phone.

Pam
posted on 30 Aug 2007, 22:57

4.4

Not quite right

Overall, I like this phone. However, the front screen is way too small. And the music player BLASTS your eardrums with the phones in making it basically unusable as a music player. Otherwise, it has some nice features, though all of them cost extra to use.

Mike
posted on 19 Aug 2007, 22:30

Different Colors

LG's doing pretty good rockin a device with verizon and now in new colors, first the silver, now its the orange and the next color that is supposed to be dropped is a supposed "green EnV" that will drop around September 2 of this year, and while that is highly anticapated, i wonnder how many colors they will drop

elgee02
posted on 06 Aug 2007, 14:02

elgee02

After owning this phone for over 8 months (yeah I got it pretty much when it first came out) I finally decided to submit a review overall I'd give it 9.9

I upgraded from the LG-VX9800 V (which at the time I also loved) and I was BLOWN AWAY by this phone! The keypad is well spaced and the buttons aren not too small, so texting with my larger than average hands is a breeze (and I text a lot). Camera is great and the addition of the lens cover addressed my biggest beef with the 9800.

Signal strength for 1x-RTT and EV-DO are both excellent, but to be honest that has more to do with the fact that where I live VZW has excellent coverage anyways. But I have travelled with this quite a few times and only a few times on interstate I have gone completely out of service, but every time it has happened I was also literally in the middle of nowhere. No huge issue.

The sound quality of the stereo speakers is impressive considering their size, and the screen resolution is also wonderful. Playing music on this is great and the A2DP is also flawless on my stereo BT headset.

I am also impressed with battery life despite being a less powerfull battery than the 9800 had. I do a decent amount of talking but tons of texting and also a good amount of mobile web and playing games, and I never have a problem with the battery dying before I make it home in the late evenings. The battery meter is a bit odd in that it won't take long to drop down to 2 bars, but it will seemingly stay on 2 bars...

Armando Almaguer
posted on 30 Jul 2007, 12:10

Love this phone

I am loving my new phone. I have had smart phones for the past years. I always have had blackberrys with Cingular. Six months ago I switch over to Verizon and got the Moto Q. Like the phone but the camera was not the best and I wanted a good music phone. So I convinced myself to get buy the EnV and drop the Moto Q. Now I am truely glad I did that. Love the display screen, the sound quality, the full keyboard and camera. Great phone and love the Orange color