LG Cosmos Touch User Reviews

Call quality6.4/10
Battery5.9/10

Sabrinaismynamedontwearitout
posted on 22 Apr 2011, 20:29

OMG this phone looks awesome

Sabrinaismynamedontwearitout has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

OMG I havent gotten this phone yet but it looks great. I cant wait to get it! People say they have problems with calling, but I almost never call, so that wont be a prob. Also my brother in law is a verizon manager and he says this phone is an awesome phone. I really like how its a touch screen (never had one before im sooooooooo excited) but ut also has a QWERTY keyboard, so there wont be any touch screen typey issues. I have been looking for a phone perfect for me and now I have decided this Cosmos touch is definitely the one I want. Thanks everyone else for reviewing about this phone, cuz now I know i want to get it! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!! This loooks SO much bettter than my old Blitz, I want it SO bad!

Pros

• Looks pretty
  • QWERTY keyboard
  • Touch Screen (ALWAYS wanted one!)
  • SO much cooler than my old Blitz
  • full keyboard is slidey, not a flip, which I like
  • Keyboard is a pretty color
  • call and end buttons, i like that.
  • Very popular phone, so it will be easier to get a good case for it

Cons

• No video, although not really a prob, the blitz doesnt either
  • only black, no other colors(thats ok i can get a case)
  • I cant find any more bad things!!!!!!!

Mal
posted on 20 Apr 2011, 18:48

WORST FONE EVR!!!

Mal has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Ive had this fone for less than a month and HHHAAATTTTEEEE it!!! the fone screen is soooooooooooooo non respondable. u have too put allllot of pressure on. also u have to manuly lock the phone. that means u have to go into this than go into that. also it BUTTDAILS i was @ the store when i had called a random number and all i heard waz hello helllllo nevr call this # again!! this phone is the pain in the buttt!! also the battery like is reallly small.

DONT GET IT!!!

Pros

• the keypad is very nice
  • the camera

Cons

• the screen

lemon8997
posted on 20 Mar 2011, 21:46 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Mar 2011)

Good phone!

lemon8997 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is an amazing phone! I think you should get it, but if your not used to keyboard texting... It may take a while to get used to :) this phone is very pretty, and very normal, if you want a touch screen phone that works well, i reccomend this one, its not to hard to figure out either! :)

Pros

• Good reception!

Cons

• The camera isnt the best

JN
posted on 16 Mar 2011, 21:01

avid texter

JN has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is terrible. Powers off frequently, and sends texts to the wrong people all the time. I had it for 2 weeks with continous problems. Verizon replaced it and the new one is just as bad or worse. If you text a lot, DON'T BUY THIS PHONE!!!!

Jazz
posted on 12 Mar 2011, 15:24

TERRIBLE

Jazz has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

the phone sucks. it deletes texts, shuts off, takes 5minutes to send texts, and the touch screen is horrible. I have had it just over a month and wish i never got it. i wish i had waited for the iPhone 4 because this phone is the worst, my friend has the same phone with the same problems.

Pros

Cons

• all

Jazz alternatives:

hatethisphone
posted on 12 Mar 2011, 13:31

very unhappy

hatethisphone has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I got this phone in January and am on my third one. My third one is just as bad as my first one. The phone shuts off when I slide it shut, my text messages send twice, my sent messages get randomly deleted (the newer ones before the old ones), nobody can hear me during phone calls, and text messages appear to be from and sent to the wrong people. I am not usually picky on phones, but this one is particularly terrible.

britt
posted on 11 Mar 2011, 09:46

Love It!

britt has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have now had my phone a little over a month and I have to say that I absolutely love it! The Cosmos Touch is such a big upgrade from my EnV2. I have never once had any problems with it at all...most of the problems that some people are complaining about can be changed within the phone if you just look through your settings...as far as how your messages are displayed and stuff like that. I highly recommend this phone!

chelsea
posted on 05 Mar 2011, 20:01

it is a pretty good phone

chelsea has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

it has been a pretty good phone internet sucks on it but its atleast easy to use I would most definitely recommend the droid.(: my dad has that phone and it's amazing!

Pros

• nothing

Cons

• nothing

chelsea alternatives:

xcv
posted on 26 Feb 2011, 11:43

vxz

xcv has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

this phone basicly sucks always sends texts to the wrong people which can be really embarassing and touch screen is very glitchy always restarts and cannot wait to get a new phone. overall horrible! only good thing is it seems to be durable because it hasn broken yet and i am a pretty clumsy person but still wouldnt recomend

Sean
posted on 18 Feb 2011, 22:52

Excellent

Sean has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone has been great for everyday use. Overall, there is very little to complain about (see below) - it works well, is easy to use, and has a nice large touch screen. Most people won't thoroughly read this paragraph anyway, so you can look at the detailed review below to find out what I do and don't like about it.

