x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
LG Cosmos Discussions
  • Options
    Close

How do i acctivate the memory card

lizzyrichtig_123 08 Nov 2010, 17:05 posted on

ok i placed my memory card into the slot and it didnt do anything!! wat do i do!?

posted on 10 Nov 2010, 10:23

1. bennor (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 Jul 2010)

The microSD card is for storing pictures, sounds, and ringtones. The phone will access the contents of the card via the Media Player Menu application. But first the card must be formatted by the phone to the proper folders are created on the card.

The memory card can be formatted by inserting it into the slot on the Cosmos, then on the phone, select OK (Menu) --> 9. Settings & Tools --> 0. Memory --> 3. Card Memory --> Options --> 1. Format. Once formatted the card will have four folders on it. The folders are "contact, "my_pix", "my_ringtones", "my_sounds". You can now either remove the memory card and use a card reader on a PC/MAC to move files to and from the card. Or connect the phone to a PC/MAC with the included USB cord (for powering the phone), then put the phone into USB Mass Storage mode via OK (Menu) --> 3. Tools --> *. Mass Storage. Once in Mass Storage mode the computer should see and access the microSD card and its contents.

To save pictures, sounds and ringtones to the memory card from the phone, select OK (Menu) --> 9. Settings & Tools --> 0. Memory --> 1. Save Options. From there you can set the phone save options to save to the microSD card's "my_pix", "my_ringtones", "my_sounds". The phone will play/view the saved media on the phone via the Media Center app on the phone.

More information about the Cosmos and its features are contained in its User Guide -http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/lg_cosmos/cosmos.pdf.

posted on 20 Jan 2011, 20:31

2. MaizeRage48 (unregistered)

I followed your instructions and formatted my microsd card. I saved a song I bought on iTunes into the "my_ringtones" folder. I was able to play the song on my computer, but not on my phone, it just says "Folder is empty" did I miss a step?

posted on 16 Mar 2011, 17:15

3. GIA (unregistered)

I just got the Cosmos Touch phone. I've already learned the hard way about formatting the memory card-it wiped out all of my pictures! UGH! Since I still have my old LG flip phone (I upgraded to the Cosmos Touch after about 5 years with my old phone so I don't remember it's style name), I took a few pictures on it. When i inserted the memory card into the new Cosmos Touch, it did not read any of the "test" photos I had just put on the card using my old phone. I said to "move" to phone as well and still none of my "test" photos came over. Does anyone know why? Thanks!

posted on 21 Sep 2011, 16:27

4. peter pan (unregistered)

how do get the sd card out???

posted on 28 Sep 2011, 08:58

5. kathleen (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Sep 2011)

has any one figured out the memory card yet. I have done everything suggested but it still says not content saved.

posted on 09 Mar 2014, 01:46

6. maplelegend (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)

get it out

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories