LG Cosmos User Reviews

Text input5.4/10
Everyday usage3.9/10

Darlou
posted on 19 May 2010, 19:04

good

I got my phone a week ago.  It is great.  It locks by itself (the person who said it didn't must have the setting off... cause it does!) and txts and calls well.  I like a lot that you can change the short cuts, the menus that pop up when you push the middle button up, down, l or r, and that you can change what appears when you open the phone.  I also like that I can open the phone and start typing and it automatically opens text msg for me and lets me type it in.  I only need a phone and txt and the camera is a nice extra so for me it's perfect.  I agree with others.... if you want something the phone doesn't have but something else!  As for the people scoffing the memory card when there's no music play, what music is the ONLY thing you can store on it?  Why are you scoffing it having a memory card when it can't play music?  I never played music on my phones and I've used the  memory card on all of them.

Pros

• Well thought out layout which lots of options to change the short cuts etc for your own personalization. Easy to use and good basic phone.

Cons

• Keys are a little small. I really liked my EnV but it died on me so this is the next best thing...

posted on 15 Apr 2010, 01:34

We just bought 4 of the Cosmos and have Not had any problems.  When you are buying for the whole family it is nice to still have phones available that do not require the data package.  It is perfect to use with the unlimited message package because they have made it very accessible for that.  Instant messaging and text messaging options is the first thing you see when you open the qwerty board, preloaded with Yahoo, Aim and windows live.  Also has My Space and Facebook already installed also.  Very easy to use, loud ringers, good battery.  The bad reviews on the sturdiness of this phone must have come from people that are either rough on their equipment or they got a bad phone...it happens to the best of phones, sometimes they have glitches.  You have the chances of that happening no matter what you choose.  The negative reviews on the features, well these phones were not made with them, some of us like that, I don't need all that stuff and neither do my kids.  This phone is perfect for someone that likes it simple and likes to talk (or text), lol.

Pros

• easy messaging access, loud, good battery life

Cons

• minor con is you can't object push tones or pics, only one color to pick from

hardtb
posted on 09 Apr 2010, 20:39

terrible phone

the same night i got this phone its shell broke while trying to put on its protective case. the next day i got a replacement phone and after that every morning the battery has been dead. this is 2 problems in the first week. there is no option so that when you close the phone it locks. it gets really annoying after awhile having to press and hold the 0 key to lock the phone. dont bother asking the techs at verizon how to change the phones settings, they dont have a clue.  my friend who works there admitted to me that because it is one of the last phones not to need a data plan, their not even encouraged to learn the phones features. soon they wont even carry them because all the phones will require a data plan soon. this is just a half hearted attempt at a low budget phone that doesnt work very well.

Pros

• cheap

Cons

• very inconvenient to use

SKYLORDD
posted on 07 Apr 2010, 07:53

I've been waiting for a phone that had a QWERTY keyboard but didnt have a million and one other features that you have to pay $30.00 for every month.  For those who complain about the lack of music players and flashes (camera does have a night function) and such, theres a simple fix for that. DONT buy it !!!!!   Why are you complaining,  if they advertised that it would have these features and then didnt come with them, then you complain.  but they didnt advertise those features so stop acting like a bunch of girls. This is a great BASIC phone with a QWERTY keyboard and little else.  Just what the doctor ordered.  And 2 for 1 for $29.95.  Life is great.

Pros

• QWERTY keyboard, nice size and weight, 2 button lock that wont call people when its in your pocket.

Cons

• NONE

Gerre Brenneman
posted on 02 Apr 2010, 12:18

Very Good Basic Phone

I don't understand why people are upset when a phone doesn't have something they want--don't buy it. The Cosmos is a good basic, easy to use phone without frills. For me that is a giant plus.  Sounds good, easy to figure out, and feels balanced in your hand. No it is not an iPhone or Droid; it does not have a radio, TV, or coffee maker, but it is very good at what it is designed and built to do. Don't hesitate to get it if you want simple and good.

Pros

• Easy; good clarity; inexpensive; slider QWERTY and real buttons; can access most things from the keypad.

Cons

• I'm still looking for negatives, but haven't found any.

wer
posted on 31 Mar 2010, 16:32

werw

It doesn't have a music player which is possibly the dumbest thing ever. The phone comes in the box with a usb cable and is equiped with a sd slot and a headphone jack. but for some reason LG decided to poop the bed and not let it play music. good work. LGs slipping hard.

Pros

• wer

Cons

• er

Deja
posted on 29 Mar 2010, 10:23

Cosmos-great design, lacking some features

I was so excited when I saw this phone was coming out.  It has everything I wanted in a phone, or so I thought.I went to the store the day it came out to field test it and I loved the design and the overall feel of the phone.  When I went to the website to order I realized that this phone does not have a music player but does have the capability of up to a 16GB memory card.  I went back to the store to confirm this with the sales person and he was nice enough to call Verizon for me and confirm that it indeed does not have a music player.  So, I am back to the drawing board.  I only wanted a phone that has a dial pad on the front, a full keyboard and a music player.  It really isn't that much to ask.  I've looked at the Intensity and am not thrilled with its design or feel.

Pros

• The design is exactly what I've been looking for with scroll buttons on face of phone and two button unlock feature (eliminates purse dialing)

Cons

• No music player and no flash for camera.
  • I have confirmed with Verizon customer service that this phone does not offer a music player but does have the capability of a 16GB memory card---sorry but what's the point if you can't download music?

Nichole
posted on 26 Mar 2010, 22:26

Love it.

I am a new gadget junkie..even bout the Brigade early. But the Bridade really didn't have the features I like. I also HATE touch screen so lots of the new phones were out for me as well. I adored the original EnV..so everytime I tried a new phone eventully I would turn back on the EnV. Enter the cheap Cosmos..so far its very comparable to the EnV that I love..it memorizes words on the front which is VERY important to me, easy to use, tons of ringtones and simple. Cheap and user friendly! Love it. Only downfall no flash for the camera : (

Pros

• Memorizes words on the front! Big front screen, comfortable, lots of features, easy to use.

Cons

• no flash on camera