Build quality 10/10 Seems sturdy and compact, not like it's going to break
Reception 9/10 Seems fine
Call quality 6/10 People have to ask me to repeat things a lot...
Internet 10/10 Don't use it
Multimedia 10/10 Great
Camera 6/10 below average, no video
UI speed 6/10 It can be slow, but not terribly so
Text input 10/10 Keyboard has a good feel and is more spacious than some sliders
Display 10/10 Love the touch screen and large display
Battery 3/10 Lasts only two days with mild usage

Dante
posted on 12 Feb 2011, 16:39

Great!!!!!

Dante has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just got it and and at first it was turning off when I send messages so when you are using the full keyboard dont shut it while it is sending the message buto ther that that it is great! I love it! Great for kids and I just love it! It rocks! Don't listen to stupid people who say its not becasue it is great!

Internet 10/10 I don't use the internet!

Boogins
posted on 03 Feb 2011, 20:15

Stick with Motorola

Boogins has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Sensitivity is BAD. Phone goes analog and generates an echo on the receiving end of the call. DON'T BUY, if your primary use is as a telephone. Texting is great. Touch screen works well. Phone seems well built. Camera is an anemic 1.3 mp. The key is that it should be a phone first and it just isn't up to the task compared to my old Motorola.

Pros

Cons

• Poor signal sensitivity

sarahbear100
posted on 14 Jan 2011, 15:31 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jan 2011)

AMAZING PHONE

sarahbear100 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

AWESOME PHONE!!!! It is wonderfull don't listen to the other peopl ive had mine for over a year and its never glitchy also its compact and tiny not bulky and outdated like other phones........thew camera quality isnt great but it will do i recomend this phone!

TheTexter
posted on 05 Jan 2011, 20:42

LG Cosmos Touch

TheTexter has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I can not stand this phone. I use my phone for texting mainly and this phone is below my expectations set by my old phone. Its keyboard is way to small and the touch screen is very annoying when trying to scroll while texting. Plus the camera is bad and I wasn't able to transfer my pictures from it. And every other feature it has is average to me, I do not recommend it.

Build quality 10/10 Didn't break yet and I'm really hard on it.
Reception 6/10 Maybe its just where I live but receptions so-so
Call quality 9/10 Have to say pretty good.
Internet 5/10 Dont use often
Multimedia 5/10 Alright
Camera 3/10 No videos
UI speed 2/10 Idk

Anthony
posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:55

Best cell phone ever

Anthony has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

It comes with everything i need. It has a camera and it takes good photos. Sending a text message is a breeze! It is easy to personalize. It has a space theme that looks really good. However, 3 times since i got this phone, i had it locked and i pulled it out of my pocket and i found it calling someone although i didn't press any buttons. Other than that, i am happy.

Internet 10/10 Don't use it
Multimedia 10/10 you can use music, sounds and pictures
UI speed 10/10 It's fast
Text input 10/10 Easy to text
Display 10/10 Nice big screen
Battery 10/10 Lasts the entire day

Pros

• Easy to text
  • good pictures
  • phone looks nice
  • menus look nice
  • bluetooth
  • very personalizable
  • call quality good
  • easy to use
  • easy to get used to
  • slide out keyboard

Cons

• no wifi
  • cannot zoom while taking photos
  • lock feature is very gullible
  • 3 times i found it calling someone because buttons got bumped in my pocket

citrusquid
posted on 23 Dec 2010, 22:40

citrusquid has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The phone I had before this was the env 3 and it was good. i got pushed into the pool with it so it stopped working good and had terrible battery time. this phone is easy to use and I can work it well and have never used a phone with a touch screen. I like that the phone has a keyboard so you don't have to use a touch screen to type. I have only had this phone since the 15th but so far no problems. I highly reccomend it.

Internet 5/10 I don't know how good or bad internet is, don't use it.
Camera 8/10 it doesn't have the best quality, and no video.
Text input 9/10 sometimes is slow, never a problem

Al
posted on 23 Dec 2010, 15:30

?

Al has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i love the phone but i can't figure out how to get the back off to see the battery. does anyone know how to get it off? but the phone is great. it is very easy to use also..........my old phone (voyager) was terrible. It was huge and barely fit in a pocket. this phone is PERFECT!

rae
posted on 21 Dec 2010, 09:55

I dont know what to say!

rae has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

its the perfect phone. ive heard so many god thigns about it! i dont have it yet. im getting it tomorrow but i have een n the verizon store and looked at all the phones there, the one i liked most was the COSMOS TOUCH!! of course!! the Env TOUCH is a good phone but i perfer the cosmos touch. my friend has Env TOUCH and when i use it or mess around with it, it always seems that it just gets on my nerves. the cosmo touch is the best ever in my opinion!

Tranedr
posted on 19 Dec 2010, 18:40

Great Phone!!!!!!

Tranedr has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is an amazing phone! I highly reccomend it. I love the touch screen, and I also enjoy the slide out keyboard feature. It has a decent camera, and there is no video recording, which may be a problem for some, but not for me. I love the texts appearing as a chat room! That is so cool! It is a very sleek and user friendly device. One problem that I have experienced is that the device randomly restarts itself, which poses as an inconvienence at times. Overall, it is a great phone, with a few kinks, but overall, great!!!!!!!!

Build quality 10/10 Solid build.
Reception 10/10 Never drops calls.
Call quality 10/10 Amazing sound on both ends.
Internet 3/10 Dont use the internet on my phone.
Multimedia 9/10 Not used often, but good.
Camera 7/10 Mainly built for quick snaps.
Everyday usage 8/10 Phone restarts automatically sometimes.
Text input 9/10 May hesitate at times.
Display 10/10 Beautiful display!
Battery 6/10 Needs to be charged daily.

Pros

• Lots of features

pooter1897
posted on 19 Dec 2010, 14:23

cosmos touch

pooter1897 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

AWESOME PHONE!!!!!!!
I just got this phone yesterday and i love it, i really like the full touch screen on it and it is a good phone for me because i am a teenager. it is easy to operate and it is small,and compact i advise you to by this phone.:)also before i got this phone i had the blitz and i hated it because it always went on internet by itself so then i got the cosmos touch and i just love it.and i got a pink case to go on it and it looks good.

Pros

• good battery and camera
  • light weight and small
  • easy to use
  • compact

*Jordann(:
posted on 16 Dec 2010, 09:01

Greatt phonee! (:

*Jordann(: has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i absolutely love this phone. i hated my old phone (Verizon Blitz) and this is such an upgrade. The touch screen is easy to use, texting is great on this phone, and its easy to learn. I have had no problems with it yett. The camera might only be 1.3 megapixels but it still takes great pictures! And you can edit the pictures in many ways to make it look better and cooler. It has a lot of different features on it, and they're easy to find. Overall, the phone is just great. I'm a teenager and i can use it well, so i'm sure this phone is great for any ages! (:

Pros

• Cool phone

Dee
posted on 08 Dec 2010, 14:58

Not too bad.

Dee has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've had this phone for almost a month, and I've really been liking it. It get's a little slow when you are using it and you get a text, but I think that's fairly normal. My biggest problem is that if you don't fully charge the battery (even if you charge it for 3 hours) the battery doesn't last that long. If you do charge it fully though, then it lasts a while. Also, whenever I try to go to my sent box, it shuts off. I like that touch screen is actually a touch screen, and not a heat sensing one, so yes, you do have to touch the screen a little bit harder, but if you have long fingernails, or gloves on, you can still use it. There isn't really anything I can rave about, but nothing I can complain about either.

Internet 5/10 I don't use the internet on my phone

Pros

• Not heat sensing screen, you can use it with gloves on!

Cons

• Randomly shuts off

Flybirddog
posted on 29 Nov 2010, 23:53

Good so far

Flybirddog has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have had this phone for a couple days and have really been enjoying it. The keyboard is good and I have bulky fingers. The touch works just fine though you do have to press down harder than an iPod touch (it is a cheaper display of course). Great interface and created for testing. Features work great with social networks and all. My only negative is no video. The camera is just fine but if you are looking for video don't get this phone.

Internet 2/10 I don't use Internet.
Camera 8/10 Not the best but it will do

Pros

• Creative and fun

Cons

• No video

loulou10
posted on 27 Nov 2010, 11:52

Pretty good phone!

loulou10 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just got this phone and i love it! i like the touch screen and the sliding keyboard. The camera is good however i cant take videos. kind of slow when typing and glitchy sometimes. This phone is very creative and has fun features. wouldnt recomend for adults but it is very good phone for kids, teens, and young adults. Overall, i am very satisfied.

Pros

• fun
  • Creative
  • touch screen
  • sliding keyboard
  • easy shortcuts
  • customized for you

Cons

• glitchy
  • slow
  • no videos

loulou10 alternatives:

SkippyBippy1114
posted on 26 Nov 2010, 21:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Nov 2010)

Good Phone!

SkippyBippy1114 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've had this phone for about a week. I'm really happy with this phone. I had the EnV 1 before I switched over to the Cosmos Touch and this is definitely an upgrade. My old phone was bulky and looked outdated. This phone is light-weight and the touch screen is fantastic. One problem I'm having is that sometimes when I slide the phone shut and randomly restarts itself. Is anyone else having this problem?? As I said, I've only had this phone for about a week but I could see this problem definitely becoming annoying in the future, as any person would.

Pros

• light-weight
  • pretty good battery life
  • camera has good quality

Cons

• sometimes will restart itself
  • sometimes i'll end up having to send a text message again because it never sent the first time.